[SLIDE 2] The title of the sermon is: “GOD IS THE GREAT DIVIDER.”
God Divides Everyone Into Two Groups
- God is the Great Divider. He divides people into two groups and two groups only.
[SLIDE 3] John 1:10-13 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. 11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
- To those who believe on the name of Jesus Christ to save them, they are born again.
- Those people are the first group that will join God in heaven.
[SLIDE 4] John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
- Believing on Jesus Christ as your Savior gets you the gift of eternal life, and you are sealed with the Holy Ghost in this life RIGHT NOW.
- You have eternal life RIGHT NOW. This is the first group of people.
- This is the group you want to be in.
- Now, what’s the second group? Let’s see.
[SLIDE 5] John 8:42-45 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. 43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. 44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
- So this second group doesn’t believe on Jesus Christ alone to save them and their father is the devil.
- These people will spend all of eternity in hell in eternal torment.
- These people believe lies and will not believe the truth.
The Bible tells us VERY plainly throughout the entire Bible that are two groups.
- There are those that believe God and what He says, and there are those that do not believe God and what He says.
- There are those who have trusted in Jesus Christ to save them and are born again.
- Then there are those who do not trust in Jesus Christ to save them and don’t care.
- These people are lost and don’t understand what this means.
- Every single person here today is in one of those 2 groups. God is dividing us into 2 groups right now.
- Which of the 2 groups do you want to be in? There is no third, fourth, or fifth group either.
- There is no riding in the middle. You’re going to be in one group or the other.
- If you’re saved, you’re in God’s group. If you’re not saved, you’re in the other group.
Are You Saved?
Suppose I asked you right now face to face: “If you died today, do you know for sure that you’re going to heaven?”
- If you respond with:
- “I hope so.”
- “I think I have a good chance.”
- “I think so.”
All of those mean that you aren’t sure. You might as well say: “No, I’m not sure.”
- If you “hope so” this means that you don’t believe in eternal security that God promises in the Bible.
- This means you aren’t hearing and believing the words that God has spoken to you.
- This means you aren’t saved. This means you’re in that second group.
What this means right now is you better get in that first group. That’s where you want to be.
- And then you might want to argue with me and say:
- “Well, no one really knows for sure if they’re going to heaven or hell. That’s God’s decision alone.”
- Well, you would be wrong because God Himself tells us we can know for sure.
- He tells us we can KNOW 100% whether or not we’re going to heaven or hell.
- I didn’t say it. Don’t listen to me and what I say. Listen to God in His Bible. Hear this right now.
[SLIDE 6] 1 John 5:10-13 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. 11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. 13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
- So God says: “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.”
- Listen, you need to get that blessed assurance. Listen to the Book of Job.
[SLIDE 7] Job 19:23-26 Oh that my words were now written! oh that they were printed in a book! 24 That they were graven with an iron pen and lead in the rock for ever! 25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: 26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
- And I say today just as Job said: “I know that MY REDEEMER LIVETH! I know that I shall SEE GOD!”
- You see: I have no doubt. I recommend that you get rid of all doubt right now and believe what God says.
- When you hear His words, believe those words.
- Don’t ever let a man tell you something different than what the Bible says.
Reprove And Rebuke
- If you EVER hear me say something different than what the Bible says, you need to correct me immediately.
- I gladly and happily conform to EVERY WORD OF GOD.
- If you don’t believe you have eternal security once you believe on Jesus Christ, listen to the Apostle Paul.
[SLIDE 8] 2 Timothy 1:12-14 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day. 13 Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. 14 That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us.
- The Bible tells us over and over again, that once we believe on Jesus Christ that we HAVE (present tense) eternal life!!!
- So why are all these false religions teaching people different from the Word of God???
- What’s the problem??? Why are men making up their own rules?
- Don’t listen to these men and these religions. Start listening to the Word of God.
- God is trying to GIVE YOU GOOD NEWS!!! Why do we not want to accept GOOD NEWS from God???
