- Sermon Slides for Sermon Salvation Is Not Of Works: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon Salvation Is Not Of Works: PDF
 The title of the sermon today is “SALVATION IS NOT OF WORKS.”
Salvation Is Being Saved From Hell
- Today, I want to talk about salvation or being saved.
- What does that mean? Why do we need to be saved?
- If we need to be saved, we MUST be in GREAT DANGER of something.
- What is it? It’s not only a physical death but it’s the death of your soul in hell.
- You need to be saved from your soul being destroyed in hell.
- This is great torment for all of eternity.
 Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
- So we shouldn’t fear any man or any thing on this Earth because they can only kill our body.
- Your body is only temporary. It’s just a shell that we’re living in right now.
- If you’re saved, you’ll one day get a NEW BODY that’s sinless and perfect.
- This happens at the Rapture. You receive a NEW BODY just like Jesus Christ.
- So, your fleshly body is ONLY important right now so you can serve God with all that you have.
- If you didn’t have your body right now, you couldn’t tell the people you love how to make it to heaven.
- It’s important to take care of your body so you give others the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- If you love with God’s love, you’ll want people to make it to heaven.
- God wants ALL PEOPLE to make it to heaven. He doesn’t want anyone to perish.
 2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
- Repentance is a change of mind and DOES NOT INCLUDE you doing ANY WORK AT ALL
- For example, you can sit right there in your chair and repent and believe on the Gospel
- Repent means to change your mind. It’s not difficult to change your mind.
- For example, you might have thought I was very bad at preaching at the beginning of this sermon
- By the end, though, you change your mind and say, “Wow, that was a good sermon!!!”
So changing your mind can be done immediately without any work. It’s up to you in your mind.
- And notice, your soul includes your conscience and the way you think. It’s not your body.
- Repentance is done through your soul and not your flesh.
- Salvation is not of YOUR BODY. It’s of YOUR SOUL.
- Repentance is not a work. The Bible says so. Repenting of sin is a work. There’s a HUGE difference.
- But look: repentance is not a work. Why is not a work?
- Because it simply means to change your mind. No work involved.
 Acts 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
- John baptized with the baptism of REPENTANCE
- And then it tells you DIRECLTY what that means
- Did John the Baptist say, “Come and I will baptize you in this water so that you’re saved?”
- No, John the Baptist wasn’t preaching that water baptism was saving them.
- What’s that verse tell us that John the Baptist was preaching?
What Was John The Baptist Preaching?
He was saying unto the people, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ!!!”
- Once they believed, they were baptized
- Coming to repentance means to change your mind and BELIEVE on Jesus to save you
- So, you get one chance in this life to get it right.
- Once you breathe that last breath, that opportunity is gone.
- So I’m glad you’re here today because you have the opportunity right now to BELIEVE on Jesus
What does that mean? What does it mean to BELIEVE ON JESUS?
- Believing on Jesus is THE ONLY requirement to be saved. There are no others.
- If you ask a specific church, a denomination, a religion the question:
- “What MUST I do to be saved?”
- If they ADD anything else to BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST and thou shalt be saved,
- They are a false church, a false denomination, and a false religion. It’s that simple.
- Why do I say this today?
- Because the Bible answers that very question: “What MUST I do to be saved?”
 Acts 16:30-32 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? 31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. 32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.
- After the prison keeper and all of his house heard the preaching from Paul and Silas, they believed.
- They changed their mind and they put all their trust in Jesus as their Savior.
- Guess where they are right now? In heaven.
- One day, YOU WILL SEE THEM IN HEAVEN if you believe the same. And I can’t wait to meet them.
- You might be thinking: “How do you know for sure that they are in heaven?”
- “What if they did something really bad after that and lost their salvation?”
- I am 100% sure they are in heaven. Why? Because once you’re saved, that’s past tense SAVED.
- I don’t care what they did the rest of their life. They were saved right there at that moment.
- How do we know this? Because God says so. Not me. God says so.
- This is Jesus speaking in this Scripture here:
 John 10:28-29 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.
- So Jesus Himself says that I give them eternal life
- He doesn’t say you earned it. He says I’m giving you eternal life.
- Eternal is everlasting.
- If you get it today by changing your mind, you can’t lose it. If you could, it wouldn’t be everlasting.
- If it could end, then God would be a liar. Right?
- If you get it today, and you lose it at any time then it’s not everlasting. God would have told a lie.
