- Sermon Slides for Sermon Where Is Your Loyalty? Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon Where Is Your Loyalty? PDF
- Audio MP3 for Sermon Where Is Your Loyalty? Audio
- Video MP4 for Sermon Where Is Your Loyalty? Video
 The title of the sermon: “WHERE IS YOUR LOYALTY?”
What Is Loyalty?
- What is loyalty? Some definitions say firm and constant support or allegiance to something.
- Loyalty is faithful adherence to something. The word faithful is in the definition of loyalty.
- I see a lot of loyalty to many different things in this world.
- Some people actually make loyalty to specific things their god. I “WAS” loyal to Kentucky basketball.
- I wouldn’t miss a game for anything until I realized how ignorant I was. It’s a game. It’s a sport.
- A football team? People will be loyal to that football team and never forsake that team.
Some people are loyal to a company no matter what that company does to them.
- They devote their life to their job and to a company.
- People devote their life to making money. They place their loyalty in money.
- They rely on themselves for everything. They trust in themselves for everything.
- Most so-called “Christians” place their faith in their very own works and their goodness.
Some people place their loyalty in a church and a man or woman who leads a so-called church.
- Joel Osteen has the loyalty of his people. They are his people and not God’s people.
- Kyle Idleman has the loyalty of his people. They are his people and not God’s people.
- Kenneth Copeland has the loyalty of his people. Joyce Meyer’s people love her.
- They would never forsake her. She’s evil, but they love her.
Others place their loyalty in their family. They treat their father or mother as if they are everything.
- They’ll say, “My mom gave me life therefore she is the most important thing in my life.”
- “My dad is such a great man. I trust him for everything. He is the most important thing in my life.”
- Sisters, brothers, fathers, mothers, grandfathers, grandmothers, children.
- Priests, pastors, bishops, deacons, coaches, teachers, neighbors, friends.
- People will be loyal to all of those people OVER being loyal to God Almighty.
 Matthew 19:29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name’s sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.
- People who won’t believe on Jesus Christ would NEVER forsake any of those things for Jesus.
- Only those who believe on Him would actually leave something like that behind for Him.
- Most that have believed on Jesus Christ STILL WON’T forsake those things for Him.
- Why is that? Because they have little faith. They have a drop of faith. They need to grow their faith.
When you begin trusting God more and more, THEN you’ll forsake everything else for Him when needed.
- And that would be called LOYALTY TO JESUS CHRIST versus loyalty to all those other things.
- Jesus says, “houses, brethren, sisters, father, mother, wife, children, land.”
- Don’t put ANY of those things above Jesus Christ.
Right now. If Jesus stood at that door and said, “Leave everything and follow me.”
- Would you actually do that? Think about it seriously. Would you go with Him and leave me standing here?
- Would you leave your children behind to follow Jesus Christ if they didn’t want to go too?
- Would you leave your family behind who isn’t here right now to follow Jesus?
- If not, think about who you choosing in your life. Because He is here. He fills the heavens and earth.
- He’s asked you to follow Him. But work is more important. But family is more important.
- Friends are more important. Everything is more important than Jesus Christ.
Have you ever told someone, “Well, I can’t come because that’s my time to read the Bible.”
- “Well, I can’t come because I have to go to church and worship God.”
- “I can’t come because that day and time is my prayer time to God. That’s when I talk with God.”
- “I am not missing my time with God. I am going to be loyal to God.”
- You’ll tell people you can’t come because you have to work.
- You’ll tell people you can’t come because you have to go help someone else.
- But you’ll put God at the bottom of the list. “Well, it’s okay if I move God down the list.”
- So, if you do all those things, you have no loyalty to Jesus Christ.
 Matthew 4:18-20 And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers. 19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. 20 And they straightway left their nets, and followed him.
- They quit their jobs right there and followed Jesus. Would you do that?
- “But what am I going to do for money? How am I going to take care of my family?”
- The disciples right there didn’t care because their jobs weren’t so important to them.
- Be careful at how important you make your job in this life.
- Is your job stopping you from following Jesus Christ? Would you forsake your job for Jesus?
- Would you place your loyalty in Jesus or would you be loyal to your job?
Most people will go to work because they are getting money out of it. They will drive to work.
- But, most people won’t drive to church because they don’t see any benefit of church.
- And especially a church like this that actually teaches the truth to people. They don’t want that.
- But they will go to work because they want that money.
- They don’t wisdom, knowledge, and guidance from Jesus Christ BUT they want that money.
- Behind the loyalty to jobs is the root of all evil which is the love of money.
- But the disciples followed Jesus Christ. They left their job because Jesus was more important.
