- Sermon Slides for Sermon Who Are The Gentiles: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon Who Are The Gentiles: PDF
- Audio MP3 for Sermon Who Are The Gentiles: Audio
- Video MP4 for Sermon Who Are The Gentiles: Video
 The title of the sermon: “WHO ARE THE GENTILES?”
False Doctrine About The Identity Of The Gentiles
- There’s much false doctrine about the gentiles in churches and in this world.
- This is why we must use the word of God for all of our doctrine.
Let’s use the Bible today to find the truth about Gentiles and who they are.
- Do we need to know this truth? Yes, false doctrine continues when you get this wrong.
- If we search for the words Gentile and Gentiles, we’ll find 131 matches in 123 verses.
- We aren’t going over all 123 verses today, but we will cover many of them today.
What do we see here in this chart? We see Gentile or Gentiles in 30 verses of the Book of Acts.
- We see 21 times in Romans. 15 times in Isaiah. 8 times in Matthew. 6 times in Galatians.
- If we look down there to Genesis, we see there is one instance of Gentiles in that book.
- Well, that happens to be the first verse in the Bible with the word Gentile.
- So, we’re going to start there for this study about Gentiles and find the truth today.
- We go to Genesis Chapter 10.
 Genesis 10:1 Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were sons born after the flood.
- So, we’re going to see the genealogy of Noah’s three sons in Genesis Chapter 10.
- As we continue in verse 2, you’ll see that the Gentiles are from Japheth.
- Japheth is the oldest son of Noah. Let’s read in verse 2 of Genesis Chapter 10.
 Genesis 10:2-4 The sons of Japheth; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras. 3 And the sons of Gomer; Ashkenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah. 4 And the sons of Javan; Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim.
- So Japheth has seven sons. Two of those sons are Gomer and Javan.
- We see the sons of Gomer and the sons of Javan listed out right there.
- Now, let’s move to the very next verse of Genesis Chapter 10.
 Genesis 10:5 By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.
- The GENTILES came from Japheth who was the oldest son of Noah.
- The GENTILES didn’t come from Ham and they didn’t come from Shem.
- And remember, Abraham came from Shem’s line who was the middle son of Noah.
- And notice the words that you see there in verse 5.
- “THE ISLES OF THE GENTILES.” What does that mean? Isles or islands or land along the coast.
- It’s the land that is met by water. Gentiles lived along the isles or the coasts.
Genesis Chapter 10 verse 5 there also includes the first time the word ISLES is used in the King James Bible.
- If we take a look at more Scripture with the word isles, we find the following.
- And I want you to keep in mind some of the names that we see in these following verses. Why?
- Because we’re going to go back to the names of the sons of Japheth and you’ll see those names there.
 Esther 10:1 And the king Ahasuerus laid a tribute upon the land, and upon the isles of the sea.
- The isles of the sea. Obviously, isles are related to water and the sea.
 Psalm 72:10 The kings of Tarshish and of the isles shall bring presents: the kings of Sheba and Seba shall offer gifts.
- The kings of Tarshish and of the isles. Tarshish is the name of a son of Javan who is a son of Japheth.
- Tarshish is an area where the Gentiles lived. That area was named after Japheth’s grandson.
 Isaiah 23:1-2 The burden of Tyre. Howl, ye ships of Tarshish; for it is laid waste, so that there is no house, no entering in: from the land of Chittim it is revealed to them. 2 Be still, ye inhabitants of the isle; thou whom the merchants of Zidon, that pass over the sea, have replenished.
- We see TYRE (TY-ER) in verse 1 there. TIRAS was one of Japheth’s seven sons. TYRE is on the coast.
- Verse 2 says, “Be still, ye inhabitants of the isle.”
- TYRE is seen today on the coast of Lebanon at the Mediterranean Sea. Here’s a map showing Tyre today.
- You’ll see Northern Africa in the South there with Algeria, Libya, Egypt.
- You see the boot of Italy in the North there. You see Greece.
- You see Israel, Jordan, Syria, and Lebanon on the East of the map there.
- If I zoom in a little more on TYRE, you’ll see this.
- Damascus is there to the East and a little North from Tyre.
