- Sermon Slides for Sermon The Abraham’s Bosom Doctrine Of Men: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon The Abraham’s Bosom Doctrine Of Men: PDF
- Audio MP3 for Sermon The Abraham’s Bosom Doctrine Of Men: Audio
- Video MP4 for Sermon The Abraham’s Bosom Doctrine Of Men: Video
 The title of the sermon: “The Abraham’s Bosom Doctrine Of Men.”
Let’s Contend For The Faith Which Is Believing God’s Word
- Pastors and preachers today will fight you over the Abraham’s Bosom doctrine.
- They will tell you that Jesus did not go to hell.
- They will tell others that I am a heretic for preaching that Jesus went to hell.
- And then you have this evil preaching that says: “Well, we don’t break fellowship over this.”
- For some reason, the “We don’t break fellowship over this” is spreading like wildfire.
 Titus 3:9-11 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain. 10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; 11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.
- They will say, “We shouldn’t fight over the Abraham’s bosom doctrine.”
- “For this is unprofitable and vain. Let’s just agree to disagree.” But they didn’t read the next verse.
- Read verse 10 again. “A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject.”
- I won’t continue to argue with you about it. I won’t continue to strive with you over it.
- I won’t fight you over it. If you keep teaching Abraham’s bosom is paradise in hell, I will correct you.
- And I will correct you the first time, the second time, and then I will reject you.
- I won’t allow you to continue to teach Abraham’s bosom doctrine to me, my wife, and my children.
“Well, we shouldn’t break fellowship over something like this.” Where do you get that from?
- “We shouldn’t break fellowship over this.” Have you ever thought where that is coming from?
- It’s not coming from God. Abraham’s Bosom doctrine is a FOOLISH and IGNORANT doctrine.
- If you’ve studied the King James Bible in regards to this, it’s very clear and very easy to see.
- So why shouldn’t we break fellowship over the FACT that the soul of Jesus Christ went to hell.
- Yes, it is a very important doctrine. It’s not a foolish question. It’s not a genealogy.
- It’s not a striving about the law. It is a HIGHLY, HIGHLY important doctrine.
- It’s very important to understand that the soul of Jesus Christ went to hell.
 2 Timothy 4:2-4 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
- So, we will preach the word here. We will do it instantly in season and out of season.
- If come in here with your Abraham’s Bosom false doctrine, then I will tell you that you’re wrong.
- I will show you the word of God with all longsuffering and doctrine.
- If you won’t believe the word of God, you have a problem. I don’t have the problem. You do.
- I believe what God’s word says and it’s very clear about the soul of Jesus Christ going to hell.
- I want to go to Acts Chapter 2. And I will continue Acts Chapter 2 as we go throughout this sermon.
 Acts 2:22-23 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: 23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
 Acts 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
- Jesus Christ died on the cross. Yes, Jesus Christ died on the cross.
- You’ll get heretics saying, “No, Jesus didn’t die on the cross. The human side of Jesus died.”
- “Jesus has 2 natures and the human nature of Jesus died on the cross.”
- Oh, really? I missed that part in the Scriptures.
- Do you have any Scripture to back up that doctrine of men?
- I have plenty of Scripture like that one that tells me Jesus Christ died on the cross.
 Revelation 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
- Jesus Christ HIMSELF says, “I am HE that liveth, and WAS DEAD.”
- “WAS DEAD. WAS DEAD. WAS DEAD.” How many times do we need to see this?
- Jesus Christ died on the cross that day. The false preacher says, “Oh no, He wasn’t dead.”
 Revelation 2:8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;
- Jesus Christ, who is the SON OF GOD and is God, tells us that He was dead.
- Who do you think knows more? Is it the false preacher or is it Jesus Christ?
- The false preacher says, “Jesus doesn’t know what He’s talking about.”
- “He didn’t realize He had 2 natures: human and God and only the human part of Him died.”
- “He must have just forgotten to tell us that ONLY the human part of Him died.”
- “The God part of Him went to Abraham’s bosom, which is a compartment in hell called paradise.”
- They don’t realize that THE DEAD don’t go to paradise. The living go to paradise which is in heaven.
 Romans 14:9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.
- You know what? A sermon like this is difficult for me to preach. Why?
- Because it’s so easy to see that Jesus died on the cross, His body was buried, and His soul went to hell.
