- Sermon Slides for Sermon Why You Should Believe On Jesus Christ: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon Why You Should Believe On Jesus Christ: PDF
- Audio MP3 for Sermon Why You Should Believe On Jesus Christ: Audio
- Video MP4 for Sermon Why You Should Believe On Jesus Christ: Video
 The title of the sermon: “WHY YOU SHOULD BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST.”
Do You Want To Go To Heaven When You Die?
- I want every one you to go to heaven. Do you want to go to heaven when you die?
- Think about that. Do you or not? Well, I want you to go to heaven. I want to see you there.
- I want my Dad and Mom there. I want my children there. I want my brother and sister there.
- I want mt family there. I want my friends there. I want all of you there.
- God wants you there.
 1 Timothy 2:3-4 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
- God wants all to be saved. God wants all of you to come to the knowledge of the truth.
- Today, I want to make sure you come to the knowledge of the truth.
- I’m going to do my absolute best today to make that happen.
- I ask that you please give me your best for this sermon. Please see the actual Scriptures.
- There are no lies within the words of the Scriptures. Believe what God says in these Scriptures.
 1 Timothy 2:5-6 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
- I’m not a mediator between you and God. I can’t go to God for you. I can’t save you.
- I’m not the Savior. You aren’t the Savior. Your Dad isn’t the Savior. Your Mom isn’t the Savior.
- Your pastor isn’t. A preacher isn’t. Abraham wasn’t. Moses wasn’t. Joshua wasn’t.
- David? Nope. Isaiah? Not the Savior. John the Baptist sure wasn’t. He decreased.
- Paul isn’t the Savior. But Paul tells us right there that there’s one Savior and one mediator.
“For there is ONE GOD, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.”
- There is no one else left to save you. You aren’t the Savior in any way, shape, or form.
- Sometimes people think they are going to save themselves through their goodness.
- Sometimes people think it’s all these other things that will lead to them being saved.
- But what they’re doing is putting their TRUST IN THEMSELVES.
They are making themselves out to be the Savior. “Well, I have to do this to get to heaven.”
- “I must be a good person. I must be baptized. I must repent of my sin. I must ask forgiveness every night.”
- “I must go to church every time the doors open. I must give my offering every week.”
- “I must support my pastor no matter what evil acts he commits. I must do this. I must do that.”
- Do you see who all of those things are about? It’s “I must do, I must do, I must do.”
- What about what Jesus did for you? THE MAN CHRIST JESUS is “THE SAVIOR.”
Salvation is all about Him. Salvation is about all the work He did so you don’t have to do all those things.
- He gave Himself up for all. All people can be saved through Him. He is the sacrifice.
- You aren’t the sacrifice. You didn’t die on the cross.
- Your soul didn’t go to hell with all the sins of the world.
- Your body and soul wasn’t resurrected from the dead.
- BUT HIS WAS. Here’s your warning today: “Don’t make anything else out to be the Savior.”
The Jesus Christ of this Bible, the REAL JESUS, the one here in the midst of us right now, He’s the Savior.
- Don’t look to anything else. Don’t look to a religion. Don’t look to a denomination.
- Don’t raise any of those things above Jesus Christ. If you do, you won’t make it to heaven.
- If you think your good works are going to get you to heaven, you’d be wrong.
Your works will never be good enough to earn everlasting life. Everlasting life is the gift of God.
- You can’t earn a gift by working for it. You have less than 100 years on this earth.
- Do you truly believe you can do enough good to earn everlasting life? Think about that.
- The Bible tells us that we can’t overcome 1 sin with our good works.
- One sin and we are no longer good people. We are no longer perfect. We need a Savior.
- Why do we need a Savior? BECAUSE WE ARE ALL SINNERS. We all do wrong every day.
- A foolish thought is a sin.
 Psalm 14:1-3 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. 2 The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God. 3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
- Have you ever had the thought in your heart, “There is no God.” Have you ever questioned God?
- “God are you really there?” I have and it was a dumb thing to do. It was an idiotic thing to do.
- Who do you think that Scripture is talking about? It’s talking about me. It’s talking about you.
- Many religious people don’t like to hear that. “That’s not talking about me.” I used to think that.
- “My church told me I was good. There’s no way that’s talking about me.” Yeah, it’s talking about all of us.
- We’ve all been foolish throughout our lives. We’ve all questioned God before. That’s foolish.