 Matthew 4:21-22 And going on from thence, he saw other two brethren, James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, in a ship with Zebedee their father, mending their nets; and he called them. 22 And they immediately left the ship and their father, and followed him.
- James and John left their job and their father standing right there.
- “Sorry Dad, we have to go.” In today’s world, you would be seen as a horrible person.
- You quit on the job and left your own Dad standing there to do all the work himself.
- But no, James and John did the right thing. What if John would have made the wrong decision?
- We wouldn’t have the Book of John. We wouldn’t have 1 John, 2 John, 3 John.
- We wouldn’t have the Book of Revelation written by John.
- It would have been someone else. God can replace you any time.
- But James and John made the right decision that day and followed Jesus Christ.
 Matthew 9:9 And as Jesus passed forth from thence, he saw a man, named Matthew, sitting at the receipt of custom: and he saith unto him, Follow me. And he arose, and followed him.
- Do you see how this works? Matthew is sitting there. Jesus says, “Follow me.” Matthew gets up.
- He follows Jesus. No questions asked. “Hold on Jesus. I’ve got other things to do.”
- “I need to go here first. I’ve got some errands to run. I have to take my child here.”
- “My wife needs me home by 6 PM. I’ve got to go this and that. I don’t have time for you, Jesus.”
- Are all of these other things more important than Jesus Christ? All day long He gets nothing.
- But when you need help, you’ll try to go find Jesus. And He won’t be there.
- You’ll need help, but you forsook Him.
God Won’t Be Happy Without Your Loyalty To Him
He won’t take everlasting life away, but He’s not going to deal with you putting everything else above Him.
- As saved believers on Jesus Christ, we get to make a choice. You get to make a choice.
- You can go to work all day long, but you won’t read the Bible all day long.
- You can go have fun somewhere, but you won’t pray to God the same amount of time.
- You’ll go watch a movie, but you won’t go to church. All of these other things are more important.
- Will we follow Him and place our loyalty in Him or do we just forget about Him and go about everything else?
Seriously, ask yourself where you are placing your loyalty?
- Let’s look at an example from the Bible where loyalty to God is clearly seen.
- We go all the way back to Moses when he is blessing the children of Israel before he dies.
- Let’s look at Deuteronomy Chapter 33.
 Deuteronomy 33:1 And this is the blessing, wherewith Moses the man of God blessed the children of Israel before his death.
- I want to skip down to where he is blessing the tribe of the Levites.
 Deuteronomy 33:8-9 And of Levi he said, Let thy Thummim and thy Urim be with thy holy one, whom thou didst prove at Massah, and with whom thou didst strive at the waters of Meribah; 9 Who said unto his father and to his mother, I have not seen him; neither did he acknowledge his brethren, nor knew his own children: for they have observed thy word, and kept thy covenant.
- God was above their human fathers, mothers, brethren, and children.
- They didn’t put those people above God Almighty. So they get a blessing from God.
- Put everything else above God, and you won’t receive blessings from God. You won’t.
- So, let’s look at an example of why the tribe of Levi received this blessing as a whole. What did they do?
- I want to go back to Exodus Chapter 32, which is an amazing and favorite chapter of mine.
- As we read through this, make sure you notice where the tribe of Levi comes in here.
 Exodus 32:1 And when the people saw that Moses delayed to come down out of the mount, the people gathered themselves together unto Aaron, and said unto him, Up, make us gods, which shall go before us; for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.
 Exodus 32:2-3 And Aaron said unto them, Break off the golden earrings, which are in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them unto me. 3 And all the people brake off the golden earrings which were in their ears, and brought them unto Aaron.
- A golden calf is made to worship versus God Almighty in this chapter.
- Why? Because Moses is taking too long for them. They say, “We aren’t waiting on God any longer.”
- “He’s taking too much time for us. I’m not getting what I want as quick as I want it.”
- “So, forget about God. We want a different god that does what we want on our timing.”
- That’s what they said. And they’re pretty dumb because God is right there.
- They’ve seen what He can do, but they don’t care.
- Do you realize what God can do? Do you realize what He’s already done?
 Exodus 32:7-8 And the LORD said unto Moses, Go, get thee down; for thy people, which thou broughtest out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves: 8 They have turned aside quickly out of the way which I commanded them: they have made them a molten calf, and have worshipped it, and have sacrificed thereunto, and said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which have brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.
- We still haven’t seen the tribe of Levi yet. Wait for it. They are coming soon.
 Exodus 32:9-10 And the LORD said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people: 10 Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation.
- God is very angry with them.
- Moses convinces God to wait. He says, “Please remember Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.”
- God changed His course of action and didn’t destroy all of them.