- “For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that He might be the Lord both of the dead and living.”
- HE CONQUERED DEATH. He tells us that He was DEAD. But His soul was alive? Really?
Yes, Jesus Was DEAD In Body And Soul
- No, He means DEAD. His body was dead and His soul was dead in hell. Yes, that’s what I said.
- Without that, Romans Chapter 14 wouldn’t make any sense. He’s the Lord both of the dead and living.
- If He couldn’t conquer hell and defeat death and hell, then He wouldn’t be the LORD OF ALL.
- Instead, hell would have a different Lord because Jesus didn’t defeat it.
But the truth is, Jesus created hell, the soul of Jesus went to hell, and He conquered hell.
- He showed us that He is God by going to hell and coming back from it. He is the Lord of heaven and hell.
- He has the KEYS OF HELL AND OF DEATH. He is THE CREATOR of all. He is the Lord of all.
- Satan isn’t the Lord of hell. Satan isn’t the Lord of the dead. Satan isn’t the leader of hell.
 Revelation 20:1-2 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
 Revelation 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
- Jesus gave that key to that angel named Abaddon or Apollyon from heaven.
- That angel is working for Jesus and his name isn’t Lucifer or Satan.
- Satan doesn’t hold the keys to hell. Satan is bound by God’s angel and thrown into hell.
- If Satan were Lord over hell then hell couldn’t hold Satan. But it’s not Satan who is Lord over hell.
- He just wants you to think he has power like that. JESUS CHRIST is the LORD OVER HELL.
- JESUS CHRIST conquered death and hell. Satan will never do that. Why? Because he isn’t God.
- And he doesn’t like to hear that so he’s deceived the entire world into thinking he is Lord over hell.
- All the little cartoons show you that Satan is the Lord of hell. WRONG.
 Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
- Satan has no power at all over death and hell. But I know the one who does.
- And it’s very simple and easy to understand. JESUS CHRIST is the one who has power over death and hell.
- AND HE PROVED IT TO US. How?
- By dying on the cross, His soul going to hell, and His resurrection from the dead.
- His resurrection from the dead included His body being raised from the dead and His soul being raised from hell.
- He defeated death and hell. Being dead INCLUDES going to hell.
- The dead go to hell. The living go to heaven.
Abraham’s bosom is some VERY WEIRD and false doctrine or teaching created by man. It’s not in the Bible.
- They teach that all the saved people who died BEFORE Jesus Christ died on the cross didn’t go to heaven.
- “All the people prior to Jesus Christ dying on the cross went to a place called Abraham’s bosom.”
- They will say that Abraham’s bosom is equivalent to paradise.
- And where do they say Abraham’s bosom was located? They’ll say that it was a compartment in hell.
- Where do they get his? They use a couple of verses within the Bible to form this false doctrine.
 Luke 16:22-23 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham’s bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; 23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
- The beggar believed on Jesus Christ so he was carried by the angels into Abraham’s bosom.
- The man who went to hell was in torments and saw Abraham afar off and Lazarus in his bosom.
- Their doctrine is so weird that it’s difficult to even explain what they’re saying.
- It’s very easy to explain this. A bosom is a chest.
- If I pull you into my bosom, I am pulling you close to my chest.
- I’m not opening up my chest cavity and sticking you in there. You won’t fit. This is so stupid.
Abraham died and went to paradise which is heaven. The beggar died and went to heaven.
- Abraham is in heaven. He is the father of all those who believe. The Bible says so.
- This man died and went to heaven to be with Abraham. Abraham has him close to his bosom.
- He is in Abraham’s bosom.
- If I pulled Callie up here and hugged her close against my chest as I do at times, you could say that Callie is in my bosom or chest.
- That’s how I hug my children. That’s what Abraham was doing right there.
- The man in hell looks up into heaven and sees Lazarus in Abraham’s bosom.
Abraham Was Holding Lazarus Near His Chest
Is that difficult to understand? Is it weird that Abraham would be holding Lazarus closely and hugging him?
- No, it’s not weird at all. What’s weird is this other doctrine of men.
 John 13:23 Now there was leaning on Jesus’ bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved.
- Is it weird for children to hug their father and lean on their chest or bosom? No, it’s not weird.
- Did the apostle John jump inside the chest cavity of Jesus Christ right there?