- God doesn’t lie. He only speaks the truth. So let’s see what He says in the Bible.
- And remember that HE ONLY SPEAKS TRUTH.
 1 John 5:10-13 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. 11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. 13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
- What’s God say? He says to believe and to know that you HAVE eternal life.
- He doesn’t say you get it some time in the future AFTER you prove something.
- He doesn’t say you get it for all the good works that you do.
- The entire Bible says that it’s NOT OF WORKS.
- The ONLY requirement is FAITH ALONE.
- What’s faith? It’s putting 100% TRUST in Jesus Christ to save you. You make HIM your Savior.
- You’re CONFIDENT that Jesus is saving you.
- You believe on the Lord Jesus Christ to save you.
- If anything else is added to that including something you’re going to do, that’s not FAITH.
Billy Graham Was A Liar
For example, if someone like Billy Graham says (and he said this exact statement):
- “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ AND make Him Lord of your life and then you will be saved. You must make Him Lord of all, and if He is not Lord of all, He is not Lord at all.”
- You see: that’s called a very tricky and deceitful LIE because it involves your WORKS.
- This adds works into salvation because Billy Graham says you have to make Him Lord of everything.
- In other words, you MUST follow Him and do everything He says to be saved.
- Billy Graham says, “If you don’t do that, then you aren’t saved.” What a lie.
Do you see how tricky that is? Those are the best lies: the ones that sound really great to you.
- What he said sounds pretty good to someone who isn’t studying their Bible and doesn’t know the words within this book. That’s why it’s so important to read, study, and search the Scriptures DAILY.
- What Billy Graham said makes people who have BELIEVED on the Lord Jesus Christ QUESTION their SALVATION.
- That’s not what GOD wants. God says you don’t need to question your salvation.
- There’s NOTHING in the Bible that backs up what that liar Billy Graham said. Nothing.
- He added to the requirement for salvation. JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF says BELIEVE and you RECEIVE!
Yet, people will choose to listen to Billy Graham or false pastor so and so over the Bible.
- YOU MUST USE THE BIBLE TO CHECK EVERYTHING SOMEONE SAYS INCLUDING ME. CHECK IT!!!
- The word of MAN has no power AT ALL. God’s words are the ones that HAVE POWER behind them.
- What do I mean by power? I mean the type of power that’s going to save you from HELL. That’s power.
- You’ll see what I’m telling you is the truth. Why do I say this? Because I’ve been through the lies.
- I’ve studied the lies. They aren’t in the Bible. God NEVER says anything like these false churches, false preachers, and false teachers.
- Where are most of these liars located? IN CHURCHES!!! Let’s wake up. Open your eyes.
- Find the proof in the word of God.
So that was an introduction to the Sermon today.
- Today, you will 100% know when we’re finished that SALVATION IS NOT OF WORKS.
- Salvation is not of ANYTHING ELSE but FAITH. NOT OF WORKS.
- You’re going to see all the PROOF from the Bible that it’s not of works IN ANY WAY POSSIBLE.
- So, if we can’t work our way into heaven, how do we get there? What do we need to do?
- It’s faith alone that saves you. You can’t save yourself through works. It’s all Jesus. He did the work.
- Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you are saved. It’s that simple.
Let’s Look At Six Different Ways The Gospel Is Being Corrupted
I want to show you the different ways the TRUE GOSPEL is being corrupted by churches all around us.
- And it ALWAYS has something to do with works. Always.
- Here’s 6 different ways the Gospel is being corrupted.
- And you need to see how to recognize this corruption quickly.
- Get away from any church or any preacher that adds anything to believing on the Lord Jesus Christ
- When you add anything to the Gospel, it’s a FALSE GOSPEL with no power to save behind it
- Let’s look at the FIRST perversion of the Gospel through works
Requiring Good Works
- Requiring Good Works to Be Saved (this is the BIGGEST ONE)
 John 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
 John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
 John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
 John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
- That’s just a couple of examples. But you see that verse on the screen right there?
- Jesus didn’t add anything to it. So is that statement by Jesus Christ HIMSELF a lie?
- The Roman Catholics, Mormons, and Seventh Day Adventists are calling it a lie.
- Why? Because they say different.
- They say, “Sure, you have to believe on Jesus Christ but you also have to do these other things too!!!”
- Well, guess what? Jesus doesn’t say that. Where does He say that? It’s non-existent. It’s made up.
