- Sermon Slides for Sermon Speaking In Tongues: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon Speaking In Tongues: PDF
- Audio MP3 for Sermon Speaking In Tongues: Audio
- Video MP4 for Sermon Speaking In Tongues: Video
 The title of the sermon today is “SPEAKING IN TONGUES.”
Modern Day Speaking In Tongues Does Not Equal Speaking In Languages
- This sermon is about the MODERN DAY “speaking in tongues.”
- This is what we see in all types of so-called “Christian” churches today.
- I want to get one thing straight before we begin this study on “Speaking In Tongues.”
- Every denomination that I’ve ever seen “speak in tongues” believes you can lose your salvation.
- Every denomination that speaks in tongues believes it takes more than believing on the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved.
They all believe that it’s all about how good you are throughout your life.
- The entire Bible from front to back teaches the opposite of what they’re teaching in these churches.
- So, in other words, be careful who you believe, who you watch, what you learn, what goes into your head.
- Your mind is VERY POWERFUL. It can learn things by seeing it over and over again.
- So today: I want you to wipe your mind clear of all these pre-conceived ideas.
- Let’s act like this MODERN DAY speaking in tongues NEVER EXISTED. Because it didn’t until MODERN DAY.
And let’s just see the words in the Bible.
- Let’s see if there’s some unknown language that is constantly changing.
- Let’s see if there’s no set definition for any of the words. One time one word means this.
- Another time another word means this. It’s always changing. There is no order to this unknown language.
- If there is no order; If there are no rules for the language; it’s not a language.
- Speaking in tongues using this modern definition is equal to chaos. It’s just babbling.
- That’s not seen in the Bible ANYWHERE. It’s not spelled out in the Bible in that way ANYWHERE.
- This confusion of a so-called UNKNOWN language or UNKNOWN tongue is not from God.
 1 Corinthians 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
- For example, let’s say when the word “GREEN” comes out of my mouth today, you know that it means something is the color green or something is new or fresh.
- Each word in a language has a definition. It can have multiple meanings but you have a rule.
- If you didn’t, it would be PURE CONFUSION. It wouldn’t be a language. You couldn’t learn it.
- The same babbling words mean different things constantly if this “speaking in tongues” was true.
- This means It’s not a language. There are no rules for it. It’s confusion.
- Someone says 3 words in this babbling language, and then someone interprets that into 100 words.
- It’s amazing. Or one time it means this and another time it means that. That’s confusion.
Let’s See What The Bible Actually Says
So, to start let’s take a look at the word TONGUE or TONGUES in the Bible.
- These words appear 165 times in 160 different verses.
- As always let’s look at the first time the word tongue and tongues is used.
 Genesis 10:5 By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.
- God divided people into different lands by their tongue or language.
- Nations were divided by their language. By their tongue. Language comes from the tongue.
 Genesis 10:20 These are the sons of Ham, after their families, after their tongues, in their countries, and in their nations.
- Again, we see this is talking about their language.
- They didn’t stick out their tongues and God said, “Hey, your tongue is wide and narrow. You go there.”
- “Your tongue is narrow and long so you go over there.”
- He’s dividing the nations by their languages. The word tongue and tongues means language.
- A language is something you communicate with. It has set rules to the language.
- Without rules, it’s not a language and you won’t be able to learn it or understand it.
 Language: “the method of human communication, either spoken or written, consisting of the use of words in a structured and conventional way.”
- So, you saw the first use of the word tongue and tongues in the Bible. Those came from Genesis.
- Do you remember what happened in the book of Genesis with the Tower of Babel? Let’s see.
 Genesis 11:1 And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.
- So everyone BEFORE the Tower of Babel happened was of ONE LANGUAGE, ONE TONGUE, ONE SPEECH.
- And how do we know TONGUE means language?
- Genesis 10:20 just told us that the sons of Ham had their own countries and nations BASED ON their tongues or languages.
 Genesis 11:4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.
- So, these people are going to WORK THEIR WAY to heaven by building a tower.
- This is an evil thing. Believing you can work your way to heaven is EVIL. God says so in the Bible.
- CAIN tried to get God’s acceptance through HIS WORKS. God rejected that offering from Cain.
- Now, the Tower of Babel is another picture of that. People are working their way to heaven.
- This happened after Noah got off the ark. One of Noah’s 3 sons was named HAM.
 Genesis 11:5-6 And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded. 6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
- So, they imagine wicked and evil things. And now they’re doing those things.
- They were going to get worse and worse if they all join together.
- They are able to join together and imagine wicked things BECAUSE they all have ONE LANGUAGE.
 Genesis 11:7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech.
- So, God is going down to CONFOUND their language. Why? So they won’t understand one another.
- Confound means to change the languages so they don’t understand each other any more.
 Genesis 11:8-9 So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city. 9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.
- Notice that the name of the name of the tower is called “BABEL.”
- You know? Like the word babble and babbling. When you can’t understand someone, it’s babble.