- Did Jesus rip open his bosom and John jumped inside? NO.
 John 21:20 Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee?
- The bosom of Jesus in John Chapter 13 is now the breast of Jesus in John Chapter 21.
- The bosom is the chest. The Bible says so. It’s very clear.
- Why would somebody make up this compartment in hell and call it Abraham’s bosom?
- They just made it up. It’s not in the Bible AT ALL! And everyone listens to it.
- Why? Because they have this weird idea that creates this place within Abraham’s bosom.
- Is this his actual chest cavity? He must have been a very, very, very large man.
- Think of all the people that would have to fit within his chest cavity prior to Jesus dying on the cross.
Adam, Eve, Abel, Seth, Noah, Sarah, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, Aaron, and so on and on.
- All the way to John the Baptist. John the Baptist was beheaded before Jesus died on the cross.
- Millions upon millions of saved people would have been in Abraham’s bosom or chest cavity.
- THAT IS A LARGE MAN. “All of you come inside my chest cavity. It’s open here just for you.”
- No, this is an idiotic doctrine that came from man.
 Matthew 15:6-9 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition. 7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, 8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. 9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
- That is exactly what is happening right here with the Abraham’s bosom doctrine of men.
- God clearly says within the Bible that the soul of Jesus Christ went to hell. IT’S VERY, VERY CLEAR.
- But the men and women of this world say, “Oh no, there’s no way because that doesn’t make sense.”
- Well, guess what? Your Abraham’s bosom doctrine doesn’t make any sense AT ALL. It’s idiotic.
- There is no SCRIPTURE at all backing the doctrine of Abraham’s bosom is a compartment in hell.
- Paradise in hell? Really? I must have missed all of that Scripture too.
These people draw near to God with their mouth only. They honor God with their lips only.
- They act like they represent God, but their HEART is far from Jesus Christ.
- IN VAIN they worship Jesus Christ by teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
- I’m basing what I teach about the soul of Jesus Christ going to hell from the words of the Bible.
 John 7:16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
- That’s where I’m getting my doctrine. It’s coming from God Almighty HIMSELF.
- It’s not coming from a man. It’s not coming from a seminary. It’s not coming from a doctor of theology.
- It’s not coming from a preacher. It’s not coming from a pastor. It’s not coming from a Bible college.
- I’m going to ONE who is far, far, far, far greater than any of those men or women. I’m going to God.
- You can’t act like you worship God and then teach the doctrine of Abraham’s bosom to people.
- Listen to this warning in the book of Colossians. Who has saved you? Who are you reporting to?
- Who are you trying to please with this Abraham’s bosom doctrine?
 Colossians 2:18-19 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, 19 And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.
 Colossians 2:20-22 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, 21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not; 22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?
 Colossians 2:23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.
- The Bible warns us over and over again to stop worshipping man by following their doctrines.
- Are you dead in Christ or not?
- If you can’t stop teaching doctrines of men, are you actually saved in Christ?
- Have you truly believed on the Lord Jesus Christ and TRUSTED HIS WORDS? Do you believe His words?
Do Not Create Fairy Tale Doctrines Of Men
He clearly spells things out in the Bible, but yet you choose to listen to doctrines of men over Jesus?
- The religious people called the Pharisees and Sadducees did the same thing within the Bible.
- You don’t want to be like them. They are children of the devil.
- Why don’t we actually hear the words of Jesus Christ and believe His words?
- Why would you trust any man over Jesus Christ and HIS WORDS? If you do, you aren’t understanding.
 1 Timothy 4:1-3 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; 3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
- Don’t depart from THE FAITH and teach the doctrines of devils.
- Yes, Abraham’s bosom doctrine is a doctrine of devils. And you might argue, “No, it’s not.”
- “We shouldn’t break fellowship over this.” And I say, “Oh yes I will break fellowship over this.”
- And I’ll explain why as we continue in this sermon.
 1 Timothy 4:6-7 If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained. 7 But refuse profane and old wives’ fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.
- Faith is believing the word of God for what God says in HIS WORDS.
- “Nourished up in the words of faith and of GOOD DOCTRINE.” Where do we get “GOOD” doctrine?
- The Bible. The word of God. Not in our minds. We can make anything up in our minds.
- Abraham’s bosom sounds like it came out of a fable book or fairy tale book.
