- Sermon Slides for Sermon True Gospel of Jesus Christ: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon True Gospel of Jesus Christ: PDF
 The title of the sermon today is the “TRUE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST.”
Introduction To The Truth About Jesus
- I want to share the True Gospel of Jesus Christ with you today.
- This is THE Gospel that many “christian” denominations don’t believe.
- This is the Gospel from the Bible, the word of God.
- If we don’t believe what God says, then we aren’t Christians and we aren’t going to heaven.
- It’s time to put away the man-made religions and get back to what God says.
We fall for man-made religion because we are listening to the men and women of this world and not the Bible.
- We must be reading our Bible in order to get this right.
- And this is something we better get right because this determines if we go to heaven or hell when we die.
- We cannot rely on churches to save us. We cannot rely on anyone to save us.
- Your dad, mom, husband, wife, sister, brother, and especially your church can’t save you.
- It’s up to you and you alone to believe what God says.
I want to ask you if you died today, would you go to heaven or hell? Those are the only 2 destinations.
- So you might not be worried about dying right now, but we can be taken any minute of the day.
- Over 151,000 people die each day. Over 6,300 people die each hour. Over 100 people die each minute.
- We have no clue when we’re going to die, so we better get this right and we better do it now.
- We don’t need to be unsure of where we’re going when we die. The Bible tells us we can be sure.
- So today, let’s find out how to be sure we’re going to heaven when we die.
- The answers come straight from the word of God.
Please hear this today as the Gospel of Jesus Christ is THE most important thing you’ll ever hear.
- Nothing else comes close. And many of us haven’t gotten the true Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- And we haven’t received the Gospel because so many people have perverted this Gospel.
- People who are teaching others the Bible better know the Bible.
- We can’t teach people the Bible if we don’t know the Bible. So we better get to it.
TV, churches, preachers, the thousands of different Bible versions w/ new revisions and changes over and over, the over 30,000 different Christian denominations, schools, songs, seminaries, colleges, sayings.
- Man with the powers of darkness have perverted the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the word of God.
- All of this enters us throughout our life and has changed God’s Word and God’s message to us.
- We listen to man more than the word of God! It’s time to change that.
Perversions Of The Gospel
- This man accepted the teachings of his Sunday school teachers until he was 12.
- He says this in his writings:
“This uncritical attitude could not last long, for it was contrary to the very nature of my being. I had always been the questioning and precocious type. At the age of 13, I shocked my Sunday School class by denying the bodily resurrection of Jesus. From the age of 13 on doubts began to spring forth unrelentingly.”
- This man never believed that Jesus was God. This man was Martin Luther King Jr.
- And the world loves him and follows his teaching.
This man wants a one world religion and participates in multi-faith prayers with different religions all over the world.
- He said this: “We need to remember that we are followers of Jesus Christ and His life, humanly speaking, ended in failure, the failure of the cross.”
- He also says “sinning souls disappear but hell doesn’t exist.”
- This man was Pope Francis.
- Christ’s ultimate triumph was called a failure by this evil man and tells people hell doesn’t exist.
- And the world loves him and follows his teaching.
- On May 31st, 1997 this man said this:
“He’s calling people out of the world for His name, whether they come from the Muslim world, of the Buddhist world, or the Christian world, or the non-believing world, they are members of the body of Christ because they’ve been called by God. They may not even know the name of Jesus but they know in their hearts that they need something they don’t have, and they turn to the only light they have, and I think they are saved, and that they’re going to be with us in heaven.”
- So this man says non-believers in Jesus Christ will make it to heaven.
- This man was Billy Graham. And the world loves him and follows his teaching.
 Luke 6:25-26 Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep. Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.
- Churches all over this county, state, and country teach their members that they don’t have eternal life.
- They teach them that they have to keep working for it.
- They teach that the gift of eternal life isn’t a gift even though the Bible clearly says that it is.
- If you have to keep working for eternal life, when do you get it? At the end of your life? Later?
- People are confused all over the world because this makes no sense.