- You’ll see the Sea of Galilee Southeast of Tyre. You’ll see Jerusalem directly South about 100 miles.
- But notice that Tyre is on the coast of the Mediterranean Sea. And remember TIRAS is a son of Japheth.
- Let’s see what other verses we can find in the Bible with isles.
 Isaiah 23:6-8 Pass ye over to Tarshish; howl, ye inhabitants of the isle. 7 Is this your joyous city, whose antiquity is of ancient days? her own feet shall carry her afar off to sojourn. 8 Who hath taken this counsel against Tyre, the crowning city, whose merchants are princes, whose traffickers are the honourable of the earth?
- Tarshish is a city of ancient days. You can’t go back much further than right after the flood.
- That’s an ancient city. Tarshish is a grandson of Japheth who was on the ark with Noah.
- And then we see TYRE again in this Scripture.
 Isaiah 24:15 Wherefore glorify ye the LORD in the fires, even the name of the LORD God of Israel in the isles of the sea.
 Isaiah 42:10 Sing unto the LORD a new song, and his praise from the end of the earth, ye that go down to the sea, and all that is therein; the isles, and the inhabitants thereof.
- The end of the land where it meets the sea is called the isles. “All the way to the isles.”
- To the uttermost part where the land ends. TO THE ISLES. TO THE COAST.
Isles Go To The Literal Ends Of The Earth
 Isaiah 60:9 Surely the isles shall wait for me, and the ships of Tarshish first, to bring thy sons from far, their silver and their gold with them, unto the name of the LORD thy God, and to the Holy One of Israel, because he hath glorified thee.
- The isles needs ships. The ships of Tarshish.
 Isaiah 66:19 And I will set a sign among them, and I will send those that escape of them unto the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, that draw the bow, to Tubal, and Javan, to the isles afar off, that have not heard my fame, neither have seen my glory; and they shall declare my glory among the Gentiles.
- We see Javan and Tubal the names of the sons of Japheth mentioned with the ISLES afar off.
- We see Tarshish again. We see the word Gentiles mentioned here with the isles.
- What do we learn here about the Gentiles? They escaped from that area and went far away to the coasts.
- They went to the edge of the land and got far away from the others.
- The Bible says right there, “The Gentiles have not heard my fame The Gentiles have not seen my glory.”
- God will send those that escaped the other nations to the Gentiles to declare HIS GLORY.
 Jeremiah 2:9-10 Wherefore I will yet plead with you, saith the LORD, and with your children’s children will I plead. 10 For pass over the isles of Chittim, and see; and send unto Kedar, and consider diligently, and see if there be such a thing.
- Do you see Chittim there? One of the sons of Javan is KITTIM. He was a grandson of Japheth.
- Verse 10 says, “Pass over the isles of Chittim.” That was named after Japheth’s grandson KITTIM.
 Jeremiah 25:22-23 And all the kings of Tyrus, and all the kings of Zidon, and the kings of the isles which are beyond the sea, 23 Dedan, and Tema, and Buz, and all that are in the utmost corners,
- We see Tyrus as T-Y-R-U-S now and remember one of the sons of Japheth is named Tiras as T-I-R-A-S.
- All the kings of Tyrus, the kings of the isles.
 Jeremiah 31:10 Hear the word of the LORD, O ye nations, and declare it in the isles afar off, and say, He that scattered Israel will gather him, and keep him, as a shepherd doth his flock.
- And the isles are AFAR off.
 Ezekiel 27:3-4 And say unto Tyrus, O thou that art situate at the entry of the sea, which art a merchant of the people for many isles, Thus saith the Lord GOD; O Tyrus, thou hast said, I am of perfect beauty. 4 Thy borders are in the midst of the seas, thy builders have perfected thy beauty.
 Ezekiel 27:5-6 They have made all thy ship boards of fir trees of Senir: they have taken cedars from Lebanon to make masts for thee. 6 Of the oaks of Bashan have they made thine oars; the company of the Ashurites have made thy benches of ivory, brought out of the isles of Chittim.
- I hope you’re starting to see the connections here. Now you know where these cities came from.
- They came from Noah’s son Japheth and his descendants.
- The GENTILES come from Japheth, the oldest son of Noah. They moved out to the coasts.