- Let’s look at the SECOND perversion of the Gospel through works
Salvation By Grace Through Faith But Good Works In Addition
Teaching that salvation is by grace through faith BUT good works are also required to be saved
- Jehovah’s Witness teach this
- Church of Christ teaches this
- Pentecostals teach this
- Many churches around here teach this trash
- So all of these “ religions” get the first part right but they stopped reading a little too early.
- They lost interest or they got distracted right in the middle of a verse.
- They say you’re saved by grace through faith (which is right) but then they add works to it
 Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
- So they took the first few words in verse 8 and then ignored the rest of verse 8 and verse 9
- Look, that’s why everyone is so confused in churches
- That’s why churches don’t teach the Bible.
- People get confused when most of what’s being said doesn’t match with their Bible.
- What do some churches do? They go find some other translation that says what they want it to say.
- Pickers and choosers.
 Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
 Romans 4:3-5 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. 4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
 Romans 4:13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
 Romans 9:30-33 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith. 31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. 32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone; 33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
 Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
- The Bible is VERY CLEAR and says we are saved by FAITH ALONE without the works of the law.
- Actually, the Bible says it in every way possible.
- Yet, God’s so-called people preach and teach the exact opposite.
- This group of people believes you aren’t saved until after death when you’re judged.
- Let’s look at the THIRD perversion of the Gospel through WORKS.
Make A Commitment To Stop Sinning Prior To Being Saved
Teaching that you MUST first make a commitment to stop doing bad works prior to being saved.
- Jack Chick was a famous evangelical fundamentalist
- He was known for the cartoons he drew
- He taught people that they first MUST repent of their sin and be willing to turn from their sin
- If you don’t do that, you’re not going to be saved
- This man passed away in 2016, but he did his damage by perverting the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- And he did it for many, many years and the world loved the man
- Here’s an example cartoon from Jack Chick
- Look at the cartoon but then look at the verse right below it!
- The cartoon doesn’t match what Jesus says! That’s amazing to me. Do you see that?
- Some of his perversion is still all around us today
- People will say that you must turn from your sin to be saved
So why does this matter so much?
- When you tell people that they must repent of their sin to be saved, they don’t know what that means!
- Ask people. They’ll say, “Well, you need to turn from you sin.”
- Then ask, “Well, what’s that mean?”
- They’ll say, “Well, you have to stop doing certain sins.”
- Then ask, “Well, which ones.”
- They’ll say, “The really bad ones.”
- Ask, “Well, which ones are the really bad ones?” They might rattle off a list.
- Where does that list come from? It’s a made up fairy tale list of the worst sins that you must turn from.
- Jesus never says that. The Bible never says that.
What’s the result of this lie?
- This tells people they must stop sinning to be saved. They must stop drinking alcohol to be saved.
- They must stop doing drugs to be saved. They must stop fornicating to be saved.
- The Bible never says you MUST first stop or even make a commitment to stop.
- Why does it never say that? Because you can be saved right now no matter what you’re doing.
- Then, once you’re saved, God will help you stop doing those things if you truly want to stop doing them.
- How do you stop people from being saved immediately? You tell them they must do something else first.
- Anything you MUST do first is a work. Stopping sin isn’t easy. It takes work. Let God do that work.
- This is Jesus HIMSELF speaking in this passage of Scripture to the Jews.
 John 6:28-29 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
- They ask Jesus, what works can do for God? They are serious about working their way to heaven.
- What does Jesus say?
- THIS IS THE WORK OF GOD YOU CAN DO: Believe on Him whom He hath sent.
- That’s what you need to do first before you can do any good works for God.
- The ONLY requirement to be saved is to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Let’s see the FOURTH perversion of the GOSPEL.
Make A Commitment To Stop Sinning After Being Saved
Teaching that you must make a commitment to stop doing bad works after you’re saved.
- This is taught by many false preachers and false teachers.
- They will say that you can be saved now but you MUST stop sinning after you’re saved.
- What’s that lead to?
- That leads to people knowing they aren’t saved because they sin every day.
- Or, it leads to people minimizing the sin they commit because they think they’re saved already.
- “Well, I did this but it’s really not that bad.”
- And then what happens? They continue to get worse and worse but think they aren’t really sinning.
- That takes you down a very bad and dark road.
- These are the people who think they are really good people.
- “Well, I’m really good because I don’t do what that guy does. He’s horrible.”