- “But refuse PROFANE and old wives’ fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.”
- Godliness isn’t ignoring the word of God and choosing fairy tales from men and women.
 Titus 1:9-11 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers. 10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision: 11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre’s sake.
- We are to be FAITHFUL to God’s word in which we find SOUND DOCTRINE.
- We should be stopping the mouths of these unruly and vain talkers and deceivers.
- Their mouths MUST be stopped. It doesn’t say, “We shouldn’t break fellowship with them.”
- “Abraham’s bosom is not an important doctrine that we should break fellowship over.”
- WHAT??? Where do people get this instruction on wisdom? The Bible NEVER says this.
- From what I see, the Bible says: “Whose mouths must be stopped.”
 Titus 1:12-14 One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies. 13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; 14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.
- When someone is lying, we should REBUKE them sharply. Why?
- So that they may be sound in the faith. Not giving heed to FABLES and the commandments of men.
- Why? Because when they preach these false doctrines, they turn people from the truth.
- Yes, Abraham’s bosom doctrine is turning people from the truth.
- But the men preaching this trash? What do they say? “We shouldn’t break fellowship.”
- And I say, “Well we won’t break fellowship if you’ll take the rebuke and change your mind.”
- My mind isn’t changing because I’m putting my faith in God’s word.
- If you won’t see God’s word and change your mind, then I will reject you just like God says.
And I will be patient with you. I will show you God’s word over and over again.
- It’s you that doesn’t want to hear it any more. “Well let’s just agree to disagree.”
- NO!!! We need to get it right and come to the correct conclusion which is the truth.
- I’ll spend the whole day and night with you going over the Scriptures that prove Abraham’s bosom is a false doctrine.
It’s not me that’s not being patient and longsuffering. It’s you because you don’t want to hear it.
- You don’t want to hear God’s word? You don’t want God’s word to prove you wrong?
- There’s the difference. I want God’s word to prove me wrong so I can get it right.
- God knows that difference. I don’t mind at all admitting that I am wrong.
- But don’t try to tell me I’m wrong on something when God’s word is very clear.
- Let’s continue in Acts Chapter 2. We left off at verse 25. Jesus died on the cross and was dead.
- But death could not hold Jesus down.
 Acts 2:25-27 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved: 26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: 27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
- Verse 27 is very important to this sermon. “Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell.”
- “Neither wilt thou suffer thine HOLY ONE to see corruption.” Who do you think THE HOLY ONE is?
- Do you think this is talking about David? He’s not THE HOLY ONE. He was a man just like you and I.
- “Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell.” Doesn’t that mean the soul went to hell?
- Whose soul has been to hell but wasn’t left in hell?
“Well, Of Couse, King David’s Soul Went To Paradise In Hell”
Oh, you see what they’re doing here? They say that King David’s soul went to paradise which is in hell.
- And God won’t leave David’s soul in Abraham’s bosom, which is paradise in hell.
- But guess what that Scripture is actually talking about? It’s talking about Jesus Christ.
- King David isn’t THE HOLY ONE. Do you see how they’re TWISTING THE SCRIPTURES?
- King David didn’t go to hell and make it out of hell. King David went to heaven as soon as he died.
- Do you want to see why this is a doctrine of men? Do you want to see where it comes from?
This is just an example from John Gill who so many people use his commentary.
- The so-called great “John Gill” from the 1700’s. An English Baptist theologian, scholar, and pastor.
- He was a Calvinist too. When you get corrupted, you get corrupted. You don’t hear God’s words.
- Here’s what he says in his “GREAT COMMENTARY” that so many people listen to.
- I thought we had the Holy Ghost and the Scriptures to listen to, but nope, we must hear John Gill.
 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, This is an apostrophe, or an address to his Father, who he believed would not leave his soul, as separate from his body, in Hades, in the invisible world of souls, in the place where the souls of departed saints are, but would quickly return it to its body, and reunite them;
- Do you see how he changes the word hell to the Greek word HADES? No, we’re speaking in English.
- HADES is the Greek word for the same place that we call hell. He’s been corrupted.
- He says, “Hades is the invisible world of souls. A place where the souls of departed saints are.”
- So John Gill says that the saved souls of SAINTS go to Hades which is Greek word for hell.
- How corrupted is that? SAVED SOULS GO TO HELL? That’s what he just said.