- “Thy borders are in the midst of the seas.” Tyrus and Chittim.
 Revelation 1:9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
- The last time we see the word ISLE is when John was on the island of Patmos. It was surrounded by water.
- Isle goes right along with island. ISLES are on the far coasts and are bordered by water.
- Panama City beach would be an isle city. Any city on the coast of the United States would be an isle city.
- Now you know that the GENTILES are actually the people who lived along the coasts.
- And remember ISLES is pronounced within the word GENTILES. “ILES” right there at the end of Gentiles.
 Judges 4:2 And the LORD sold them into the hand of Jabin king of Canaan, that reigned in Hazor; the captain of whose host was Sisera, which dwelt in Harosheth of the Gentiles.
- Harosheth of the Gentiles. You’ll automatically know that was along the coast.
- Harosheth is only shown in Judges Chapter 4. It isn’t found anywhere else in the Bible.
- But you’ll know that this is talking about a city along the coast.
- And if you do a little research, you’ll find the approximate location of this battle in Judges Chapter 4.
 Judges 4:13 And Sisera gathered together all his chariots, even nine hundred chariots of iron, and all the people that were with him, from Harosheth of the Gentiles unto the river of Kishon.
 Judges 4:16 But Barak pursued after the chariots, and after the host, unto Harosheth of the Gentiles: and all the host of Sisera fell upon the edge of the sword; and there was not a man left.
- So we look up the river Kishon, and we find this map. Look at where this battle most likely happened.
- From the coast to the west of the marker there all the way to the Kishon River.
Gentiles Are Now Easy To Understand When We Use The Bible
Whenever you see the word GENTILES there, you now understand what the Bible means.
- They are along the coast somewhere. They are not in the middle part of the land.
- Jews weren’t in existence when the Gentiles first existed.
- Jacob is Israel and he’s further down the road from Noah and his sons.
- This is why the isles of the Gentiles are called ancient. They were before the Jews.
- The Gentiles weren’t right in the middle of the promised land. They were in faraway lands.
- This is what the Bible is teaching us.
 Isaiah 11:10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.
- The word GENTILE is very important to understand within the Bible. It’s a faraway people.
- They have moved all the way to the end of the land, to the coasts.
 Isaiah 42:1-3 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. 2 He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street. 3 A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth.
 Isaiah 42:4-5 He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law. 5 Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:
 Isaiah 42:6-7 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; 7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.
- God is going to bring salvation to everyone who believes on Jesus Christ.
- EVEN ALL THE WAY TO THE GENTILES in the far away areas of the land. To the ends of the earth.
- If you think I’m wrong about the Gentiles, maybe this next Scripture will prove this for you.
 Isaiah 49:6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.
- SALVATION UNTO THE END OF THE EARTH. The gentiles are at the end of the earth on the coast.
- It’s the literal end of the land. It’s where the earth meets the sea.
- We know that there is no end of the actual earth where we fall off into space because the earth is round.
- But there is a literal end of the earth that we walk on when it meets the water, ocean, or sea.
- “I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles.” ALL THE WAY OUT TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH.
- To the GENTILES. God wants the entire earth to be saved. EVERYONE. Even the Gentiles.
 Isaiah 45:22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
 Psalm 98:3 He hath remembered his mercy and his truth toward the house of Israel: all the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God.
 Psalm 67:2 That thy way may be known upon earth, thy saving health among all nations.
- ALL NATIONS. All people. Even to the GENTILES.
 Zechariah 8:7-8 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Behold, I will save my people from the east country, and from the west country; 8 And I will bring them, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God, in truth and in righteousness.
- God is going to save HIS PEOPLE who believe on HIM and have become His children through faith.
- He’s going to save those people no matter where they are.
- From the WEST to the EAST, He will save them. Whosoever believeth in Him will be saved.
 1 Timothy 2:3-6 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
- God wants ALL to be saved, but they must believe HIM to be the Savior.
- Jesus gave HIMSELF a ransom for all. This means anyone can be saved.
- This means HIS SAVING power goes all the way to the GENTILES.
 Isaiah 49:22 Thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I will lift up mine hand to the Gentiles, and set up my standard to the people: and they shall bring thy sons in their arms, and thy daughters shall be carried upon their shoulders.