- They set up their own measure of goodness in their life and they continue to believe their goodness is saving them.
- But the Bible says that our righteousness will never save us because we’re not good people.
- We’ve all broken God’s law. We are ONLY righteous through JESUS CHRIST’S righteousness.
- It’s not OUR righteousness in any way through ANY WORKS we do.
 Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
- We can’t minimize sin in our life to make ourselves feel like we’re saved.
- Don’t let people EVER tell you that you aren’t saved unless you’re becoming a better person and stopping sin.
- You won’t get any better on your own. You need the Holy Spirit to guide you.
- You only get that Holy Spirit by putting all your trust and confidence in Jesus Christ to save you.
- Understand that turning from sin is a GREAT WORK but it doesn’t save you.
Once you’re saved, you can choose to turn from sin or keep doing it.
- If you keep doing it without even trying, God will punish you in this life on this Earth.
- Why? Because He says He will. You’re His child once you believe on Jesus.
- He punishes to protect you from evil JUST like you would for your child who you love.
- The Bible says if you don’t punish your child, you HATE your child. Why?
- Because it’s not good to let your child do whatever he/she wants.
- They will go in the wrong direction without guidance.
 Proverbs 13:24 He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.
- Betimes right there means SOON. If you’re child does something wrong, punish that child immediately.
- That’s what the Bible says. So do you think God is going to wait to punish you when you ignore Him.
- Oh no He won’t.
 Hebrews 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
- This verse is saying that ONCE YOU TRUST In Jesus, you cease from thinking it’s your own works that save you.
- It says to enter into His rest. Not continuing to work in order to try to save yourself.
- God did all the work.
- Once you understand that, it’s much easier to surrender to God.
- It’s much easier to allow Him to take over in your life. That’s when the real change comes.
- When you think it’s all about you and your goodness, you never let God take over.
- Real change only comes to SAVED PEOPLE who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Those people understand that they aren’t good. They know that even a bad thought is sin.
- Let’s look at the FIFTH perversion of the GOSPEL.
Good Works Must Be Done And Then You Can Be Saved
Teaching that FAITH in Christ doesn’t save you until GOOD WORKS are performed.
- I’ve been taught this myself in Churches.
- You MUST show good works in order to be saved.
- If you don’t do good things, then you aren’t saved.
- Is that what the Bible says anywhere?
- No, it doesn’t. Some people like to take certain Scriptures and twist them to say these things.
- For example, here’s a quote from a so-called Christian website.
“The only thing that interests God is our works; the works He has prepared for us! It is the only thing that weighs anything on the scales!”
- Do you know what that sounds like to me? It sounds like Islam.
- They measure their good and bad deeds on the “SCALE OF DEEDS.”
- Guess what the Bible says indirectly?
- No matter what scale you use, it’s going to be negative unless you have the Lord Jesus Christ.
- You can’t do good works and good deeds to make it to heaven. You can’t be saved through works.
- Once you’re saved, though, you should do good works of eternal significance to earn rewards in heaven.
What are good works of eternal significance?
- Reading your Bible, learning what God wants, doing what God wants, giving people the Gospel that saves, helping people who love God, following God’s commandments, loving God
- None of those good works save you because you’ve already broken God’s law
- If you break God’s law, the scales will never be tipped in your favor
- If you’ve lied, you’ve broken God’s law
- This perversion of the Gospel that says you MUST do good works in order to be saved is spoken about DIRECTLY in the Bible.
 Galatians 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
- This verse is asking the exact question. Did you receive the Holy Spirit by doing the works of the law?
- Or did you receive the Holy Spirit by the hearing of faith?
- When you receive the Holy Spirit, this is the moment you’re saved.
- So this verse is asking the exact question we need answered to disprove all of these FALSE GOSPELS!
- Let’s see the answer.
 Galatians 3:3-5 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? 4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain. 5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
- So the answer still hasn’t been given directly.
- Paul is saying, though, are you so foolish to believe that you are made perfect by the flesh?
- You see: works are done through the flesh. Believing or faith is through the soul.
- Your flesh is temporary, but your soul is eternal.
 Galatians 3:6-11 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. 7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. 8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed. 9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham. 10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. 11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
- If you think its your good works that get you to heaven, then you’re under the law.
- This means you MUST have kept the entire law your entire life.
- The Bible says you can’t do that so you’re cursed. You don’t want to be cursed.
