- Sermon Slides for Sermon The Devils Also Believe: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon The Devils Also Believe: PDF
- Audio MP3 for Sermon The Devils Also Believe: Audio
- Video MP4 for Sermon The Devils Also Believe: Video
 The title of the sermon: “THE DEVILS ALSO BELIEVE.”
The Book Of James Is Written To Saved Believers
- In the Book of James, we see a book that is written to saved believers.
- James is a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ. This means James serves God.
- James is a prophet of God. James works hard for God and does good works.
- In the Book of James, he is writing to his brethren. He calls them his beloved brethren.
- He says this in James Chapter 1.
 James 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
- He says, “BEGAT HE US WITH THE WORD OF TRUTH.” This means he is talking to saved believers.
- James isn’t writing this to get people saved as John does in the Gospel of John.
- You need to see this difference. James is writing to already saved people who have everlasting life.
 James 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
- He says, “Receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.”
- Receiving the word of God is able to save your souls on its own. You need nothing else.
- Is that not what James says right there? He says, “Lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness.”
- In other words, don’t listen to all these others who are adding all these other things to God’s word.
- You don’t need all of this filthy excess of lies added to God’s word. His words are perfect.
- His words are able to save your souls. All you have to do is receive His words. Hear them. Believe them.
- Receive them. And this alone is able to save your souls.
 James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
- He’s saying to not just hear the words but to do what those words say. Don’t just hear them.
- If you only hear them, understand them, but don’t do what they say, this won’t save you.
- He’s telling you to not deceive yourselves by only hearing the words. You must do them.
- And which words MUST you do in order to be saved? The whole Bible teaches us what we must do.
- And to be saved, it’s not a work that you must do. What must you to do to be saved?
 Acts 16:30-31 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? 31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
- To be saved, you must be a doer of these words right here.
- You can’t just hear them and understand them. You must do what they say to be saved.
- And what must you do to be saved? You MUST believe “ON” the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved.
- You can preach this true Gospel to people, and they can hear and understand what you’re saying.
- But if they don’t actually put all their trust “ON” Jesus Christ, which is believing on Him, they aren’t saved.
- They must do what those words say right there. If not, they won’t make it to heaven.
 Hebrews 6:4-6 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
- So many false preachers attempt to use this Scripture to say that falling away causes you to lose salvation.
- We know that you can’t lose salvation because that doesn’t make any sense at all.
- Once you believe on Jesus Christ, you’re saved. It’s a new birth. It’s past tense. Salvation is everlasting.
- Salvation doesn’t end once you have it. And you have it once you believe on Jesus Christ.
- I went over 100+ Scriptures in the “Easy Believism” sermon telling us how to be saved.
- In the “Faith Alone Saves” sermons, 2 of them, I went over hundreds of more Scriptures that tell us faith saves.
The first little drop of faith saves you. God says so. Jesus Christ, the author of salvation, says so.
- He speaks only truth. Every word of God is true. You would have to take all His words and twist them.
- You would have to call hundreds upon hundreds of Scriptures a lie.
- The entire Bible preaches against a works based salvation. God says, “You can’t do it, but I can.”
- “You can’t earn your way to heaven. You can’t earn the gift of eternal life.”
- “But you can trust in me and my works, and I will save you. You can’t add your works to salvation.”
These people in Hebrews Chapter 6 that you see right there are the people who hear and understand the Gospel.
- They understand what you’re preaching to them. They understand what you’re saying. They hear you.
- They understand that Jesus Christ says, “He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.”
- The light bulb goes off in their head. They are enlightened. They understand the truth.
- They know that once they believe on Jesus that they receive everlasting life that never ends.
- They have tasted of the heavenly gift. They know they could receive everlasting life right now.
The Holy Ghost is there with them helping them to understand the truth.
- The Holy Ghost comes to all of these unsaved people to show them the truth through God’s words.
- They are partakers of the Holy Ghost. They are hearing and understanding His words.
- They have tasted of the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come.
- They are THIS CLOSE to repentance, which is a change of mind because they now understand.
- They are about to change their mind and believe ON the Lord Jesus Christ ALONE to save them.
- God has drawn them so close to being saved. You must have God there drawing you in.
- That’s the only way anyone is saved.
- If you’re saved right now, it’s because the Holy Ghost drew you to Him and you believed on God.