- Listen to the words of the song, Blessed Assurance that goes like this:
“Blessed Assurance, Jesus is mine!
O What a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.”
- God says you are now His purchased possession once you believe on Jesus Christ.
- He says it plain and clear: “YOU ARE SAVED!” It is done He says.
[SLIDE 10] Ephesians 1:13-14 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
- Can you imagine someone trying to steal you away from God?
- God has purchased you, and you’re now His. That’s what He says.
- God is ALMIGHTY GOD, and NO MAN can steal you away from the ALMIGHTY CREATOR OF ALL THINGS!!!
Don’t Lack Assurance That You’re Saved
- Listen: right now, understand that you’re saved if you believe on Jesus Christ to save you.
- And you’re saved for all of eternity. There is no greater gift than this gift from God.
- It’s simple and easy to do.
- He sure knew we needed something simple because He knew man would corrupt all of His words and His ways.
I trusted Jesus a long time ago, but I sure lacked that assurance that I was saved.
- I didn’t know, and I wasn’t reading my Bible like I should have been.
- One day I would think I was saved and the next that I was headed to hell. Another day I wasn’t sure.
- I thought I was gaining it and losing it over and over again.
- I thought it depended on me and how good of a life I could live.
- I soon found out that I was never going to be good enough so I gave up.
This is what happens to so many people due to churches teaching falsely.
- Do you know how difficult it is for some “religious” people to hear the words from God?
- They will simply choose what their church has taught them over the word of God!!!
- I have news for all those people. A church won’t save you. A religion won’t save you.
- All of these man-made things have no power over life and death.
- Jesus alone is THE ONLY way to be saved, and it better be Jesus of Nazareth.
I work with a guy named Jesus. He’s a nice guy. I believe in him because I’ve talked with him a lot during work.
- I know he’s real and I trust what he tells me. He knows what he’s talking about when it comes to work.
- So it sounds like I believe in Jesus. So am I saved? Guess what? The name “Jesus” doesn’t save you.
- The Jesus I work with doesn’t save me. The SON OF GOD, JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH, saves you!
- You better get the right Jesus.
So, it’s time to come out of ANY darkness of doubt and come into the broad and shining light of Jesus Christ.
- He saves you, and you put all your trust in Him alone. You can’t save yourself no matter what you do.
- It’s Jesus alone, and that’s why we can be happy today!!!
- If it depends on me to save you, you’re in BIG trouble.
- If it depends on any man including yourself, you’re in BIG trouble. Jesus gets you in that first group.
- Anyone else, any thing, any church, any religion, gets you sent to that second group.
[SLIDE 11] John 3:15-16 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
- Once you hear those verses, any doubt of your salvation should be gone.
- Those verses don’t say anything like:
“That whosoever believeth in him, and goes to church, and is baptized, and speaks with some unknown heavenly language, and repents of their sin each day, and asks forgiveness each day, and stops sinning their worst sins, and feeds the homeless, and gives to the poor, and reads the Bible every day – then you shall have eternal life.”
- Where does the list stop? Ask all of these false religions and false churches out there.
- They’ve made up their own little gods who have no power over life and death.
- It’s very sad that they’ve fallen for lies. It’s time to get back to God.
- Let’s get everyone we know in that first group of saved people.
- Let’s do our best and the Holy Spirit will be there to change those people.
How Do You Know You’re Trusting In Jesus 100%
- You know: you might question yourself at times and say to yourself: “How do I know I am truly trusting in Him?”
- Here’s some good advice for you today” STOP questioning yourself.
- Instead use a quick prayer to God: “Dear God, if I haven’t trusted you 100%, I am starting right now. I trust you. Amen.”
And guess what? That doubt will leave immediately because you’re saved.
- I’ll tell you right now:
- I know I’m going to heaven. I have zero ounce of doubt. I act stupid sometimes.
- I say stupid things sometimes. I keep sinning each day because I realize that a single bad thought is a sin.