- And that’s called a doctrine of man. That’s called the Catholic church influence.
- That’s called some idiotic doctrine of man that continues today.
- It’s very easy to disprove that over and over again with SCRIPTURE.
- I have an entire sermon on that called Sheol, Gehenna, Hades, or Hell.
But you have these men teaching that HADES is some place that saints went when they died.
- “Hades is where Abraham’s Bosom is located. Hades is where Jesus went when He died.”
- WHAT??? Yes, Jesus did go to Hades in the Greek which is HELL in the English. I speak English.
- Hades isn’t an English word. Gehenna isn’t an English word. Sheol isn’t an English word.
- BUT HELL IS THE ENGLISH WORD and all those words mean the same place which is HELL.
- Let’s continue in Acts Chapter 2.
 Acts 2:28-29 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance. 29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
 Acts 2:30-31 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; 31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
- That’s AMAZINGLY CLEAR that the soul of Jesus Christ was not left in hell.
- This 100% means that the soul of Jesus Christ went to hell.
- Notice what this doesn’t say. This doesn’t say that his soul was not left in paradise.
- This doesn’t say HADES because HADES isn’t an English word. It’s the underlying GREEK WORD.
Hades isn’t a different place than hell. Hades is Greek for the English word HELL.
- People attempt to take the underlying Hebrew and Greek words and make them different places.
- No, they are the same place called hell. That’s why my King James Bible is perfect.
- It’s not confusing. The translators did the work for me. HADES IS HELL, and it’s not a good place.
- And do you want to see why God is so amazing? Remember, this is Luke Chapter 16.
 Luke 16:22-23 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham’s bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; 23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
- The underlying Greek word for “HELL” in verse 23 right there is HADES.
- These other people say that HADES is a different place than hell.
- They say that Hades is the place where the souls of departed saints are.
- They say that it’s paradise or Abraham’s bosom. Well, the Bible says Hades is hell.
- And HADES is right there in verse 23. The underlying Greek word for hell right there is HADES.
- In the original autographs in GREEK, verse 23 includes the Greek word HADES.
- “And in HADES he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham AFAR off.”
There’s A Gulf Fixed Between Them And It Is Not The Same Place
Abraham isn’t in the same place in HADES. He’s not in HADES. Abraham is a far off. He’s not in the same place.
- HADES is a place of torment, and that’s why the King James Bible calls it hell. They were right. It’s hell.
- It’s not paradise. It’s not a good place. It’s hell. The soul of Jesus Christ was not left in hell.
- The Abraham’s bosom doctrine would say the soul of Jesus was not left in HADES.
 Luke 16:24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
- Look at that. This man was in HADES and he was tormented in this FLAME. Hades has flames.
- It’s not a paradise. It’s a place of torment for all those who haven’t believed on Jesus Christ.
 Luke 16:25-26 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. 26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
- The Abraham’s bosom people say that people can go from Hades to heaven.
- The Catholic false religion says the same thing. “It’s a place for saints to go.”
- Saints are saved people. Saved people are saved by the blood of Jesus Christ.
- So why would they go to hell? Why would they go to a place called HADES?
- Why would they be tormented in flames? These people don’t make any sense at all.
- This is why I love God because HADES is the underlying Greek word within the Scriptures that they use to develop their FALSE DOCTRINE.
- Do you see that?
Abraham says: “There is a great gul fixed so they which would pass from hence to you cannot.”
- “Neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.”
- Dead people in hell can’t go to heaven. Saved people in heaven can’t go to hell.
- That’s what Abraham says. He’s not in the same place as this man being tormented.
- He’s not in a compartment in hell called Abraham’s bosom or paradise in hell.
- That doesn’t make any sense at all. But what I’ve said today actually makes perfect sense.
- Do you know why? Because my doctrine is based on God’s word which is THE TRUTH.
- Let’s continue in Acts Chapter 2.
 Acts 2:31-32 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. 32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
- What is the resurrection of Christ? “He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ.”
- Do you see that? “That His soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.”
- “THIS JESUS HATH GOD RAISED UP, WHEREOF WE ALL ARE WITNESSES.”
- The soul of “THE” Jesus within the Bible went to hell.
- So what Jesus are these other people preaching about? It sure isn’t the same Jesus.