We’ve all been corrupted. We’ve all done abominable works. THERE IS NONE THAT DOETH GOOD.
- None of us have always done good in our lives. God sees everything. He doesn’t miss anything.
- We like to think: “Oh, that didn’t count. What I did that day didn’t really count.”
- No, it counted. God saw it. He didn’t miss it. He knows all your thoughts. He knows everything you do.
- He knows what you were going to say even if you didn’t actually say it.
- “THEY ARE ALL GONE ASIDE. They are all filthy. There is none that doeth good, no, not one.”
- And yes, that’s talking about you and I. All of us. We are not good. We are not perfect.
 Mark 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
- Do you believe what Jesus says or not? Do you trust what He says or do you trust what others say?
- Do you trust what a preacher says over the words of Jesus Christ?
- Jesus says, “There is none good but one, that is, God.” God is good. We are not.
 Luke 18:19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.
- God is good. Jesus is God therefore He is good. He is the one who can save you. He is the Son of God.
 Romans 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
- There is none that doeth good at all times. There’s none of us that have been good our entire lives.
- So, should we trust ourselves and our good works to earn us our way into heaven?
- Should we think that we ever be good enough on our own to gain heaven?
There Are 2 Ways To Enter Into Heaven But One Way Is Impossible
The Bible teaches us that there are 2 ways to enter into heaven. One of the ways isn’t possible for us to achieve.
- The first way is to follow all the commandments of God and never break one of them.
- Let’s look at that way for a second. If you keep all the commandments your entire life, then you are good.
- Then you won’t need Jesus Christ as your Savior because you’re good. You’re righteous on your own.
 Matthew 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
- This is just like the vast majority of so-called “Christian” churches throughout this world.
- You go into the churches and they tell you what things you must do to be good.
- You walk in there and you want to know what good things you need to do to gain eternal life.
- Notice exactly what this Scripture says: “WHAT GOOD THING SHALL I DO TO INHERIT ETERNAL LIFE?”
- Is there any good work you can do to earn eternal life? That’s what this man is asking Jesus directly.
 Matthew 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
- The first way to gain eternal life on your own is to keep the commandments.
- If you’re able to do that, you will gain eternal life. You won’t need to do anything else.
- That’s one way to heaven. YOU MUST BE GOOD. But we just learned that there are none good.
- Jesus directly tells this man, “THERE IS NONE GOOD BUT ONE, THAT IS, GOD.”
But try telling that to religious church people just like this man right here in Matthew Chapter 19.
- He believes that he is good and that he can make it into heaven on his own without any help at all.
- Look, don’t be like this man. Don’t believe that you’re good enough to make it into heaven.
- Don’t believe that YOUR baptism will get you there.
- Don’t believe that YOUR repenting of sin will earn you eternal life. Nothing will gain you eternal life.
- You can’t work for eternal life. We’ve already broken the commandments.
 Matthew 19:18-19 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
- This man asks Jesus, “Which commandments of God to I have to keep?”
- Jesus simply lists a few of them: “Don’t murder. Don’t commit adultery. Don’t steal. Don’t lie.”
- “Honor your father and mother. Love your neighbor as yourself.”
- Do you think anyone has ever kept all of those commandments their entire life 100% of the time?
- “Thou shalt not commit adultery.”
 Matthew 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
- Is there a man who has never looked at a woman to lust after her? Not once in his life?
- Is there a woman who has never looked at a man to lust after him? Not once in her life?
- Let’s get real. We need to wake up to reality. We’ve all sinned. Is it okay to sin? No, it’s not.
 Proverbs 24:9 The thought of foolishness is sin: and the scorner is an abomination to men.
- The imagination of man’s heart is evil from his youth.
- We all have foolish thoughts. We all have vain thoughts.
 Matthew 15:19-20 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: 20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.
- Jesus tells this man to love his neighbor as himself. That means following all the commandments.
- Loving your neighbor is doing good 100% of the time to your neighbor.
- Following God’s commandments is love. This is love that we follow His commandments.
- In order to be loving all the time, as God is, we must ALWAYS do what He says.
- So, do you think this man in Matthew Chapter 19 has always done right all the time?
- Of course not. But he thinks he’s going to make it to heaven on his own because he’s good.
- Jesus just told him that there are none good but God. But the man believes that he is good.
 Matthew 19:20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
- The man says, “I’ve kept all these commandments from my youth up.”