So again, these people in Hebrews Chapter 6 were so close.
- But they fell away and wouldn’t believe at that moment. They were right there at the door.
- They were almost saved. But they fell back and wouldn’t believe.
- They were hearers of the word, but they weren’t doers of the word. They wouldn’t believe.
- They fall away. That’s their last chance to be saved. God says, “I’m not coming back to you again.”
- “If they shall fall away, it is impossible to renew them again UNTO repentance.”
- They crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put Him to an open shame.”
God is done with them now. They are now rejected. That was their last chance to be saved.
- God says, “I will love them no more.” They are now reprobate or rejected.
- He’s given them plenty of chances and now their chances are over.
- Again, they heard but they wouldn’t do. “Be ye doers of the word.”
- James Chapter 1 tells us this.
 James 1:23-24 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: 24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
- Hearing the word of God but not taking action when you hear the words is like looking in a mirror.
- You see yourself for a little while. You hear God’s word for a little while.
- You turn away from the mirror, and you’re gone from that mirror.
- You eventually forget what you look like. You go away and forget who you are and what you look like.
- When you don’t do what God’s word says, the same thing happens. You forget His words.
- His words don’t stay with you.
When you know to believe on Jesus to be saved, but you won’t, you’ll forget about Jesus.
- His words won’t stay with you. You won’t store them in the tables of your heart.
- You won’t remember them. You don’t care about His words.
- You don’t have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. You don’t want God teaching you. You forget about God.
- You forget about Jesus. His words just vanish away from you. Why?
- Because you aren’t a doer of His words. You won’t do what He says.
- Believing on Him is the words you need to take action on to be saved.
- The people that James is writing to already know these basics. They are saved people.
James Is Writing To Encourage Saved People To Get To Work
So, what is James trying to do within the book of James? He’s trying to encourage saved people to get to work.
- He wants them to be doers of the word and to work for God.
- Just as they were doers of the word when they believed on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- He wants them to continue to be doers of the word. He’s trying to get them to do good works for God.
But for some reason, the people who aren’t doers of God’s word, twist God’s words in the book of James.
- These false preachers won’t hear and do what the entire Bible says.
- They want to add works to being saved. The entire Bible preaches against this.
- Adding works to the Gospel is heresy. “Let them be accursed,” the Bible says.
- These people that James is writing to were already saved. They knew how to be saved.
- James is not teaching that works will save you, but these hearers of the word only don’t understand.
- They don’t keep the words of Jesus within their hearts.
- They’ve already forgotten what Jesus said you need to do to be saved.
When they get to James Chapter, these false preachers will attempt to now change the rest of the Bible.
- They will tell you that faith MUST include good works or you will not be saved.
- In other words, you aren’t saved unless you go out and do good works.
- They say, “SAVING FAITH includes good works and obedience and living a holy life.”
- But that’s not in the Bible anywhere. James is actually teaching the opposite of what they’re teaching.
- James agrees with the entire rest of the Bible. He didn’t change the Gospel.
- The false preachers changed the Gospel to include works. But they’re gospel is a lie.
People call me a false preacher for teaching the only requirement to be saved is believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- I’m not going to go through the entire Bible again in this sermon, but I have in the past.
- And I’ll say this again. The only requirement to be saved is to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
 John 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
 John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
 John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
- These Scriptures do not contain lies at all. They list only one requirement.
- They match with the entire Bible. Every Scripture in the Bible agrees with these verses.
 John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
 John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
 John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
- John didn’t preach a different Gospel than James. They agree with each other. Why?
- Because the Holy Spirit is behind the words of these books. The Holy Spirit doesn’t contradict.
- The people who call me a false preacher for saying BELIEVING ON JESUS is the only requirement LOVE to quote Scripture to me from James Chapter 2.
I respond. Do you not think I don’t know these Scriptures? I know these Scriptures very well.
- If I didn’t, I wouldn’t be up here right now. You don’t know me very well.
- I made sure I know what I’m talking about BEFORE I became a preacher here.
- Do I know everything? No, but I do know the Scriptures and what they say.
- Here’s what they quote to me. Are you ready? This is their “proof” that I’m wrong.
 James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
- So remember, the Bible includes hundreds of Scriptures that teach us the way to eternal life.