- They say that the soul of Jesus didn’t go to hell. They’re preaching a different Jesus.
- Therefore, I WILL BREAK FELLOWSHIP WITH THEM.
This is what they were preaching. They preached that the soul of Jesus went to hell.
- Not paradise. Not a compartment in hell called paradise. Not Abraham’s bosom.
- If anyone is going to be anyone’s bosom, it would be the bosom of Jesus Christ and not Abraham.
- We’re talking about the REAL JESUS. THIS JESUS went to hell for you and I.
- This fake Jesus that went to Abraham’s bosom doesn’t exist anywhere except in corrupt minds.
 2 Corinthians 11:3-4 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ includes His resurrection from “THE DEAD.”
- They are preaching some other Jesus that I don’t know or recognize.
- The Jesus I know and recognize is the one within the Bible. He’s the real Jesus.
- They don’t want to be preaching another Gospel. Why?
 Galatians 1:6-8 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: 7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
- So, no, I will not fellowship with these people who teach Abraham’s bosom false doctrine.
- I will tell you the truth. If you reject it, I will reject you. I will stay away from you.
- If you want to go and teach it to others too, then LET YOU BE ACCURSED.
- “Well, it’s not something to break fellowship over.” That’s not what God says.
- The resurrection of Jesus Christ includes His soul being raised from the dead.
- It’s not His body alone. It’s His soul too. And it wasn’t from PARADISE. It was raised from hell.
 Matthew 8:11-12 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. 12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
- Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob died and went to heaven. They weren’t sent to HADES or hell.
- They weren’t sent to paradise in hell. That doesn’t make any sense at all.
- The Bible never mentions anything like that. Not once. But it does say they are in the kingdom of heaven.
- “Shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.”
What Happened To People Before Abraham Existed?
Let me ask you this question, if Abraham’s bosom existed, what happened to people that died before Abraham?
- Where did Adam go when he died? Where did Eve go? Abel was the first ever to die. Where did he go?
- Was it called Abram’s bosom before his name was changed to Abraham?
- Where did the people go before Abraham lived? There’s a lot of people before Abraham.
- Seth, Enos, Cainan, Mahalaleel, Jared, and Enoch. What about Enoch? Where did he go?
 Genesis 5:21-24 And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah: 22 And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters: 23 And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years: 24 And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.
- I guess Enoch went somewhere other than heaven because he sure wasn’t perfect.
- There’s no man that doeth good and sinneth not. How would he have went to heaven?
- The blood of Jesus hadn’t been applied according to the Abraham’s bosom believers.
- But it says, “AND ENOCH WALKED WITH GOD.” Where was God? In Abraham’s bosom?
- Did Enoch and God walk around in the chest cavity of Abraham who wasn’t even born yet?
- This Abraham’s bosom doctrine is laughable. God sits in the heavens and LAUGHS at that doctrine.
- You have millions of people born before Abraham was born. They had lots of sons and daughters.
- What about Noah? Where did he go when he died?
Shem, Arphaxad, Salah, Eber, Peleg, Reu, Serug, Nahor, Terah? All in the line of Abraham.
- Where did they go when they died? These people don’t make any sense at all.
- I know where they all went when they died IF they believed on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- They went to the third heaven to be with God, which is paradise.
 2 Corinthians 12:2-4 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven. 3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) 4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.
- First heaven is the sky. Second heaven is where the sun, moon, and stars are located.
- The third heaven is where God lives. This man was caught up to the third heaven.
- This man was caught up into paradise. This is where God lives, and it’s not ABRAHAM’S BOSOM.
- Abraham’s bosom is in heaven because that’s where Abraham is right now.
- And that’s where Abraham went when he died.
 Luke 23:42-43 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. 43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
- That’s the thief on the cross beside Jesus. Jesus tells him, “TO DAY shalt thou be with me IN PARADISE.”
- That’s the day Jesus is dying on the cross.
- This is where Abraham’s bosom false preachers think they have you.
- Jesus died, His body was buried, but where was the soul of Jesus? The spirit/soul is who you are.
- The spirit and the soul is hard to divide. The spirit is the life and the soul is the conscious part of you.
- The body is just a shell. So where was the spirit/soul of Jesus? They will say in paradise, DUH.
- “To day thou shalt be with me in paradise.”
