The title of the sermon today is “THE MORMONS.”
Mormons = The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Mormons are known in today’s world as “The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.”
- When their church was first organized, it was called “The Church of Christ” in 1830.
- In 1834, they changed it to the “The Church of Latter Day Saints.”
- In 1838, they changed it to “The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.”
- And that’s where it stands today. But, there’s one little trick you need to know today.
Most people think there’s just one group of Mormons that originate from Salt Lake City, Utah.
- But there isn’t. After their founder died in 1844, the church split into 2 groups.
- So, today you have 2 groups of Mormons:
- The first is the “The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.”
- The second was called the “Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.”
- In 2001, this second group changed their name to “Community of Christ.”
- So, you have to watch out BECAUSE all types of religions today use the name of Jesus Christ.
- And people think, “Oh, yeah, this is okay because they believe in Jesus.”
My question today: “Do they believe in Jesus Christ? The Jesus within the Bible?” Let’s see.
- If you know and understand the Bible from cover to cover, you’ll know the basics of Christianity.
- There is ONE GOD. There is only ONE GOD in three persons.
- God the Father is GOD, Jesus Christ is GOD, the Holy Spirit is God. The entire Bible teaches this.
- We know JESUS is God. We know that forgiveness of sins comes by God’s grace through our faith.
- We know 100% for sure after reading the Bible that salvation is not of works. Not even a little.
- We know that Jesus died on the cross and arose in HIS PHYSICAL BODY.
- And we understand the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. His work, His sacrifice saves us.
So, let’s look at these things as an overview of CHRISTIANITY and then we’ll see what the Mormons believe.
- First, there is ONE GOD and only ONE GOD. There aren’t multiple gods. The Bible is VERY CLEAR.
 Deuteronomy 6:4-5 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: 5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
 Isaiah 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
 Isaiah 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.
 Isaiah 44:8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.
 Isaiah 45:5-6 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: 6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.
- So, obviously, the BIBLE says there is ONE GOD. Yet, what do the Mormons teach?
- They teach that god is only one of countless gods. God was a man that lived on another planet.
- They say God the Father is flesh and bones, and that he was a man from another planet.
- He only became god by following all the laws and ordinances of the previous god from that world.
- Their god today brought one of his wives to this world, and he produces spirit children.
- Those spirit children then take human bodies at birth. The first spirit child born was Jesus.
- The second spirit child was Satan. So, Jesus and Satan are brothers they say. After that are all of us.
God The Father Wasn’t Always A God???
They say that God the Father wasn’t always a god. He became a god by following laws of another god.
- Does any of that match what the Bible says? This is why you need to be reading the Bible.
- Then, you’ll see if these doctrines match what your Bible actually says.
- God has ALWAYS been ONE GOD. The Bible clearly teaches that GOD IS ETERNAL.
 Psalm 90:2 Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.
- And the Bible CLEARLY teaches that God’s nature HAS NEVER changed. He says so.
 Malachi 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
- In other words, the Mormons are calling the GOD of the Bible a liar and choosing to listen to man.
- God says, “I am from everlasting. I change not.” The Mormons say the opposite.
 Psalm 102:27 But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end.
 Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
- So, we know there is only ONE GOD, and HIS NATURE NEVER changes. He didn’t become a god.
- HE IS GOD. He was always God, and He will ALWAYS be God. But not according to the Mormons.
- They say there are hundreds upon hundreds of different gods.
- The men and women who are Mormon believe they have the potential to become gods.
- The Mormon President named Lorenzo Snow said this:
 “As god once was, man is. As God is, man may become.” – Lorenzo Snow, Mormon President
- So, you can become just like their god and become a god of another planet just like this one.
- There’s all these other planets out there just like this one and God the Father is only God of this planet.
How do you become your very own god like God the Father?
- First, you MUST become a good MORMON. Second, ALWAYS pay your 10% tithe to the church.
- Third, follow all of their various laws and all of the ordinances of the Mormon church.
- Fourth, the Mormon leaders on earth must find you to be worthy.
- If they find you to be worthy, you receive a temple recommend pass.
- Once you have a temple recommend pass, you can enter into their sacred temples.
- It’s like a secret club for children. Once inside, you get to go through secret rituals.
- There’s baptism for the dead, celestial marriage. Marriage in another realm. This is good stuff.
- You have all these secret oaths and rituals and it’s amazing. You’re working your way up to be a God.