- That way is through Jesus Christ alone and believing in Him and on Him. That’s all it takes.
- Faith in Him is what saves us and gives us the gift of eternal life. Our works play no part in salvation.
- “But the devils believe also.” Well, today, we’re going to see exactly what this Scripture means.
These false preachers are saying that believing on Jesus Christ is not enough because of that Scripture.
- But the entire Bible says that believing on Jesus Christ is enough.
- But the false preachers don’t hear all those. They hear, “The devils also believe.”
- And they assume that means believing on Jesus isn’t enough. Is that what James was writing there?
- Is that what the Holy Ghost is writing there? The sacrifice Jesus made was not enough for us?
- Do you really think that’s what this Scripture means after you read the entire rest of the Bible?
- You really think that James 2:19 changes the entire rest of the Bible? No, you have your doctrine wrong.
James isn’t teaching that we need works to be saved. He isn’t teaching that there’s different types of faith.
- FAITH ALONE is believing on Jesus Christ ALONE and that alone saves you. A tiny drop of faith saves you.
- What does James 2:19 actually say? “Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well.”
- If you believe there in ONE GOD, you’re doing well but believing there is one God is not faith.
- Believing there in one God does not equal believing “ON” Jesus Christ.
The Muslims believe there is one god named Allah. At least they believe there is one god.
- This is not the god of the Bible and their god isn’t alive. Allah is a fairy tale god that doesn’t exist.
- Oneness or modalism believes in one god, but their god isn’t alive.
- Their god is some fairy tale god that doesn’t match the God of the Bible.
- The Jehovah’s Witness believe there is one god, but their god is not alive. They made up a god.
- The Mormons don’t believe in one God. They believe in many gods. They think they are gods.
- Does believing that there is one God save you? No, it doesn’t. What about other “Christians.”
The Catholics get the nature of God correct, but they don’t believe “ON” Jesus Christ.
- They add works to salvation. When they add works to salvation, they have created a different god.
- This is a false gospel with no saving power. They believe they can save themselves.
- Anyone who adds works to salvation has created a different Jesus, another Jesus, a different gospel.
 2 Corinthians 11:3-4 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.
- There are other Jesus’ being preached throughout the world.
- There are different gospels being preached throughout the world that are very similar to the true Gospel.
- For example, the Southern Baptists will say: “Yes, we believe you are saved through faith alone.”
- “But the type of faith you need to be saved includes you doing great works.”
- “And then we’ll know that you’re saved when you do great works. That’s the type of faith you need.”
- NEWS FLASH. The Southern Baptists are wrong. I don’t care how many millions they have. They’re wrong.
- There’s only one type of faith that saves and that’s the type that requires 100% trust in Jesus.
- They can believe that there’s one God, and they are right, this doesn’t save you.
But they are adding works to salvation. They act as if God will force you to do good works once saved.
- God doesn’t make you do anything. WAKE UP AND JOIN REALITY.
- Do you not make your own choices each day? The Bible never says God will force you to do good works.
- You aren’t a robot. You aren’t a computer. You make the choices each day.
- For example, I made the choice to come here today. God didn’t make me.
- He gives me freedom to choose. He doesn’t make me get up here and do this. I can quit any time.
- I can choose to stay home any time I want. I can choose when I want to leave.
- For example, any of you can get up and walk out that door right now. God won’t stop you.
Any toddler can tell you that they make their own choices. They will talk back to you.
- They will do what they want. But, for some reason, these corrupted false preachers can’t see this.
- We get to make our own choices. We get to choose whether or not we do good works.
- Good works have NOTHING to do with salvation. The Bible tells us so over and over again.
 Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
- Salvation is by grace, which cannot be of works. Grace and works are opposite and contrary to each other.
- Salvation is not of ourselves in any way. Our works do not give us salvation.
- If they did, think it through. When is it enough? When do you finally earn salvation?
- What good works must you do? What holy life must we live? What’s the definition of a holy life?
What Is A Fully Obedient Life That False Preachers Are Making A Requirement?
What’s the definition of a fully obedient life? Did I miss all this Scripture in the Bible?
- Is baptism enough? Is not lying the rest of my life enough?
- Is not allowing a dirty word from my mouth enough?
- Will that PROVE my salvation to the Southern Baptist Idiot Convention?
