- Sermon Slides for Sermon The Worship Of Man: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon The Worship Of Man: PDF
- Audio File for Sermon The Worship Of Man: Download Audio (Right Click to Save)
 The title of the sermon: “THE WORSHIP OF MAN.”
Worship Of Man Is Great In The “Churches”
- This is a sermon that I believe needs to be preached in this day and age.
- I know that the worship of man has occurred since the beginning, but especially it is happening right now.
- And it’s especially happening throughout all of the so-called “Christian” churches.
- What is worship anyway? The sermon is about the worship of man. So, what is worship? Let’s see.
 Genesis 24:26 And the man bowed down his head, and worshipped the LORD.
 Genesis 24:48 And I bowed down my head, and worshipped the LORD, and blessed the LORD God of my master Abraham, which had led me in the right way to take my master’s brother’s daughter unto his son.
 Genesis 24:52 And it came to pass, that, when Abraham’s servant heard their words, he worshipped the LORD, bowing himself to the earth.
 Exodus 4:31 And the people believed: and when they heard that the LORD had visited the children of Israel, and that he had looked upon their affliction, then they bowed their heads and worshipped.
 Exodus 12:27 That ye shall say, It is the sacrifice of the LORD’S passover, who passed over the houses of the children of Israel in Egypt, when he smote the Egyptians, and delivered our houses. And the people bowed the head and worshipped.
- As you can see so far in the Bible, worship is defined as bowing your head or yourself to the earth.
- The definition of worship is to adore, to pay divine honors to, and to reverence with supreme respect.
- Worship means to honor with love and submission. “God, I bow my head to you.”
- “God, I get on my knees to you.” Why? Because I love you, honor you, and respect you with all that I have.
 Exodus 34:5-6 And the LORD descended in the cloud, and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the LORD. 6 And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,
 Exodus 34:7 Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children’s children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.
 Exodus 34:8-9 And Moses made haste, and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshipped. 9 And he said, If now I have found grace in thy sight, O Lord, let my Lord, I pray thee, go among us; for it is a stiffnecked people; and pardon our iniquity and our sin, and take us for thine inheritance.
- Is worshipping God the act of bowing your head or getting on your knees? No, it’s not.
- I can bow my head for the national anthem. It doesn’t mean I’m worshipping God.
- If I get on my knees, I might be installing hardwood flooring. It doesn’t mean I’m worshipping God.
- God knows your heart, your mind, and whether or not you are truly worshipping Him.
- Right there in that Scripture, Moses makes haste or hurries to worship God.
- Moses says, “Please God. Pardon our iniquity and our sin. Take us for your inheritance.”
- So, there you go. That’s how you worship God. But watch this very important command from God.
- This command is in that same chapter, Exodus Chapter 34, where we just saw Moses worship God.
 Exodus 34:12-14 Take heed to thyself, lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land whither thou goest, lest it be for a snare in the midst of thee: 13 But ye shall destroy their altars, break their images, and cut down their groves: 14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:
- Let me repeat verse 14 once again. “For thou shalt worship no other god.”
- Once you worship something else besides the one true God, you’ve made that object of worship a god.
- And God Almighty gets jealous when you worship something else besides Him.
- God tells us in the next verse what happens when we worship something else besides Him.
 Exodus 34:15-16 Lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land, and they go a whoring after their gods, and do sacrifice unto their gods, and one call thee, and thou eat of his sacrifice; 16 And thou take of their daughters unto thy sons, and their daughters go a whoring after their gods, and make thy sons go a whoring after their gods.
- When we start to worship other things but the one true God, we become whores.
- What does that mean? We go after other gods. We sacrifice unto other gods.
- We live our life for those gods. There are many gods out there right now.
Just A Few Of The “Gods” Out There Today
There are gods of football, basketball, baseball. “I MUST WATCH KENTUCKY BASKETBALL.”
- “If Kentucky wins, my whole family will have a good day. If they lose, we’ll all have a bad day.”
- I was one of those people. I allowed Kentucky Basketball to rule over my life.
- I never missed a game, and I wouldn’t miss a game. Everything else was less important.