- Modern day “Speaking in Tongues” is BABBLE because no one understands it.
- But, it could be an unknown “language” if there are rules so you could learn it and understand it.
- But, there are no rules. People say it’s some type of heavenly language that you can’t understand.
- You MUST have the HOLY SPIRIT to understand it. Just keep in mind: “God is not the author of confusion.”
God’s Heavenly Language Does Not Equal Babbling And Confusion
I guarantee you that GOD’S HEAVENLY LANGUAGE isn’t confusing.
- Look at the earth. Look at His creation. Understand your body and DNA. There isn’t confusion.
- It’s order. He runs things by order. He has rules. His Bible is in order. It’s written perfectly.
- He gives us ONE WAY to be saved, and it’s easy to understand.
- The Book of Revelation, when you read it for what it says, is very easy to understand.
- The order of the end of the world is easy to understand. God does things in perfect ORDER.
- Read Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus. See the order that He designs into things.
 1 Corinthians 14:40 Let all things be done decently and in order.
- He says, “Hey, build the ark like this. Build the tabernacle like this. Do these things. Don’t do these things.”
- He gives amazing details on what to do. He gives amazing details on what will happen.
Worldly false prophets that you see today will say:
- “Listen to me. I am a prophet from God. God speaks to me and me alone. LISTEN TO ME.”
- They say: “Hey, something BIG is going to happen this year. Something big.”
- True prophets from God give details. They give names. They say what’s going to happen.
- For example: look to the prophet Isaiah.
 Isaiah 44:28 That saith of Cyrus, He is my shepherd, and shall perform all my pleasure: even saying to Jerusalem, Thou shalt be built; and to the temple, Thy foundation shall be laid.
- That prophecy right there was about King Cyrus of PERSIA and it came 200 years before HIS BIRTH.
- King Cyrus wasn’t a King of Israel or Judah. He was the king of Persia.
 Ezra 1:2 Thus saith Cyrus king of Persia, The LORD God of heaven hath given me all the kingdoms of the earth; and he hath charged me to build him an house at Jerusalem, which is in Judah.
- Do you see this? God does things in ORDER. He gives people words that come true.
- He doesn’t give some generalized prediction of the future. “Something big is coming.”
- That’s not God. He gives us details. He gives us languages with rules and with order.
- That’s the nature of God. Read this Bible and you’ll see that over and over again.
- A false god has no order. It’s chaos. It’s not knowing what it takes to be saved.
- It’s confusion on being saved. You got to do this. You can’t do that. Do this. Follow this.
- Don’t do that. “Well, that’s confusing.” No listen. God’s not confusing.
He told us the way to be saved, and it’s simple and easy to understand.
- “BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST.” The false religions make it all complicated.
- The false religions are put there by our OPPOSITION. By the one who opposes us.
- That’s Satan, the great dragon, that old serpent, Lucifer, the fallen angel.
- Let’s look at some more Scripture with the words tongue or tongues.
 Deuteronomy 28:49 The LORD shall bring a nation against thee from far, from the end of the earth, as swift as the eagle flieth; a nation whose tongue thou shalt not understand;
- Again, we see that tongue means language. This is an unknown language that we see in this verse.
- When you don’t understand a language, it’s unknown to you. It’s an unknown tongue.
- I want to play you some audio clips today, and you tell me what kind of language these are.
- Are they known or unknown? What type are they? Listen to these clips.
Play Video (PAUSE VIDEO AFTER CLIP #7)
- Are these men “speaking in an unknown heavenly language” during church services?
- Or, are they speaking in actual known languages used here on Earth during church services?
- Which clips are the unknown heavenly language? Any of them?
- Did you know any of those tongues? Were they all “unknown” tongues to you?
- If not, what did they say? Can you tell me?
- Those languages were UNKNOWN to you, right?
- Let’s hear them again with the answers for each (PLAY REST OF VIDEO).
 Ezra 4:7 And in the days of Artaxerxes wrote Bishlam, Mithredath, Tabeel, and the rest of their companions, unto Artaxerxes king of Persia; and the writing of the letter was written in the Syrian tongue, and interpreted in the Syrian tongue.
- So we see the SYRIAN TONGUE in this verse, and it’s being interpreted in this verse.
- Today, we know the SYRIAN tongue as the ARAMIAC language.
- Some of the original Bible is written in SYRIAN or ARAMAIC. Ezra, Daniel, and one verse in Jeremiah.
- In that verse there, SYRIAN is being interpreted BECAUSE it’s a KNOWN LANGUAGE with rules.
 2 Kings 18:26 Then said Eliakim the son of Hilkiah, and Shebna, and Joah, unto Rab-shakeh, Speak, I pray thee, to thy servants in the Syrian language; for we understand it: and talk not with us in the Jews’ language in the ears of the people that are on the wall.
- They said: “Hey!!! Speak to us in the Syrian language which we understand and the others understand.”
- Why speak in a language that some people don’t understand? Speak the one we all understand.