 Isaiah 54:3 For thou shalt break forth on the right hand and on the left; and thy seed shall inherit the Gentiles, and make the desolate cities to be inhabited.
- God is preaching over and over throughout the Bible that salvation isn’t ONLY to the children of Israel.
- Noah wasn’t a part of the children of Israel. He was before them. Noah wasn’t a Jew.
- Salvation came to Noah too because Noah believed and trusted in God.
- He told Noah, “There’s going to be a flood. Build the ark. And Noah chose to believe God and did it.”
- Because of His belief, Noah was saved by the flood. Noah and the flood is a picture of salvation.
Noah’s son Shem wasn’t a Jew. Abel wasn’t a child of Jacob or Israel. He was far before them. Abel wasn’t a Jew.
- Enoch who God took up to heaven wasn’t a Jew. God sure loved Enoch. And he wasn’t a Jew.
- There isn’t only Jews in heaven like the Jews may have once believed.
- Just think of all the examples within the Bible. The Ethiopian man that helped Jeremiah.
- Joseph’s wife. King Nebuchadnezzar. I think he was finally saved.
- There’s hundreds of examples of people who were not Jews being saved.
The prophet ISAIAH is preaching this over and over and over again. Salvation to the Gentiles.
- Salvation to all nations of this world and not just the Jews. Can Jews be saved? Yes they can.
- But not while they’re practicing Judaism which doesn’t believe that Jesus is the Christ. They hate Jesus.
 1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
 1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
- For some reason, the Jews don’t want to hear about Jesus Christ. They are antichrist because God says so.
- The religion of Judaism thinks it’s all about them.
- Abraham wasn’t a Jew. Isaac wasn’t a Jew. What is a Jew? Let’s find out.
- So I looked up the words jew, jewess, jewish, jewry, jews, jews’ and found this.
- This is the books of the Bible in order and the number of times the word Jew or related word is found.
- Do you notice where the first time the word Jew is found in the Bible?
- None in Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel.
- None in 1 Kings. The first time we see JEW is in 2 Kings.
- Now think about that. Joshua wasn’t a Jew. Boaz wasn’t. What happened in 2 Kings?
God’s Chosen Leaders Were Not Kings Because He Is King
God has leaders that He had chosen in Genesis to 1 Samuel. God’s chosen leaders were not kings.
- Why? Because HE IS KING. He would choose a man to lead His people.
- In 1 Samuel, the people wanted a king to be their leader and not God.
- We see Saul as king of Israel. Then we see Saul die. David becomes king over Israel.
- David dies. Solomon becomes king in the book of 1 Kings. Solomon dies.
Towards the middle of 1 Kings, we see the kingdom split after Solomon is dead.
- The kingdom of Israel is split into Israel in the North and Judah in the South.
- Now there is a kingdom called JUDAH. The people who lived in that kingdom were called JEWS.
- We live in America. We’re called Americans. This is why you don’t see Jews until 2 Kings.
- Jerusalem is the capital city of JUDAH. So people from Jerusalem would be called Jews.
- Here’s the first occurrence of the word JEWS within the entire Bible.
 2 Kings 16:5-6 Then Rezin king of Syria and Pekah son of Remaliah king of Israel came up to Jerusalem to war: and they besieged Ahaz, but could not overcome him. 6 At that time Rezin king of Syria recovered Elath to Syria, and drave the Jews from Elath: and the Syrians came to Elath, and dwelt there unto this day.
- Rezin the king of Syria and the king of Israel, Pekah, come to Jerusalem for war against the king of Judah, named Ahaz.
- The king of Syria drove the “Jews” from ELATH and the Syrians lived there in Elath.
- That’s the first time we see the word JEWS within the Bible. Jews are from JUDAH.
- Again, JUDAH didn’t exist in Abraham’s time. He wasn’t a Jew. Moses wasn’t a Jew.
- All the tribes of Israel were not Jewish or Jews or from the tribe of Judah.
Many preachers will group everyone who has ever lived into 2 groups: Jews and Gentiles. This is wrong.
- It’s not right. There aren’t just Jews and Gentiles. Abraham didn’t live in Judah.