- That’s called worshipping the stupid game of basketball. The game of basketball doesn’t breathe.
- People worship music, movies, collectibles, antiques. Riches, money, homes, cars, and boats.
Beer, wine, bourbon, vodka, and all types of alcohol. “If I can’t get my beer, we’re going to have a problem.”
- People are addicted to beer and they think they can’t live without it. There are gods of drugs.
- Prescription drugs, illegal drugs, sleeping pills. “I can’t sleep without my pills.”
- I can’t go without my drugs. “I MUST HAVE MY DRUGS.”
- There are pain medicine gods that people worship. “I’ve got to have my pain medicine.”
There are so many gods out there in this world today that people are worshipping.
- They will cry out and fall to the ground if they don’t get the food they want.
- They’ll sale their own bodies to get what they want.
- People bow down and worship statues and graven images.
- I must have missed the part in the Bible that says we must make a statue of baby Jesus.
- It must be one that looks like us too. We must put statues everywhere and bow down to those statues.
- It’s not just statues. It’s pictures of people too.
- But look, today, I don’t want to focus on those gods. I want to focus on the worship of man.
- Do people worship men and women today? Of course they do.
- And we need to make sure that we don’t follow them in doing the same thing.
- Why is that? Well, let’s see.
 Deuteronomy 4:15-16 Take ye therefore good heed unto yourselves; for ye saw no manner of similitude on the day that the LORD spake unto you in Horeb out of the midst of the fire: 16 Lest ye corrupt yourselves, and make you a graven image, the similitude of any figure, the likeness of male or female,
- God says, “MAKE SURE YOU DON’T CORRUPT YOURSELVES.”
- “Make sure you don’t make a graven image of ANY TYPE. No figure. No cross.”
- “Not the likeness of any man or any woman.”
- Not some made up image of Jesus wearing a dress and having long hair.
- That picture of Jesus was made hundreds and hundreds of years after He lived on earth.
 Deuteronomy 4:17-18 The likeness of any beast that is on the earth, the likeness of any winged fowl that flieth in the air, 18 The likeness of any thing that creepeth on the ground, the likeness of any fish that is in the waters beneath the earth:
 Deuteronomy 4:19 And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven.
- Do not worship ANY man, ANY woman, ANY likeness or figure of those men or women.
- Definitely not a picture of the pope. Definitely not a stature of Mary.
- Definitely not the actual pope in person. No beast. No fish. Not the sun. Not the moon. Not the stars.
- NOT EVEN ALL THE HOST OF HEAVEN that God created. They are all creations from THE CREATOR.
Why Worship Creation And Not “THE” Creator
Why would you want to worship another creation like you? Some people worship themselves.
- Most people take up to 8 selfies per day. They want to see themselves constantly.
- Some people get self-portraits made of themselves only and put it on the walls of their home.
- They want to see themselves and they want everyone else to know how important they are.
- They want you to see their mansion with their portraits all over the mansion.
- They like their pictures everywhere so they can get credit for everything. “Don’t forget what I did.”
 Deuteronomy 8:17-18 And thou say in thine heart, My power and the might of mine hand hath gotten me this wealth. 18 But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.
- They like to say: “I’ve done all these things. MY POWER AND MY MIGHT did all these things.”
- Pastors and preachers in churches like to do the same thing.
 Deuteronomy 8:19-20 And it shall be, if thou do at all forget the LORD thy God, and walk after other gods, and serve them, and worship them, I testify against you this day that ye shall surely perish. 20 As the nations which the LORD destroyeth before your face, so shall ye perish; because ye would not be obedient unto the voice of the LORD your God.
- God said to not do these things. He warns us to not make any graven images.
- He warns us to not bow down to anything and not to worship anything but HIM ALONE.
- HE IS GOD. He made everything that you see. He deserves the worship and no one else does.
- We are not to worship ANY MAN, but you see the worship of man more than you see the worship of God.
- And it’s not even close. And yes, we’ve all made the mistakes before. Every one of us have.
- We can’t say: “OH, I’VE NEVER DONE ANY OF THOSE THINGS.” Yes, you have.