- It’s annoying when people who speak English decide to speak some other language while you’re there.
- What are you trying to hide? Why do you suddenly start speaking with another language?
Babble Cannot Be Interpreted But The “Interpeter” Can Fake It
You CAN’T interpret BABBLE because you don’t know what’s being said.
- The person BABBLING some unknown BABBLE doesn’t know what they’re saying either.
- So, what’s the point in that? The Bible says the same thing I’m saying.
- If you speak in an unknown language, you’re speaking to NO ONE but yourself.
- If you speak to us here in this church in SWAHILI, we won’t have a clue what you’re saying.
- We won’t even know what language you’re speaking. It’s UNKNOWN to us.
You CAN interpret a language that you’ve learned, you know, and you understand.
- You CAN speak a language that you’ve learned and know. Why? YOU’RE LEARNED in that language.
- We see that in this verse here. The entire Bible is written in 3 languages: Hebrew, Aramaic, Aramaic.
- NEVER do we see some UNKNOWN BABBLE in the Bible.
- You don’t see ANY SECTION in the BIBLE with unknown words and someone interpreting those words.
- It’s ALWAYS a KNOWN LANGUAGE with entire NATIONS that speak that language.
Let’s look at the first time the word TONGUE is used in the New Testament.
- So, we’ve laid the ground work from the Old Testament. It’s explaining languages and tongues to us.
- So far, it’s very easy to understand because the evidence from our world and our Bible is there.
- 3 KNOWN LANGUAGES used within the Bible. There is no UNKNOWN BABBLE used anywhere.
- That’s evidence from the Bible. It’s clear. It’s easy to see. UNKNOWN BABBLE doesn’t exist in the Bible.
- Here’s the first time “tongue” is used in the New Testament.
 Mark 7:33-34 And he took him aside from the multitude, and put his fingers into his ears, and he spit, and touched his tongue; 34 And looking up to heaven, he sighed, and saith unto him, Ephphatha, that is, Be opened.
- This is talking about Jesus Christ. Jesus touched a deaf man’s ears and touched his tongue.
- Jesus looked up to heaven, sighed, and said: “EPHPHATHA.”
- What in the world does EPHPHATHA mean?
- Did Jesus speak in some heavenly language to HIS FATHER?
- It tells us right there in the verse that it means “BE OPENED.”
- But Jesus said this word in the SYRIACK language or the ARAMIAC language.
- Jesus does this many times in the New Testament.
 Matthew 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
- Again, Jesus is speaking to HIS FATHER in heaven saying: “Why hast thou forsaken me?”
- The Bible interprets this for us, but it’s written in both Hebrew and Syrian. We have the Old Testament.
 Psalm 22:1 My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?
- We see the exact same phrase in the Old Testament in the Book of Psalms. It’s in HEBREW.
- Known languages. The Bible always uses KNOWN LANGUAGES. Jesus always speaks in known languages.
- The APOSTLES always speak in KNOWN LANGUAGES.
- They might be UNKNOWN to people who aren’t “LEARNED” in those languages but they are structured languages with rules and known meanings.
- Let’s look at some more from the New Testament.
Babble From Babies Makes More Sense Than Babble In “Churches”
Let’s pretend that we don’t know about this “SPEAKING IN TONGUES BABBLE” that is done in churches today.
- I’m talking about the UNKNOWN BABBLE that comes out of people’s mouth.
- I was NEVER around it until our last church. They did it a couple of times.
- The first time I saw it I HAD NO IDEA what was happening.
- I thought the man was talking in some language that I didn’t know.
- I was ignorant of speaking in tongues. Took me a few minutes to understand what was happening.
- I WAS CONFUSED. What did that do for me? NOTHING. It confused me. Still don’t know what he said.
- God doesn’t CONFUSE us with some BABBLE LANGUAGE that has no order to it.
It has NO DESIGN to it. Words aren’t consistent. It’s always different. It makes no sense.
- You have people making up some interpretation.
- If everyone who has the HOLY SPIRIT can interpret this, let’s hear some babble.
- Put different people with the HOLY SPIRIT in different rooms and let’s interpret.
- You won’t get the same interpretation. Because no one knows what it actually means.
- If the Holy Spirit was interpreting, HE WOULD SAY THE SAME THING. Right?
- The Holy Spirit doesn’t get confused. HE KNOWS WHAT HE’S TALKING ABOUT. He’s GOD!!!
 Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
- New tongues are new languages to the one speaking them.
- They aren’t creating new languages. They learn NEW LANGUAGES.
- If I learn Hebrew, I would say that I’ve learned a new language.
- Did I create a BRAND NEW language?
- No, it’s not talking about creating an unknown babble language that isn’t structured.
- It’s not talking about some CHAOS language that has no structure.
Why would the early followers of Jesus receive the gift of speaking in NEW TONGUES?
- It’s very easy to understand this. The Bible is not difficult to understand.
- They receive this GIFT so they can preach the Gospel to people.
- They will understand the GOSPEL. God doesn’t want ANYONE to perish.