- Do you all believe that to be a true statement? Do you know anyone who hasn’t lied?
- Do you know anyone who hasn’t taken something at some point in their life?
- Do you know a child who has always 100% of the time honored their father and mother?
- Do you know anyone who has never had a foolish thought? There’s no one but God.
So why we won’t believe on God. Believe on Jesus Christ. He’s the one who is good. Not us.
- God is the one who is perfect. God is the one who has never done anything wrong. Not one time.
- This is why TODAY you should change your mind. Forget about the religions. Forget about your goodness.
- Let it go. Trust what Jesus says. He says there are none good but God. This young man wouldn’t listen.
- Jesus told him the truth. Jesus doesn’t lie to you.
- Are you going to say to Jesus, “I’ve always done good.” Is that the truth? Of course not.
 Matthew 19:21-22 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. 22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.
- Jesus says, “Okay, if you’re perfect, go and sell all your possessions. Give it all to the poor.”
- “When you do that, you shall have treasure in heaven. COME AND FOLLOW ME.”
- That’s a commandment from God right there. The man says, “Yeah, I don’t think so.”
- This shows you that the man was a great sinner just like you and I. Don’t be deceived.
 1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
- Some people will say: “I sinned in the past but I don’t sin anymore.” Yeah right.
- You aren’t tricking anyone but yourself, and you definitely aren’t tricking God. He knows all your thoughts.
- We all sin. Jesus doesn’t sin. Since we have sin, what is the penalty for this sin?
 Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- The wages of sin is death. Why do we have to die? Our flesh is sinful. Our flesh will die.
- I’ve heard pastors at funerals act as if they don’t know why we have to die. They shouldn’t be a pastor.
- THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH. We die because of sin. Do you know anyone who hasn’t died?
- Do you expect anyone you know to not die? “Oh yeah, I don’t think my grandfather will ever die.”
- Really? No, we all know that death is coming. Reality matches the Bible perfectly and always.
- We all are dying because we’re all sinners. None of us are good. That’s why we’re dying in our flesh.
But our souls can live on IF we believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. ETERNAL LIFE only comes THROUGH HIM.
- It doesn’t come through us in any way, shape, or form. Our works will not save us at all.
- Eternal life is the GIFT OF GOD. You don’t work for a gift or it’s not a gift.
- The only thing we’ve worked for in this life is death. We’ve sinned and we’ve earned death.
- Those are the wages of sin. The wages of sin is death. That’s why we’re all dying.
And we need to take this serious RIGHT NOW. There is no better time than right now.
- Children, adults, Dad’s, Mom’s, grandparents? Don’t you want to see each other in heaven one day?
- Or do you want to miss that chance and just leave here and forget all the Scriptures?
- You can sit there in your chair, not do any work at all, simply change your mind, believe on Jesus Christ, and be saved right now in a moment.
- The penalty for sin is death BUT the gift of God is eternal life through JESUS CHRIST our Lord.
Why should you believe on Jesus Christ? Why should you put all 100% of your trust in Him alone?
- Why should you forsake all of those other ways that you’ve learned all your life in churches and religion?
- Jesus Himself says over and over and over again, “Forget all those other things. I AM THE WAY.”
- He’s talking to you right now through the Scriptures. The Scriptures are the exact words from His mouth.
 John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
- If Jesus came face to face with you right now, He looked you right in the eye, and He said this to you, would you believe Him?
- He’s looking at you face to face right now and He says: “He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.”
- Are you going to look at Him and say, “Jesus, I don’t think so; My preacher says I must be baptized?”
- Are you going to look at Him and say, “Jesus, you’re wrong; My church says I must repent of my sin?”
- Are you going to look at Him and say, “Jesus, my church says you must speak in tongues?”
- Are you seriously going to look the Almighty God in His face and call Him a liar?
Don’t Call Jesus Christ, The Savior, A Liar
When you think salvation has any other requirements than believing on Jesus Christ, you’re calling Him a liar right here in this easy to understand Scripture.
- This is very clear Scripture. But people miss this over and over and over again.
- They allow false preachers to talk them into something else.
- The entire Bible matches EXACTLY with what Jesus says right here.
- If you think it says something different anywhere else in the Bible, you would be wrong and Jesus would be lying right here.
- But we all know that Jesus doesn’t lie. So, will you call Him a liar today or will you believe what He says?
The only requirement to be saved right now is to change your mind and believe ON Jesus Christ.