 Exodus 32:15-16 And Moses turned, and went down from the mount, and the two tables of the testimony were in his hand: the tables were written on both their sides; on the one side and on the other were they written. 16 And the tables were the work of God, and the writing was the writing of God, graven upon the tables.
 Exodus 32:17-18 And when Joshua heard the noise of the people as they shouted, he said unto Moses, There is a noise of war in the camp. 18 And he said, It is not the voice of them that shout for mastery, neither is it the voice of them that cry for being overcome: but the noise of them that sing do I hear.
- So Moses is on his way down from the mount. Joshua was not with those people worshipping the calf.
- Joshua hears them singing. They are happy with their worship of this calf.
- People are happy with their jobs and making money and having fun.
People are happy that they put their mom above everyone else because old mom loves it too.
- You get the praise of mom. “Oh, my son is so great. He loves me so much.”
- “Oh, my daughter is so great. She always puts me first. I am so important to her.”
- Yeah, that’s what happens. You want to go off and put all your loyalty in someone else.
- Just like this calf. “Aaron, make us a calf. We don’t want God.”
- You’re doing the same thing when you put everyone and everything else above God.
- We still don’t see the tribe of Levi yet. We’ll see where their loyalty is very soon.
- Is their loyalty with God or with the brethren? Let’s see.
 Exodus 32:19-20 And it came to pass, as soon as he came nigh unto the camp, that he saw the calf, and the dancing: and Moses’ anger waxed hot, and he cast the tables out of his hands, and brake them beneath the mount. 20 And he took the calf which they had made, and burnt it in the fire, and ground it to powder, and strawed it upon the water, and made the children of Israel drink of it.
- Moses wasn’t an angry man, but this makes him very angry.
- This same type of thing makes me angry. When someone puts everything else above God, I get angry.
- If you’re here, I don’t want you to put other things above God. Understand that.
- And you might be thinking: “Oh, is he talking about me.” No, I’m not talking about you.
But if something pops into your head, maybe you need to think about it.
- If something pops into my head that I’m doing, I will think about it. And I’ll get it fixed.
- That’s why we’re here together. We need to get these things fixed.
- If I had to, I would take your idol and grind it up and make you drink it.
- And you should thank me for that because I want you to do the same for me.
 Exodus 32:21-23 And Moses said unto Aaron, What did this people unto thee, that thou hast brought so great a sin upon them? 22 And Aaron said, Let not the anger of my lord wax hot: thou knowest the people, that they are set on mischief. 23 For they said unto me, Make us gods, which shall go before us: for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.
 Exodus 32:24-25 And I said unto them, Whosoever hath any gold, let them break it off. So they gave it me: then I cast it into the fire, and there came out this calf. 25 And when Moses saw that the people were naked; (for Aaron had made them naked unto their shame among their enemies:)
- So Aaron does what they asked and made them naked and shameful. But the people didn’t care.
- But Moses could see how shameful these people were.
- Next, pay attention, as the Levites are about to come into play here.
 Exodus 32:26 Then Moses stood in the gate of the camp, and said, Who is on the LORD’S side? let him come unto me. And all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together unto him.
- Moses is sick of it. He stands in the gate of the camp and says, “Who is on the Lord’s side?”
- Hey, whose side are you on? Are you on the world’s side who is worshipping false gods constantly?
- Are you going to fall right in line with all of them? I’m asking you. Is that what you’ll do?
- If you’re on the Lord’s side, Moses says, “Come unto me. Come over here with me.”
- And who joins Moses? I love that part. “And ALL the sons of Levi gathered themselves together unto him.”
- They were in the minority. But they stood up right there and they came to the Lord’s side.
Who were they loyal to? God. They left the others standing over there. They said, “I’m following God.”
- They said, “I’m going to church and forgetting about all these other things.”
- “I’m not going to allow everything else to take away from my worship of God.”
- “I’m going to read my Bible. I’m going to choose God. I’m going to go to church.”
- “I will not allow all of these other things in life to be placed above God.”
- “And I’ll show everyone where my loyalty lies. My loyalty is to God Almighty.”
- That’s a picture of what they did right there. They left that side. They went to God’s side.
Now, when you come to God’s side, things aren’t going to be so easy. It’s going to be difficult.
- God says so. Well, let’s see what happened with the Levites.
- They made the right choice to follow God. They went to the side of Moses.
 Exodus 32:27 And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour.
- You might have thought this was another weak sermon about being loyal to God.
- Hey, God isn’t playing games with you. You can do what He says or not.
- You can choose everything else of this world, and it’s going to hurt you.
- WAKE UP. God is serious about this. He wants your loyalty, and He wants it now.