- Speaking in some BABBLE doesn’t HELP ANYONE. It profits NOTHING!!!
- If you know God, He doesn’t do things that way. Read the Bible.
- He gives this gift so the GOSPEL can spread throughout nations who speak different languages.
If the GOSPEL could only be spoken in Swahili, I’d be in trouble. I’m glad it came in ENGLISH!!!
- How did it get to me? Because people know GREEK and ENGLISH.
- Those people with the GIFT OF TONGUES interpreted the GOSPEL CORRECTLY for us.
- I thank God for that today.
- If He didn’t give that gift there in Mark 16:17 on the screen, I’d be in trouble.
- If it only came in some unknown BABBLE, I’d be in BIG trouble. No one could interpret that.
- Why? BABBLE doesn’t come from God. It’s NEVER in the Bible. EVER.
We Don’t Need Supernatural Signs From God
We don’t need some supernatural sign from God. We don’t need it for PROOF. I know I’m saved.
- I know I have the Holy Spirit within me. I don’t ask God for some sign so He can show me He’s there.
- I already know He’s there. People who want signs from God are evil. He doesn’t give them a sign.
- Watch what Jesus says right here. These aren’t my words.
 Matthew 12:39-40 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: 40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
- So, I’ve been around them in Church. You have these people that want a SIGN from God.
- If I speak in tongues, a heavenly BABBLE language, that’s a SIGN that I’m saved.
- God doesn’t say that ANYWHERE in the Bible.
- Jesus says: “Hey, an EVIL AND ADULTEROUS generation seeketh after a sign.”
- “Well, knowing many languages to Preach the Gospel just isn’t a good enough SIGN for me.”
- “I want to speak in a heavenly BABBLE language to show others I am HIGHER than them.”
- “I have a special CONNECTION with God that you don’t have. I’m better than you.”
- “I’m on a higher rung of the ladder BUDDY. You don’t God like me.” That’s what they’re saying.
- Some of them that speak in BABBLE LANGUAGE will flat out tell you what I just said.
 Psalm 14:3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
 Psalm 53:3 Every one of them is gone back: they are altogether become filthy; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
 Mark 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
 Romans 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
- Look there. The Bible tells us there is NONE GOOD. I’m not better than you. You aren’t better than me.
- I’m not on a HIGHER RUNG than you. There are NOT RUNGS TO THE LADDER my friend.
- There’s no TOWER OF BABEL that we’re building to God. We aren’t working our way to heaven.
- If you’re saved today and going to heaven, you can KNOW that EVERY PERSON IN HEAVEN all got there the EXACT SAME WAY.
- They were SAVED through the BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST.
- Speaking in BABBLE doesn’t put you on a higher level.
- It’s not a SIGN from God that you’re on a higher level. It doesn’t exist in the Bible.
 1 Corinthians 1:22-24 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
- Require a sign, and that becomes a STUMBLING BLOCK God says.
- Any religion that REQUIRES A SIGN from God proving that you’re saved HAS NO IDEA what the Bible teaches.
- It’s right there in that verse. Jesus just called it evil to seek after a sign.
- Jesus says that NO SIGN will be given to those who seek after one.
- Who do you believe today? JESUS or some religion. JESUS or some false preacher?
 John 5:2 Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches.
- Again, the New Testament teaches that a TONGUE is a language. HEBREW language = TONGUE.
- Now, we’re hitting the Book of Acts in the New Testament.
- ACTS CHAPTER 2 tells us everything we need to know about this miracle of SPEAKING IN TONGUES.
- Now pretend that you’ve never seen ANYONE speak in this BABBLE LANGUAGE in churches today.
- And you tell me if you can DEVELOP that belief from what we read and study today.
What Actually Happens In Acts Chapter 2?
Let’s see what happens there in ACTS CHAPTER 2.
- A sound from HEAVEN as a RUSHING MIGHTY WIND.
- This sound FILLED ALL THE HOUSE where they were sitting. When God shows up, you know.
- There is no question about it. YOU’LL KNOW WHEN IT’S HIM.
- There appeared CLOVEN TONGUES OF FIRE. Parted tongues of fire. These sat on each of the people.
 Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
- Other tongues is other languages. It’s not BABBLE. Remember, a language has order and structure to it.
- You’ll see proof of what I’m saying in the words of the Bible.
 Acts 2:5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.
- So there in Jerusalem were JEWS of every nation under heaven.
- Do you remember how the nations were divided? Remember what we saw in the Book of Genesis.
- Nations were divided by their tongues or the languages they speak.
- You can’t really live together and be in harmony when you can’t understand each other.
- So, you have all these JEWS from different nations that are living in JERUSALEM.
- Now, do you remember how God confounded the language at the TOWER OF BABEL?
- Well, now, God is bringing them all BACK TOGETHER for a VERY IMPORTANT reason!!!
- Why would HE DO THIS??? There’s a purpose behind it. See this today.
 Acts 2:6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.
