The title of the sermon today is “DANIEL CHAPTER 7.”
The Book Of Daniel Is The Last Book Of The Major Prophets
- We’ve went verse by verse through Daniel Chapter 1 through 6.
- We’re going to continue that right now with Daniel Chapter 7.
- Remember, the Book of the Daniel is the last book of the MAJOR PROPHETS.
- You have Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, and Daniel
If you remember, the Book of Daniel is in chronological order from Chapter 1 through 6.
- Then, when we get to Chapter 7, you’ll see that we go back in time.
- In Chapter 1, we Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego taken into captivity in BABYLON.
- They prosper in whatever they do. The king sees them as the best of any of the children.
- In Chapter 2, Daniel tells King Nebuchadnezzar his dream and the interpretation.
- Daniel is made a great ruler in the kingdom of BABYLON.
In Chapter 3, we see King Nebuchadnezzar make this great image for worship.
- Shadrach Meshach, and Abednego won’t bow down and worship and are thrown into the furnace.
- The SON OF GOD is seen in the furnace with them. They aren’t hurt at all.
- In Chapter 4, King Nebuchadnezzar finds GOD. He loses power and lives with the beasts for years.
- After that experience, King Nebuchadnezzar confesses GOD ALMIGHTY.
- In Chapter 5, we see King Belshazzar of BABYLON having a great feast.
- He sees a hand writing on the wall. Daniel interprets this for him. King Belshazzar dies that night.
- The Kingdom of Babylon is overthrown by the Medes and the Persians.
In Chapter 6, Daniel is made the chief of all the Presidents in the MEDIAN kingdom.
- King Darius respects Daniel, but he’s tricked into making a law against praying to God.
- Daniel prays anyway. The King is forced to throw Daniel into the lion’s den.
- God saves Daniel. The King is very happy about Daniel being saved.
- The accusers of Daniel are thrown into the lion’s den with their families and they are devoured.
- Then we see this new DECREE FROM KING DARIUS at the end of Daniel Chapter 6.
 Daniel 6:26-27 I make a decree, That in every dominion of my kingdom men tremble and fear before the God of Daniel: for he is the living God, and stedfast for ever, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed, and his dominion shall be even unto the end. 27 He delivereth and rescueth, and he worketh signs and wonders in heaven and in earth, who hath delivered Daniel from the power of the lions.
- Chapters 1 through 6 are in perfect chronological order. Daniel always prospers.
- It doesn’t matter who the King is or what he does, God is with him and leading his way.
- Let’s start in verse 1 of Daniel Chapter 7.
 Daniel 7:1 In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon Daniel had a dream and visions of his head upon his bed: then he wrote the dream, and told the sum of the matters.
- So, we saw King Belshazzar in Daniel Chapter 5.
- The kings that we see in order in Daniel are Nebuchadnezzar, Belshazzar, and Darius.
- So, we go back in time to when Belshazzar was reigning in BABYLON.
- This was before KING DARIUS and the MEDES conquered BABYLON.
- In the very first year of BELSHAZZAR reigning in Babylon, Daniel has a dream.
- In Chapter 7, Daniel is going to tell us all about this dream.
Daniel Chapter 7 Gets More Difficult
So, when you’re reading through the Book of Daniel, you’ll notice a few things:
- Chapters 1 through 6 aren’t very difficult to understand.
- Those things already happened. When you hit Daniel Chapter 7, though, you’ll see it gets tougher.
- Why? Chapters 7 through 12 are going to being PROPHECY from Daniel.
- He’s not telling us about things that already happened at that time.
- He’s going to be telling us about things that are going to happen in the future.
When things haven’t already happened, they’re more difficult to understand.
- If we know what already happened, it’s easier to understand.
- The Old Testament prophecies about Jesus would be hard to understand BEFORE He came.
- Now that He came to earth, died on the Cross, and arose from the dead, it’s easier to understand.
- Plus, we have the entire New Testament teaching us about why Jesus came.
So, Daniel Chapters 7 through 12 are more difficult BUT we have the New Testament to help us.
- We also have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit to guide us and teach us.
- So we go back in time when we hit Chapter 7, but Chapters 7 through 12 will be in order once again.
- And we see in verse 1 of Daniel Chapter 7 that Daniel writes the dream down and tells us about it.
 Daniel 7:2 Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea.
- We see the four winds of the heaven striving upon the great sea.
- The four winds simply means they’re coming from all directions.
- The phrase 4 winds in found in the Bible 9 times. Here’s a couple of those.
 Zechariah 2:6 Ho, ho, come forth, and flee from the land of the north, saith the LORD: for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the heaven, saith the LORD.
 Mark 13:27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.
- So, there 4 winds from heaven strive upon the great sea. This is the beginning of Daniel’s dream.
 Daniel 7:3 And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.