- Even the Apostle John made the mistake. In Revelation Chapter 19, an angel is speaking to John.
 Revelation 19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
 Revelation 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
- This angel is a messenger of God. That’s the definition of an angel.
- There are different types if angels in the Bible. In this case, this is a man. This is a human angel in heaven.
- John falls down at his feet to worship this man. And he says to John, “SEE THOU DO IT NOT.”
- “Hey John, do not fall down and worship me.” The angel says, “I am just like you, John.”
- “I am your fellowservant and of your brethren. WORSHIP GOD. Don’t worship me.”
John Fell Down Before The Angel: Not Good
We have this example of John messing up right there. The angel in heaven knows better.
- He’s been there in heaven and understands. As men and women, we mess up. That angel knew better.
- “Hey don’t do that, John.” That’s a great example from the Bible.
- Don’t bow down to men and women and worship them.
- So, look where we are. Revelation Chapter 19. Let’s move to Revelation Chapter 22.
 Revelation 22:8-9 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things. 9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.
- John does it again! “I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel.” He messes up again.
- The angel corrects John once again.
- He says: “For I am they fellowservant and of thy brethren the prophets.”
- “I am just like you, John. I am simply one that keeps the sayings of this book.”
- “Worship God alone, John. Don’t fall down to me. Don’t bow down to me. I AM NOT GOD.”
- Yes, there are lots and lots of pictures within the Catholic religion of man worship.
- But do you really think they’re the only ones?
- You might say: “Well, they aren’t worshipping the man on the stage.”
- Well, it sure looks like it to me. He doesn’t have his head bowed. He isn’t on his knees.
- What about that one?
- Everyone is kneeling with their heads down and the preacher is up there above them.
- And again, all of those people would say: “We’re not worshipping that man.”
- Well, I say that you are. And do you know why? Because I know what happens in those churches.
- Everyone follows the words of that man up there and NOT the words of the Bible.
 1 Thessalonians 5:21-22 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.
- There’s no doubt that bowing down to a man up in front of you appears to be evil.
- To me, it appears to be very, very evil. To me, that’s one of the worst sins you could ever commit.
You don’t think that man feels good up there with everyone bowing down before him?
- Why are they bowing down before him? Because of his great message that he preached.
- All these people are bowing down because of his message.
- Many Baptist churches MUST do altar calls every service. They can’t stop.
- THEY NEED PEOPLE TO COME UP TO THE ALTAR. They do.
- They don’t think their message was good unless people come to the altar.
- All we should care about is the WORD OF GOD. If I preach the word of God, I don’t care what you think.
- If I preach the word of God and you don’t like it, that’s your problem. It’s not my problem.
- Those preachers love that feeling right there. They want people to come and fall down before them.
 Acts 10:24-26 And the morrow after they entered into Caesarea. And Cornelius waited for them, and had called together his kinsmen and near friends. 25 And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him. 26 But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man.
- Peter says, “HEY, STAND UP CORNELIUS. I MYSELF AM ALSO A MAN!!!”
- The Catholics say that Peter is the first Pope of the Catholic church. The real Peter says don’t bow to me.
- Their pope never tells people that. They love the pope. Do you think he’ll ever tell the people to stop.
- No way. He’ll continue to love the fame, the fortune, and the worship. He loves it.
Stop Praising Men and Women and Start Praising God
I’ve heard sermons that praise the men and the women of the Bible as if they are Jesus Christ.
- We do need to be like some of those men and women in some of the things they’ve done.
- But we don’t need to teach others to follow the men and the women of the Bible.
- Yes, we need to be more like Daniel in the Bible. But we aren’t to follow Daniel and his ways.
- Yes, we need to be more like the Apostle John but notice what he did. He messed up.
- He bowed down to worship an angel in heaven. That angel was just a man.
- The Apostle John was a sinner just like you and I. Peter was a great sinner just like you and I.
The Apostle Paul was a sinner just like you and I.
- Do you think any of those men would tell us to fall down before them?
- Let’s see what happened when men started to worship the Apostle Paul.