- I am not perfect in my flesh and not even close.
- But I know that the sacrifice Jesus made was for ALL MY SINS OF ALL TIME!!! He paid the price.
- If I don’t believe His sacrifice is strong enough to save me from all my sins, I’m calling that sacrifice weak.
And I tell you what: Anyone who calls the sacrifice of Jesus Christ weak will not be going to heaven.
- They are in that second group. Trust in Jesus with all you have, and you’ll be in that first group.
- And you’ll NEVER be moved to that second group no matter what you do. It doesn’t depend on you.
So you see:
- I am more sure I’m going to heaven when I die than I’m sure I’m here right now talking to you.
- I am more sure I’m going to heaven than I’m sure I have 3 amazing daughters sitting right there.
- I’m more sure I’m going to heaven than I’m sure that I’m married to my beautiful wife right there.
- Let’s say someone asked me a few minutes after I was married: “Are you married?”
- And let’s say I answered: “Well, I hope so.” You might say: “What do you mean, you hope so?”
- And I said: “Well, I can’t say for sure.” What??? You just got married!!! “Well, I hope so!”
This is the same thing for salvation. If you died today, are you sure you’re going to heaven?
- Well, I hope so is a very bad answer. Now, you can say “OH YEAH, I’M GOING TO HEAVEN.”
- See: You know for sure if you have children or not. You know for sure if you’re here right now.
- You know for sure whether you have a job or not. You know for sure whether you’re married or not.
- You know for sure if you have a car. The Bible says we can know for sure whether we’re saved or not.
- So today: You’re either saved or not. God is the GREAT DIVIDER. There are 2 groups.
- It’s your choice. Which group are you in?
“We Are Children of God by Creation”
Some people, especially in this world today, will teach others that we’re all God’s children and that God loves us no matter what.
- People will tell others that they are all children of God by creation.
- They will say that God loves them for who they are.
- And they can be a homosexual, they can be a fornicator, they can be an adulterer, they can make up their own god, they can make up their own rules, they can make up their own savior.
The Bible says we become a child of God by believing on Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
- We aren’t automatically God’s children through creation. We have to make a choice.
- We choose to believe what God says or not. Those who believe Him will be in Group 1.
- Those who do not will be in Group 2. Group 1 goes to heaven. Group 2 goes to hell.
- It doesn’t matter who your earthly family is either.
- Our dad, mom, brother, sister, or anyone else cannot save us.
- Some people think that they automatically get into heaven because of their husband, or their mother, or someone in their family.
If you asked me to save you, I would tell you immediately you better find Jesus Christ fast.
- I have no power over life and death! No one does but God Himself.
- Some people might say: “Well, I’m saved because religion runs in my family.”
- Well, the only thing that runs in your family is a sinful nature. We all have it. All people of all time have it.
- I have it. You have it. We’re all sinners!!! ALL OF US.
When a child misbehaves, someone might say: “Well, he’s acting just like his daddy.”
- Another time someone might say: “He’s acting just like his momma.”
- The truth is: He’s acting like both of them! We all have that sinful nature.
- The Dad and Mom better get ready to correct that sinful nature in their children.
- We better be ready to spank the children who need that correction just as the Bible directs us to do.
God has all the answers. God says to spank and correct your children. The world tells you to put them in timeout.
- The world will even tell you to let your children do whatever they want. That’s wicked. That’s evil.
- If a punishment doesn’t work, blame it on some made up disease and give them medicine.
- Say: “Oh, they have Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD). Give this to them and turn them into a zombie.”
- Then it will be much easier on you to take care of them.
- You See: God has the answers. God says spank them and correct them.
- God knows what works.
Family doesn’t save you. Bloodline doesn’t save you.
- The Bible teaches this over and over again.
- Husband and wife can’t save each other.
- God says so. He has the answers.
- The only thing we inherit from family is the sinful nature.