- In other words, give up your good works and count on Jesus to save you.
 Galatians 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
- The SCRIPTURE CONCLDES that ALL ARE UNDER SIN.
- Is there still a question that someone can make it to heaven by their good works?
- NO!!! The Bible says that the SCRIPTURE concludes that you can’t make it by works.
- Why? Because you have sinned. If you’ve sinned once, you’ve broken the entire law.
 James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
- Do you see that verse right there? That’s the reason salvation is not of WORKS.
- Our righteousness, our goodness is like a filthy rag before God. The Bible says so DIRECTLY.
- Let’s see the SIXTH and final point today in which the Gospel is perverted.
You Must Stop Doing Bad Works To Be Saved
Teaching that a person MUST stop doing bad works to be saved.
- If you understand that you’re a sinner, you’ll know that you need a Savior.
- If you think you’re good, you don’t need a Savior.
- People who are saved have understood that they are sinners.
- They understand that a bad thought is a sin and this breaks the entire law.
- People who teach that you must STOP doing bad works to be saved don’t understand the Bible at all.
- They don’t understand that YOU WILL NEVER STOP doing bad works.
- You will NEVER stop sinning.
- You can get better through God’s help, but you’ll never stop sinning.
- You’ll always sin in some way at some time.
 1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
- Some false Gospel preachers will say that once you’re saved, you won’t sin any more.
- Seventh Day Adventists say this. Billy Graham, Ray Comfort, and John MacArthur teach this.
- If you continue to sin, they will tell you that you’re not saved.
- So try again they say.
- Guess what the result will be again? You’ll fail again.
- In other words, they are saying they are perfect now and do not sin and you can’t be like them.
But really, what’s the Bible say about those people?
- They are only deceiving themselves. We know they sin. They think they’re perfect.
- You will NEVER be perfect in your flesh. This is why we MUST die a physical death.
- Your body is dying because of the sin you commit. The Bible says so.
- When you’re saved, this is your SOUL that is saved. Your flesh is not saved.
- If it were, you wouldn’t age any more and you wouldn’t have ANY problems at all.
- So the proof and the evidence is there. You will sin and continue to sin.
But if you believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, your soul is SAVED!
- Do we try to get better and stop sinning? Oh yes, we do.
- We give it our best each day with the Holy Spirit leading the way.
- We don’t just give up. You have the Holy Spirit now. Let Him take the lead.
- That’s the only way you’ll get better. Walk in the Spirit and not the FLESH!!!
 Galatians 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
- Allowing your lusts to take over is sin.
- We are to HATE sin. When we HATE sin, that’s when we’ll stop doing that sin.
- A very smart lady once told me that when she hears a song that says something bad, she immediately turns it off because she doesn’t want to hear it.
- That’s the HOLY SPIRIT within you. That’s walking in the Spirit and not in the flesh.
- The HOLY SPIRIT doesn’t want to see or hear anything vile and wicked.
“Your” Righteousness Will Never Exceed The Limit You Need For Heaven
I want you to see what Matthew 5:20 says today.
- This is Jesus Christ speaking to the Pharisees.
- And many people don’t think Pharisees exist today.
- Well, I say they are everywhere around us. These are the RELIGIOUS people all around us.
- These are the people who believe that WORKS are a part of salvation!
- If you do this and this and this, then you’ll be saved. That’s NOT what the Bible says!!!
- What righteousness do you have through YOUR WORKS? IT’S ZERO. You have NONE through your works.
 Matthew 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
- I’ve seen FALSE PREACHERS use this verse to say that you MUST have works to be saved.
- But that’s what I absolutely LOVE about the Bible.
- This verse teaches that SALVATION is not of works.
- The scribes and Pharisees had ZERO righteousness through THEIR WORKS.
- We have ZERO RIGHTEOUSNESS without FAITH ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST.
- Those scribes and Pharisees in this verse thought they were good.
People in all the religions of this world think they’re goodness is getting them to heaven.
- Do you see this today?
- Jesus is saying your righteousness MUST exceed the righteousness of people who think they are good.
- The Bible tells us we aren’t good.
- In order to have ANY RIGHTEOUSNESS, you MUST believe on Jesus Christ.
- Jesus then goes on to explain after that verse right there that not ONLY the worst of all sins are a sin but the least of sin is ALSO sin.
- We MUST open our eyes and see that religion today is EXACTLY like the Pharisees in the Bible.