- Will that prove my salvation to the devil Church of Christ? What’s good enough for them?
- Their requirements don’t match the word of God and don’t match the Book of James AT ALL.
 Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
 Romans 3:27-28 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
 Romans 4:2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.
- James is teaching that Abraham was not justified by works in front of God.
- The works of a man justify him only in front of other men. NOT GOD. God can see your faith.
- Men and women cannot see your faith. They can only see what you do and what you work.
- For example, you might think I have faith because of what I preach. But you can’t see my faith. God can.
 Romans 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
 Romans 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
 Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
- All of these Scriptures and YET they are ignored by the people who say, “But the devils believe also.”
 1 Corinthians 1:29-31 That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord..
- Your so-called “good works” are done in your body or flesh.
- Your flesh doesn’t gain righteousness through works. That’s silliness to believe that.
- Your flesh is condemned already because it wars against your righteous soul that is saved through faith.
- You can’t boast about the works you’ve done that have saved you because works don’t save you.
- If they did, you could boast about your greatness and all the great things you have done.
 2 Timothy 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
- “Who hath saved us NOT ACCORDING TO OUR WORKS. But according to His grace.”
- And all of salvation is IN CHRIST JESUS. Not in ourselves.
 Titus 3:4-5 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, 5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
 Titus 3:6-7 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; 7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
- We are not saved not by works of righteousness which we have done. We are saved by HIS MERCY.
- Salvation is through Jesus Christ OUR SAVIOR. We are not the Savior in any way, shape, or form.
- We are only justified by HIS GRACE meaning we don’t deserve it; meaning we don’t work for it.
- NOT OF WORKS. How many Scriptures are required to prove this. Not of works. AT ALL.
- If salvation is not of works, then what could it be? It MUST by faith alone.
- And what is faith? It’s putting ALL 100% of your trust in God. That’s faith. You simply believe what He says.
- You simply trust that He’ll do what He says He’ll do. And He will. And He always has.
- And the Bible proves this to you. Every word of God is true. He’s never lied once in eternity. Not once.
There’s not one lie within the Bible. The devils also believe that there is one God. This is true.
- Does this mean that the devils are saved and going to heaven because they believe? No, it doesn’t.
- It’s not the same thing as salvation in that verse. James isn’t talking about salvation in that verse.
- The devils do believe that there is one God. They don’t deny Jesus Christ as the Son of God.
 Matthew 8:28-29 And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way. 29 And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?
- The devils, exceeding FIERCE, cried out to Jesus. They say, “Jesus, thou Son of God.”
- Obviously, they believe that Jesus is the Son of God. They know that Jesus is the Son of God.
- “What are you going to do to us, Jesus? Are you going to torment us before the time?”
- They even understand that Jesus will torment them in due time. They know these things.
- Why? They’ve been around a long time. They are fallen angels. They are spirits.
- They are living creatures and living beasts the Bible calls them. Satan is the same thing.
- These are his minions who follow after him and not after Jesus Christ.
- They are only here because God allows them to be here. They serve a purpose.
They are exceeding fierce and stronger than flesh and blood, but they are scared of Jesus. They fear Jesus.
- What does that tell you? Do you think your great works are going to save you? You aren’t so great.
- You should tremble before Jesus Christ and fear Him and trust Him because He can save you on His own.
- He is that powerful. He is much FIERCER and much more POWERFUL than anything you can imagine.
- People all throughout the Bible fall on their face when they see Jesus Christ in His glory.
 Joshua 5:13 And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?
 Joshua 5:14-15 And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant? 15 And the captain of the LORD’S host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so.
- Joshua wasn’t stupid. He fell on His face once Jesus told him who He was.
- Jesus is the captain of the host of the Lord. HE IS THE ONE WHO LEADS US.
- He is not for us. He is not against us. He is THE ONE. We are either for Him or not.
- If we don’t put all of our trust in Him and believe on Him alone, then we are against Him.
If we don’t believe on Him as He commands us to do, then we are not with Him. He says so.
- This same man in Joshua Chapter 5 is the one speaking throughout the Book of John.
- “Whosoever believeth on me hath everlasting life. Believe on me. Believe on me. Believe on me.”
- And these silly people say, “Believing on Him is not enough.” Well Jesus says that it is.