- This means to give up all the other stuff that you think saves you and put it all on Jesus.
- Jesus says, “I AM THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD.” In other words, you aren’t. You can’t save yourself.
- No one can save you but Jesus.
When death comes for you, are you going to be silly and think that you being dunked under water is what will save you?
- Think about how silly that is.
- When death is staring you in the face, are you going to think that one night when you fed the homeless is going to save you?
- Do you think mentioning God to someone is going to save you?
- Are you going to actually think that your goodness is going to come alive and save you?
- You baptism isn’t alive. Your baptism isn’t the living God. Your goodness doesn’t exist.
- And do you think those things, that aren’t even alive, will save you from death and hell?
- Think about that. If you think any of those things will save you, you are wrong.
 Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
- I want you to listen to these Scriptures very closely. Only those that do the will of the Father will be saved.
- So many people read these Scriptures and twist them up.
- They say, “See!!! We must do the will of the Father which is good works.”
- “See!!! We must do good works to be saved. We must do good works to go to heaven.” WRONG.
- The Scriptures don’t say that anywhere. These Scriptures are teaching you the opposite.
- What is the will of the Father? Where would we find the truth? THE SCRIPTURES.
- We go back to John Chapter 6. We just saw Jesus say in John 6:47: “Whosoever believeth on me hath everlasting life.” Remember that? John Chapter 6.
- Now we go back to John Chapter 6 verse 40.
 John 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
- The will of God the Father is for everyone to believe on Jesus Christ and receive everlasting life.
- Only those who put all 100% of their trust in Jesus Christ will enter into heaven. That’s it.
- It’s not about good works at all. To prove this, let’s continue in Matthew Chapter 7.
 Matthew 7:21-22 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
- This is the religious people of this world. This is the so-called “Christian” churches of today.
- This is describing them perfectly. You don’t want to be one of these people right here.
- “Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name?”
- “And in thy name have cast out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful works?”
- Please don’t allow this to be you. I beg you today with everything that I have. Don’t let this be you.
When death comes for you, and it will, don’t look death in the eyes and tell death how great you are.
- Death, you can’t take me because I’m so great. I am a good, good, good person.” Death will laugh at you.
- Salvation is not of works in any way, shape, or form. Not before salvation, not during, and not after.
- Listen to exactly what Jesus Christ says to these people who think their wonderful works will save them.
- They call Jesus: “Lord, Lord.” But that’s not enough. Listen to this.
 Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
- Make sure you see this. This is very scary stuff. You don’t ever want Jesus to say this to you.
- This would be the worst news of your life. You think cancer is bad news? You think sickness is bad news?
- You think losing your job is bad news? You think wrecking your car is bad news?
- Just think when Jesus looks you in the eyes and says, “I NEVER KNEW YOU. Not once did I know you.”
- “Get away from me ye that work iniquity. You wouldn’t trust my words so get away from me.”
- You didn’t have salvation and lost it. You never had it because you thought your works would save you.
You thought Jesus was 50% of it, baptism was 25%, repenting of sin was 10%, coming church was 10%, and being a good person was 5%.
- No, see, Jesus won’t save you and give you everlasting life until you put all 100% of your trust in Him.
- That’s called faith. Faith isn’t having a backup plan that goes along with Jesus.
- Faith is trusting in Jesus alone, the living God, the almighty God, to save you.
- It’s you saying, “Hey Jesus, please save me because I know you’re the only one who can do it.”
- “I know that there’s nothing I can do but believe on you to save me.”
- “I know that I don’t have to get up at an altar call and walk to the front of the church.”
- “I know that I don’t have to cry at the front of the church to be saved.”
“I know that all I have to do to be saved is to believe on you, Jesus. I call out to you know. Please save me.”
- He hears your thoughts. You can do that right now, and you will be saved in a moment.
- But you must believe with all your heart that Jesus can and will save you. You must believe on Him.
- For those without a stiff neck, this is easy to do. But for those who won’t hear His words, it’s difficult.
- Hear these words and imagine Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world, speaking face to face with you.
 John 3:15-16 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
 John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
- There’s just one requirement to be saved. Believe on the Jesus Christ of this Bible.
- Believe on the real Jesus Christ of this Bible. Not the one the world and churches has created.
- Not the Jesus who wears a dress, has long hair, and loves everyone no matter what.