- They worshipped a false god while God was right there with Moses in the mount.
- They do it right under His face.
Well, guess what? If you’re saved, you have the Holy Spirit living inside of you.
- When you put everything else above God, this is a great sin. And He’s right there.
- If you don’t believe He’s taking your sin seriously, you better wake up.
- You better turn it around right now. You better grind up those false gods on your own.
- And you better do it quickly. You better grind up those Kyle Idleman books with lies.
- You better put that little devotional away and get you a King James Bible and start reading the real words of God.
- Why? God will eat you up and make your life a living hell. Don’t believe me?
- Is this example not good enough for you because there’s many others.
The Levites Show Their Loyalty To God
Moses tells the Levites who joined his side to go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp.
- He tells them to take their swords by their sides and go throughout the camp.
- SLAY EVERY MAN. His brother, his companion, and his neighbors.
- Would that be easy? God was there with them. God will do this. He gave life and takes away life.
- If the Levites weren’t truly loyal to God, they would have said, “I don’t think so.”
- “I’m not doing that.” Do you think this was easy to do? Of course not.
- But they placed their loyalty to God. And that’s how preachers and pastors should be today.
But they don’t place their loyalty in God. They place their loyalty in everything else but God.
- They don’t want to make their congregation angry. They don’t want to preach against sin.
- They put the wants and desires of the “CHURCH” people above the NEEDS of God.
- They want preach against sodomites because that will make someone mad.
- They want preach against women pastors because that will make someone mad.
- They won’t preach against false gods like this because someone will get mad.
- Their loyalty is with keeping everyone else happy. They don’t care if God is happy.
- So, what did the Levites do? Let’s see.
 Exodus 32:28-29 And the children of Levi did according to the word of Moses: and there fell of the people that day about three thousand men. 29 For Moses had said, Consecrate yourselves to day to the LORD, even every man upon his son, and upon his brother; that he may bestow upon you a blessing this day.
- The children of Levi did what God said according to the word of Moses.
- 3,000 men died that day. The children of Levi were loyal to God and did what He asked.
- Moses had said, “Consecrate or devote yourselves to the Lord.”
- “Do not choose your son or brother over the Lord. If they were a part of it, they’re done.”
- Think about that. But that wasn’t the entire punishment either.
 Exodus 32:35 And the LORD plagued the people, because they made the calf, which Aaron made.
- So, we can choose loyalty to God or loyalty to everything else.
- Any you might think: “Well, that wasn’t fair what God asked them to do.”
- Then you don’t understand anything about God. Read the Bible.
- Do you understand what He already showed them.
Do you understand what He has already showed you?
- If you have believed on God, you have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
- God has saved you from all your sins. And yet, you don’t want to put Him first?
- Watch what God says about Levi because of their fear of HIM. They feared God.
- Why do you think they did what God asked them that day? They knew something worse would happen.
 Malachi 2:1-3 And now, O ye priests, this commandment is for you. 2 If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the LORD of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart. 3 Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts; and one shall take you away with it.
- The Levites were the priests. Back in the time of Moses, those Levites feared God.
- But now we’re in Malachi, the last book of the Old Testament.
- When people that act as if they represent the Lord will not hear His words, He’s angry.
- He says, “I will curse you. I will curse your blessings.” They were blessed because they feared Him.
- But right here God is saying that He won’t put up with people ignoring His words.
 Malachi 2:4-6 And ye shall know that I have sent this commandment unto you, that my covenant might be with Levi, saith the LORD of hosts. 5 My covenant was with him of life and peace; and I gave them to him for the fear wherewith he feared me, and was afraid before my name. 6 The law of truth was in his mouth, and iniquity was not found in his lips: he walked with me in peace and equity, and did turn many away from iniquity.
- God wants us to have His truth within our mouths. He doesn’t want us going after other things.
- He wants our loyalty to Him. He wants us speaking the truth no matter what.
- For example, you might not like this sermon. Well I don’t care. We shouldn’t care what people want.
- We need to be teaching what God wants taught. He wants your loyalty to Him and nothing else.
- Why? Because everything is going to work out better that way. You’ll be doing His will which is best for all.
 Malachi 2:7-9 For the priest’s lips should keep knowledge, and they should seek the law at his mouth: for he is the messenger of the LORD of hosts. 8 But ye are departed out of the way; ye have caused many to stumble at the law; ye have corrupted the covenant of Levi, saith the LORD of hosts. 9 Therefore have I also made you contemptible and base before all the people, according as ye have not kept my ways, but have been partial in the law.
- All of the pastors, preachers, and people who supposedly represent God are in trouble.
- This man today contacts me and call me a foolish Christian because I believe that Jesus is the Son of God.
