- Sermon Slides for Sermon The Broken Body Of Jesus Christ: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon The Broken Body Of Jesus Christ: PDF
- Audio MP3 for Sermon The Broken Body Of Jesus Christ: Audio
- Video MP4 for Sermon The Broken Body Of Jesus Christ: Video
 The title of the sermon: “THE BROKEN BODY OF JESUS CHRIST.”
The Doctrine Of The Broken Body Of Jesus Christ Is Highly Important
- Today, we’re going to spend some time going much deeper into this subject.
- We talk about the broken body of Jesus Christ when we partake in the Lord’s Supper.
- But let’s take a very close look at the broken body of Jesus Christ today.
 1 Corinthians 11:23-24 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: 24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
- “Take, eat: This is my body, which is BROKEN FOR YOU.”
 1 Corinthians 11:25-26 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. 26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord’s death till he come.
- The bread represents the broken body of Jesus Christ.
- The wine represents the new testament in HIS BLOOD.
- When you partake of this bread and drink of His cup, you show the Lord’s broken body and His death.
 1 Corinthians 10:16-17 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? 17 For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread.
- The bread which we BREAK, it is the communion of the body of Christ.
- The wine is the communion of the blood of Jesus Christ.
- We are ONE BREAD and ONE BODY and that body is Jesus Christ. His body was broken for us.
- And we have all chosen to partake of that one bread, which is His broken body.
- We accept His broken body as He is OUR SAVIOR. No one else is our Savior.
 1 Corinthians 10:1-4 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; 2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; 3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat; 4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
- “And did all eat the same spiritual meat.” And that spiritual meat is the body of Jesus Christ.
- The blood of Jesus Christ is that spiritual drink. Notice that these are spiritual things.
- This is not physically eating the flesh of Jesus Christ and drinking His blood. That’s insane.
- This is talking about spiritual things.
- We do these physical things like breaking bread and drinking new wine as pictures of spiritual things.
 John 6:53-55 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. 54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
 John 6:56-58 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. 57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. 58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
- These are very difficult Scriptures to understand IF you think of the physical world.
- But they are very easy to understand IF you are spiritual.
- You must partake of the broken body of Jesus Christ and His spilled blood to be saved.
This is why we have the Lord’s Supper. We are to remember HIS SACRIFICE. He is the sacrifice.
- We are not the sacrifice for sins. Our works are not the sacrifice for sins.
- Our works have nothing to do with salvation. NOTHING.
- You don’t have to prove you’re saved through works.
- You don’t have to be worried that you’re not actually saved because you aren’t doing all the works some church wants you to do.
- Why? Because you aren’t the Savior. You aren’t the sacrifice for sins. Jesus Christ is “THE” sacrifice.
- That’s why Jesus Christ wants us to remember that His broken body and His spilled blood saves us.
Jesus tells us that HE is the BREAD which came down from heaven.
- The manna in the wilderness was a picture of Jesus Christ coming down from heaven to save them.
- You have all these images, like figures, and pictures of the real thing.
- Jesus Christ is the real thing. He is the ONE who can save you.
- When they were hungry, God gave them manna.
- They were physically hungry. The manna was physical food that saved them in the wilderness.
The Body Of Jesus Christ Is That Bread That Can Save You Eternally
They ate of that bread which came down from heaven. Some ate it and yet they still died.
- Why? Because that manna was only a picture of the LIVING BREAD from heaven.
- Eating manna won’t save you but eating of the body of Jesus Christ, spiritually, will save you.
- The broken body of Jesus Christ is that bread that can save you. He is the sacrifice for all sins.
So, I want to go into the deep things of God today with this sermon.
- We all understand that the broken body of Jesus Christ is the sacrifice that we need to save us.
- We all understand that the spilled blood of Jesus Christ forgives us of our sins.
- But let’s look closer and closer at the broken body of Jesus Christ.
 1 Corinthians 2:10-11 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
- We can’t know the deep things of God without His Spirit leading us. Man can’t understand spiritual things.