- The multitude of all these different people coming together that speak different languages.
- Imagine that in today’s world.
- Imagine people from Mexico, Canada, United States, Germany, France, Africa, Sweden, China, Japan, Iraq, Iran, Korea all coming together and EVERYONE understanding each other in their own language.
- Wouldn’t that be CONFOUNDING? That would surprise you, right?
 Acts 2:7-8 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans? 8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?
- The ones speaking are GALILAEANS. All the other people HEAR THEM in their language.
- Imagine if I spoke in Spanish to you and you heard it in English. No interpreter required.
- The HOLY GHOST is there. There is no interpreter here at this time in Acts Chapter 2.
- And the Bible makes that very clear throughout the chapter. What languages are being spoke?
- What TONGUES are being spoken? Remember, tongues are known structured languages.
 Acts 2:9-11 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, 10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, 11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.
- So, all of these people who speak different languages are hearing them in their own language.
- That’s amazing. That’s a miracle. But why? See verse 11 on the screen there.
- “WE DO HEAR THEM SPEAK IN OUR TONGUES THE WONDERFUL WORKS OF GOD!!!”
Why Did The Miracle Of Tongues Happen On Pentecost?
So why in the world did this miracle happen that day?
- Guess what happens? Peter preaches the GOSPEL to the multitude and all hear and understand.
- There was no interpreter. There is no language barrier when this happens. They all hear and understand.
- What are they hearing? THE GOSPEL. The information they need to hear to BE SAVED.
- That’s why the HOLY GHOST came like a RUSHING WIND that day.
- That’s why cloven tongues of fire appeared over their heads.
 Acts 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
- Notice the order of this verse. FIRST: they gladly received the GOSPEL words from Peter.
- They believed what he preached to them. Repent. Change your mind and believe.
- Once they believed, they were baptized. Once they believed, they were already saved.
- Once you believe, you receive the indwelling of the HOLY SPIRIT which seals your soul.
- You don’t have to get baptized to be saved and receive the HOLY SPIRIT.
- Once you believe, you receive the HOLY SPIRIT.
- Later in the Book of Acts, you know the SAME BOOK, we see this.
- Watch this so you know I’m preaching the truth to you today.
 Acts 10:43-45 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. 44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. 45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
- So look there at verse 43. You are saved by believing on Jesus Christ to save you.
- “WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHALL RECEIVE REMISSION OF SINS.”
- The people who heard the WORD OF GOD and believed WERE SAVED RIGHT THEN.
- This sign was given so PETER and the others could see that the GENTILES were saved too.
- This gift of ETERNAL LIFE wasn’t just for the JEWS. It’s for all PEOPLE.
That’s what God wanted them to see with this great sign of SPEAKING IN DIFFERENT LANGUAGES and understanding.
- See in verse 45 where it says: “They of the circumcision which believed were ASTONISHED!!!”
- Why? Because the gift of the HOLY GHOST was poured out on the Gentiles.
- But I want you to see this today. I want you to see that the gift of the HOLY GHOST was given to these GENTILES before they were baptized.
- Why would the Bible give us this story? To show us once again that BAPTISM doesn’t save you.
- You’re SAVED by believing and then you get baptized. Watch this as we continue in verse 46.
 Acts 10:46-48 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter, 47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? 48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.
- So, there’s 100% proof right there from the BOOK OF ACTS showing that you don’t have to be baptized to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit which SEALS your soul from sin!!!
- Notice where it says they HEARD THEM SPEAK WITH TONGUES. Just like ACTS CHAPTER 2.
- It doesn’t mention ANY BABBLE LANGUAGE. Tongues EQUAL known languages with ORDER.
- Acts Chapter 2 is the first time SPEAKING IN TONGUES happens and it tells us what it means.
- And it’s very clear. You have to open up your eyes and see this today. See the words of the Bible.
- Don’t let ANYONE add or change those words. Let go of the pre-conceived ideas from man.
Others Were Saved Before Acts Chapter 10
There’s something else I want to mention here before we move on.
- God tells us right there in Acts Chapter 10 that the GENTILES can be saved too.
- That’s it not JUST for the JEWS and the children of Israel.
- So, were other people besides Jews and Israelites SAVED before Acts Chapter 10?
- Oh yes!!! They were definitely saved before this time.
- Do you remember Pharaoh from the time of Joseph? He could have been saved.
- That Pharaoh FEARED GOD for sure. The Pharaoh after that sure didn’t fear God.
- Watch what PETER says a little earlier in Acts Chapter 10.
 Acts 10:34-35 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: 35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.
- Let me show you this BECAUSE it’s very important to understand today.
- All people in the BIBLE are saved in the same way. It doesn’t matter who you are.
- Israelite, Moabite, Jew, Egyptian, Samaritan, Galilean, Bethlehemite, Edomite, Babylonian, Persian, Greek, Mede, Roman.
- Hey, it doesn’t matter GOD SAYS. Here’s what He says. Now watch this.