- I believe that Jesus is the Christ. He tells me that I am a fool.
He says that Paul is a liar in the Bible and everything Paul wrote should be ignored.
- Why? He says that the men who witnessed Paul’s conversion didn’t actually hear the words.
- So there wasn’t a witness to Paul’s conversion so therefore Paul is a lying false preacher.
- He says that we can’t trust parts of the Gospels but not all the words of the Gospels.
- I told Him that Jesus calls Himself JESUS CHRIST in John Chapter 17.
He tells me that Jesus is not Jesus Christ. So he’s teaching these things to people.
- He acts like he represents God to all these people. Weirdos. Big time weirdos.
- But I told him that he is actually blaspheming the Holy Ghost because the Holy Ghost wrote through Paul.
- He’s calling Jesus Christ a liar. He called Paul a devil. He called the Holy Ghost a devil.
- He called Jesus Christ a devil just like the Pharisees. I told him that he is a child of the devil.
- But then he acts like he believes the Bible, but only certain parts of the Bible.
- He picks and chooses what he likes and develops all these lies.
In other words, he is being partial in the law or in God’s word so Malachi Chapter 2 applies to him.
- What does God say is going to happen to him? It’s not going to be good.
- Let’s just leave it at that. Don’t act like you represent God and then lie about God.
- That’s the opposite of loyalty to God. And that’s what false preachers do.
- They hate God and act like they’re god. But we all know that they aren’t.
- He tells me that Jesus isn’t Jesus Christ because God doesn’t like titles given to men.
- He’s only Jesus. He’s not Jesus Christ because that’s a title. This guy is crazy.
- But that’s what you get when you post a video to You Tube. Amazing stuff.
That was one good example of loyalty with the Levites in Exodus Chapter 32. They were loyal to God at that time.
- When the times got really, really difficult, they stayed loyal to God and did what He asked.
- What about all the prophets? Daniel. Shadrach, Meshach, Abednego. Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel.
- Joshua. Did he have it easy? No, he didn’t.
 Romans 11:2-3 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying, 3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.
- Did Elijah have it easy? He could have easily turned on God and put his loyalty somewhere else.
- But he didn’t. He stayed loyal to God. Even when times got rough, he stayed with God.
- All of God’s prophets have been killed and are being killed. Elijah was next. They tried.
- But God protected Elijah. Same thing with Elisha. He didn’t have it easy.
- How about Peter? Paul? James, a disciple of Jesus Christ? Did he have it easy?
- Or did he stay loyal to Jesus Christ? Let’s see.
 Acts 12:1-2 Now about that time Herod the king stretched forth his hands to vex certain of the church. 2 And he killed James the brother of John with the sword.
- Do you know how many of God’s people have been killed? Yet, they stayed loyal to God.
- That should tell you what they witnessed and what they wrote about in the Bible.
- They’re trying to tell you. We’ve seen all of these things. We are witnesses this day.
- See their loyalty in the Bible. They all went through some horrible things. TOUGH TIMES.
- But they stayed loyal to God and to Jesus Christ. What about Stephen?
 Acts 7:54-55 When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth. 55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
 Acts 7:56-58 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God. 57 Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord, 58 And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man’s feet, whose name was Saul.
 Acts 7:59-60 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. 60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.
- Do you think that was easy for Stephen to stay loyal to God?
- He didn’t put anything else above God right there. He showed us that he knew the truth.
- And he died for the truth. He died for Jesus Christ. NOW THAT’S LOYALTY.
- Understand that. Could he have gotten out of this? Yeah, but he didn’t. He could have denied Jesus.
Stephen Shows His Loyalty To God
He could have not preached that day. He could have disappeared and not stood up to the liars.
- But he chose to stand up for God that day. He was loyal and he was killed.
- Do you think he’s doing okay right now? I guarantee you he is doing great right now.
- And I guarantee you that he’ll being doing great for all of eternity.
- You have tons and tons of great examples of loyalty to God within the Bible.
But what about some other examples in the churches today of loyalty to men and women?
- We have tons and tons of examples of that today.
- Within the Baptist churches, there have been sexual abuse including so-called pastors.
- Someone will ask for help within that so-called church and the victim is ignored.
- “We don’t want to mention this because we would lose our pastor who is so great.”
Seriously, this happens all the time. It’s sick, nasty, wicked, and should make you want to vomit.
- But the so-called congregation is okay with it? Are you serious. They are of the devil.
- That pastor should be put to death for those nasty and wicked things that he did.
- “But no,” they’ll say, “We’re living in the age of grace and everyone deserves forgiveness.”
- Well, you should have corrected God then because He says everyone doesn’t deserve forgiveness.