- And we can’t be Spiritual without the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
- So, we ask the Holy Spirit to teach us all of these things today and open our eyes today.
- We ask that the Holy Spirit takes us into the deep things of God today. We want to learn more and more.
- Where would we start if we want to know more about the broken body of Jesus Christ?
- We should go to the Scriptures that show when His body is broken for us. Let’s go to Matthew Chapter 27.
 Matthew 27:26-28 Then released he Barabbas unto them: and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered him to be crucified. 27 Then the soldiers of the governor took Jesus into the common hall, and gathered unto him the whole band of soldiers. 28 And they stripped him, and put on him a scarlet robe.
 Matthew 27:29-31 And when they had platted a crown of thorns, they put it upon his head, and a reed in his right hand: and they bowed the knee before him, and mocked him, saying, Hail, King of the Jews! 30 And they spit upon him, and took the reed, and smote him on the head. 31 And after that they had mocked him, they took the robe off from him, and put his own raiment on him, and led him away to crucify him.
 Matthew 27:32-34 And as they came out, they found a man of Cyrene, Simon by name: him they compelled to bear his cross. 33 And when they were come unto a place called Golgotha, that is to say, a place of a skull, 34 They gave him vinegar to drink mingled with gall: and when he had tasted thereof, he would not drink.
 Matthew 27:35-37 And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots. 36 And sitting down they watched him there; 37 And set up over his head his accusation written, THIS IS JESUS THE KING OF THE JEWS.
 Matthew 27:38-40 Then were there two thieves crucified with him, one on the right hand, and another on the left. 39 And they that passed by reviled him, wagging their heads, 40 And saying, Thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days, save thyself. If thou be the Son of God, come down from the cross.
 Matthew 27:41-43 Likewise also the chief priests mocking him, with the scribes and elders, said, 42 He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him. 43 He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will have him: for he said, I am the Son of God.
 Matthew 27:44-46 The thieves also, which were crucified with him, cast the same in his teeth. 45 Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour. 46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
 Matthew 27:47-49 Some of them that stood there, when they heard that, said, This man calleth for Elias. 48 And straightway one of them ran, and took a spunge, and filled it with vinegar, and put it on a reed, and gave him to drink. 49 The rest said, Let be, let us see whether Elias will come to save him.
 Matthew 27:50-53 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. 51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; 52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.
 Matthew 27:54 Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.
- Because that just happened, you can have eternal life by believing on Jesus Christ.
- I want you to notice something from these Scriptures. And this is very important to understand.
- Remember that we know God gives us pictures of things throughout the Bible to help us understand.
- He gives us pictures or like images of physical things so we can understand spiritual things.
- I want to show you a Scripture that we just read and slow down and look a little closer.
- Remember, we’re talking about the broken body of Jesus Christ today.
 Matthew 27:50-51 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. 51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
- When Jesus died right there, what happened? He gave up the ghost or the life within His body.
- His body was broken and died right there. What happened at the exact same time?
- We see an earthquake. We see the rocks rent or break and separate.
- We see the VEIL OF THE TEMPLE being rent or ripping into two pieces from the top to the bottom.
- And that’s what I want you to see today. Rocks breaking. The veil of the temple breaking.
- These are pictures of the broken body of Jesus Christ.
- And how do I know that the veil of the temple represents the body of Jesus Christ?
- Pay close attention to these Scriptures in Hebrews Chapter 10.
 Hebrews 10:19-22 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, 20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; 21 And having an high priest over the house of God; 22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
- Did you notice what verse 20 says? “By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us.”
- “THROUGH THE VEIL, that is to say, HIS FLESH.” The body of Jesus Christ is represented by this veil.
- Remember, the veil of the temple was rent in twain or two when His body was broken and He died for us.
- “The veil of the temple” represents His flesh. Hebrews Chapter 10 says so.
- Don’t just skip over all the Scriptures in the Old Testament about the veil of the temple.