Since Jesus said that, we MUST make up some false doctrine that says Jesus went to paradise which is a compartment in hell called Abraham’s bosom.
- The body of Jesus was buried. His soul went to hell because the Bible clearly says so.
- His spirit is His life, and we know that Jesus was dead so where did His SPIRIT go?
 Ecclesiastes 3:21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?
 Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
- The SPIRIT OF JESUS CHRIST went to heaven or paradise.
- The body of Jesus Christ was buried in the ground.
- The soul of Jesus Christ went to hell.
- Jesus didn’t lie to the thief on the cross next to Him. He didn’t deceive Him AT ALL.
- He would be with Jesus that day in paradise. Jesus was going to die first.
- And then the thief would die after Jesus Christ.
Jesus didn’t say that He would see him in Abraham’s bosom, HADES, or hell. Did He?
- That thief was saved in a moment because he believed on Jesus Christ.
- When that thief died, he went straight to the THIRD HEAVEN or paradise.
- The soul of Jesus went to hell. But why would Jesus say He would be with him in paradise.
- Why? Well, it’s rather simple. We don’t make up some weird doctrine to answer this question.
- What do we do? We use the Bible to answer the question. JESUS IS GOD ALMIGHTY.
 Psalm 139:7-8 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? 8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
- Where are you going to go from the SPIRIT OF JESUS CHRIST? His Spirit is everywhere.
- “If I ascend up into heaven, thou are there. If I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.”
Jesus Could Have Said, “Today, Shalt Thou Be With Me In Hell.”
Jesus could have said to the other man on the other cross that was headed for hell:
- “Today, shalt thou be with me in hell.”
- And He would have been telling the truth to both men on the crosses beside Him.
- Hey, if I ascend up into heaven today, Jesus will be there.
- If an unsaved person descends into hell today, Jesus will be there.
- The answer is simple because Jesus is God.
 Job 34:21-22 For his eyes are upon the ways of man, and he seeth all his goings. 22 There is no darkness, nor shadow of death, where the workers of iniquity may hide themselves.
 2 Chronicles 6:18 But will God in very deed dwell with men on the earth? behold, heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house which I have built!
- The heavens can’t contain God. HELL CAN’T CONTAIN GOD. Jesus Christ is God. Understand that.
- NOTHING CAN CONTAIN HIM. “Oh, well He only lives in the heavens.” Oh no He doesn’t just live there.
 Job 11:8-10 It is as high as heaven; what canst thou do? deeper than hell; what canst thou know? 9 The measure thereof is longer than the earth, and broader than the sea. 10 If he cut off, and shut up, or gather together, then who can hinder him?
- God is higher than the heavens. God is deeper than hell. He’s everywhere.
- But yet we try to hinder Him by creating the false doctrine of men called Abraham’s bosom?
- We make up fairy tales and lying words because we don’t think it’s possible that Jesus could be in heaven and hell at the same time.
- God doesn’t have the issues. We have the issues. His word doesn’t have problems. We do.
 Amos 9:2 Though they dig into hell, thence shall mine hand take them; though they climb up to heaven, thence will I bring them down:
 Ephesians 4:8-10 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. 9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? 10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)
- God fills the heavens and the earth.
 Jeremiah 23:24 Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD.
 Proverbs 15:3 The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.
- God is everywhere. That’s the answer to Jesus saying: “Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.”
- And with said, that takes us to Jonah trying to hide from God.
 Jonah 1:1-2 Now the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the son of Amittai, saying, 2 Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and cry against it; for their wickedness is come up before me.
- God commands Jonah to go to Nineveh and preach to them. Tell them to change, Jonah.
 Jonah 1:3 But Jonah rose up to flee unto Tarshish from the presence of the LORD, and went down to Joppa; and he found a ship going to Tarshish: so he paid the fare thereof, and went down into it, to go with them unto Tarshish from the presence of the LORD.
- Jonah says, “No, I’m not going to Nineveh to preach like God commanded me. I’m going to run from God.”
- He wanted to flee from the presence of the Lord. We all know how that turned out.
- The soul of Jesus went to hell, but that doesn’t mean He wasn’t there in heaven with the thief that day.
- You can’t flee from the presence of the Lord. So we know how this turned out for Jonah.
 Jonah 1:17 Now the LORD had prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonah. And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.