- There’s an exact example of this in Acts Chapter 14.
 Acts 14:8-10 And there sat a certain man at Lystra, impotent in his feet, being a cripple from his mother’s womb, who never had walked: 9 The same heard Paul speak: who stedfastly beholding him, and perceiving that he had faith to be healed, 10 Said with a loud voice, Stand upright on thy feet. And he leaped and walked.
 Acts 14:11-12 And when the people saw what Paul had done, they lifted up their voices, saying in the speech of Lycaonia, The gods are come down to us in the likeness of men. 12 And they called Barnabas, Jupiter; and Paul, Mercurius, because he was the chief speaker.
- Paul heals a crippled man. This man had never walked on his own. NEVER.
- Paul heals the man. The man leaps up and walks immediately.
- The people think that Barnabas and Paul are both gods. They call Barnabas Jupiter.
- And they call Paul Mercurius. Watch what happens next.
 Acts 14:13 Then the priest of Jupiter, which was before their city, brought oxen and garlands unto the gates, and would have done sacrifice with the people.
 Acts 14:14 Which when the apostles, Barnabas and Paul, heard of, they rent their clothes, and ran in among the people, crying out,
- Paul and Barnabas hear what is happening and they tear their clothes because they are upset.
- They run in to the people quickly and cry out.
 Acts 14:15-16 And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein: 16 Who in times past suffered all nations to walk in their own ways.
- Paul and Barnabas say: “We’re men just like you. WE ARE HUMAN.”
- “We’re telling you to NEVER do what you just did. We are not God.”
- “You need to turn from ALL OF THESE OTHER VANITIES and turn to the LIVING GOD.”
- They say, “Hey, we didn’t make heaven. We didn’t make earth. We didn’t create the sea.”
- “We didn’t create all the things within the heavens, the earth, and the sea.”
- “God allowed all of these nations in the past to walk in their own ways and not his.”
Listen, I’m telling you today that God is allowing all of this false god worship to happen.
- The Bible says so. And while it’s happening, His wrath is building. His anger is building.
- The great day of His wrath is coming. We better wake up and stop worshipping other things.
- Look, we all have those things. It might be sports, food, children, family, Dad, Mom, grandparents.
- It might be brother, sister, twin. It might be cat, dog, rabbit, fish, or any other pets.
- Yes, this is happening all around us. Wake up and take a look. We better watch out.
You Better Change Your Man Worshipping Ways FAST!!!
Why do you think Paul and Barnabas ran to those people crying out to STOP!!!
- They know God. How do they know Him? THROUGH THE SCRIPTURES. Through His indwelling Spirit.
- Do you remember Exodus Chapter 32 when Aaron made the people a molten calf to worship?
 Exodus 32:4-5 And he received them at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool, after he had made it a molten calf: and they said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt. 5 And when Aaron saw it, he built an altar before it; and Aaron made proclamation, and said, To morrow is a feast to the LORD.
 Exodus 32:6-7 And they rose up early on the morrow, and offered burnt offerings, and brought peace offerings; and the people sat down to eat and to drink, and rose up to play. 7 And the LORD said unto Moses, Go, get thee down; for thy people, which thou broughtest out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves:
 Exodus 32:8 They have turned aside quickly out of the way which I commanded them: they have made them a molten calf, and have worshipped it, and have sacrificed thereunto, and said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which have brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.
 Exodus 32:9-10 And the LORD said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people: 10 Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation.
- God says to Moses, “NOW LEAVE ME ALONE. My wrath is going to wax HOT against them.”
- “I will consume them. And I’ll replace them with you. I’ll make of you a great nation.”
- Moses had to act fast right there because God was about to destroy them all. God doesn’t waste time.
- Paul and Barnabas ran in there quickly to stop the people. Peter told Cornelius, “Don’t worship me.”
- They all said these things immediately. But not the preachers and pastors of today.
- Not the church praise team. Not the church choir. They love the praise and the worship of themselves.
- If you don’t think most of those people are worshipping the musicians, you’ve lost it.
- The Hillsong Worship team is just like the devil concerts with the devil horns.