- That’s not the Jesus of this Bible. He is a God of wrath. Read the Bible. It’s everywhere.
- Jesus doesn’t change. He says, “I change not.” Jesus isn’t progressive and change His mind about sin.
- He says, “He that believeth on the Son HATH everlasting life.”
- That means if I believe on the Son of God right now, I have everlasting life at this moment.
Follow Religion Or Follow Jesus Christ?
If I just won’t believe on Jesus and I would rather follow my religion that says different than Jesus, what does Jesus Christ, the one who never lies, say right there?
- He says, “He that believeth not the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abideth on Him.”
- The world has lied to you about God. The churches have lied to you about Jesus Christ.
- He is a God of wrath. He is a God of love. But He won’t allow sin, and He will punish sin.
- And your soul will have sin counted to it UNLESS you change your mind and believe on Jesus Christ.
 John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
- Once you believe on Jesus Christ, you’re born again. IN A MOMENT, your soul is saved.
- And you receive everlasting life. You pass from death unto life. Your body is still dying because it’s sinful.
- But your soul is now saved and sealed by the Holy Spirit of God who keeps your soul from sin.
- If I have everlasting life right now, which I do, will it ever go away? God Himself calls it everlasting.
If you think that everlasting life goes away, then you’re calling God a liar again.
- And trust me, you don’t want to do that. It is a fearful thing to call God a liar. I won’t do that anymore.
- I did that enough in my life, and God still loved me and was patient with me.
- Don’t make God suffer anymore because you simply won’t trust what He tells you. Just trust Him.
- If you can trust anyone, you can trust God. You can’t even trust yourself, but you can trust God.
- If you think you can lose everlasting life, you’re calling God a liar.
You don’t’ gain salvation through your good works, and you don’t lose salvation through your bad works.
- SALVATION IS NOT OF WORKS. Gaining it is not of works. Losing it is not of works. You can’t lose it.
- God says so. This is why God calls it everlasting life. And God says, “You can have it right now.”
- The lying false preacher will tell you that you can’t.
- The lying false preacher will tell you that you can lose it.
 1 John 5:10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
- Are you going to believe God or not? Are you going to believe the record that God gave of His Son?
- What is the record? Well, the next Scriptures tell us. Continuing in 1 John Chapter 5 verse 11.
 1 John 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
- There’s the record. Do you believe on the Son of God, Jesus Christ?
- If you do, God has given you eternal life. Have you put all 100% of your trust on Him?
- There’s nothing else for you to do. ALL YOUR TRUST IS ON HIM and IN HIM ALONE.
- “This life is in His Son.” Do you know who gave you this life you’re living right now? Jesus Christ.
Do you know who can give you everlasting life right now? Jesus Christ. LIFE IS IN HIM.
- He is the bread of life. He is the light of the world. Without Him, we would have nothing.
- And you won’t trust what He says? But you’ll trust a preacher that came from the dirt? Over Jesus?
- I came from the dirt. You came from the dirt. Jesus is from heaven above. He is high above us.
- But yet, He came down to save us.
 1 John 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
- There’s the truth of the entire Bible right there. If you have the Son of God, you have life.
- Notice there’s nothing else added there. Jesus alone is enough to save you.
- All these other things you think you need, they aren’t mentioned anywhere for salvation.
- These Scriptures don’t mention anything else but the Son of God who is the Almighty God.
Is the ALL MIGHTY God not mighty enough for you? Do you think you’re going to add something to salvation?
- “Yeah I believe Jesus can save me, BUT I think I need to be baptized in water too.”
- Why? Do you not think Jesus can save you on His own? He saved the thief on the cross.
- He didn’t hop down from the cross and get baptized.
- And yes, they were already baptizing people before Jesus died on the cross.
- That Scripture doesn’t say: “He that hath the Son and has been baptized in water hath life.” Does it?
- No, listen right now and don’t ever forget this: “JESUS IS ENOUGH. JESUS IS ALL POWERFUL.”
- JESUS ALONE IS THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD. Nothing else can stand close to that.
You can add up all the water baptisms, all the repenting of sin, all the church attendance, all the prayers, all the good works, all the feeding of the homeless.
- ADD IT ALL UP and it’s nothing standing next to the Almighty Son of God, Jesus Christ.
- Yes, I magnify Jesus Christ above all those things. Those things mean nothing next to God Almighty.
- Understand that. Nothing. Works won’t save you. Jesus says so over and over. Trust what He says.