Mormons Have A Great Imagination Not Based On The Bible
So, look, these other so-called “Christian” denominations HAVE NOTHING on the Mormons.
- These people have went crazy. That’s what happens when you listen to man with great imaginations.
 Psalm 21:11 For they intended evil against thee: they imagined a mischievous device, which they are not able to perform.
- The Bible doesn’t say or mention ANY of these things they talk about.
- I mean they are way out there when you compare their religion to the Bible.
- And then they put the name of JESUS CHRIST on their false religion. Do you think God is happy with that?
 Proverbs 6:16-19 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: 17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, 18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, 19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
- Do you see the “WICKED IMAGINATIONS” in verse 18. God HATES this trash they come up with.
- And then they PUT HIS NAME on it. Wow, no way I would go even close to the Mormon religion.
- Here’s what one of their secret temples looks like.
- Remember, you can’t go in unless you have a temple recommend. And you don’t see many windows.
What else do you need to become a God just like God the Father?
- They have secret underwear that men and women wear. They have secret handshakes.
- In order for you to get to the third level of Mormon heaven, you have to shake hands with God.
- And you have to know the secret handshake and the exact pattern. God will know if you’re faking.
- The celestial rituals are the ones needed to gain entry into the highest level of Mormon heaven.
- If you get to these highest heavens, you can become a god.
- What happens when you become a god? Then you get your own planet and you will be the god.
- And that’s a good thing because the MORMON way will be expanded into other planets.
- So, this is a pretty amazing system that sounds like 10-year old imaginations would come up with.
The Mormons don’t think any of it’s funny, and they take it very serious.
- If you mess up and sin while you have a temple recommend card, you’re in trouble.
- They’ll even tell you that you can’t pray in public any more. You can’t talk in public any more.
- You can’t give a testimony any more. I want to read you parts of a letter written to a man who sinned.
- This man had a temple recommend card.
 “The council felt it necessary to impose certain restrictions upon you because you bear the Melchizedek Priesthood and have made a series of holy covenants in the temple. You may not: hold a temple recommend, bless or pass the sacrament, perform a priesthood ordinance, offer a public prayer, give a talk or bear your testimony, or participate in sustaining Church officers.”
- But watch what you can still do. You can’t talk any more, but you can do this. Watch.
- The letter continues with this next paragraph.
 “However at the same time the council implores you to draw as close to the Church as possible during this probationary period. Pay a full tithe and a generous fast offering. Remember your temple covenants by properly wearing your temple garments. Be a faithful and diligent priesthood home teacher. Fulfill and magnify your assignment as a home evening group leader.”
- This religion thinks they control every part of you now.
- That’s what a CULT does to you. They will control you and what you can do.
- God doesn’t do that. Do you see the difference? God gives you free will to do what you want.
- Even when you have the HOLY SPIRIT it NEVER takes over you or your body or your mind.
- As an example: if you think that blacking out and speaking in tongues is God doing that, think again.
- God NEVER controls your body and makes you do something. But the Mormon leadership will.
- You can’t talk, but give us your money.
There Is One God And He Is Eternal
But, the Bible clearly tells us that there is one God, and He is eternal.
- The Mormons teach that the God of the Bible is just a man that was made into a God.
- And then they can become gods just like He did. So, do you see how that minimizes the Bible.
- “Oh, well, that’s just this God’s rules. I can become a god just like Him and I’ll make my own.”
- “My planet is going to be the greatest planet ever.” Yeah, they can end up being better than our God.
- They say, “God the Father is just flesh and bones like us.”
And then we know in order to be a CHRISTIAN, you must believe that JESUS IS GOD.
- But the Mormons teach that Jesus is a spirit child, a creation of God the Father and Mary.
- In other words, they even say that Mary is before Jesus Christ. She was created first.
- Let’s see what the Bible says.
 John 1:1-2 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God.
- Jesus was there in the beginning before anything else was created. Before creation, HE WAS.
 John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
- Jesus is God in the flesh. Jesus is the word of God and the WORD was made flesh.
 Colossians 2:8-9 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
- JESUS CHRIST is fully GOD.
 Colossians 1:16-17 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
- Notice it says, “ALL THINGS WERE CREATED BY HIM. He is before all things.”
- Watch what JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF says in the Book of Revelation.
 Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
- Jesus is GOD ALMIGHTY. The entire Bible teaches this from cover to cover.
- But not the Mormons. The Mormons teach that Jesus is God in the flesh.