What does Jesus call those Pharisees? Those religious people in the Bible?
- Do you remember what He calls them?
- He calls them children of the devil. He says that they’re father is Satan.
- When you think you are righteous, when you think that you’re the one becoming righteous on your own
- Then you think you’re better than others.
- Jesus says, “You aren’t any better than others.” You have no righteousness without Jesus Christ.
- Watch what Jesus tells the Pharisees right here.
 Matthew 23:28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.
 Matthew 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
- Look, the only way ANY OF US can escape the damnation of hell is through the Lord Jesus Christ
- You cannot do good works to save you or to keep it for you
- Should you do good works after you’re saved. Oh yes. But MUST you do good works to be saved. No!!!
- And do you want to know what’s the AMAZING part?
- The people who are SAVED are the ones who are doing the good works in this world.
- Why? Because they have FAITH on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Is every saved person doing good works in this world? Oh no, they aren’t.
- But are they saved? Oh yes they are.
What’s The Parable Of The Sower Actually Say?
I want to look at the Parable of the Sower next.
- This parable is in Matthew Chapter 13, Mark Chapter 4, and Luke Chapter 8.
- I want to look at LUKE Chapter 8 today.
- I want you to see this parable today and understand the parable completely.
- It’s so very important to understand this parable. This is Jesus Christ speaking.
 Luke 8:5-8 A sower went out to sow his seed: and as he sowed, some fell by the way side; and it was trodden down, and the fowls of the air devoured it. 6 And some fell upon a rock; and as soon as it was sprung up, it withered away, because it lacked moisture. 7 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprang up with it, and choked it. 8 And other fell on good ground, and sprang up, and bare fruit an hundredfold. And when he had said these things, he cried, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
- Jesus Himself is CRYING OUT here BECAUSE He wants people to see this and to understand this.
- There’s 4 categories of people Jesus says.
- When you’re giving someone the Gospel of Jesus Christ, there’s 4 responses or 4 categories.
- Let’s see what Jesus Christ HIMSELF says these 3 types of responses will be when the word is SOWED.
 Luke 8:11-12 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. 12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
- The seed being sowed is the WORD OF GOD
- You sow the seed. The devil comes and snatches it away out of their hearts before they BELIEVE.
- Those people aren’t saved because they NEVER believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The end of verse 12 tells us that it’s BELIEVING ONLY that saves you.
- “LEST THEY BELIEVE AND BE SAVED.”
- So that’s the first category of people. Many of these trust their religion and their works to save them.
- It’s a VERY SAD thing. Simply BELIEVE and you’re saved. That’s it.
- Let’s see the second category.
 Luke 8:13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.
- These people receive the word with JOY.
- Are they saved? Oh YES, they are saved because they receive the word.
- But they have no root so they believe for a while.
- But guess what? They believed so they will be in heaven because they are SAVED.
- When temptation comes, though, they fall away.
- You don’t want to be like that. STICK WITH GOD. Don’t fall away. Life gets tough that way.
- Let’s see the third category.
 Luke 8:14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.
- These people are saved. It says there at the end that they bring no fruit to perfection.
- These are saved people who do no good works to bring fruit.
- What’s fruit? Fruit is bringing other people to the Lord Jesus Christ. Spreading the Gospel is FRUIT!
- The thorns CHOKE them. What are the thorns?
- Cares, riches, and pleasures of this life. Don’t let those things choke you out so you don’t bring forth fruit.
- Don’t care about things of this world. Put all your effort into things with eternal significance.
- Let’s see that the fourth and final category is BECAUSE this is where you want to be.
 Luke 8:15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.
- You want to be on the good ground.
- These people not only hear the word and receive the word, but they KEEP IT!
- And with that, they bring forth FRUIT with patience.
- And that last part of the verse there really hit me.
- I get frustrated too quickly when people won’t receive the word!
- But the Bible tells us right there to bring forth fruit WITH PATIENCE.
- If you’ve been out preaching the Gospel during Soul Winning, you’ll know that you better have patience.
- It’s easy to give up when you run into so many people who don’t want hear about God.
- I used to be one of those people. So let’s be patient and keep working for God.
“You Must Work To Be On Good Ground”
Many false preachers use the parable of the SOWER to say, “SEE, you MUST work to be on good ground and you MUST bear fruit to be saved.”
- That’s NOT what this parable says.