[SLIDE 12] Psalm 51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
[SLIDE 13] Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
[SLIDE 14] Romans 5:19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
- We are all born with a sin nature that pulls us in the wrong direction. We sin because we are sinners.
- You do what you do because you are what you are. You aren’t born again through your blood.
- It doesn’t matter who your Dad and Mom are. It doesn’t matter if they’re Abraham and Sarah.
- They can’t save you. You must be born of the Spirit, or you’ll go to hell when you die. It’s that simple.
No Works Will Earn Your Way Into Heaven
- Don’t misunderstand what I’m saying right now.
- You should do your absolute best each day to live a better life for God.
- You should do your best to stop sinning in each and every way possible.
- But, you have to trust in God to make those changes for you in your life.
- You have to walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh EACH AND EVERY DAY. This is a choice.
But, here’s what you need to understand:
- No works you can do will gain you a ticket into heaven.
- Nothing you can do is good enough to earn eternal life.
- It’s like me going to work for an hour and telling my boss he now owes me the entire continent of Australia for the work that I’ve done.
- My boss would laugh at me. I would say I’m serious. He would laugh harder.
- The same thing goes with God and eternal life.
We can’t gain the gift of eternal life. If you think you can in any way, you’re lost! The Bible says so.
- And it’s sad that the largest religions in the world (and most “Christian” religions) think they can gain their way into heaven).
- The Catholics are one example of this, and from what I’ve seen on the news, they sure aren’t doing a very good of gaining their way into heaven with all the child abusers that should be put to death.
[SLIDE 15] Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
- People will tell you they think they will make it to heaven because they are “good” people.
- Good by God’s definition is perfect. There is no one perfect.
- Everyone has lied, stolen, or had bad thoughts in their life.
- Those people who think they can earn their way to heaven with good works in ANY way will be in that dreaded Group #2.
- Group #2 goes to hell, and you don’t want to be in that group.
Are You Good Enough To Go To Heaven?
- If you asked me right now: “Josh, do you think I’m good enough to go to heaven?”
- What do you think I would say? Let me tell you what I would say.
- I would say very quickly: “NO! You aren’t good enough to go to heaven!”
You see: you need to know that none of us are good enough to go to heaven.
- I’m sure not good enough to even get off this ground a few feet and heaven is a whole lot further than a few feet from here.
- Only through Jesus Christ will we make it to heaven. It’s all HIS GOODNESS that gets us there.
- If it’s our goodness, we’re in trouble because we sure don’t have enough.
[SLIDE 16] John 1:12-13 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
- You see that? It’s not our blood, it’s not the will of our flesh, it’s not the will of man.
- It’s God alone that saves us once we believe on the Son of God.
- As we get ready to take the Lord’s Supper today, remember the words of the song: “My Hope Is Built On Nothing Less.”
“I am dressed in His righteousness alone, faultless to stand before the throne.”
- When you have Jesus as your Savior, you’re not ashamed to stand before the THRONE OF GOD!
- Everything you’ve ever done wrong has already been washed away by His blood.
- If you don’t know Jesus, you will be ashamed before God because everything you’ve ever done wrong will be revealed right there and right then.
- Not good.
The ONLY way to heaven is through Jesus Christ alone. We must remember this and understand what this means.
- If you’re trusting in Jesus Christ PLUS anything else, you won’t make it.
- That PLUS will put you in Group 2 and hell is your destination.
- So today:
- Trust in Jesus Christ fully, completely, and with your whole heart AND you are now in Group #1.
- And you’re never leaving Group #1 again. You’re saved.
- You are headed to heaven 100% without a doubt. Don’t ever let anyone tell you otherwise.
- These aren’t my words. These are God’s words in His Bible. God says so, and what He says GOES!
- And to end, remember the words of this song:
My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.
- You better get on the Rock Who is Jesus Christ.
- Don’t trust in anything else.
- Anything else is sinking sand, and you’ll sink straight down to hell.
- Get on that Rock of JESUS CHRIST.