- But just like all the other false religions, you have to understand the meaning behind that.
- What they’re really saying is that YES, HE IS A GOD in the flesh. Ask them is Jesus is the ONLY GOD.
- They’ll say no. But He is GOD IN THE FLESH, but that’s just the GOD OF THIS WORLD.
- They actually say they believe in the TRINITY, but there are THREE GODS of this world.
- The 3 gods of this world are the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. That’s what they teach.
- But we already know the Bible says there is ONE GOD in THREE PERSONS.
 1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
- They teach that SATAN is the BROTHER of Jesus Christ. They’ll say, “Yeah, Jesus and Satan are brothers.”
- Jesus was first. Satan was second. Obviously, the Mormons don’t have the same God and the same Jesus.
- Their god and Jesus is some made up fairy tale. Jesus was created and became a god.
- Disney movies are closer to reality than these Mormon gods.
- The Mormon religion is like being in some weird Science Fiction movie.
The Sacrifice Jesus Made On The Cross Is Not Enough???
What do the Mormons think about Jesus dying on the cross?
- They teach that the sacrifice Jesus made on the cross is not enough to forgive you of your sins.
- They’ll say, “Oh yeah, you’re saved by grace through faith.” They’ll agree to that.
- But that’s not what they really mean. “Oh yeah, we believe that.” NO they don’t!!!
- They obtain forgiveness through their effort and God’s effort together.
- Salvation isn’t a FREE GIFT from God. They have to earn it.
- They say that you MUST be good and follow all the laws and ordinances of the Mormon Church.
- When you do that, then you can obtain forgiveness.
And look, you might think that’s ridiculous now, right? You see the truth in the Bible now.
- But again, think how this is similar to all the other so-called “Christian” religions.
- Our last Pastor said the same thing: “I can assure you that I believe we are saved by grace through faith.”
- But he didn’t mean that you could be saved RIGHT NOW by God’s grace through faith.
- He meant that you MUST keep working for it UNTIL you gain it yourself.
- That’s what the Church of Christ preaches, some of the Southern Baptist have started that trash.
- Pentecostals preach that trash. It’s not in the Bible. Everyone around here wants to make it about them.
 Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
- That’s EXTREMELY CLEAR right there. You are saved by grace through faith.
- Grace means you don’t deserve it. If you deserved it, it would be through your good works.
- The entire Bible says you don’t deserve it. You aren’t good enough to gain eternal life on your own.
- But God says, “Hey, I got this. I’ll take care of it. I’ll do all the work for you and give you the gift.”
- “All you have to do is change your mind and put all your trust on me. That’s faith.”
- He says, “I’ll save you by grace through faith.” But what do the Mormons teach?
- And what do all these false “Christian” religions around here teach?
They say that your saved by grace through faith BUT it also takes good works on your part.
- You have to earn it too. You have to work hard for it. You have to keep the faith.
- You have to build a relationship. You MUST endure to the end. You MUST be a good person.
- They’ll say, “Yeah, you are saved by grace through faith BUT you need to do this too.”
- God says, “I don’t think so buddy. It’s faith alone.”
 Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
- God says right there that it can’t be both GRACE and WORKS. They’re opposites.
- But that’s what the Mormons are teaching.
 Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
- The BIBLE concludes that you are saved by faith without GOOD WORKS.
- So whose wrong here? Are the Mormons wrong? Is the Church of Christ wrong?
- Is Dave Hamlin wrong? Is Terry Yeager wrong? Is Kyle Idleman wrong?
- Are the Southern Baptists wrong? Are the Catholics wrong? Are the Seventh Day Adventists wrong?
- Must we have all these good works to be saved?
God says we don’t, but all these HUGE organizations and churches say that we MUST.
- Is God wrong? Hey, look, God’s not wrong!!! All of those men are wrong.
- Millions upon millions in this country are WRONG when they say different than the Bible.
- The Bible even gives EXACT EXAMPLES of these same types of people. Watch this.
 Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
- Want you to see this today. He calls them “O FOOLISH GALATIANS, who hath BEWITCHED you?”
- I want you to see what the Bible calls BEWITCHED as I continue reading from Galatians Chapter 3.
- It says Jesus was crucified for you. He did all the work already.
 Galatians 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
- When you’re saved, you receive the HOLY SPIRIT that SEALS your soul from sin. Not your body. Your soul.
- The exact question is asked. Were you saved by your good works OR by FAITH?