- A child molester is a reject with a depraved mind. They have no loyalty to God.
- Anyone who supports a child molester or a sodomite has no loyalty to God at all.
- NONE. ZILCH. ZERO. The people in the church should have went to the police and turned over the pastor.
People will trust the words of their pastor over the word of God in the Bible.
- MOST people in churches are doing that right now, TODAY.
- They don’t read God’s word so they just trust that the pastor did and knows what he’s talking about.
- They read it for themselves, but when it doesn’t make sense with the pastor, they choose the pastor.
- This is placing your loyalty and FAITH in the pastor and not in what God said.
- Have confidence in what you see and what you read in the Bible.
I got a call from a church that I visited a few times in the past couple of years or so.
- The woman on the phone told me how great their pastor is. She went on and on and on.
- Wow. Don’t ever talk about me like that. I am not great. Jesus is great.
- She never mentioned Jesus, but she mentioned how great the pastor is and how amazing.
- I’m sick of that trash. I don’t want to hear it any more. The Bible doesn’t say that.
- Did the Bible go on and on about how great Stephen was? How about Moses?
- Does the Bible go on and on about how great Moses is or how great Paul is or Daniel?
- No, you’ll never see that.
 Exodus 4:24 And it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the LORD met him, and sought to kill him.
- That’s the Lord seeking to kill Moses because Moses didn’t obey Him. Moses wasn’t so great.
- Noah wasn’t so great. Paul wasn’t so great.
 Romans 7:14-15 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
- Paul says that I still do the things that I hate because I am sold under sin.
- The Bible doesn’t talk about how great all of these men and women are because they aren’t.
- They have all sinned and all have come short of the glory of God.
- But yet, church members will boast about their great pastor all the time.
We will not be like that here. Don’t ever talk like that about me or anyone else. Understand that.
- If you want to like that, start talking about Jesus Christ. He’s the one that DIED for you.
- Let’s talk about why you should be LOYAL to Jesus Christ over everyone else in your life.
- Let’s think this through. Why are you here on this earth alive right now?
- Do you know what happened to make that possible.
- Your chance of making it here to this life is very, very low.
- Who knows if this is the truth, but some say your odds of being born are 1 in 400 trillion.
Think about how you were a baby in your mother’s womb. Who ensured your safety in there?
- The mother can’t do it. The doctor can’t do it. It’s God making sure you’re safe.
- It’s God making sure you developed correctly with lungs, a heart, arms, legs, eyes, ears.
- That was God, and you didn’t have a clue what was happening in there. No idea. No one did but God.
- He took care of you. He provided food for your mother. That food was passed through to you.
- He gave your mom oxygen. He kept her safe those 9 months with you there inside.
He watched over you during your birth. You made it. He watched you for the next several years.
- You didn’t even know what was happening. He made the sun to rise and brought rain in the clouds.
- He’s continued to do that for you all these years. You’re still here and alive.
- You need to remember all the things that God has done for you and saved you from.
For example, when I was 16 years old, a man that I knew asked if I would give him a ride down the road.
- I was working at Electric City, and I was closing the gate because it was about 5:15 PM.
- I still remember the day. This man was in his 30’s, and I was 16 years old. Had my first car.
- He told me that his dad was waiting for him. They were customers. Him and his dad were plumbers.
- He comes up with a story how they were finishing up a house right down the road.
- I said, “Okay, I’ll give you a ride.” So he tells me where to go. I just go where he says.
Well, we go back into Martinsville. We head back this little alley way and there’s a group of men standing there.
- The man I give the ride to tells me to be quiet and not to say anything.
- He gets out of the car as I watch the drug deal right in front of me.
- They are right there by the hood of my car. I’ve never done one illegal drug in all my life.
- But I was a part of that drug deal that day. And God was watching over me and the other guy.
- Because I was furious after I got out of that area, and he already knew it.
This Man’s Loyalty Was To Drugs And Nothing Else
He says, “Please don’t tell my dad or your dad because I know they’ll kill me.”
- Well, I never told them and I never trusted that guy ever again.
- And guess what? He ended up murdered and found tied to a chair in the Kentucky River.
- Yeah, the drug dealers got to him. God was watching over me all the way back then. He always has.
- And He’s watching over US each and every day. He protects us from things we don’t even know about.
- He’s saved our lives hundreds of times, and we don’t even realize that.
- I’ve been alive for just over 15,000 days now in my life. 15,000.
- And God has been there every second of every day keeping me safe.
Now, knowing those things, let’s say some man helps me with one thing in my life.
- And now my loyalty shifts from God to this man.
- Well, that church helped me when I was having a tough time so I give them my loyalty.