- Understand today that the only group in that parable that isn’t saved is THE FIRST GROUP!!!
- Why? Because they NEVER believed. The word was stolen away before they believed.
- This is where Satan puts all his effort today.
- Let’s keep him busy so him and all his little minions don’t have time to do any other evil.
- Let’s make sure they are spending all their time trying to steal away the word of God BECAUSE it’s being preached all throughout this area.
Understand that SALVATION is not of works. It’s believing on Jesus Christ.
- Once you believe, you’re saved.
- It doesn’t matter in terms of salvation what you do before or after you’re saved.
- Because YOU ARE SAVED. Past tense. You have received everlasting life. You are born again.
- That moment of being born again can’t be taken away. God says so.
What are you going to do after you’re saved?
- After you’re saved, you can fall into one of those last 3 categories of people in the parable of the sower.
- Will you fall away because you’re on stony ground and have no root in the word of God?
- Will you be choked out by the cares and riches of this world?
- Or will you produce fruit like God wants?
 Galatians 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
- Do you see that verse right there? Do you understand what that says?
- It doesn’t say anything else other than FAITH in Christ Jesus.
- Take the COAT of Jesus Christ just like it’s a LAMB SKIN coat given to Adam and Eve
- Take that lamb skin coat that was already paid for by Jesus Christ
- PUT IT ON TODAY.
- And know that you are saved by Jesus Christ alone. He paid for it. He did the work.
- You don’t work to be saved. You can work for Him after you’re saved.
But you don’t have to work to be saved and you don’t have to work for Him to continue to be saved.
- Should you work for Him after you’re saved? Oh yes. And I hope you do.
- We give you that opportunity with this church to go out and to do that work by spreading the Gospel.
- Other churches are on the stony ground or being choked out by the weeds.
- They never give you the opportunity to produce fruit for God.
- You have that here. Join us, go with us, spread the Gospel for Jesus.
- You aren’t spreading it for yourself or for this Church.
- We do it for Jesus BECAUSE He’s given us so much.
- We read and study the Bible with everything we have BECAUSE we want to grow and get better.
 1 Peter 2:2-3 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: 3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
- The LORD is gracious to us when we desire to be closer to Him.
- We don’t do good works to work our way to heaven.
- We do it to become closer to the Holy Spirit, Jesus, and our Father in heaven.
- We don’t do it to increase our righteousness on our own.
- We understand that we ALREADY HAVE all the righteousness we need through Jesus Christ.
- We aren’t better than others. We’re only righteous through Jesus and not ourselves.
- If you do good works for God once you’re saved, do you know what happens?
 Job 36:11-12 If they obey and serve him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures. 12 But if they obey not, they shall perish by the sword, and they shall die without knowledge.
- I would rather spend my days here in this life in prosperity and pleasure with GOD ALMIGHTY.
- Not prosperity in my flesh and of the riches of this world. That’s not pleasure.
- Pleasure and prosperity is in Jesus Christ alone.
- King Solomon tells us that he had everything you can think of.
- King Solomon was richer than the biggest lottery winner you can think of and here’s what he said.
 Ecclesiastes 2:17 Therefore I hated life; because the work that is wrought under the sun is grievous unto me: for all is vanity and vexation of spirit.
The Key To Receiving Eternal Life And Being Saved
- Here’s the key to LIFE. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you’re saved.
- Then, go do good works because you love God. He’s saved you. He gave you eternal life.
- You don’t have to, though. Understand that. God is easy on you.
 Matthew 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
- All you have to do is BELIEVE and you’re saved.
- Once you’re saved, read the Bible and simply tell others how to be saved.
- Do this, and you’re doing EXACTLY what God wants from you.
- It’s that simple. Don’t EVER let anyone including churches and religions tell you ANY DIFFERENT.
 2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
- Always remember that it’s very simple and easy to be saved.
- Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you’re SAVED. You have everlasting life. You can’t lose it.
- Let’s close today with one last piece of Scripture from the BOOK OF JOHN.
 John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
- You’re PASSED from death unto life by BELIEVING.
- And it happens AT THE MOMENT you believe.
- Jesus never says you have to keep working for it until you get it sometime later.
- Jesus Christ HIMSELF says so right there. Jesus is the TRUTH. There it is right there.
- The Bible NEVER says you go back once you’ve PASSED from death unto life.
- Your soul is now eternally ALIVE. Thank you God Almighty!