 Galatians 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
- He says, “Are you really that FOOLISH!!!” Hey, that was me. I listened to those clowns all those years.
- I should have been listening to God. He says, “You begun in the SPIRIT!”
- “Are you now going to make yourself PERFECT by the good works that YOU do?”
- If you have the SPIRIT OF GOD within you protecting your soul, what are you going to do to make it more perfect than that?
- God is within you now. You’ll never get better than that.
You Must Continue To Do Good Works To Sanctify YOURSELF???
The Southern Baptists and other denominations just like Mormons teach that you have to continue to do good works to SANCTIFY yourself.
- This Chapter and these verses are written directly to them. God is calling this FOOLISH!!!
- They say you MUST continue to be sanctified in your life.
- It’s a long process in your life where you’re perfecting yourself. Then, you can go to heaven.
- The Seventh Day Adventists say, “Well, God can’t have sinners walking around everywhere in heaven.”
- “YOU HAVE TO MAKE YOURSELF SINLESS LIKE WE ARE.” Southern Baptists teach this.
- Most all the Baptist around here are Southern Baptist. They’re saving themselves.
- God says right there, “I already made your soul perfect. What are you going to do?”
 Galatians 3:4-5 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain. 5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
- FAITH is what works miracles. Do you remember why Jesus healed people? He said, “Do you believe?”
- He NEVER told anyone to go do some great works, and THEN I’ll heal you.
- That’s why all those examples are there. He’s healing them because they have FAITH in HIM.
- YOUR WORKS are going to save you. You being a good person isn’t going to save you.
- GOD SAYS, “I’ll save you IF you trust in me ALONE to be your Savior. It’s just faith.”
- He says, “Trust me, and I’ll save you.”
- If you think you need a backup plan that includes yourself doing all these good works, that’s not faith.
 Galatians 3:6-9 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. 7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. 8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed. 9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
- Abraham wasn’t saved by HIS GREAT WORKS. He wasn’t a good man.
- You might say, “How do you Abraham wasn’t a good man?” Well, in the Bible, good is perfect.
- And none of us are perfect, not even Abraham.
 Mark 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
- Jesus says, “THERE IS NONE GOOD BUT ONE, THAT IS, GOD.”
- That’s how I know Abraham wasn’t a good man. He messed up just like you and I do.
- And some people when I preach, they might think: “Well, Josh is judging me. He thinks he’s so good.”
- “Oh no I don’t. I guarantee you I’d probably win for the worst one here.”
- But that’s what God does, He turns people like me into preachers to show you what He can do.
- I didn’t do it. I’m not good. And I know that because I believe what the Bible says.
 Psalm 14:1-3 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. 2 The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God. 3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
- Hey, that’s talking about you and I. We aren’t exempt from this like the Church of Christ taught us.
- I used to think I was exempt from that because my church taught that I was good.
- In order to be saved, you need to understand that you aren’t good. You need a SAVIOR.
- And that’s what the MORMONS aren’t teaching. They are sending people to hell, and it’s not funny.
- James Talmadge was a Mormon apostle who said this:
 “The sectarian dogma of justification by faith alone has exercised an influence for evil, hence the justice of the scriptural doctrine that salvation comes to the individual only through obedience.”
- He said, “If you think you’re being saved by faith alone, this leads to evil influencing you.”
- He said, “Salvation comes to the individual ONLY through obedience.” WOW.
- If you know the Bible, it says the exact opposite over and over and over again.
- Parents do the same thing? They ask, “What are you saying? You telling my kids they’re saved and then they can go do whatever they want and still make it to heaven?”
- Oh no, I’m not saying that!!! GOD ALMIGHTY IS SAYING THAT!!! “Where’s it say that?”
 Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
- Paul says, “Do we then make the LAW void through faith.”
- Since faith saves you, do we not have to follow the law? GOD FORBID the Bible says.
- How do you establish the law? THROUGH FAITH. If you truly believe God, you’ll do what He says.
- That’s the entire point of faith. BELIEVE, and then you’ll follow God.
- I know that’s how it works BECAUSE it happened to me. I never did what God said before I had true faith.
- But now I know HE’S THERE. I have faith. And I don’t want to mess with God.
- I know that He holds my breath in His hand. He can take any time He wants. I fear Him.
- Some people think their way is better. That’s the Mormons. Don’t be like that.
 Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
- If your good works saved you, then CHRIST is DEAD IN VAIN.