- NOT JUST JEWS AND GENTILES. There’s Israelites from the tribe of Reuben.
- There’s 11 other tribes besides the tribe of Judah. Understand this today.
 Isaiah 60:1-3 Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee. 2 For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. 3 And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.
 Isaiah 60:4-5 Lift up thine eyes round about, and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to thee: thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at thy side. 5 Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee.
- God is teaching us that even the Gentiles shall come to HIS LIGHT.
- Did you notice that the first use of the word Jews is in 2 Kings?
- Did you notice where the first use of the word GENTILES is within the Bible?
- Gentiles are found in the Book of Genesis. Also in the Book of Judges. Jews show up much later on.
- Gentiles existed before the Jews and the kingdom of Judah. Gentiles came from Japheth a son of Noah.
- Nobody teaches any of these things. Most churches never study anything from the Bible like this.
- I’ve chosen this today just so you can see how to study the Bible. Use the Scriptures to form doctrine.
 Isaiah 60:16 Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the LORD am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.
- Jesus Christ was born of JACOB or ISRAEL.
- His physical ancestors were from Israel and Judah the son of Israel.
- Jacob was the son of faith. The Israelites were children of faith. THEY WERE.
The Gentiles were not known as children of faith.
- But the children of Israel were chosen to bring God’s words of FAITH to the entire world.
- Jesus is the mighty one of Jacob and the King of the Jews. Jesus was not a Gentile.
- But He will bring salvation to the Gentiles, to the literal ends of the earth.
- All throughout the earth and to the literal ends of the earth where the Gentiles are located.
 Isaiah 62:2 And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD shall name.
- Notice all of these mentioned of Gentiles in the Book of Isaiah. There are 15.
- All the way back to Isaiah.
- He’s constantly telling the children of Israel and the Jews that Gentiles will have salvation too.
- But, for some reason, it’s a surprise to Peter and the disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Were they not reading the Book of Isaiah? Salvation would come to all people through Jesus.
- God opened their eyes and then they finally saw that all people could be saved.
 Jeremiah 16:19 O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit.
 Jeremiah 16:20-21 Shall a man make gods unto himself, and they are no gods? 21 Therefore, behold, I will this once cause them to know, I will cause them to know mine hand and my might; and they shall know that my name is The LORD.
- Jeremiah says the Gentiles, from the ends of the earth, will realize that they have been told lies.
- That’s what we have realized, and that’s why we’re here in this church right now TODAY.
- We’ve been lied to. God has now shown us the truth. We know that God’s named is THE LORD.
- God has caused us to know His hand and His might. We’ve had false gods before but no more.
 Ezekiel 4:13 And the LORD said, Even thus shall the children of Israel eat their defiled bread among the Gentiles, whither I will drive them.
- God says He will drive out the children of Israel. Where? To the edges of the earth.
- They will be among the Gentiles. I want to move to the New Testament now and find Gentiles there.
 Matthew 4:13-15 And leaving Nazareth, he came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is upon the sea coast, in the borders of Zabulon and Nephthalim: 14 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, 15 The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim, by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles;
 Matthew 4:16-17 The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up. 17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
- Again, we see the Gentiles mentioned around the sea coast. Beyond the Jordan River.
- Jesus leaves Nazareth and goes along the coast of the Sea of Galilee. Why?
- This is Galilee of the Gentiles. Isaiah’s prophecy would be fulfilled.
 Isaiah 9:1-2 Nevertheless the dimness shall not be such as was in her vexation, when at the first he lightly afflicted the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, and afterward did more grievously afflict her by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, in Galilee of the nations. 2 The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.
- Jesus fulfills this prophecy in Matthew Chapter 4 when He goes to the Gentiles in that area.
- “The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light.”
- Now, when you see Gentiles in the Bible you’ll know it’s talking about people on the coasts of bodies of water.
- But, we also see this in the Bible so please pay attention to this one.
 Matthew 6:32-33 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
- Notice that verse 32 there in Matthew Chapter 6 says: “For all these things do the Gentiles seek.”
- Well, there’s a cross reference in Luke Chapter 12.
 Luke 12:30-31 For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things. 31 But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.
- Now we see the Bible say: “For all these things do the NATIONS OF THE WORLD seek after.”