- Look at the hat with the devil horns. People holding their fingers like devil horns.
- Look at all the people. It’s exactly like these mega churches. They are the same thing.
- Except those mega churches with these worship services are worse.
- At least the devil worshippers aren’t trying to trick you and deceive you into worshipping the devil.
- Hillsong Worship is filled with devil worshippers, but they act like they worship God. They don’t.
- They have sexual abuse, homosexuals, fraud, and pedophiles throughout that mega church.
- The pastor’s dad was a pastor who sexually abused many people throughout his life.
- Thankfully, he’s dead now so he can’t abuse any more children.
 Matthew 18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
- It’s better that that man named Frank Houston be dead than molest more children.
- That’s what the Bible teaches. In other words, God has a special part of hell saved for people like him.
- Here’s what he said in one sermon. He looked directly at a young man in the church during the sermon.
Man Worship Leads To More Evil
He says: “This curly headed young man. What a fetching young fellow he is.”
- “Curly hair sort of. Good looking. It’s not your fault you’re good looking. Thank God you are.”
- “Who wants to be ugly when you can be good looking?” SICKO.
- If you ever hear anything like that coming from a preacher, you better get out of there.
- But those same people come in to worship their false gods and throw their arms up at Hillsong Church.
- They aren’t worshipping God. They are worshipping false gods.
 1 John 5:21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.
- That’s pretty easy to understand right there. Stay away from idols. WARNING: stay away from idols!!!
- If you won’t stay away from idols, you should be ready for God’s wrath.
 Numbers 16:42-43 And it came to pass, when the congregation was gathered against Moses and against Aaron, that they looked toward the tabernacle of the congregation: and, behold, the cloud covered it, and the glory of the LORD appeared. 43 And Moses and Aaron came before the tabernacle of the congregation.
 Numbers 16:44-45 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 45 Get you up from among this congregation, that I may consume them as in a moment. And they fell upon their faces.
- When you decide to go up against God, He’ll take care of you quickly.
 Numbers 16:46 And Moses said unto Aaron, Take a censer, and put fire therein from off the altar, and put on incense, and go quickly unto the congregation, and make an atonement for them: for there is wrath gone out from the LORD; the plague is begun.
 Numbers 16:47 And Aaron took as Moses commanded, and ran into the midst of the congregation; and, behold, the plague was begun among the people: and he put on incense, and made an atonement for the people.
- If you’re hearing this today and you’ve put others things first in your life besides God, you need to turn it around QUICKLY.
- Aaron RAN so the plague would stop as soon as possible.
- False preachers continuously say: “God wouldn’t do anything like that. He wouldn’t send a plague.”
- “God wouldn’t send a sickness.” Well He did it right there. And HE DID IT QUICKLY TOO!!!
 Numbers 11:1-2 And when the people complained, it displeased the LORD: and the LORD heard it; and his anger was kindled; and the fire of the LORD burnt among them, and consumed them that were in the uttermost parts of the camp. 2 And the people cried unto Moses; and when Moses prayed unto the LORD, the fire was quenched.
- That was just some complaining that displeased God. COMPLAINING. And guess what?
- Complaining isn’t the first commandment of God. Do you know what the first commandment is?
 Exodus 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
- But what are the churches doing today? They are putting everything else above God.
- They worship the men and women within the church. THE PASTOR is “THE” authority. Not God.
- It’s all about THE PASTOR.
 Numbers 14:11-12 And the LORD said unto Moses, How long will this people provoke me? and how long will it be ere they believe me, for all the signs which I have shewed among them? 12 I will smite them with the pestilence, and disinherit them, and will make of thee a greater nation and mightier than they.
- How long are these people going to continue to provoke God? God warns: “My wrath is coming.”
- Do you know what I’ve personally heard in churches that I’ve attended?
- I’ve heard people get so excited when they talk about Kyle Idleman the false preacher at Southeast Christian Church.
Their eyes light up. “Hey, you should go buy his book. It is great. It is amazing. Oh, he is so great!!!”
- I’m not joking about this. Did you know I never saw those same people get excited about God’s word?