- Now, we’re going to see the FOUR GREAT BEASTS come up from the sea. All 4 beasts are different.
- If you remember from past sermons on the Book of Daniel, Chapters 2 and 7 go together.
- Chapters 3 and 6 are similar. Chapters 4 and 5 are similar. We see 4 beasts in Chapter 7 here.
- Do you remember the great image in Daniel Chapter 2? There were 4 sections of this great image.
King Nebuchadnezzar was the head of gold. The Babylonians were at the top of this great image.
- The second part of the image was the breast and arms of silver. This was the Medes and the Persians.
- And remember Daniel is prophesying these things BEFORE they actually happened.
- The third part of the image is the belly and thighs of brass. This represented GREECE.
- The last or fourth part of the image is legs or iron, feet part iron and part clay.
- The ROMANS aren’t mentioned by name, but we now know the ROMANS conquered GREECE.
- And the ROMANS were the empire in power when Jesus Christ came to earth the first time.
- With that GREAT IMAGE in mind and those 4 kingdoms, let’s continue in Daniel Chapter 7.
- Remember, Daniel is now going to tell us about the 4 BEASTS coming up from the sea.
 Daniel 7:4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle’s wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man’s heart was given to it.
- This first beast is like a lion with eagle’s wings. That’s powerful.
 Proverbs 30:29-31 There be three things which go well, yea, four are comely in going: 30 A lion which is strongest among beasts, and turneth not away for any; 31 A greyhound; an he goat also; and a king, against whom there is no rising up.
- A lion is the strongest among beasts. A lion doesn’t turn away from ANY other beast.
- What about the eagle? Did you know MOSES prophesies about BABYLON ion Deuteronomy?
- He says, “If you all forget about the LORD, and you won’t listen to his voice and do what He asks:”
 Deuteronomy 28:49 The LORD shall bring a nation against thee from far, from the end of the earth, as swift as the eagle flieth; a nation whose tongue thou shalt not understand;
- So BABYLON is described as an eagle here. LIKE A POWERFUL LION who fears no one and a SWIFT EAGLE.
- King Nebuchadnezzar represents the KINGDOM OF BABYLON as this first BEAST. Let’s read verse 4 again.
 Daniel 7:4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle’s wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man’s heart was given to it.
- The eagles wings were plucked. This mighty eagle above the entire kingdom loses it’s wings.
- It’s no longer HIGH ABOVE the Kingdom of Babylon any more.
- Do you remember when God took away all of King Nebuchadnezzar’s power?
- That was plucking HIS WINGS. God gave him a different heart like a beast. He lived with the beasts.
- But then God lifted him up from the earth, made him stand up like a man, and gave him a man’s heart.
 Daniel 7:5 And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.
- The second beast is a BEAR that represents the Medes and Persians.
- The bear raised itself up on one side. THE PERSIANS WERE RAISED UP AND MORE POWERFUL.
- The 3 ribs represent 3 FUTURE PERSIAN kings after DARIUS THE MEDIAN and after King Cyrus of Persia.
- We’ll talk about those 3 FUTURE PERSIAN KINGS in Daniel Chapter 10 and 11.
- But they are the 3 after King Cyrus of Persia. Ezra, Nehemiah, and Esther gives us their names.
- Artaxerxes, Darius, and Ahasuerus are the 3 kings of Persia this is talking about.
Darius The Median Is Not Equal To Darius The Persian
Do you remember King Darius the MEDIAN from Daniel Chapter 6? He wasn’t King Darius the Persian.
- After King Darius, there are many PERSIAN KINGS: Cyrus, Artaxerxes, Darius, and Ahasuerus.
- The THREE RIBS in the mouth of the bear tell it to DEVOUR MUCH FLESH.
- And then after Darius of Persia, you see the richest of them all: King Ahasuerus. He’s in ESTHER.
Also, in Daniel Chapter 8, we’ll see the Medes and Persians described like a RAM with horns.
- And one horn is raised up higher than the other.
- The PERSIANS are raised up higher than the MEDES. Same thing with this bear on one side being higher.
 Daniel 8:3 Then I lifted up mine eyes, and saw, and, behold, there stood before the river a ram which had two horns: and the two horns were high; but one was higher than the other, and the higher came up last.
- This says the HIGHER horn came up last.
- When we read the Book of Daniel we see the Darius the Mede as the first ruler.
- THEN, we see the Persians ruling. So that makes sense with the higher horn growing up last.
- So, you see these BEASTS are flesh eating animals. A lion was first with eagle wings.
- Then we see a bear. What do we see next?
 Daniel 7:6 After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it.
- The third beast is like a leopard with four wings of a fowl and the beast has four heads.
- This represents the kingdom of GREECE and its rulers. The first was Alexander of Macedon.
- If you study this man, he was like a leopard with wings.