 Exodus 26:31-32 And thou shalt make a vail of blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen of cunning work: with cherubims shall it be made: 32 And thou shalt hang it upon four pillars of shittim wood overlaid with gold: their hooks shall be of gold, upon the four sockets of silver.
- Notice that is a vail of blue, purple, and scarlet. The body of Jesus was beaten and bruised.
- BLUE AND PURPLE. When His blood spilled out, it was scarlet. His body was bleeding.
- There’s the scarlet color. These are all pictures or like figures pointing to the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.
- But that’s not all. Please pay attention as we continue in Exodus Chapter 26.
 Exodus 26:33-34 And thou shalt hang up the vail under the taches, that thou mayest bring in thither within the vail the ark of the testimony: and the vail shall divide unto you between the holy place and the most holy. 34 And thou shalt put the mercy seat upon the ark of the testimony in the most holy place.
- All of this means something. It’s not written without reason.
- “The vail shall divide unto you between the holy place and the most holy.”
- And remember that the body of Jesus Christ is represented by the vail of the temple.
 Exodus 26:35 And thou shalt set the table without the vail, and the candlestick over against the table on the side of the tabernacle toward the south: and thou shalt put the table on the north side.
- So, you have the holy place which is not hidden by the vail or the body of Jesus Christ.
- You can’t get to the most holy place without going through the vail which is the body of Jesus Christ.
- When His body was broken for you and I, He broke down that vail going to the most Holy place.
- He ripped into two pieces, which also mean something. Every word of God is pure.
- Every word of God is not wasted. Every word of God is amazing.
- We ask God to show us all these things.
The Veil Within The Temple Wouldn’t Be Broken
If the body of Jesus Christ wasn’t broken, the vail into the most holy place wouldn’t be broken.
- Do you see the importance of the broken body of Jesus Christ?
- When we break the bread during the Lord’s Supper, you should understand that His broken body now allows us access to the most Holy.
- His broken body ripped down this vail or partition int the most Holy place.
- The holy things of God such as God’s word is available to all people.
- But they can’t enter into the most Holy place without going through Jesus Christ.
- Salvation is ONLY through JESUS CHRIST ALONE. His broken body is that vail.
 Exodus 40:20-22 And he took and put the testimony into the ark, and set the staves on the ark, and put the mercy seat above upon the ark: 21 And he brought the ark into the tabernacle, and set up the vail of the covering, and covered the ark of the testimony; as the LORD commanded Moses. 22 And he put the table in the tent of the congregation, upon the side of the tabernacle northward, without the vail.
- The ark wasn’t to be looked upon. If they looked upon it, they would die.
- The ark of the covenant is the most holy place. Who do you think that represented?
- GOD THE FATHER is in the most holy place and you can’t look at Him or you will die.
- That’s why 50,070 people died that day they looked upon the ark.
- You must go through Jesus Christ to get to God the Father in the most holy place.
- When the body of Jesus Christ was broken, we can now access God the Father through Jesus Christ.
 Leviticus 16:1-2 And the LORD spake unto Moses after the death of the two sons of Aaron, when they offered before the LORD, and died; 2 And the LORD said unto Moses, Speak unto Aaron thy brother, that he come not at all times into the holy place within the vail before the mercy seat, which is upon the ark; that he die not: for I will appear in the cloud upon the mercy seat.
- I hope you’re starting to see what all these Scriptures mean.
- Only certain people could enter into the most holy place and that was after they were clean.
- Watch this and please understand what these Scriptures mean.
 Leviticus 16:11-12 And Aaron shall bring the bullock of the sin offering, which is for himself, and shall make an atonement for himself, and for his house, and shall kill the bullock of the sin offering which is for himself: 12 And he shall take a censer full of burning coals of fire from off the altar before the LORD, and his hands full of sweet incense beaten small, and bring it within the vail:
 Leviticus 16:13-14 And he shall put the incense upon the fire before the LORD, that the cloud of the incense may cover the mercy seat that is upon the testimony, that he die not: 14 And he shall take of the blood of the bullock, and sprinkle it with his finger upon the mercy seat eastward; and before the mercy seat shall he sprinkle of the blood with his finger seven times.