- Kyle Idleman is so great, but what about God? Do you even realize the difference?
- Kyle Idleman is NOTHING compared to God. None of us are ANYTHING compared to God.
- But these false preachers get this following of people who will buy anything and everything they say.
- And they always have books to sell you. They are always profiting from people who seek God.
- Those same people don’t realize what’s happening. Here’s what’s happening.
 2 Peter 2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.
- Kyle Idleman loves the worship he receives from people. That’s what keeps him going.
- He’s making merchandise out of the people who are looking for God.
He talks about the Gospel in his sermons. He mentions the name of Jesus.
- But He doesn’t understand the Gospel at all. And he doesn’t understand Jesus Christ.
- He tells lies about the Gospel. He teaches people they must be baptized to be saved.
- They must be a follower of Jesus Christ their entire life. THEY MUST CHANGE DRAMATICALLY.
- They must be more like him because he is a great example of a follower of Jesus.
- That’s what he’s saying. That’s what he’s teaching all of them. Why? So they’ll follow him.
- And that’s what they do. He’s teaching them to be followers of men and worship men.
“You MUST Read This Other Book That’s Not The Bible”
A man that came to my house once for a campout told me that I MUST read the 9MARKS.
- I have to understand how to build a healthy church.
- He wanted me to go buy all these books written by man. Hey, I don’t need those books.
- This is a man who trained at a seminary. What are they teaching them there? To worship man.
- That’s what you’ll find leading all of the churches. GO TAKE A LOOK.
- For example, I watched a video trying to sell their books on a website.
- They don’t want you reading the Bible. They want you reading their books.
I questioned a pastor one time about why we MUST be Baptist. What’s so great about the Baptist denomination.
- What does he do? He doesn’t get out the Bible and show me why being Baptist is so great.
- He couldn’t because it’s not in there. It’s not there. God doesn’t tell us to be Baptist.
- Do you know what that pastor does? He gives me a book written by man to read.
- And he thinks that I’m going to spend my time reading about how great the Baptist are.
- THE TRAIL OF BLOOD.
I would take a guess that more Baptist have read that book than Baptist who have read the Bible through.
- I don’t need to read a book written by a Baptist telling me how great the Baptist are.
- That’s a sign right there that those people worship something other than GOD ALMIGHTY.
- That’s the same church that has an effeminate man leading the song services.
- That’s the same effeminate man going in the Sunday School class and locking the doors with the little boys.
- That’s the same effeminate man who drives the school bus with those children whose parents could care less about them.
 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
- Watch out for the effeminate men. What’s that mean? EFFEMINATE?
- Having qualities of the female. Soft, delicate to an unmanly degree, tender, womanish.
- Womanlike. Weak. TO UNMAN. To grow womanish or weak. To melt in weakness.
- That’s the definition of effeminate in the dictionary. I didn’t make that up.
- You must watch out and be careful in this world. Watch out in the churches especially. Be careful.
- Make sure they aren’t worshipping other gods. Make sure they aren’t putting man above God.
- Make sure they aren’t worshipping something else other than God.
If a preacher discourages you in any way from reading the word of God, you need to get away from that preacher.
- “Hey, you should read my book. You can read the Bible some other time. My book is better.”
- “My book summarizes things way better than God’s word. You should buy it.”
- “Well, how about give you one copy. Just make sure you spread the word about my book.”
- Churches hire business managers. The foundation of these false churches is BUSINESS.
- It’s not God. They don’t care about God. They’re evil. What do they care about?
 1 Timothy 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
- They don’t care about you no matter how many times they say, “WE LOVE EVERYONE.”
- No, they don’t love you. They love money. They are evil. Go to Kyle Idleman’s website.
- He’ll tell you how great he is and he’ll sell you his books. Go take a look.
- Go to any of those false preacher’s websites. They’ll sell you book. They’ll sell you anything.
- They obviously can’t hear God’s words. He has shut their eyes so they cannot hear.
- He has shut their eyes so they cannot see.