- A leopard isn’t like a HUGE and POWERFUL lion. His rule began on a smaller level.
- But he leopard is cruel and swift. That was just like the beginning of the GRECIAN EMPIRE.
- After the death of Alexander of Macedon, the kingdom was split into four.
- That matches Daniel 7 verse 6 perfectly. Four of his generals became four governors.
 Daniel 7:7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.
- Now, we see this FOURTH AND GREAT BEAST. It’s dreadful and terrible.
- If you were alone without any weapons, would you rather come up against a lion, a bear, or a leopard?
- It really doesn’t matter which one BECAUSE you’ll need God to defeat any one of those.
- BUT THIS BEAST is different from all three of those. It’s dreadful and terrible and exceeding STRONG!!!
- This is the ROMAN EMPIRE. “It had great iron teeth” verse 7 says right there.
In Daniel Chapter 2, the legs of the great image are made of iron.
- The Romans conquered with power and fear. They truly did strike TERROR among all the nations.
- They would cause a panic, then kill, rob, and turn everything into waste.
- The ten horns mentioned at the end of verse 7 there are ten kings. We’ll learn that later in this chapter.
- The ten horns are like the ten toes on the feet of that great image.
 Daniel 7:8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.
- So, please keep in mind that prophecies in the Bible have DUAL FULFILLMENT.
- This happened previously, but it also applies to the end of the world.
- You have this little horn or ruler that rises up. This is talking about a man who speaks great things.
- As an example, this could have been the ruler of the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH.
- Remember, the ROMANS are the FOURTH KINGDOM, the FOURTH BEAST in Daniel’s prophecy.
The Catholic Pope Speaks Great Blasphemies
The POPE of the Roman Catholic Church speaks GREAT THINGS. He speaks GREAT BLASPHEMIES.
- He says he has power in heaven and earth. He is infallible. He never does anything wrong.
- He doesn’t mess up. He can forgive sin. He can grant indulgences.
- He makes new laws whenever he wants. You can only eat fish on Friday during lent.
- You can’t eat meat on Friday, but fish is okay. Fish isn’t meat? It sure is meat. SCIENCE SAYS SO.
- It’s obvious. But the Pope said it just can’t be warm-blooded flesh meat. Oh, okay.
- The POPE can change any of the laws in the BIBLE. That’s called “SPEAKING GREAT THINGS.”
- When you say something different than God, that’s BLASPHEMY. The Pope = BLASPHEMY.
- I’m not saying for sure that is talking about the Pope, but it matches pretty well as an example.
So, there was an immediate application BUT there’s a future application of this prophecy and FOUR BEASTS.
- The little horn that is coming up on this fourth beast is going to be the ANTI-CHRIST.
- The 4th beast is this great world-wide KINGDOM with rulers who give their power to the ANTI-CHRIST.
- This matches perfectly with Revelation Chapter 13.
 Revelation 13:1-3 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. 2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority. 3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
- So, from our Revelation verse by verse studying, we know the BEAST is the ANTI-CHRIST.
- A BEAST rises up out of the sea just like we’re seeing Daniel Chapter 7.
- In Revelation 13, you’ll see that the ANTI-CHRIST speaks great things just like we see in Daniel Chapter 7.
- Notice the beast HERE is like a leopard, a bear, and a lion. All of them combined.
- The first beast in Daniel Chapter 7 was a lion, the second was a bear, and the third was a leopard.
- Do you see how it’s obvious these go together? Revelation and Daniel go hand in hand with each other.
- The last great kingdom will be like all of these BEASTS and previous kingdom’s combined.
- Daniel’s prophecy of this last GREAT BEAST is the ANTI-CHRIST’S kingdom that he will take over.
- So, remember, Daniel Chapter 7 is Daniel telling us about his dream that he had.
 Daniel 7:9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
- Daniel watched until the thrones of these leaders were cast down.
- He sees the ANCIENT OF DAYS who is God sitting on a fiery throne.
- This is the only CHAPTER in the Bible that calls God the ANCIENT OF DAYS.
- His garment is white as snow. His hair is like PURE WOOL.
- At the end of verse 9, it says his wheels as burning fire.
- In the Book of Ezekiel, you can read about the wheel with fire between them.
 Daniel 7:10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
- A thousand thousands is 1,000 x 1,000 or a 1 with 6 zeros is ONE MILLION minister to God.
- 10,000 times 10,000 stand before him. That’s a 1 with 8 zeros or ONE HUNDRED MILLION before GOD.
- THE JUDGEMENT WAS SET and the BOOKS OPENED. When the judgement comes, the BOOKS are used.
- If you remember, we talked about this in our Revelation studies.
 Revelation 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
- We see that all of the KINGS are defeated. God sits on His throne and is the judge.