- Remember when Jesus said, “I never knew you.” Those people didn’t have the Son of God.
Most people in churches today don’t have the Son of God. They have all those other things.
- They have flashing lights. They have big organs to play their music. They have great singers to lead.
- They have stadium seating that is comfortable. They have bands. They have entertainment.
- They have fitness centers. They have lots of money. They have lots of land. They have huge buildings.
- They have their crosses that are bigger than this building. But they’re missing something very important.
- They’re missing Jesus Christ who has much more than any of those things. Don’t be that person.
- Give up all the other things and go after Jesus Christ alone. Just like Jesus said to that young man.
- “If you’ve done all these things all your life, then give everything up and follow me.”
- Will you give up all those other things and follow Jesus Christ? He’s asking you right now. Answer Him.
- Do you trust Him with all your heart and all your soul? YOU SHOULD. He made you. He knows you.
 1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
- Jesus says, “KNOW AND UNDERSTAND THAT YOU CAN BELIEVE ON ME!!!”
- And you can know 100% for sure that you have everlasting life.
- Believe on Jesus Christ ALONE and you have everlasting life.
- Add other things, and you don’t have everlasting life.
- “Well, I think it’s Jesus PLUS this and PLUS that.” Well, you know what you’re doing to Jesus?
- You’re spitting in the face of Jesus just like those people the did before He died on the cross.
Don’t be like the Pharisees and the church goers in today’s world. Don’t be like that. That’s a warning.
- Don’t make the sacrifice that Jesus made of none effect. Don’t spit on Him. Don’t beat Him. Don’t kill Him.
- Don’t be one of those people. Simply believe on the Lord Jesus Christ because He did it all for you.
- He went to the cross to die for you. He did all this willingly. He never has one bad thought.
- He was tortured. He flesh was ripped off His body. He was beaten for you.
- He died for you. When He died, He fully died. His body was buried.
- His soul went to hell as a burnt offering.
The Sacrifices Offered For Sin Were Like Images Of Jesus Christ
The sacrifices they offered in the Old Testament were a picture of the sacrifice Jesus made for you.
- Imagine living in the Old Testament days with the children of Israel.
- You mess up and you sin one day. You have to go pick out a little lamb form your flock that did nothing.
- That little lamb didn’t do anything wrong. You have to go pick it out and kill it because of your sin.
- You have to burn it because of your sin. The soul of Jesus Christ was a burnt offering for your sin.
- He’s an innocent lamb that you killed with your sin. I killed Jesus with my sin.
- And I won’t spit on Him anymore. I’m going to believe what He says. I won’t call Him a liar anymore.
- Please don’t call Him a liar any more. Believe on Jesus Christ because He went to hell for you.
 Acts 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
- But the body of Jesus Christ didn’t stay in the tomb for long. His soul was not left in hell for long.
- 3 days and 3 nights His body was in the tomb and His soul was suffering in hell.
- The penalty for sin is death of your body and hell for your soul.
- If you have sin counted to your soul when you die, your soul goes to hell.
- Well, Jesus took your sin to hell. He took your penalty. He took my penalty.
- He paid the price for you and I. He didn’t deserve it just like that little lamb didn’t deserve it.
- The resurrection of Jesus Christ includes His body and soul rising from the dead.
 Revelation 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
- Jesus was dead, but He didn’t stay dead. He says so Himself. He says, “I was dead.” Who was he dead for?
- He was dead for you and I. But He’s not dead now. “I AM HE THAT LIVETH.”
- “I have the keys of hell and death.” Jesus owns the keys of hell and of death.
- When death comes looking for you, you don’t have to be scared if you’ve believed on Jesus Christ.
- I’m not scared of death because Jesus is in control of death and hell, and He’s saved me.
- He simply tells death to get out of here. Go somewhere else. Josh is mine. Leave him alone.
- Don’t you want Jesus to do the same for you?
 1 John 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
- Even though we sin against God every day, He still loves us. He sent His one and only Son to die for us.
- He sent His Son to be “THE SACRIFICE ALONE” for our sins. Nothing else is the sacrifice for our sins.
- It’s so silly to think that the blood of Jesus Christ needs something else added to it.
- The Almighty God doesn’t need our help in being the Savior of the world. God knows what He’s doing.
 Romans 3:25-26 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
- Faith in HIS BLOOD is what saves us. Jesus did all the work for us. We simply believe on Him.