 Matthew 12:38-40 Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee. 39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: 40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
- Jonah was in the belly of the fish for three days and three nights. That was a sign.
- “For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly, so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.”
- Jonah wasn’t in paradise in the belly of the fish. He wasn’t having a good time in there.
- The center of the earth is the location of hell. The center of the earth is the lowest parts of the earth.
 Psalm 63:7-9 Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice. 8 My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me. 9 But those that seek my soul, to destroy it, shall go into the lower parts of the earth.
 Jonah 2:6 I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O LORD my God.
- That’s prophecy of Jesus Christ being in hell 3 days and 3 nights.
- Never is hell mentioned as being a good place or containing paradise within it.
- The soul of Jesus Christ went to hell NOT PARADISE for 3 days and 3 nights.
 Psalm 86:13 For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.
- Who do you really think that’s talking about there?
- The soul of Jesus Christ went to hell and God delivered Himself from it.
 Psalm 116:3 The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow.
 Psalm 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
- There is no doubt that the soul of Jesus Christ went to hell.
- I will teach this, and I will reprove and rebuke when someone teaches the opposite.
- When they don’t want to hear it, I will reject them and I will break fellowship with them.
- This is a very important doctrine, and the seminary graduates will stick together.
- They will trust their great theologian over the GREATEST OF ALL WHO IS GOD.
- And let’s close this out with one final truth of why the soul of Jesus Christ went to hell.
 Isaiah 53:10-11 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand. 11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
- How in the world can you have faith in God’s word, read that, and tell me the soul of Jesus Christ went to paradise in hell?
- He made His soul an offering for sin. Without that offering for sin IN HELL, we couldn’t be saved.
- “He hath put Him to grief. He shall see the travail of His soul and shall be satisfied.”
- “For he shall bear their iniquities.”
- Yes, Jesus took all of my iniquities onto Himself and went to hell in my place. I deserved to go there.
 2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
 Ephesians 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.
- Yes, the burning smell of His offering was a sweetsmelling savour to God. He saved us all.
- And gave Himself up to do that for us. The penalty of sin is death and hell.
- He took that penalty for us when He died on the cross and His soul went to hell for 3 days and 3 nights.
Where Did The Thief On The Cross Go If It Was Finished?
One last point I want to make to all the false preachers out there who say Jesus and the thief went to a compartment in hell called paradise.
- You have to really stop sometimes and think about what these people are saying.
- They will argue with you and say that the soul of Jesus going to hell wasn’t required to save us from our sins.
- They say that the blood of Jesus Christ is all that is required to save us from our sin.
- So, listen to this today. They always want to point to the fact that Jesus cried out “IT IS FINISHED.”
- They say: “SEE, IT IS FINISHED. The offering for all sins was complete and it was finished right then.”
They will tell you that people had to go to Abraham’s bosom because the sacrifice wasn’t yet finished.
- They couldn’t go to heaven until the blood was applied and the sacrifice was finished. IT IS FINISHED.
- Jesus Christ said, “It is finished and then He died on the cross.” He died before that thief died.
- They had to break the bones of that thief so he would die. Jesus died quickly. He was first before the thief.
So, if the sacrifice for all sins was complete and it really was “FINISHED” then the thief would have went to heaven.
- Why would the thief go to Abraham’s bosom? IT WAS FINISHED before that thief died.
- But they’ll say, “But Jesus had to go preach to the people in Abraham’s bosom.”
- And I say, “But I thought it was finished? Now it’s not just the blood but He has to go preach too?”
- So that means, according to their so-called logic, that the thief went to heaven.
- But where did Jesus go they say? They say he went to some made up compartment in hell called paradise.
- So now the thief is in heaven and Jesus is in paradise in hell according to them.
- So, again, their doctrine is weird.
As you can see, you can find Scripture throughout the Bible that proves this doctrine wrong.
- It’s very simple. Jesus died on the cross. His body was buried. His soul went to hell.
- His resurrection includes His body being raised from the dead and His soul being raised from the dead.
- When all people from all ages and times have died, they either go directly to heaven or directly to hell.
- There is no holding place. There is no Abraham’s bosom compartment in hell.
- If you believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, you go to heaven. Don’t and you go to hell. It’s that simple.
- And you must make that choice of believing before you take your last breath, or it’s hell.
- And you won’t be able to get out of hell just like Abraham told us.