- Well, it was “The Gentiles seek after.” So the nations of the world are the Gentiles.
- Other nations that were not physical ISRAEL are referred to as GENTILES here.
- Why? Because the GENTILES are everywhere ALL OVER THE WORLD. They are the nations of the world.
 Matthew 12:17-18 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, 18 Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.
 Matthew 12:19-21 He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets. 20 A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory. 21 And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.
- After Jesus arose from the dead, He commands the disciples to do what? Let’s see.
- And notice what this says exactly.
 Matthew 28:16-18 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them. 17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted. 18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
 Matthew 28:19-20 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
- Jesus says to go and teach all nations and baptize all nations. Pretty simple, right? ALL NATIONS.
- This would include the GENTILES and not just the Jews. Right? But the disciples didn’t do that.
- Again, they were surprised to learn from Peter that the GENTILES should be saved too.
 Acts 10:44-45 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. 45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
- They were ASTONISHED. Do you see that? If you read the Bible, how were they astonished?
- ISAIAH preaches it about throughout that book over and over and over again.
- It’s everywhere throughout the Bible. THE GENTILES CAN BE SAVED TOO. But this astonished them.
- Let’s not be astonished by things that are clearly written in the Bible.
- We might be doing some of the same types of things today. Let’s hear the word of God.
- We don’t want to be astonished like this with TRUTH from the Bible.
 Acts 11:1 And the apostles and brethren that were in Judaea heard that the Gentiles had also received the word of God.
- Gentiles had been receiving the word of God for thousands of years before this.
- But for some reason this astonished them.
- Would you truly believe that none of Japheth’s descendants were saved?
The Gentiles Come From Japheth Just As The Bible Says
JAPHETH’s father was Noah and he went through the flood with Noah.
- Do you not think Noah taught any of his grandchildren anything about God? Think about that.
- Gentiles have been saved from their beginning. Not all of them. Only the ones who believe.
- As far as salvation goes, there’s never been a difference in Jews and Gentiles.
- Only the Jews “thought” there was a difference and they were amazed to find out there is no difference.
- Even after so many of them saw the truth about salvation, the Jews still wouldn’t believe it.
- They won’t believe it today. They still believe that it’s only them because they are physically JEWS.
 Acts 13:45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming.
 Acts 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.
 Acts 13:47-48 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth. 48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.
- Paul is the apostle to the Gentiles. The other original disciples didn’t do what Jesus said to do.
- Jesus shows up to Paul and Paul does what Jesus says to do.
- Notice the books of the Bible that Paul writes. They are to churches. What churches?
- GENTILE CHURCHES. Romans, Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians.
- Thessalonians. Do you see this now? He went to all nations that he could get to. Paul did that.
 Romans 1:13 Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I purposed to come unto you, (but was let hitherto,) that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among other Gentiles.
- Paul calls the Romans GENTILES.
 Romans 2:8-9 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, 9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
- For those who don’t obey the truth, tribulation and anguish. To who? Do the Jews get by with it?
- No!!! God says to the Jew first and also to the Gentile. He doesn’t care who you are.
- If you want to do evil, He’ll take care of you.
 Romans 2:10-11 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: 11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
- If you want to worketh good, God will give you glory and honor. To who? Just to the Jews?
- No!!! God says to the Jew and the Gentile. Why? He doesn’t respect persons.
- He doesn’t care what nation you’re from. He doesn’t care at all. NO RESPECT OF PERSONS with God.
 Romans 3:29-30 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: 30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
- All people of all time are justified in ONE WAY and that WAY is faith in Jesus Christ.
- So, you can argue all you want about who is a Jew and who is a Gentile but it really doesn’t matter.
- People are so mixed now. We’re thousands of years after the flood. Get a DNA test and see for yourself.
The people who call themselves Jews are mixed with all kinds of people too.
- There is no pure race of Jews. What a joke. God doesn’t care. I don’t care either. And you shouldn’t care.
- GOD IS THE GOD OF ALL WHO BELIEVE ON HIM. For those who won’t, He is not your God.
- And in order for you to escape from hell, you need God to be YOUR GOD.
- Have faith in Him. He will save you. He’s the one who can.