- The Bible never says anything like this.
Yet, all of the so-called christian churches are sending people to hell because they have perverted the true Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Are these people working for satan? Of course they are. Are they doing it purposely? I sure hope not.
- If they teach against the word of God, they must be working for Satan.
- There’s no other conclusion there. And we aren’t going to help satan pervert God’s words any more.
God’s Word Will Never Change
- But know today, that the Gospel message has been the same and it will never change.
- No man or creation will EVER be able to destroy God’s true message to us.
 Psalm 12:6-7 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. 7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.
 Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
 1 Peter 1:25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.
- The word Gospel means GOOD NEWS! This is Good News from God, the Almighty Creator!
- When good news comes from the Almighty GOD, you can bet this is GOOD NEWS!!!
 Mark 1:15 The time is fulfilled, and the Kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the Gospel.
- Today, change your mind and believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Maybe you’re thinking, what’s the Gospel of Jesus Christ? Do you know what it is?
- Let’s talk about it right now so you know the truth.
The Record Of Jesus Christ
- Let’s go over the record of Jesus Christ first.
- Jesus is the Son of God, and He is God. He is not God the Father, and He is not God the Holy Ghost.
- Jesus is the Son of God, and He is God. He is eternal.
 John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
 1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
- Jesus, the Son of God and the Word of God, made Himself of no reputation, became a servant, and was made in the likeness of men.
- He was obedient to the Father unto death on the cross and at all times.
 Luke 22:39-44 And he came out, and went, as he was wont, to the mount of Olives; and his disciples also followed him. And when he was at the place, he said unto them, Pray that ye enter not into temptation. And he was withdrawn from them about a stone’s cast, and kneeled down, and prayed, Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done. And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him. And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground. And when he rose up from prayer, and was come to his disciples, he found them sleeping for sorrow, And said unto them, Why sleep ye? rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation.
- Jesus was conceived of the Holy Ghost. His mother was Mary and His Father is God.
- Jesus became hungry, tired, thirsty, He marveled, and He cried just like us!
- Jesus was tempted by Satan and man. Jesus never sinned. He is eternally perfect.
 Matthew 1:20-21 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
- Jesus willfully went to the Cross and obeyed His Father in heaven.
- He made Himself lower so He could become the ultimate sacrifice for ANYONE and ALL who choose to believe on Him.
- He is THE ONLY ONE that could be this sacrifice.
- Jesus knew no sin yet took it all so you and I can be forgiven of our sins and receive the greatest gift in existence: GOD’S GIFT!!!
Jesus died on the cross, His body was buried, and His soul went to hell.
- Jesus went to hell so He could defeat death and hell. And He did just that.
- He arose from the dead VICTORIOUS in HIS BODY! Without that victory, we have no victory.
- Without His sacrifice, we do not have life everlasting.
- But, KNOW TODAY that we have victory because Jesus arose victorious.
- You see: This is GOOD NEWS for US!
Jesus, after His bodily resurrection, was on Earth for 40 days.
- There were over 500 witnesses AT ONE TIME to the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- He showed Himself to select people to be witnesses. He ate and He drank in His Body.
- Death lost. Period.
 John 20:27-29 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. 29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
- Will you be blessed today because you have not seen but believe?
- We say today: “My Lord and My God” just as Thomas said that day.
- Jesus then ascended into heaven to be with His Father in heaven.
 Mark 16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, He was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
- So Jesus ascended into heaven and is there on the right hand of God the Father today.
- He left us here, but He didn’t leave us alone.
- He gave us something AMAZING if we simply believe what He says is true.
- He’ll give you the Holy Spirit of God today RIGHT NOW if you choose to accept the true Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- And He will give you life everlasting if you simply believe what He says.
 John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you forever;
 John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send Him unto you.
- Jesus ascended into heaven but left us the Holy Spirit (the Comforter) to dwell with us and in us forever.
- Jesus said the word forever. Remember that. Forever means never ending!