- They had to follow these rules to get to the most holy place.
 Leviticus 16:15 Then shall he kill the goat of the sin offering, that is for the people, and bring his blood within the vail, and do with that blood as he did with the blood of the bullock, and sprinkle it upon the mercy seat, and before the mercy seat:
 Leviticus 16:16 And he shall make an atonement for the holy place, because of the uncleanness of the children of Israel, and because of their transgressions in all their sins: and so shall he do for the tabernacle of the congregation, that remaineth among them in the midst of their uncleanness.
- This is the only way they could have God with them and in their presence.
- These were all pictures of things to come. God is showing us spiritual things through physical things.
- He gives us all these examples so we can better understand heaven and how He works.
 Leviticus 21:21-22 No man that hath a blemish of the seed of Aaron the priest shall come nigh to offer the offerings of the LORD made by fire: he hath a blemish; he shall not come nigh to offer the bread of his God. 22 He shall eat the bread of his God, both of the most holy, and of the holy.
 Leviticus 21:23 Only he shall not go in unto the vail, nor come nigh unto the altar, because he hath a blemish; that he profane not my sanctuaries: for I the LORD do sanctify them.
- The priest with a blemish could not enter into the most holy place. There cannot be any blemish.
- There cannot be any sin at all with God the Father.
- This is why He comes down to dwell with us in the new heaven and earth after all things are made new.
- Once everyone is in a new, glorified, sinless, and eternal body, THEN God the Father dwells with us.
- He’s using physical things to explain spiritual things.
But you get these people who are ignorant of the Bible talking bad about God for Scriptures like this.
- “Oh, so if someone has a blemish, they can’t be a priest for God?”
- “I don’t want anything to do with God if He’s a God like that.”
- That’s how people talk about God, and they have no clue at all.
 John 3:10-12 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things? 11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness. 12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
- He’s simply using physical things to explain the spiritual things.
- God does this over and over again within the Bible and tells us these things over and over again.
- “If I have told you of earthly thing and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?”
- People will take the HIGHLY SPIRITUAL WORD OF GOD, and misunderstand it because they think of earthly things.
 2 Chronicles 3:14 And he made the vail of blue, and purple, and crimson, and fine linen, and wrought cherubims thereon.
- The vail was always made of BLUE, PURPLE, and CRIMSON. And it’s always fine linen.
- The body of Jesus Christ was perfect. He never sinned in His flesh as we do. Fine linen is a perfect body.
- When you read books of prophecy, such as the Book of Isaiah, you’ll see Scriptures like this.
 Isaiah 25:6-7 And in this mountain shall the LORD of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined. 7 And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations.
- Notice that you see the COVERING CAST OVER ALL PEOPLE and the vail that is spread over all nations.
- You should be able now to understand these Scriptures a little better.
 Isaiah 25:8-9 He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it. 9 And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.
- Jesus Christ is that VEIL that was broken for us so that we can have salvation.
- Tis is what the broken body of Jesus Christ did for us.
- Once you believe on Jesus Christ, you can begin to understand all these Scriptures.
- When you read and study the Bible, God will teach you all these things. He is amazing.
- Every word of God is absolutely amazing.
 Mark 15:37-39 And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost. 38 And the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom. 39 And when the centurion, which stood over against him, saw that he so cried out, and gave up the ghost, he said, Truly this man was the Son of God.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God and His body is the vail within the temple.
- HE BREAKS THAT VAIL INTO TWO PIECES FOR US. His body is broken for us.
- Without that, we can’t be saved. We can’t enter into heaven without the broken body of Jesus Christ.
 Luke 23:45-47 And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst. 46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost. 47 Now when the centurion saw what was done, he glorified God, saying, Certainly this was a righteous man.