- If you could save yourself, then Jesus didn’t need to die. It’s pretty easy to see once you understand.
- You see that verse and understand it, right?
- If you were righteous through being a good person, then JESUS CHRIST didn’t need to die.
- HE CAME TO DIE BECAUSE NONE OF US ARE GOOD. But watch what the Mormons say:
 Doctrine and Covenants 82:7, “And now, verily I say unto you, I, the Lord, will not lay any a sin to your charge; go your ways and sin no more; but unto that soul who sinneth shall the former sins return, saith the Lord your God.”
- They wrote their own Bible that says the opposite of the TRUE BIBLE.
- And they trust their own PROPHETS over GOD’S TRUE PROPHETS in the Bible.
God Means What He Says But Not According To Most Men
What else do Mormons do that’s VERY SIMILAR to all the so-called “Christians” around here?
- They like to act like God didn’t really mean what He said about preserving HIS WORDS for us.
 Psalm 12:6-7 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. 7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.
- God promises us a PERFECT BIBLE in HIS WORDS. But people won’t believe that.
- See? All you have to do is get people to doubt the words within the Bible.
- That’s the first thing Satan did to Eve? God spoke directly to Adam and Eve? His words came to them.
- But Satan goes, “ DID GOD REALLY SAY THAT? REALLY? Are you sure?”
That’s what the Mormons do. That’s what all these other churches do. “You can’t really trust the Bible.”
- “But you can trust me.” When the Bible contradicts their man-made beliefs, the Bible has an error.
- The Bible says God is three in one. “Yeah, but that contradicts my religion so the Bible is wrong.”
- Hey, wake up, that’s what all these false preachers are doing throughout this county, state, and country.
- They raise themselves up above GOD’S WORD. They say, “That’s why you all need me. PAY ME.”
- When people say the Bible has mistakes, then they can make up whatever they want.
 John 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
- If a Bible version has mistakes in the words, then it’s not the Bible. It’s not God’s word.
- You can’t find a mistake in the King James Bible. But for some reason, preachers around here HATE IT.
- JESUS SAYS, “Thy WORD is truth.” He says, “Hey, I’m telling you the truth. LISTEN.”
- Don’t be fooled by false religions. I’m glad God has preserved HIS WORDS in the King James Bible.
Putting the name Jesus in your church doesn’t make you Christian.
- Putting a big graven image of a cross on the church doesn’t make you Christian.
- God doesn’t care about those things. There’s only one thing He cares about.
- FAITH. That’s the only thing that can save you. And it better be FAITH in the right GOD.
- It can’t be a false god. Just like the baseball I could hang up on the wall and worship.
- I could have real faith that the baseball is going to save me. But is it? No, it’s just a baseball. It’s dead.
The Mormon gods are false gods. They aren’t alive. They’re fake. They aren’t going to save anyone.
- Instead of being this amazing god of another planet, reality is a BURNING FIRE AND TORMENT IN HELL.
- And look, some of these Mormons are trying. They’re deceived.
- We need to pray for all people who are being deceived in these false religions.
- I was one of those people. Somebody must have been praying for me. One day I’ll meet those people.
- Maybe one day, God will answer your prayers for those same deceived people:
- And they’ll meet you in heaven. You will get to see the results of your prayers one day.
I want to go over the Mormon’s history with you. I’ll make it a quick summary.
- Mormonism started with Joseph Smith. He was their found. He was born in 1805 in Vermont.
- His father was a treasure hunter and his mother was very superstitious.
- You can kind of see where his great imaginations comes from.
- When he was 14 years old, he went into the woods to pray.
- He says God the Father and Jesus appeared to him and spoke to him.
- When He was 17 years old, an angel named Moroni appeared to him.
The Angel Moroni = Son Of Mormon = Fairy Tale
This angel Moroni is the son of Mormon who is the leader of a people called Nephites.
- These Nephites lived in the Americas.
- This angel tells Joseph Smith that he has been chosen to translate the Book of Mormon.
- The book was written on golden plates hidden where? Right around where Joseph Smith lived.
- What a coincidence?!? He was living in New York state at the time. In 1827, he received the plates.
- And he started translating the Book of Mormon who was the leader of the Nephites.
- The Book of Mormon was published in 1830.
- During the work of translating the book, guess what happened?
JOHN THE BAPTIST appeared to Joseph Smith and chose Joseph to restore the TRUE CHURCH.