- That man saved me from going to jail so he has my loyalty.
- That church gave me money when I would have been homeless. They have my loyalty.
I asked a woman who attended Highland Baptist Church for over 60 years if she know how to make it to heaven.
- She says, “No, but I’ve been a member of that church for over 60 years and I don’t need to hear this.”
- She’s very loyal to that church but placing your loyalty in a church will send you to hell.
- Especially in a church like that where she hasn’t learned how to go to heaven ONCE.
- They haven’t helped her AT ALL but YET she places all her loyalty in that false church.
 Job 33:4 The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.
- Is that not enough to tell you who you should have faith in and be loyal to?
- I want to be loyal to the one who gave me life. I want to be loyal to God.
- I want to be loyal to the one who loves me when I don’t deserve any of it.
- Every single day when I am foolish, He still loves me. He was patient with me when I was an idiot.
- He was longsuffering with me when I would have destroyed me if I were Him.
- There’s nothing and NO ONE that can stand up next to God. NO ONE.
- And some people want to place their loyalty in other things. Why? It’s crazy.
 Psalm 33:6 By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.
- Don’t you want to be loyal to the Lord? Look at what He’s done for you. He gave you life.
- No one can do more for you than what God has already done for you.
- No one should be able to gain your loyalty above God. Think about that.
- There is nothing too hard for the Lord. Don’t you want God on your side at all times? I sure do.
 Isaiah 42:5 Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:
- God created everything you see. He created you. He knows you better than you know yourself.
- And it’s not even close. He already knows all your thoughts. He knows exactly what you’ll do tomorrow.
- He knows exactly what you’ll be doing on July 4th 10 years from now at 2:37 PM.
- He doesn’t make you do anything. He gives you freedom to make your own choices.
- What else could you want in a friend? He’s friend that will never let you down.
- He’s a friend that will never do you wrong. But yet, we choose other men and women to be loyal to.
When it’s time for church, we need to start thinking about God and not everything else.
- Excuses, excuses, excuses. I’ve got to do this, or I’ve got to do that.
- Can’t you give God some of your time? He’s giving you all of His time. He’s keeping you safe.
- When it’s time to read the Bible, we need to start acting like we have loyalty to God Almighty.
 Acts 17:24-25 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; 25 Neither is worshipped with men’s hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
- Here’s the thing. God doesn’t need you. He can replace you with anyone else.
- He speaks things into existence. He can just speak another one of you into existence.
- But He doesn’t. He could have killed me off a long time ago and He would have been perfectly justified.
- I deserved it. But He didn’t do it. I’m still here because He allowed me to keep going. He waited for me.
MY LOYALTY was never with Him all that time, but now, MY LOYALTY WILL BE WITH HIM.
- If it comes to me choosing between you and God, understand I will choose God.
- He doesn’t need me, but I need Him. He doesn’t need you, but you need Him. Understand that.
 Acts 17:26-28 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; 27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: 28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
- God never tells us not to be loyal to others. We are to be loyal to friends and family.
- But we are to never place our faith or loyalty in anyone above HIM.
- If we MUST make a choice, we MUST choose God as NUMBER ONE.
- We shouldn’t have to make that choice.
For example, my children shouldn’t make me choose between them and God.
- If they want to go off and worship some false god when they are older, I won’t be a part of it.
- I will choose God, and I will reject them. Why? Because they’ve seen the truth. They know the truth.
- I will choose God over them. My wife shouldn’t make me choose between her and God.
- But if she does, I will choose God. All of you shouldn’t make me choose between you and God.
- I WILL CHOOSE GOD. I will be loyal to God. He is first and there is none other.
- I will never be lonely in this life because I have God, and He’s not going anywhere.
- He’s been here forever, and He will be here forever. Place your loyalty in Him.
You’re not even close to Him. Most church goers will think what I’m preaching is so bad.
- If it’s you or God, I’m choosing God and I expect all of you to do the same thing.
- And I know some of you, and I know that you would. And that’s what we need here.
- We need people who aren’t afraid to stand up to any man, woman, father, mother, son, daughter.
- We stand up for God here, and we let the cards fall where the cards will fall.
- But we know that God is there watching.
 Matthew 10:37-38 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
- Oh, do you have other things to do, and you don’t have time for God?
- When you need Him, think about all those times when you didn’t have the time for God.
- When He doesn’t answer you, think about all those times when you ignored God.
No Time For God = Loyalty To Other Things
“I’ve got this to do. I’ve got that to do. I don’t have time to do anything for God.”
- “I’ve got time to go out to eat at restaurants because that makes me happy.”