So that was the record of Jesus Christ:
- He was born of a virgin and concevied of the Holy Spirit, He lived a sinless life, He never sinned and never did anything wrong.
- Jesus died on the Cross. His body was buried. His soul went to hell. Jesus arose from the grave in His body.
- He went through all of this not to pay for His sin as He had no sin.
- He died for you and I to forgive ALL of our sins.
- And He will forgive all your sin (past, present, future) if you simply accept the true Gospel of Jesus Christ.
The 2 Destinations After Death
- There are 2 places you can go when you die. Heaven or hell.
- For those who don’t accept the True Gospel of Jesus Christ, you go to hell.
- For those who accept the True Gospel of Jesus Christ, you go to heaven. It’s that simple.
- This is what the Bible says.
- As my girls have pointed this out to me, God wouldn’t have made hell if no one was going.
God is the GREAT DIVIDER. He will divide all who have sin from those who have no sin.
- He will send the first group with sin to hell, and the second group with no sin to heaven.
- If you have sin, you go to hell. If you have no sin, you go to heaven.
Do you believe that most people go to heaven or most people go to hell?
- In this world today, I always hear that God is a loving God, and He wouldn’t send people to hell for eternal torment.
- You see: that’s another one of those perversions of God’s Word. That’s a lie and pure evil.
- He clearly gives us the way, and if we reject that way, we go to hell.
- He’s made it very easy and simple for us to be saved. We won’t believe that it’s so easy and simple.
- We reject God’s way of getting there because we don’t believe what He says!
 Matthew 7:13-14 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
- So Jesus tells us that most people go to hell. Hear that today. The path to heaven is narrow.
- And this is narrow because men have perverted the Gospel of Jesus Christ and Jesus is the only way.
- So hear this today because THIS is the important part.
- We must get this right, and we must have the right Jesus.
The True Gospel Of Jesus Christ In 6 Steps
- Here are 6 STEPS you need to understand right now (not tomorrow, not next week, not 5 or 10 years from now BUT RIGHT NOW):
 STEP 1: Every person who has ever lived besides Jesus, including you and I, is a sinner. You must know that you are a sinner and admit that you are a sinner. Confess that you are a sinner right now.
 Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
 Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
 Mark 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
- Know this: You and I are sinners, and we will continue to sin in our bodies for the rest of our lives.
- You can do your absolute best to live a sinless life (and you should give it your best) but this will never happen.
- You and I are sinners. Our flesh or body sins and our sinful flesh is a part of us until the day we die.
Sinning is not just doing something against the law of God, but it’s also NOT doing something He asks us to do.
- In other words, we sin each and every day throughout the day and will never be able to stop sinning in our flesh.
- A single bad thought is a sin. You will never be perfect on your own so don’t think you have to live perfectly to make it to heaven.
- If you had to live perfect, you would NEVER make it. But see: It’s not about YOU!
- There’s only one way and that’s why it’s narrow.
- One path to get there, and it’s a straight path and it’s easy to find. That path is Jesus of Nazareth.
 John 19:19 And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross. And the writing was, JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS.
 Ecclesiastes 7:20 For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.
 Romans 7:18-19 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. 19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
- Paul admits that he continues to sin. He confesses this to us over and over again.
- Paul speaks truth through the Holy Spirit.
 1 John 1:8-10 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
- In other words, it’s impossible to stop sinning in our flesh. This is who we are and what we do.
- We only deceive ourselves if we think we do not sin.
- Step 1 is to understand that you and I are sinners.
- People should not look at me or look at you for righteousness.
- Only GOD is righteous, and we are only righteous through Jesus ALONE who is GOD.
- This is what the Bible says.
 STEP 2: There is a great penalty for sin. Every man and woman who has ever lived deserves to go to Hell. We don’t follow God’s law so Hell is what we deserve.
- God created all things including hell. God runs hell. God presides over hell. Satan does not.
- God is ALL POWERFUL meaning He has POWER over ALL THINGS!
 Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
- God is love and He has loved all people, but He also HATES evil and wickedness and won’t/can’t be around it.