 Romans 10:11-14 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
- If you believe on Jesus, you’re saved. Notice it says: “WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH ON HIM.”
- There is no difference in ANY OF US. We all came from Adam and Eve.
- God doesn’t care what language you speak or what nation you are.
- That’s why He sent the Holy Ghost that day in Acts Chapter 2 and Acts Chapter 10.
- And I want to show you that the people in the Old Testament were ALSO SAVED by believing.
- They were saved in the same way. If someone in Egypt BELIEVED, they were saved.
- They are in heaven right now. Why? Because of their BELIEF IN AND ON GOD to save them.
 Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
- All the prophets GOD GAVE witness. From Abel to Zechariah, A to Z.
- They knew that they would ONLY BE SAVED from their sins THROUGH GOD HIMSELF.
- In order to call upon the Lord, you FIRST must BELIEVE.
- So watch this from the Old Testament and see if this makes sense to you now.
 Genesis 4:26 And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD.
 Genesis 12:7-8 And the LORD appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land: and there builded he an altar unto the LORD, who appeared unto him. 8 And he removed from thence unto a mountain on the east of Beth-el, and pitched his tent, having Beth-el on the west, and Hai on the east: and there he builded an altar unto the LORD, and called upon the name of the LORD.
 Psalm 55:16 As for me, I will call upon God; and the LORD shall save me.
- I simply want you to see today that you’re saved by calling upon God.
- In order to call upon God, you FIRST MUST BELIEVE. You don’t call upon Him if you don’t believe.
- ABRAHAM was saved by FAITH. He believed what God told HIM. He had faith in and on GOD.
You’re Saved By Grace Through Faith And Not Baptism Or Speaking In Tongues
 Genesis 15:6 And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.
- The Old Testament tells us Abraham was SAVED by faith.
- The New Testament does the same throughout. Here’s an example.
 Galatians 3:9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
- So again, the entire point of this is to show that people in the Old Testament were SAVED by FAITH.
 Psalm 116:10-13 I believed, therefore have I spoken: I was greatly afflicted: 11 I said in my haste, All men are liars. 12 What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me? 13 I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.
- Since all are SAVED the same way, this should tell you something.
- Baptism doesn’t save you. The thief next to Jesus on the cross wasn’t baptized.
- The Bible NEVER says the act of water baptism saves you.
- Speaking in tongues BABBLE doesn’t save you. Nothing but FAITH on your part saves you.
- Let’s look at some more verses on tongues. We’re moving through the NEW TESTAMENT now.
 Acts 26:14 And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
- That’s PAUL speaking right there in that verse telling us about when Jesus appeared to him.
- Paul heard Jesus speaking to him “IN THE HEBREW TONGUE.” Jesus spoke to him in HEBREW.
- Now that you know 100% for sure that TONGUES are KNOWN LANGUAGES, let’s look at 1 Corinthians.
- Now, see the words of the Bible and see if this makes sense to you.
 1 Corinthians 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
- So, the HOLY SPIRIT is given to us NOW to PROFIT ALL PEOPLE around us. It’s not just for us individually.
- Let’s continue reading in 1 Corinthians Chapter 12 so you see this today.
 1 Corinthians 12:8-9 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
- So this is talking about gifts that God gives us through the HOLY SPIRIT.
- Notice, not all gifts are given to ALL PEOPLE. It says, “TO ONE IS GIVEN. TO ANOTHER IS GIVEN.”
- False churches and preachers teach that “YOU MUST SPEAK IN BABBLE TONGUES TO BE SAVED.”
- The Bible doesn’t say that, and the Bible doesn’t even say BABBLE SPEAK is even valid AT ALL.
- Watch this in the next verse.
 1 Corinthians 12:10-11 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: 11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
- The gifts are divided. Notice what 2 of the gifts are in this SCRIPTURE.
- Not everyone gets these gifts. The Bible is very clear and easy to understand.
- “DIVERS KINDS OF TONGUES.” That means different kinds of languages. Speaking multiple languages.
- “To another the interpretation of tongues.” That means interpreting different languages.
- Remember, read the Bible for what it ACTUALLY SAYS and NOT with some pre-conceived idea.
 1 Corinthians 12:28-30 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues. 29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? 30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?
- In other words, God has given SOME people SOME gifts. Not all of the gifts.
- The gift of speaking in tongues and interpreting tongues is the gift of knowing languages and the gift of interpreting those languages.
- Why would GOD gives these gifts related to tongues and languages? It’s very obvious.
- He gave it so the GOSPEL can be spread easily without any issue.
Paul Speaks With Tongues Of Men And Of Angels
 1 Corinthians 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
- Paul speaks with the TONGUES OF MEN AND OF ANGELS.
- We studied angels in detail throughout the Bible. Whenever they speak to men, they speak in the language known to that man.
- Angels are messengers of God. Jesus is called the ANGEL OF THE LORD. He is a messenger of GOD THE FATHER.
- There are living creatures who are angels with wings, there are flesh and blood men who have lived on earth who are angels, and there is Jesus an angel of the Lord.