If You Argue With Jesus Christ, You Don’t Know Him Very Well
Are you going to argue with Jesus Christ? Seriously? James isn’t arguing with Jesus Christ.
- This is the man that causes the fierce devils to tremble. This is the man that created all things.
- And you want to call Jesus Christ a liar? Not me. I have in the past when I didn’t believe Him.
- But now I believe, and I will tremble before Him and fall flat on my face before Him.
- He is my captain, and I fear Him. He is the Son of God, and He is God. He is not God the Father.
- He is not the Holy Spirit. He is Jesus Christ, THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD, the Son of God.
 Mark 1:23-24 And there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit; and he cried out, 24 Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God.
 Mark 1:25-26 And Jesus rebuked him, saying, Hold thy peace, and come out of him. 26 And when the unclean spirit had torn him, and cried with a loud voice, he came out of him.
- We don’t mess with the devils. They are fallen angels and have more power than we do.
- But we are not to fear them and be scared of them because we are to fear no one but God.
- I am not scared of them, but I’m not going to pick a fight with them because I’m not stupid.
- This unclean spirit says, “What do you want from US? Leave us alone Jesus of Nazareth.”
- “Have you already come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, THE HOLY ONE OF GOD.”
- The devils know Jesus Christ. They know He is the Holy One. They know He is the Son of God.
- We see the same story in Luke Chapter 4.
 Luke 4:33-34 And in the synagogue there was a man, which had a spirit of an unclean devil, and cried out with a loud voice, 34 Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art; the Holy One of God.
 Luke 4:35-36 And Jesus rebuked him, saying, Hold thy peace, and come out of him. And when the devil had thrown him in the midst, he came out of him, and hurt him not. 36 And they were all amazed, and spake among themselves, saying, What a word is this! for with authority and power he commandeth the unclean spirits, and they come out.
- Jesus commands everyone and everything that He wants when He wants. He has control over the devils.
- He has authority over the devils. There’s only one who has this authority and that is God.
- Don’t let these things amaze you as they were all amazed. This is normal for Jesus because He is God.
 Mark 5:2-4 And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit, 3 Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains: 4 Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him.
- Do you see this? No man could hold this man down. The chains couldn’t hold this man down.
- He just plucked them off. Why? This man is possessed with a fallen angel or demon spirit.
- They can come in and possess people. Satan himself entered into Judas Iscariot.
- Once you’re saved, this can’t happen because the Holy Spirit is there.
- An unclean spirit isn’t coming close to the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit says, “I don’t think so. This is mine.”
- Understand that. The Holy Spirit is God and is just as fierce as Jesus Christ. They stay away.
- They don’t want to be tormented by God. They will beg and even worship God so He won’t torment them.
- Watch as this Scripture continues in Mark Chapter 5.
 Mark 5:5-7 And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones. 6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him, 7 And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.
- Again, the devils know Jesus. He is the Son of the MOST HIGH GOD. He begs Jesus to not torment him.
- But you see what characterizes unclean spirits. Cutting himself with stones.
- People who like to mutilate themselves and cut themselves might have a devil living inside.
 Mark 5:8-10 For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit. 9 And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many. 10 And he besought him much that he would not send them away out of the country.
 Mark 5:11-13 Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine feeding. 12 And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them. 13 And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand;) and were choked in the sea.
- One person is more important to Jesus than 2,000 pigs.
- But notice that the Jesus is all powerful. The unclean spirits can even go into animals.
 Mark 5:14-16 And they that fed the swine fled, and told it in the city, and in the country. And they went out to see what it was that was done. 15 And they come to Jesus, and see him that was possessed with the devil, and had the legion, sitting, and clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid. 16 And they that saw it told them how it befell to him that was possessed with the devil, and also concerning the swine.
- The people were now afraid of Jesus. This man is just sitting there calm and in his right mind.
- You better fear Jesus and no one else. Even the devils tremble at the sight of Jesus Christ.
 Acts 16:16-17 And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying: 17 The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.
- There are evil spirits or devils or demons that will help people. They have powers.
- The magicians in Egypt were helped through these unclean spirits.
- People today are being helped through these evil spirits.
- This one in Acts Chapter 16 is bringing gain to this woman through soothsaying or telling the future.
- This unclean spirit recognize Paul as a servant of the most High God. “Shew us the way of salvation.”