- The Bible tells us this over and over again.
- But man chooses to accept some parts of God’s Word and not other parts. We will not do that here.
- We will take all of God’s word.
 Proverbs 6:16-19 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: 17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, 18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, 19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
- God hates sin and will send everyone who doesn’t accept Jesus as their ONLY savior to hell.
 Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
 Revelation 20:14-15 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
 Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
- So we all deserve hell because we all have lied.
- And we’ve all done far worse than that, but God is telling us that a lie is enough to send us to hell.
- God hates a lying tongue. I deserve hell and you deserve hell. Understand that today.
- We’ve earned hell through the sins we commit.
 STEP 3: Jesus came to Earth to become a sacrifice for our sins and to save us from our sins.
- Jesus came to die for you and I and to sacrifice Himself for you and I.
- He is THE ONLY worthy sacrifice to pay for all sins of all time.
- He is the only one who could do it, and He did!
- And the amazing part is that He didn’t have to do it, and yet He did it for the worst of all people.
- He gives ALL people the opportunity to be saved.
 Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
 1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
- Once we accept Jesus as OUR ONLY SAVIOR (And I stress JESUS AS OUR ONLY SAVIOR), our sin is no longer counted to our soul.
- Our sin is dead and does not live in our soul any longer.
- Our flesh continues to sin, but is now separate from our soul all because of the sacrifice that Jesus made.
- This is not a fairy tale or a story. Jesus died on the cross and arose from the dead.
- He has POWER over death!
Jesus could have quit at any time and said these people aren’t worth this.
- And I wouldn’t have blamed Him knowing myself.
- A single thought from Jesus would have ended it, but yet He does not sin, and stayed 100% perfectly obedient to the will of His Father!
- Wow. Not even one bad thought came from Jesus.
He was spit on, slashed, whipped, stabbed, ridiculed, mocked, nails driven through His body, and much more.
- If someone spits on me, a bad thought or even an action is surely to come.
- And I’m sure you would do the same. But not from Jesus. That’s amazing. He continued on for us.
- You see: I would have quit. You would have quit. But Jesus never quits. He is the ROCK!
- All because of His great love for you and I.
 1 Peter 2:6-10 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded. 7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, 8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed. 9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: 10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.
- Know that Jesus died for you. He came to save you. Yet, people reject Him over and over again.
- That hurts Him, and we should not want to hurt Jesus, the Son of God.
- You may think you have accepted Him, but have you accpeted Him FULLY as YOUR ONE AND ONLY SAVIOR?
- This is what it takes to be saved!
NEXT is where the GREAT perversion and corruption of the Gospel begins by religions of this world.
- The leader of this perversion is satan himself as he’s a tricky and evil little creature.
- And surely this next part has been perverted because THIS is THE MOST IMPORTANT part for you to understand:
 STEP 4: You MUST believe on Jesus as your ONLY way to heaven. Jesus is the ONLY way. It’s not YOU. It’s not what you do, it’s not a Holy Life that you live, it’s not your good works, and it doesn’t depend on YOU AT ALL. This is the entire point of the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- The ONLY way for you to be saved from all your sins (past, present, and future) is to believe that THE Jesus Christ AND ONLY JESUS CHRIST has the power to save you from your sins.
- You accept Jesus Christ as YOUR LORD and YOUR SAVIOR, and you shall be saved from all your sins.
- Believe on the name of Jesus to save you, and He will do just that.
- When you do so, He is NOW the LORD of YOUR LIFE.
- God has PURCHASED YOU and you are now HIS POSSESSION!!!
- No one and nothing can steal you away from God Almighty! God has you! This is what He says!
You See: This is THE ONLY WAY TO HEAVEN.
- Only the people who put 100% of their faith on Jesus Christ will be saved.
- 80% Jesus and 20% You doesn’t cut it.
- 99.9999% on Jesus and 0.0001% on You isn’t going to get you there. It’s all Jesus or nothing.