- The Son of God is the only one who can represent that vail within the temple of God.
- Your works can’t do this for you. Your works aren’t the sacrifice for sins.
- Your works can’t remove this partition between you and God. BUT JESUS CAN. He’s the only one.
- Do you see why the broken body of Jesus Christ is so important for salvation?
- He’s giving us a way into the most holy place.
His Broken Body Means Our Flesh Can Be Taken Out Of The Equation For Salvation
His perfect flesh and His perfect body being broken allows OUR FLESH to be taken out of the way.
- In our flesh, we will never make it to heaven. He breaks that problem for us with His flesh.
- His flesh is the sacrifice for our flesh. UNDERSTAND THIS. He gives us a way around our fleshly sins.
- He takes away all of our sins in the flesh so they are not counted to our souls.
Some people can’t get around the talk of circumcision in the Bible.
- What is circumcision? It’s the removing of flesh. It’s to get the flesh out of the way.
- But people always want to think about the physical and not the spiritual within the Bible.
- When you get the flesh out of the way, you can be saved.
- And Jesus did this for us. HE IS OUR CIRCUMCISION. He removes our flesh from the equation.
- He allows us to be forgiven of all those sins in our flesh.
- Listen closely to Ephesians Chapter 2 here, and you will understand this Scripture much better.
 Ephesians 2:11-12 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; 12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
 Ephesians 2:13-14 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. 14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
- You have the old covenant and the new covenant.
- JESUS hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us.
- He has broken down that vail between us. He has made us all one in Christ Jesus.
- Jews and Gentiles who believe on Jesus Christ are all made one in the same body of Jesus Christ.
- I hope you see how amazing the Scriptures are and how important it is to understand the broken body of Jesus Christ.
 Ephesians 2:15-16 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; 16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
- Jesus Christ brings all believers together from old and from new. We’re all one in Christ Jesus.
- He abolished that ENMITY in HIS FLESH. That vail was rent in twain or two.
- Old covenant and new covenant. “For to make in himself one new man, so making peace.”
- “And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross.” That’s where His body was broken.
 Ephesians 2:17-19 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. 18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. 19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
- Because of Him, there is peace to those afar off and to them that were near. He reconciles all of us.
- ‘FOR THROUGH HIM, we both have access by ONE SPIRIT unto the Father.”
- For through Him. Think of that veil into the most holy place. For through that veil, we both have access.
- Jews and Gentiles both have access through Jesus Christ and through the broken body of Jesus Christ.
- Jews must accept Jesus Christ as SAVIOR OF THE WORLD to enter through that veil.
- The sacrifices of animals will not do it for you because Jesus is the Lamb of God.
- He is the one who forgives sin. He is the one we must go through.
- They couldn’t get to the most holy place without going through the vail. Do you see this?
 Ephesians 2:20-22 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; 21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
- We are built upon JESUS CHRIST who is the CHIEF CORNER STONE. There is no other chief corner stone.
- When we believe on Jesus Christ, we are made a part of this spiritual building.
- It’s not a physical building. God simply used the physical building to show us spiritual things.
- He used the physical animal sacrifices to show us spiritual things.
- They were all like figures of things to come.
 Hebrews 10:1-2 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. 2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.
 Hebrews 10:3-6 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. 4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. 5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: 6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
- The animal sacrifices did not forgive sin. They didn’t make God happy.
- They were simply a picture of great things to come for us.
- They were a picture of the Lamb of God being sacrificed for our sins.
- God wasn’t pleased with the animal sacrifices, but He was pleased when Jesus gave Himself for us.
 Isaiah 53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
- God was pleased with the sacrifice of Jesus Christ for our sins. NOTHING ELSE COULD PLEASE HIM.
- Nothing else could be the sacrifice for our sins. Jesus is the only one.
- That’s why it’s sickening to think that your baptism will save you.