 Acts 16:18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.
- Paul put up with this unclean spirit for many days but eventually got tired of it.
- Paul has special powers from Jesus Christ. He commanded the unclean spirit and it came out of her.
- Paul and Silas got beaten with stripes over that because they cost these people a lot of money.
- That’s what leads up to Acts 16:30-31 in which the jailer asks, “What must I do to be saved?”
 Acts 19:11-12 And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul: 12 So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.
 Acts 19:13-14 Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth. 14 And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.
- So now all these other people are going to try what Paul did.
- God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul. They were going to attempt to cast out these devils.
- Watch what happens.
 Acts 19:15-16 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye? 16 And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.
- The evil spirit knows Jesus and knows Paul. But that evil spirit didn’t know the others.
- The man with the evil spirit wins against many different men and overcame them.
- They ran away naked and wounded. He was going to tear them to pieces. Extra strength. Extra power.
- Why? Because a fallen angel has much greater power than flesh and blood.
Devils Are Not Flesh And Blood As We Are
And that’s a very important point that you MUST understand. Devils are not flesh and blood like us.
- They are spirits. They are not flesh and blood. Who did Jesus come to save? FLESH AND BLOOD.
- He came as FLESH AND BLOOD to earth to become one of us and to save us.
- Jesus didn’t come to save the devils. Jesus didn’t come to save the angels at all.
- Angels are not flesh and blood. They are spirits. And living creatures and beasts. They are not like us.
Angels do not look like us. Satan doesn’t look like us but he can possess flesh and blood.
- We’ve done studies on angels before so I’m not going to go over them all again.
- They have multiple faces. They have wings. There are cherubim and seraphim. Satan is a covering cherub.
- God didn’t plan on saving through “BELEIVING ON HIM.”
- If these false preachers would just study the Bible, they would understand this.
- DEVILS ARE NOT SAVED BY BELIEVING ON JESUS CHRIST. They don’t put their trust in Him to save them.
They know that they aren’t saved by the blood of Jesus Christ because they are not flesh and blood like us.
- They don’t cry out for Jesus to save them. They cry out for Jesus not to torment them.
- Who are these devils that we see in the Bible? Who are these unclean spirits?
- The are fallen angels. What do we mean by fallen angels? The Book of Jude tells us.
 Jude 6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
- They had a home in heaven with God Almighty. That’s why they know Him. They know Jesus.
- They are familiar with Jesus Christ. They know He is the Son of God. They were in heaven with Him.
- But they chose to follow Satan who was a beautiful angel very close to God. A covering cherub.
- “But left their own habitation.” Heaven wasn’t good enough for them. After everything they saw.
They are evil. God only gave them good things all the time. But they didn’t care about God.
- They left God. They are not flesh and blood. They are not saved like us. They left their home.
- And now God has a place reserved for them. Everlasting chains in darkness. There is no light in them.
- They are evil angels. But they serve a purpose along with Satan or God would destroy them all now.
- He can do so any time that He wants. So, who are these devils exactly?
 Revelation 12:4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
- This Scripture is talking about Satan and his angels being kicked out of heaven.
- He took 1/3 of the angels with him. These are the fallen angels and the unclean spirits. Angels are spirits.
- We can’t see the spiritual world all around us with all the unclean spirits.
- If Satan took 1/3 of the angels with him, how many would that be?
 Daniel 7:9-10 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire. 10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
- 10,000 times 10,000 = 100 million. Thousand thousands ministered to God. 1,000 times 1,000 = 1 million.
- So, there are lots and lots of angels. There are millions upon millions of these spirits out there.
 Revelation 5:11 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
- I can’t say how many unclean spirits there are out there, but there are millions upon millions.
- I can say that by using the words of the Bible. These unclean spirits are the fallen angels who left heaven.
- God didn’t kick them out of heaven yet for good. That’s coming later. They still go back to heaven.
 Job 1:6-7 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them. 7 And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
 Job 1:8 And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?
- Satan is allowed to go back into heaven at this point. He is not flesh and blood.
- One day he will be kicked out of heaven for good and we see that during the tribulation.
- Then the tribulation turns into great tribulation. But those unclean spirits are all around us in this world.
- Satan and his minions are behind all the evil in this world. They don’t care about God.