- When you put faith in yourself to DO SOMETHING to earn your way to heaven, this means JESUS is NOT the LORD of YOUR LIFE!!!
You can’t earn your way into heaven!!! If we had to earn our way, we wouldn’t make it!!!
- Heaven would be empty. When you rely on yourself at all, you are minimizing the sacrifice that Jesus made.
- You’re spitting in His face. Don’t spit in the face of Jesus. God says Jesus paid it ALL.
In Matthew 6:24 Jesus Says: “No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.”
- When Paul and Silas were in prison in the Book of Acts, a great earthquake suddenly came and all the doors were opened and the chains were loosed, and the keeper of the prison awoke and was afraid because he thought all the prisoners were gone.
- That prison keeper fell down before Paul and Silas and said: “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”
 Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
 John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
 John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
- Notice the Bible doesn’t say you have to go to Church, it doesn’t say you have to be baptized, it doesn’t say you have to live a holy life, it doesn’t say you have to stop sinning, it doesn’t say you have to continuously ask for forgiveness of everything you do wrong each day.
- That’s because all of that depends on you to do it and not Jesus. Jesus already did the work!!!
- The Holy Spirit will work within you ONCE you believe what God says!
- The Holy Spirit will guide you and lead you into repentance of sin. God does the work. Jesus is the way.
- Allow God to work in you by believing what He says.
This shows the MIGHTY POWER that God has and shows how AMAZING He is. He’s done it all for us.
- All you have to do is simply believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ (his death, burial, and resurrection) and know that Jesus is THE ONLY one who can cover all your sins.
- Jesus is the only way to heaven.
- It’s not a Holy Life that gets you there, it’s not YOU ceasing to live in sin (because you can’t and if you believe you can then you don’t believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ), and it’s nothing else but Jesus.
- If you think it’s anything else other than Jesus, you won’t make it. This is what the Bible says!
 Matthew 7:21-23 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
- The people in Matthew 7:21-23 confessed Jesus with their mouth and did wonderful works, but they NEVER believed on Jesus and Jesus says HE NEVER knew them.
- They didn’t lose their salvation. They never had salvation.
- You MUST believe on Jesus Christ 100% to save you.
- Your wonderful works won’t gain you salvation because you can’t gain it.
- There is no amount of good works you can do to gain SUCH A GIFT!
You see, you can trust Jesus with your life! You can’t trust yourself, can you?
- Putting trust in yourself is not good news! We do things that we never thought we would do.
- This means we can’t trust ourselves. That’s why Jesus is the Rock.
- We build our home on the rock and not on the sand. We are the sand. Jesus is the rock. This is good news!
- He made it through the cross. You can trust HIM who made it through the cross.
- Death could not defeat our Lord and Savior!
 STEP 5: The gift of eternal life is yours at the moment you believe on Jesus Christ! And once you believe, you have received eternal life! You got it! And guess what? You can’t lose it! Did you hear the word the Bible uses over and over: eternal – everlasting? God said you have eternal life. Don’t make God a liar. Wow, it’s like we don’t want to take the gift of eternal life!!! This is how the Gospel has been perverted!!!
 1 John 5:10-13 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. 11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. 13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
- Notice that once you believe on the Son of God, you HAVE IT! You don’t get it in the future.
- You don’t lose it. You don’t re-gain it because of something you do because YOU CAN’T EARN IT with anything YOU do!!!
- Once you HAVE IT, you HAVE IT! The Bible is very clear on this. This is NOT a gray area.
- God tells us over and over again and could not be more clear.
That’s it. Believe on Jesus 100% to save you and you have eternal life. What a gift!!!
- It’s so easy and “Christians” all over this country and all over the world just don’t get it.
- We have to open our eyes. Once you got it, you got it.
- Nothing you can do, nothing you can work, is going to get it for you or keep it for you. It’s all on Jesus.
- This once again shows the GREATNESS OF GOD.
Don’t fall for ANY OTHER perversion of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The true Gospel of Jesus Christ is GOOD NEWS for YOU!
- Once you have eternal life, there is nothing you can do to lose it.