- All of them within the Bible speak in KNOWN LANGUAGES.
 Genesis 16:7-8 And the angel of the LORD found her by a fountain of water in the wilderness, by the fountain in the way to Shur. 8 And he said, Hagar, Sarai’s maid, whence camest thou? and whither wilt thou go? And she said, I flee from the face of my mistress Sarai.
- That’s the first time the word ANGEL shows up in the Bible.
- And notice this angel is speaking to Hagar in a known language. She understands HIM.
- The Bible writes this in HEBREW. It doesn’t say the angel spoke: “BLAH BLAH,” Hagar went WHAT??? and then the Holy Spirit interpreted it to mean what it says.
- That NEVER shows up in the Bible. The tongues of ANGELS are the same KNOWN LANGUAGES.
- It’s very easy to see that TONGUES are KNOWN LANGUAGES with rules and structure in the Bible.
- BABBLE is not a TONGUE. It’s not an unknown TONGUE because it’s not a language with ORDER.
- With that said, let’s look at 1 Corinthians Chapter 14.
 1 Corinthians 14:1 Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.
- Prophesying isn’t all about telling the future. Prophesying is understand the Bible and preaching the Bible.
- He says to DESIRE spiritual gifts BUT desire the ability to prophesy or PREACH THE WORD OF GOD.
- Why? Because it’s the MOST IMPORTANT thing you can do. God wants people to be saved.
- Now, look what it says next.
 1 Corinthians 14:2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.
- So, let’s say a man from Africa speaking SWAHILI walks into this Church and wants to PREACH THE WORD OF GOD to us.
- This man that walks in has the gift of tongues or knows many languages, but He doesn’t know English.
- And none of us know SWAHILI. You would say, “Hey, this language is UNKNOWN to me. What is this language you’re speaking???”
- “I can’t understand this language.” That’s what we would all say. “This is confusing.”
- But, if there was an interpreter who knew how to interpret Swahili to English, that would be useful.
An Unknown Language Does Not Equal Babble Because Babble Isn’t Language
So this man comes in speaking an unknown language to us. It’s a language that is used in this world.
- It’s not BABBLE. The TONGUE or language has structure and order to it.
- But this man comes in speaking SWAHILI. He “speaketh not unto men but unto GOD.”
- Why is that? Because none of us are understanding this man. He’s preaching the Gospel.
- But only God is the one who is understanding him. He’s speaking mysteries to us but not to God.
- That’s what the verse on the screen means.
 1 Corinthians 14:3-4 But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort. 4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.
- If that man comes speaking to us in Swahili, he’s not helping us at all.
- Edify means to teach or instruct us. He’s only helping himself. We don’t understand what he’s saying.
- Instead, we want to be taught. We want to understand the preaching.
 1 Corinthians 14:5 I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.
- Paul is saying it’s better to be able to teach and preach the word of God than to speak with all different types of languages.
- In other words, you can have the gift of many languages but if you don’t know how to teach the Bible it’s not worth much.
 1 Corinthians 14:9 So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air.
- In other words, if you don’t know how to teach someone the word of God, it’s like speaking into the air.
- If I made this sermon too complicated and hard to understand, what’s it worth? NOTHING.
- I might as well speak into the air.
 1 Corinthians 14:11 Therefore if I know not the meaning of the voice, I shall be unto him that speaketh a barbarian, and he that speaketh shall be a barbarian unto me.
- If the man speaking only Swahili came into this church, we would have no idea what he’s saying and he wouldn’t know what we were saying.
- So look, isn’t this easy to understand? The Bible is very clear on tongues and the gift of tongues.
 1 Corinthians 14:13 Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret.
- So, if that man speaking Swahili also has the gift of interpretation to ENGLISH, then we’re good.
- He could tell us what he wants to say in ENGLISH. He can interpret to English.
- Or, if he brought an interpreter with him, we’d be good. It would take longer, but we could understand.
 1 Corinthians 14:18 I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all:
- That’s Paul speaking. God sent Paul to preach the Gospel to all nations.
- Why do you think God gave Paul the gift of many languages or the gift of tongues?
- See how easy this is to understand? Speaking BABBLE to people just confuses them.
- When I heard someone do it the first time, I was confused. Had no idea what the man was saying.
- And he didn’t know what he was saying either. Why? Because it’s BABBLE. Not a language. CONFUSION!
 1 Corinthians 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
- That’s the same chapter where it’s talking about unknown tongues. That’s unknown structured and ordered languages. It’s not BABBLE language that means something different every time.
 1 Corinthians 14:19 Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.
- Doesn’t this make sense now? The Bible is easy to understand.
Speaking In Babble Doesn’t Profit Anyone But The Deceiver Speaking In “Tongues”
 1 Corinthians 14:21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.
- What would it help to come in and speak BABBLE to someone?
- They might think you’re speaking in some other language.
- What would help is speaking in their language. But the Bible says: “They still won’t hear.”