- He chose Joseph to go out and preach the gospel because it was lost from the EARTH.
- Does God ever lose the GOSPEL and HIS WORDS? No, watch this:
 1 Peter 1:25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.
- So already, people should know this Joseph Smith is a liar. Compare what he says to the TRUTH.
- The Book of Mormon is supposedly a book about people who migrated from the Middle East to the Americas.
- People from Babel were there. Some of the Jews were there. And this man named NEPHI leads them.
- After Joseph Smith finished the Book of Mormon, the religion started growing.
- Their religion is way out there. People like that kind of stiff.
Many different gods, you can become a god yourself, you can have many wives.
- Joseph Smith had 27 wives. The Mormon have been greatly persecuted over the years.
- They moved around because of persecution. They started in New York, then Ohio, then Missouri.
- And then they settled in Nauvoo, Illinois.
- It’s on the far west edge of Illinois Borders Iowa on the Mississippi River.
- Population 1,149 in 2010. So it’s way out there. That’s why they settled there.
Joseph Smith ended up in jail there for destroying a printing press.
- A mob broke into the jail and killed Joseph Smith and his brother.
- Mormons make all kinds of movies about this today, and they try to make it sound like they’re normal.
- They’re religion is not normal. It’s a huge number of imaginations from a child.
- After Joseph Smith was killed, the church split into 2 groups. We talked about those earlier.
One side went to Independence, Missouri. That was Joseph Smith’s widow.
- That was the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints or Community of Christ.
- They claim to be the TRUE CHURCH just like the Catholics.
- The other side was led by Brigham Young. They went to Utah in 1847. They founded Salt Lake City.
- Brigham Young had 25 wives. And that’s Mormons we know today.
The Mormons also used to believe that only WHITER people could be saved and gods.
- Kind of like the raven and the dove. The lighter one is better. The dark one is evil.
- That’s what they used to believe. They changed that in 1978.
- They changed polygamy or multiple wives in 1890. Or, they were asked by their President to change that.
- Some of them didn’t.
A Quick Summary Of The Mormon Religion
To close out today, I’m going to go over a quick summary of the entire Mormon religion.
- Our god today was a man from another world and lived in that other world.
- He only became a god by following all the laws and ordinances of his god in that other world.
- He brought his wife to earth. His wife was woman from the other world. She’s like a god herself.
- Presently, their god is a god of this world. He is man with a body and flesh and bones.
- In their god state, they produce SPIRIT children that grow and mature in the SPIRITUAL REALM.
- The first spirit born was Jesus. Then Lucifer or SATAN was born. Then we were all born.
- All of us pre-existed in the SPIRITUAL FORM. Then we come down and enter into babies.
- All of our memories are covered or veiled.
God of this world was concerned about all of his people. He came up with a plan to save his people.
- Jesus agreed with his plan. Satan didn’t agree. Satan became jealous and rebelled.
- He took a lot of the other spirits with him. God made those spirits into demons.
- And they can never be born into human bodies. The rest of the spirits went with god.
- Those spirits that went with god get to be born into better races and human bodies.
- If they made better choices as spirits, then they get to live in better bodies and locations.
- White bodies are better they said. They all needed a savior, though.
Jesus Christ is their savior they say, but it’s not the same Jesus. Jesus was a spirit in heaven.
- Brigham Young was the second prophet of the MORMON church.
- He said that God the Father had am intimate relationship with Mary who was his spirit daughter.
- And that produced the body of Jesus. Jesus was born. They say he got married.
- Jesus had children of his own. He died on the cross and paid for the sins.
- But it wasn’t just on the cross. It was also in the Garden of Gethsemane.
- I’m not sure where any of this comes from. This isn’t in my Bible.
Men and women can then become gods. Not all but some have that potential.
- You can have your own planet. Not really, but in their imagination they can.
- But you got to know the secret handshakes.
- I hope you’ve learned something today. Don’t listen to anyone else but the BIBLE.
- Don’t let people deceive you. Get a copy of the King James Bible. Make that your truth.
- Don’t get a copy of Kyle Idleman’s book and do your so-called Bible study.
- That’s what happened to the Mormons. TRUST GOD ALONE.
 Psalm 71:1 In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion.
- That’s the key right there for NEVER falling for a false religion. You don’t want to go there.
- Been there. Done that. NEVER again.
 Psalm 62:8 Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
- Go to God right now, and simply ask Him to save you. He’ll do it. Call upon Him. He’ll save you.