- It’s sickening to think that works will save you. It’s nasty to believe that going to church will save you.
- You might as well ask Jesus to show up so you can spit in His face and slap Him and beat Him.
- JESUS CHRIST is the sacrifice for our sins. HIS BODY WAS BROKEN for you.
 Isaiah 53:11-12 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. 12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.
- God could not be satisfied unless the body of Jesus Christ was broken for us.
- He was not going to be satisfied unless the soul of Jesus Christ became a burnt offering for our sins.
- HE SHALL BEAR THEIR INIQUITIES. He took all of our iniquities onto Himself. ALL OF THEM.
- You didn’t take your sins onto yourself and become a sacrifice through all your great works.
- Didn’t happen, can’t happen, won’t happen. EVER.
- Jesus has poured out His soul unto death. His body was broken so you can be saved.
- His soul went to hell so you can be saved. Without faith, it is impossible to please God.
JESUS IS FAITH so He always pleases God. And His offering of Himself pleased God for eternity.
- There is nothing else needed. Don’t add anything else to the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.
- Do you really think there’s something else required for you to be saved?
- Is the Almighty Son of God not good enough for you? REALLY??? The eternal God isn’t enough?
- You simply put your trust in Him, and He is everything you need to be saved.
Nothing Else Will Save You But Jesus Christ
The blood of animals won’t save you. Physical circumcision won’t save you.
- Water baptism won’t save you. WAKE UP!!! They are all pictures that point to Jesus Christ.
- Water baptism is a picture of the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- The veil of the temple points to Jesus Christ. The shewbread points to Jesus Christ.
- The manna from heaven points to Jesus Christ. OPEN YOUR EYES and see all these things.
 Hebrews 9:1-3 Then verily the first covenant had also ordinances of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary. 2 For there was a tabernacle made; the first, wherein was the candlestick, and the table, and the shewbread; which is called the sanctuary. 3 And after the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the Holiest of all;
- There was a WORLDLY sanctuary that was built with hands. It’s not the actual heavenly sanctuary.
- THE MOST HOLY PLACE was after that second veil within the temple.
- The body of Jesus Christ is that second veil.
 Hebrews 9:4-5 Which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron’s rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant; 5 And over it the cherubims of glory shadowing the mercyseat; of which we cannot now speak particularly.
 Hebrews 9:6-7 Now when these things were thus ordained, the priests went always into the first tabernacle, accomplishing the service of God. 7 But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people:
- Again, these are all pictures of JESUS CHRIST. Jesus is “THE HIGH PRIEST.”
 Hebrews 9:8-9 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing: 9 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;
- Notice that the Bible tells us that this was all just a FIGURE for the time then present.
 Hebrews 9:10-11 Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation. 11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
- Jesus Christ is the HIGH PRIEST that intervenes for us. His body was broken so that we can be saved.
- His body is broken so we have access to “THE MOST HIGH.”
- When Jesus Christ dies, the old covenant is over. The new covenant is now in effect.
- When the body of Jesus Christ is broken, the old covenant is no longer valid and the new covenant is here.
 Hebrews 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
- Jesus Christ is the HIGH PRIEST that entered into the holy place because He is perfect and without sin.
- He has no blemish. He obtained eternal redemption for us. NOT US. HE DID IT.
- His body was broken for us. His blood spilled out for us.
 Hebrews 9:13-14 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: 14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
- Do you not think the BLOOD OF CHRIST who offered His eternal SELF without spot to God is enough?
- For example, the Catholic false religion doesn’t think Jesus Christ is enough.
- The Calvinists don’t think Jesus Christ is enough. They think you have to prove yourself through works.
- The Church of Christ doesn’t believe that Jesus is enough. They think you must work your way to heaven.
Is The Sacrifice Jesus Made Enough To Save You Or Not???
The Southern Baptists don’t believe Jesus is enough.
- They believe you must continue to be sanctified through your own works.
- They won’t say it in that way but that’s what they’re teaching.