- They believe and know that He is God, but they don’t believe on Him because they can’t.
- They are rejected and fallen angels. They can’t be saved. It’s over for them.
They haven’t been destroyed for good at this time because they serve a purpose.
- Many people believe that God and Satan are adversaries, but Satan is not God’s adversary.
- He is not equal with God. You can see that within the Bible. One of God’s angels of light bounds Satan.
- Abaddon or Apollyon is more powerful than Satan, and that angel is just another creation of God.
 Revelation 20:1-2 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
 Revelation 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
- Satan does not have power even close to God, and that’s why we aren’t to fear Satan.
- Could Satan rip us to pieces if God allowed it? Yes he could. Don’t mess with Satan.
- Stay away from Satan and all his darkness and all his dark ways. Don’t go close to his paths.
- Don’t call him up all the time and give him credit for everything. Flat tire. Satan did it.
- No he doesn’t do everything that happens to you all the time. Don’t give him all the credit.
- He’s just a tool for God to use, and he serves a purpose for God.
- I’ll give you one example because that’s a topic for an entire sermon.
 1 Corinthians 5:1-2 It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father’s wife. 2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.
 1 Corinthians 5:3-4 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed, 4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
 1 Corinthians 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
- Satan is used by God to put us through trials and tribulation. He is used to punish people.
- Just like in this example. Deliver this fornicator unto Satan and allow Satan to destroy him.
- Destroy his flesh but Satan can’t destroy his soul. Don’t fear the one who can’t destroy your soul.
- God allowed Satan to try Job. And Job states that he will come out on the other side better than before.
 Job 23:10 But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.
- Satan is a tool for God to use, and he serves a purpose for God. He is not God’s adversary.
- He is our adversary. Not God’s. God can destroy him in a moment with a single word or a single thought.
 1 Peter 5:8-9 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: 9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
- How are you going to resist the devil? Through your great works? No, through faith.
- Verse 9 says, “WHOM RESIST STEDFAST IN THE FAITH.” Grow your faith through good works.
- Rely on God. Trust in God. Study His words. Increase your faith by believing His words.
- Yes, your faith should have works to go along with it You grow your faith through works.
- But that single drop of faith will save you.
With all that said today, do you see why using James 2:19 to prove that faith alone doesn’t save you is just silly?
- I repeat and I say it over and over again, “Whosoever believeth on Jesus Christ hath everlasting life.”
- This is the truth. You can’t try to take James 2:19 and tell me that makes all the other Scriptures a lie.
 James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
- Believing that there is one God doesn’t save you, but you’re at least doing well if you believe in one God.
- You must be flesh and blood to be saved by believing on Jesus Christ.
- The devils aren’t flesh and blood and they don’t believe “ON” Jesus Christ.
- He is not their SAVIOR. He is the SAVIOR of all men who believe on Him.
- He is not the Savior of angels who are living creatures, beasts, and spirits.
- I hope that Scripture right there now makes perfect sense to you.
- Don’t let anyone try to use that to say: “See!!! Believing on Jesus Christ is not enough.”
- If one says this, automatically, I know that they have no faith in the word of God.
Our Faith Should Not Be Dead And We Should Do Good Works Once Saved
Our faith should not be dead and should have works to go along with it.
- But faith alone saves you and then you SHOULD go do good works for God.
- You should start putting Him first in your life above all other things.
- God SHOULD be above making money. You should trust God will take care of you.
- You should read the Bible. You should grow your faith. You should work hard for God.
- But none of these things save you. Because you MUST do one thing to be saved.
 Acts 16:30-31 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? 31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
- There aren’t different types of faith like that Southern Baptists and Calvinists attempt to preach.
- The Bible doesn’t mention different types faith.
- And the Bible definitely doesn’t mention that works are required to have the right “TYPE OF FAITH.”
- The Bible concludes over and over again that faith alone saves.
- “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.” The devils don’t do this. That’s silly.
The angels are not like us. They are not flesh and blood. They are fallen angels who are spirits.
- They are living creatures and beasts and are not saved by the blood of Jesus Christ.
- But their testimony that Jesus is the Son of God is true. Jesus has the saving power you need.
- Believe on Him alone, and He will give you everlasting life at that moment.
- Believing that works in any way will save you DOES NOT EQUAL faith alone.