- “I’ve got time to watch TV. I’ve got time to spend with my family and have fun.”
- “But I don’t have time for the ONE WHO GAVE ME LIFE!!!”
- “I don’t have time for the one who protects me every day and gives me food and water so I can live.”
- “I don’t have time for the one who gives me the oxygen that I’m breathing right now.”
- Where is your loyalty? Is everything all about you, or do you put God first?
- Would you rather do something for God, or do something for yourself?
God the Father put you above His only Son. You can’t do something for Him? Jesus Christ put you above Himself.
- You can’t give Him your loyalty? Think about that.
- You can’t suffer for Him? You can’t skip something for Him that doesn’t even matter?
- You can’t cancel your TV subscription for Him?
- You can’t choose to read the Bible versus watching your sports?
- You can’t choose to pray versus playing video games?
- Think about all these things.
 1 Corinthians 13:10-11 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. 11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
- The perfect word of God is here. JESUS CHRIST is here in the midst of us. He says so.
- GOD IS HERE LIVING INSIDE OF YOU. Is there anything more important than Him?
- He is more important than all the Presidents ever combined. He is more famous than all of them.
- He laughs at them because they all think that they’re something.
- All of these other things are just childish things that mean absolutely nothing.
- But God does mean something. He means everything. We need to realize that.
We need to put all these childish things like TV away. Video games away. Do these things have your loyalty?
- What are those things doing for you? You’ll watch TV over reading the WORD OF GOD?
- Wake up. ACT LIKE A MAN. When I became a MAN finally, I put away childish things.
- When are the men going to act like men in this world? When are they going to be loyal to God?
- They aren’t loyal to God AT ALL. They won’t obey anything God tells them to do.
- God said to lead your homes. God said to lead your wife. Lead your children.
- RULE YOUR HOUSEHOLD. But they won’t do it. Why? Because they have no loyalty to God.
- They have no faith in God.
We will not be like that here in this church. We will be loyal to God. We will do what He asks us to do.
- We will read our Bibles every day. We will study God’s word every day.
- We will act like we understand what God has done for us. We will be thankful to God.
 Psalm 50:14-15 Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High: 15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.
- Pay your vows or do something for God. Read the Bible, study the Bible, preach the Gospel
- Help others to understand the Bible. Help others to understand God and His greatness.
- Let Him know that you’re thankful for all that He does for you. Let Him know every day.
- Talk with Him and walk with Him. Offer Him thanksgiving. Tell Him how important He is to you.
- And THEN when you call upon Him in your day of trouble, He will deliver you.
- And that day of trouble will come. And you will need God. And you won’t have to wonder:
- “Is God going to answer me?” He will answer you. Let’s test your loyalty to God with one last question.
Will you die for Jesus Christ? Will you give your life for Jesus Christ?
- If you say, YES, but you won’t give anything else up for Him, then you’re simply lying to yourself.
- Why don’t you give something up in your life that is important to you that is actually nothing.
- TV, movies, video games, other books, evil friends who hate God, alcohol, drugs, pain pills.
- Name anything that’s important to you that you don’t need. Unhealthy food. Bad music that you love.
- If you won’t give any of those things up right now for Jesus, then you won’t die for Jesus.
You aren’t loyal to Jesus. Think about that.
- If you can’t give something up that means nothing, you aren’t going to give your own life for Jesus.
- When the antichrist comes and wants you to bow down and worship him or you die, what will you do?
- Will you be loyal to God, or will you be loyal to yourself? Will you save yourself or be loyal to God?
- The time is coming. We have it easy here.
- If you won’t stand up for God now, you won’t stand up for God when it gets tough.
- Make sure you get this loyalty thing right. GOD FIRST ALWAYS. Remember that and start practicing now.
- Bad times are coming. Persecution is coming. Troubles are coming. Get it right now.
 Revelation 6:9-10 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: 10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
 Revelation 6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
- Will you be one of those people? Those people right there were loyal. Will you be like a prophet of God?
- Will you stand up for God and be killed for Him? Don’t fear any of them.
- If you have believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, you will never die. Those souls are alive.
- Their bodies were killed, but their souls are right there at God’s altar in heaven. IN HEAVEN.
- That’s where you want to be.
- And you’ll get to watch as God pours out His wrath on those people who thought they killed you.
- They will be surprised to see that you’re still alive and your God is coming for them.
One last time: God is asking you today, right now, which side are you on?
- Just like Moses asked the children of Israel that day: WHO IS ON THE LORD’S SIDE?
- “STEP OVER ONTO THIS SIDE,” GOD SAYS. And don’t go back over to the world.
- Get rid of all that stuff. You don’t need it. Jump over here and stay. It’s better over here.