 John 2:12-14 After this he went down to Capernaum, he, and his mother, and his brethren, and his disciples: and they continued there not many days. 13 And the Jews’ passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem, 14 And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting:
 John 2:15-16 And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers’ money, and overthrew the tables; 16 And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father’s house an house of merchandise.
- You don’t turn God into a way of making money. Don’t use God for your love of money.
- Those same men want people to worship them. THEY ARE EVIL MEN. THEY ARE EVIL WOMEN.
- Jesus got mad right there. Those same false preachers will say: “God’s not angry with you.”
- “God loves you no matter what. He would never get angry with you.”
 Deuteronomy 7:4 For they will turn away thy son from following me, that they may serve other gods: so will the anger of the LORD be kindled against you, and destroy thee suddenly.
- If you don’t think God gets angry, then you haven’t touched the Bible AT ALL.
- If you say God doesn’t get angry, then I immediately know that you haven’t studied the Bible at all.
- HEY, IT’S EVERYWHERE. And why does God get angry most of the time? Because people are going after other gods.
False Preachers Are “Gods” To Their Followers
These false preachers are gods to their followers. We cannot follow man AT ALL.
- You might say: “Well he’s doing good work. He’s doing a good job. He’s really helped me a lot.”
- Okay, listen, keep on and God will have to wake you up. You don’t want that.
- LISTEN, there is no man you should follow because all of us will fail you. Understand that.
MOSES FAILED THE PEOPLE. And he did a good job, but he was a man. He didn’t get to enter the promised land.
- We are not to follow ANY MAN. We are not to follow the Apostle Paul. We are not to follow Mary.
- We are not to follow Daniel, Job, Samuel, David. David was a man after the Lord’s own heart.
- Do you want to follow David? Is there a pastor in today’s world that’s better than David?
- David had a man killed. David stole Uriah’s wife. David committed adultery with Bathsheba, Uriah’s wife.
Do you think you would do better following David or Kenneth Copeland? David or Benny Hinn?
- Let me tell you right now, you would do better following David 100% without a doubt.
- But, do you think his followers would tell you that? What about Kyle Idleman’s followers?
- They think he’s the best thing that ever happened.
- And let’s say you decide to follow David over the others. Guess what? YOU WILL FAIL.
- David FAILED. Every man and every woman in this BIBLE FAILED.
- Why in the world would you want to worship them and follow them?
- All of the men and women in this world can’t get you to heaven. They can take you to hell with them, though.
But do you know who won’t fail you? JESUS CHRIST. God Almighty. The Holy Spirit. They won’t fail you
- NOT EVEN ONCE will they fail you. Me? I’ll fail you often. All of you? You’ll fail me often.
- But God? He won’t. Do you think He tells you to worship Him because He wants everything for Himself?
- No, that’s not the reason. He already has everything for Himself. He is God.
- He commands you to worship Him for your own good. Worship something else and you will die.
- That something else is not good for you. Those men and women who trick you and deceive you?
- Hey, they HATE YOU!!! They do not love you. If they loved you, they would tell you to follow God.
- And they wouldn’t trick you into following them.
 Titus 3:3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.
- Let’s not be deceived any more. Do you know how to not be deceived?
- You get your Bible out, and you keep it out. Don’t put it away. Don’t leave it in the car.
- Don’t leave it at home. READ IT, STUDY IT. That’s the only way. PRAY TO GOD. Trust God alone.
 Titus 3:4-5 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, 5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
 Titus 3:6-7 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; 7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
- Jesus is the only one who can save you so you better get to worshipping Him.
- Get HIS WORDS out and read them. Stop listening to these false preachers who crave your worship.
- Don’t give them that satisfaction AT ALL. Instead, worship God.
 1 Corinthians 14:25 And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.
- Fall down on your face and worship God. Don’t do that for anyone else EVER. They don’t deserve it.
- But God does deserve it. He made you. Remember that. You’re alive because of Him.
- And you’ll only receive everlasting because of Him. Now that’s someone you should worship.
- And you can find out everything you want to know about Him in one book called the King James Bible.
- If you love Him, you’ll want to see what He has to say. And it’s amazing.
- You’ll never get bored of His words.