- If you could, it wouldn’t be eternal life and God would be a liar. He says so in the Bible.
- These are not my words. They are His words, and His words are pure power.
- He says if you do not believe I have given you eternal life through my Son, you have made me a liar.
- Make God a liar and you will be in hell. Don’t do that! It’s all in the word: “ETERNAL.”
- If you could lose it, it wouldn’t be eternal and it wouldn’t be good news!!!
- The Bible never says you can lose it, get it back, lose it, get it back, lose it, get it back. Never once.
- No where. Doesn’t exist. This would contradict the entire Bible!
If you believe you have to do something to keep the gift of eternal life, then you’re depending on YOURSELF.
- Do you see? It’s not about you. You can’t depend on yourself to make it to heaven.
- You won’t make it depending on yourself! This is the man building his house on sand.
- You will sink straight down to hell. Depend on NOTHING else BUT JESUS.
- Nothing but the blood of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
You don’t lose eternal life, then get it back because you ask for forgiveness, then lose it again because you did something stupid, then get it back once you go to church, then lose it the next hour because you had a bad thought, and then ask for forgiveness and get it back again.
- You see: all of that depends on YOU!
- You won’t make it if it depends on you doing things to keep it or get it back!!!
- This would not be good news.
 STEP 6: And the last thing I want you to remember is this: This is a gift from God. This is how you remember the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
 Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Grace = you get something you don’t deserve
Faith = to believe
Not of yourselves = it doesn’t depend on you
Gift = you don’t work for a gift
Not of works = NOT OF WORKS!!!
 James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
- This means faith without works exists, but it’s dead. A dead tree is still there.
- It’s not growing, it’s not producing any fruit, it’s dead.
- Faith without works gets you into heaven because FAITH stands alone, but faith alone doesn’t get you any rewards in heaven.
- Faith punches your ticket.
 Romans 3:26-28 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. 27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
 Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
- Works gets you rewards in heaven and perfects your faith so YES we should be dong them!
- Works justify your faith before man. If I look at you, I cannot see your faith in God.
- I can only see what you do. God can see your faith because HE IS GOD.
- Works only justifies you before man. Faith justifies you before God.
Doing works for God are a GREAT thing to do, and we should be doing these good works each day.
- Never does the Bible say that you need works to make it into heaven!
- There are hundreds of verses saying what I’ve told you today. And it’s this:
- The gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ Our Lord. The Bible calls this a GIFT FROM GOD.
- So once we believe 100% on Jesus Christ, we have the gift of eternal life.
A gift is not something you work for but something that is given to you.
- If I said I was going to give you this great gift, but I need you to work for it first, it wouldn’t be a gift.
- The person receiving a gift doesn’t pay for it or it’s not a gift. Someone else pays for the gift.
- If I ask you to work for it or pay for it or do something to earn it, it’s not a gift.
- God Himself says eternal life is a GIFT OF GOD!
- God’s telling you that you don’t have to WORK to receive this AMAZING gift! Wow. He’s done it all.
A gift costs the person who is giving the gift. Jesus paid the price for this gift.
- Every sin you have ever committed and will commit has been paid for already once you believe on the name of Jesus Christ.
- And you can have that gift that is eternal that is everlasting right now! It doesn’t matter your age.
- It doesn’t matter who you are, where you came from, or what you’ve done.
- If you are capable of believing what God says, you can be saved right now and take that gift of God that He promised to you and to I.
And you do not lose that gift. God doesn’t take a gift back! If I gave you a great gift, would I come to you and say:
- “Oh, sorry, I’m going to need that back!” Of course not.
- The decision has already been made to give the gift. God NEVER says He will take the gift back.
- He says over and over again that you HAVE received eternal life. You don’t get in the future.
- You don’t gain it through works. You HAVE it the moment you put your faith in Jesus Christ.
 John 10:23-30 And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon’s porch. 24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly. 25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father’s name, they bear witness of me. 26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and my Father are one.