- The Pentecostals don’t think Jesus is enough. “You must speak in tongues to be saved.”
- That’s what they think.
- Arminianism doesn’t believe Jesus is enough. They don’t believe Jesus can keep salvation.
- Now, please listen to these next Scriptures in Hebrews Chapter 9.
 Hebrews 9:15-16 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. 16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
- No one could keep the old covenant. It was broken by all. The law is broken by all people.
- When the body of Jesus was broken and dead, the old covenant was no longer in effect.
- Jesus broke down that wall for us that we couldn’t keep. We are not under the law.
- If anyone was under the law, they wouldn’t be in heaven. He broke down that wall for all people.
- The old covenant ended when Jesus died and His body was broken. The veil was turn into two pieces.
- The old covenant and the new covenant is covered by the blood of Jesus Christ.
 Hebrews 9:17-18 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth. 18 Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.
- The New Testament doesn’t start until the broken body of Jesus Christ and His death.
- Do you see the importance of understanding the broken body of Jesus Christ?
 Hebrews 9:19-20 For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people, 20 Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you.
 Hebrews 9:21-22 Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry. 22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
- Without the blood of Jesus Christ, there is no remission of sins.
- If His body wasn’t broken and blood didn’t pour out, we couldn’t be forgiven of our sins.
- We’ve all broken the laws of God meaning we are all sinners. Without Jesus, we can’t be forgiven.
 Hebrews 9:23-24 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:
- The Bible tells us that all of those things in the Old Testament were patterns of things in heaven.
- Jesus Christ didn’t enter into the holy places made with hands. He went into heaven itself.
- He now appears in the presence of GOD for us. Without Him, we can’t enter into God’s presence.
- But Jesus Christ goes to His Father for us and stands there for us.
- If He doesn’t stand there for us, we have no chance.
- This is why you should love Jesus Christ and thank Him.
 Hebrews 9:25-26 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others; 26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
- Thank God that the sacrifice for sins is complete.
 Hebrews 9:27-28 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: 28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.
- Jesus is the eternal God and was offered once to bear the sins of many. He took our place in hell.
- He took our punishment for us. He took that judgement for us. Now, we can appear without sin.
- Jesus Christ ripped that veil away. His broken body ripped that veil away.
- He broke the veil into pieces when His body was broken and died on that cross.
- The body of Jesus Christ is that veil. He stands in between us and God Almighty just like that veil did.
- But now, since He is the mediator and our Savior, we can be Holy and enter into the most Holy place.
 Hebrews 6:18-20 That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: 19 Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; 20 Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
- With Jesus Christ, we don’t have to be perfect because HE IS PERFECT. He enters into the most holy for us.
- He’s the only one that can do that for us. Do you see why it’s silly to think that your works can save you?
- The work of Jesus Christ is what saves us. NOT OUR WORKS. His body was broken.
- If our body was broken, it means nothing because we aren’t perfect and without sin.
- Just like the circumcision of the flesh, Jesus removed the fleshly part so that we can be saved.
- Jesus Christ is the door. He is the way, the truth, the life.
 Ephesians 3:11-12 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: 12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.
- We have access now with confidence BY THE FAITH OF HIM. I know I can access God because of Jesus.
- I have a straight path of communication to God all because of Jesus Christ.
 Romans 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
 1 John 2:1-2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
- We can only access the Father through Jesus Christ. To activate that access, we must believe on Jesus.
- We must believe that His body was broken for us and that His blood spilled out for us.
- We must believe that His sacrifice is 100% enough to save us. We must put our faith in Him.
- I now hope Scriptures about the broken body of Jesus Christ, the veil, and the temple make sense now.
- Jesus hath broken down the middle wall of partition so that all people have access through faith alone.
- Jesus Christ is THE TEMPLE. He is THE HIGH PRIEST. He is “THE” Savior of the world.
- We thank God for the broken body of Jesus Christ, and we ask forgiveness because we’re the ones who broke His body.