- That’s like me going through the entire Bible with you like I’ve done today with TONGUES and showing you that TONGUES are KNOWN LANGUAGES, and you just not hearing.
- “I DON’T ACCEPT WHAT THE BIBLE IS SAYING.” I want to believe in this BABBLE SPEAK.
- “I won’t believe what God says.” Happens every day all the time. No one wants to hear God.
 1 Corinthians 14:22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.
- Why would the gift of tongues be given? It’s for those that BELIEVE NOT.
- It’s to preach the Gospel to them so they can hear the WORD OF GOD and believe what it says.
- Then prophesying or teaching the WORD OF GOD serves them once they believe.
- The TONGUES that we see in Acts Chapter 2 were given for a SIGN.
- If we all understood the man preaching in Swahili and heard him in English, that’s a sign from God.
 1 Corinthians 14:23 If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?
- So, let’s say the entire church is speaking different languages or tongues.
- Notice is says, “And there come in those that are UNLEARNED.”
- Why would it say unlearned? It’s saying they haven’t learned the different languages that are spoken.
- There were many people in that day that knew many languages in the church.
- They speak to each other in different languages. You come into that church. Imagine what you hear.
What do you think you would be like? “WHAT ARE THEY SAYING??? This place is crazy.”
- That’s what that verse is saying. You don’t KNOW the languages. You’re unlearned in those languages.
- You can’t learn BABBLE. BABBLE can’t be LEARNED because there is no structure.
- It doesn’t mean anything. The person speaking it doesn’t know what it means.
- That verse right there tells you that speaking with tongues doesn’t mean BABBLE.
- The word UNLEARNED is the key to seeing that. UNLEARNED means you haven’t learned the languages.
- I don’t see BABBLE being taught anywhere. It CANNOT be taught or learned.
 1 Corinthians 14:27 If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.
- Doesn’t that verse make more sense now?
- If someone comes into church speaking an unknown language, SOMEONE MUST INTERPRET.
 1 Corinthians 14:28 But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.
- If a man speaking SWAHILI comes here, he would have to keep silence.
- If he had an interpreter or God wanted to do a miracle, we would hear him in ENGLISH.
- If we can’t understand what the man speaking Swahili is saying, he’s speaking to himself and to God only.
- Now that you understand this, let’s go back to a verse really quick.
 1 Corinthians 14:2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.
- Pretend now that SPEAKING IN TONGUES does mean SPEAKING IN BABBLE like done in churches today.
- If “NO MAN” means “NO MAN ANYWHERE” can understand, then NO MAN ANYWHERE would be able to interpret like they do in churches today.
- This proves that BABBLE does not equal an UNKNOWN TONGUE. The Bible defines unknown tongue.
- That verse simply means that no man PRESENT understands the language he’s speaking.
- That’s proven by walking through the verses in detail like we just did.
Real Profit Never Comes From Speaking Babble
Speaking in BABBLE doesn’t profit anyone AT ALL.
- An interpreter making up things when they hear the BABBLE sure doesn’t profit ANYONE AT ALL.
- That’s deception. God doesn’t do deception. I hope you see this today. It’s very clear.
- When you know God, you know He isn’t the author of confusion. That should be proof to you today.
- Speaking in BABBLE profits NO ONE. It doesn’t exist in the Bible. There is not ONE OCCURRENCE OF IT.
Remember, as we close today, your job is to study the Bible too.
- If you don’t believe what I said today, start studying the Bible.
- Study these words and all their variances:
- Tongue, tongues, language, languages, interpret, interpreter.
- Find all the verses. Read the entire passage of Scripture when you find those verse. You’ll notice things.
- When you look up the word LANGUAGE, you’ll see that it’s used only ONCE in the New Testament.
- I want to show you the ONE AND ONLY TIME the word language is used in the New Testament.
- This is a message for you today from God.
 Acts 2:6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.
- Acts Chapter 2, as you know, is the chapter in the New Testament that teaches us about this miracle of TONGUES.
- And notice what it says one more time: “Every man heard them speak in HIS OWN LANGUAGE.”
- They were preaching in GALILEAN but every man heard them in HIS OWN LANGUAGE.
- That’s tongues. TONGUES are known languages with order and structure.
- I want you to see the last 2 occurrences of the word tongue and tongues in the Bible.
- Coming from the Book of Revelation.
 Revelation 16:16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.
 Revelation 17:15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
- One last time as we close this out for good. Tongues are known languages with order and structure.
- Unknown tongues are known languages that you just don’t understand because you’re UNLEARNED in those languages.
- They are UNKNOWN to you. They are not UNKNOWN to others that speak the language in this world.
- God can do miracles and give people the understanding of unknown languages that exist in this world.
- The gift of tongues is UNDERSTANDING LANGUAGES so don’t confuse it with BABBLE.
- God resolves the language issue He created. He doesn’t add to the language issue with BABBLING.
- TONGUES = KNOWN LANGUAGES. END OF STORY. PERIOD.