- And you better believe when you’re in God’s hands that you will NEVER get out. This is GOOD NEWS!
- When God says NO MAN shall pluck you out of His hand, you better believe that means YOU TOO!
- You can’t lose your salvation. You can’t work your way out of it.
This is what God says. You either believe what God says, or you don’t.
- If you don’t, your destination is eternal hell and eternal damnation. You don’t want to go there.
- Fear God because He can kill both your body and your soul in hell.
- This is what He says, and this is what He will do if you choose to make Him a liar. Don’t make God a liar.
- Believe what He says because you can trust Him with everything you have.
The entire Bible points to this TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ and once you got it, you got it and the words of the Bible make more and more sense to you when you read them.
- This is because you have the Holy Spirit of God.
- The TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ is THE ONLY WAY to receive the Holy Spirit.
- Believe on Jesus Christ the Son of God to save you, and it’s yours.
- Do this today and you are signed, sealed, and delivered to Jesus Christ. Choose Him today. Be sealed.
 Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
- You are sealed. God doesn’t have leaks. God says you are sealed with the Holy Spirit.
- God says you have eternal life. Man says you don’t. God says you do.
- I’ll take what God says over any word of man. God says ETERNAL LIFE doesn’t end at ANY TIME.
- This changes everything for you! Thank you God for this gift. We accept it now.
What Do We Now?
- To close today, I want to ask you the question:
- What do we do now that we are saved and have the gift of eternal life?
- What do we do now that we fully understand the true Gospel of Jesus Christ?
This is where unsaved people get it all wrong.
- This is where you might hear that we need to just sit back, relax, and have other people watch how we live now and to look at us and our life.
- Let’s have people see how much better we are now than them. They will want to be like us!
- This is WRONG and EVIL teaching. We are not good. The Bible says so. Only God is good.
- Saved people are only good through Jesus Christ. It’s not us. We are going to mess up.
- People don’t need to watch me OR you.
- People aren’t watching me and trying to figure out what changed me. THEY DON’T CARE!
- I’m not going to sit back and hope that people notice me and my life and how great I am.
- This is what so-called “Christians” today think we should be doing. WRONG!
 Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
- So the Bible says are righteousness is like filthy rags before God.
- The things we do will NEVER earn us righteousness in front of God. It’s ONLY through Jesus Christ.
- Now that we are saved by grace through faith in OUR LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST, we are to be baptized and we are to go out and share the good news.
- Sharing the good news is the first and greatest work that we can do.
- If we do not have faith, there are no good works but sin only.
- If we try to do good works without faith, they will NEVER be good works.
 Romans 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
- Once you understand that all you need to do is believe on Jesus Christ to save you, you’ll want to get it out to everyone you know.
- You’ll want to share this GOOD NEWS. So, that’s the next step.
- This is the good works we are supposed to be doing.
 Mark 6:7-11 And he called unto him the twelve, and began to send them forth by two and two; and gave them power over unclean spirits; 8 And commanded them that they should take nothing for their journey, save a staff only; no scrip, no bread, no money in their purse: 9 But be shod with sandals; and not put on two coats. 10 And he said unto them, In what place soever ye enter into an house, there abide till ye depart from that place. 11 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.
 Acts 20:20 And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house,
 Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
- So I’ll end today with our next step:
- We are going to go into this community and preach the Gospel to everyone that we can.
- And we won’t stop preaching the Gospel until the time that God has appointed us to stop.
- When do we stop preaching the Gospel? Let’s see what Jesus tells us to do.
 Matthew 28:18-20 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
- Jesus has commanded us to teach and preach His Gospel until the end. We don’t stop. We don’t quit.
- I hope you’ll join me in doing what God commands us to do.
 John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
 John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love.
- Let’s do what Jesus asks us to do because HE HAS GIVEN US the greatest gift in existence. It’s free.
- He said HERE IT IS, TAKE IT. Will He take the gift away if we don’t do what He says? No.
- But why shouldn’t we give it all we got since He loves us?
- Let’s do our absolute best to do what He asks us to do.