- We declare HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS. That’s what a saved person will do.
- A saved person won’t declare our righteousness. He justifies us when we believe in Him alone.
 Romans 3:27-28 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
- The Bible concludes that a man is justified by faith alone.
- The works of the law aren’t required to be saved.
 Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
- Every person in heaven got there the same way. We’re saved by grace meaning we don’t deserve it.
- Through faith means we put all our trust in Jesus alone. Salvation is not of ourselves.
- It’s not of works. It is the gift of God to you if you’ll only believe on Jesus Christ.
- You believe right now and He gives you the gift of God and there is a celebration in heaven right now.
- All people of all time have been saved in the exact same way.
 Romans 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
- Abraham wasn’t the greatest person. He laughed at God. Sarah laughed at God.
- But they changed their mind and believed the promise that God made to them.
- Will you believe that same promise?
- Moses wasn’t the greatest man. God sought to kill him over circumcision of his son.
- Rahab the harlot wasn’t the greatest. King David wasn’t so great. Murder and adultery.
- King Saul did everything wrong but the Bible tells us he’s in heaven. Saul killed himself.
- Samson killed himself. King Solomon went after false gods and built temples to worship them.
- Paul tells us he kept sinning. Peter denied Jesus 3 times after everything he saw Jesus do.
- So how did all these people make it to heaven? It’s very easy and simple to understand.
- They simply believed the promise that God made to them. They knew He would send a Savior.
- Jesus Christ is that Savior. Nothing else is the Savior. Don’t add anything else.
 James 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
- FAITH SAVED ALL THESE PEOPLE IN THE BIBLE. They weren’t good people. There are none good.
- Hebrews Chapter 11 tells us that these people had faith. And just the tiniest drop of faith will save you.
 Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
- You can’t please without faith. But faith alone will make Him so happy with you.
- Believe that Jesus is the Savior. Ask Him to save you right now.
- SEEK HIM from now in your life. Join together with us here, and we’ll seek Him with all that we have.
- We’ll help each other. We’ll grow our faith through His words. We seek Him through His words.
- He speaks to us through His words. FAITH IS POWERFUL.
- I want you to hear these last Scriptures as we close here today. Listen to these closely.
 Hebrews 11:32-33 And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets: 33 Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,
 Hebrews 11:34-35 Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens. 35 Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:
 Hebrews 11:36-37 And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment: 37 They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;
- We won’t be sacred of any of these things. Why? Because we have faith. We aren’t scared of death.
- We know Jesus is standing here in front of us ready to take on anything anyone brings at us.
- These people of faith in the Bible were stoned and killed. Afflicted and tormented.
 Hebrews 11:38 (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.
- Understand that once you believe on Jesus Christ, you’re saved and have everlasting life.
- This world can kill your body, but they can’t kill your soul. You will never die. Understand that.
- This is why all those people with faith stood up for God. They weren’t scared to die. They knew.
- This isn’t a fairy tale. This is the truth from the mouth of God. Hear this last Scripture.
 John 11:25-27 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: 26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? 27 She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.
- Jesus is speaking these same words to you right now. He says, “I am the resurrection and the life.”
- “He that believeth in me shall live.” Do you want to live or not?
- If you’re alive right now and you believe in Jesus Christ, you will never die.
- “Believest thou this?” Do you believe this? Jesus is asking you right now. Do you believe this?
- Are you going to be like Martha right there who had faith? Or not?
Will You Be Saved Right Now?
Will you say right now, “Yes, Lord. I believe that thou are the Christ, the Son of God, the Savior of the world?”
- Or, will you ignore all the words of Jesus Christ and go back to your religion, or the TV, or the world, or the books, or the news?
- Who will you side with? Will you believe Jesus Christ or not? It’s your choice. God gave you the choice.
- Make the right choice right now, and you will never have to worry about death and hell.
- Don’t make Jesus Christ a liar. Don’t spit on Him. Don’t mock Him. Don’t hate Him. Don’t reject Him.
- Why would you do that? He loves you right now, and He wants you to be in heaven.
The title of the sermon was: “Why You Should Believe on Jesus Christ.”
- I hope you’ve seen why you should believe on Jesus today.
- You can be saved right now and have everlasting life.
- As we pray today, call out to Jesus within your heart and ask Him to save you if you’ve never done so.
- If you’re already saved, thank Him for what He’s done for you.