- But look, God isn’t judging the SAVED people when He opens HIS BOOKS to JUDGE in the end.
- Revelation tells us who God is going to judge at this GREAT WHITE THRONE judgement.
 Revelation 20:12-13 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
- THE DEAD ARE JUDGED at this great white throne judgement. Not the living.
- Not the ones with everlasting LIFE. The dead were in death and hell it says.
- Those are the ones who are going to be judged according to their works.
- So, is there different levels of hell? Yes, the Bible says so. That’s why God is judging the dead.
- They’re already going to hell. He gets out HIS BOOKS and judges them according to their works.
- EVERY PERSON who doesn’t accept Jesus Christ as their ONLY SAVIOR will be judged by their works.
You Don’t Have To Be Good On Your Own To Get To Heaven
Some people think they’re good people. “Yeah, I have to be good to get to heaven.”
- No, if you think it depends on how good you are, the Bible says you will go to hell.
- Why? Because we aren’t good. That’s right. I’m not good. You’re not good. Jesus says so.
- We all sin and we all mess up every single day. If you’re judged by your works, to hell you will go.
 Revelation 20:14-15 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
- The book of LIFE will be used at this judgement. If your name isn’t in there, you’re sent to hell.
- If your name is in the BOOK OF LIFE, that means you’ve believed on the Lord Jesus Christ.
 Daniel 7:11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.
- The beast is the ANTI-CHRIST who speaks great words against God.
- Daniel watched in his dream until the beast was slain and his body destroyed.
- We see when the BEAST is cast into the burning flame in the Book of Revelation.
 Revelation 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
- So, keep in mind, that we use the Book of Revelation which is much clearer than Daniel.
- We see how they’re related, but God gave us REVELATION to reveal things to us.
- The order of events in Daniel Chapter 7 doesn’t appear to be in exact chronological order.
- Daniel is simply telling us his dream and the things he remembers.
- In Revelation, though, we see the events in perfect chronological order.
 Daniel 7:12 As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.
- So, we know that the other beasts all lost their dominion and power. It was taken away by God.
 Daniel 7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
- Now we see JESUS who is the SON OF MAN coming with the clouds of heaven.
- He comes over to the ANCIENT OF DAYS. So we now know that the ANCIENT OF DAYS is God the Father.
- This is more proof that Jesus and God the Father aren’t the same person.
- Jesus comes in the clouds and comes TO the Ancient of Days.
- I want you to remember, though, what the ANCIENT OF DAYS looked like in Daniel 7 verse 9.
He had a garment on as white as snow. His hair was like pure wool. His throne was like the fiery flame.
- Notice that it doesn’t tell us about HIS FACE. In Exodus 33, we see that no man can see HIS FACE and live.
- But we also see what JESUS looks like in the Book of Revelation.
 Revelation 1:14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
- So, the ANCIENT OF DAYS is not Jesus Christ right there but it does describe God in every way.
- GOD IS FROM EVERLASTING TO EVERLASTING. He is the ANCIENT OF DAYS. From forever.
Jesus Christ Is The Express Image Of God The Father
 Hebrews 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
- Jesus is the EXPRESS IMAGE of HIS FATHER. That means He looks like HIS FATHER. They aren’t the same.
 Daniel 7:14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.
- JESUS comes back in the end of the world to PHYSICALLY take HIS KINGDOM.
- Not everyone is destroyed in the end of the world.
- The people who are in the BATTLE OF ARMAGEDDON will be destroyed.
- But Jesus will rule and reign for 1,000 years on earth and it’s not just SAVED PEOPLE there.
- There are others there on EARTH. JESUS CHRIST will be the KING over HIS KINGDOM.
- And He will rule with a ROD OF IRON. That’s why it’s good to know the LAW in the Bible.
 Revelation 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
- If you want to know what LAWS Jesus will use to rule the Kingdom, read the Bible.
- He will enforce those laws in HIS KINGDOM.
 Exodus 21:12 He that smiteth a man, so that he die, shall be surely put to death.
- Murderers will be put to death. You won’t be able to lie your way out in front of a human judge and jury.
- Jesus will already know, and the murderers will be put to death AS AN EXAMPLE.
 Daniel 7:15 I Daniel was grieved in my spirit in the midst of my body, and the visions of my head troubled me.
- These visions Daniel receives are troubling him. He is grieving because he doesn’t understand them.
- When you read the Bible and you can’t understand something, it should bother you.
- The Book of Daniel troubles me in chapters 7 through 12. When it does that, we need to study more.
- I say, “God, please help me to figure this out. It’s bothering me.”
- He’ll come through when He wants you to know.
 Daniel 7:16 I came near unto one of them that stood by, and asked him the truth of all this. So he told me, and made me know the interpretation of the things.
- Daniel goes over to the one of the SAINTS standing by. Remember, there were millions around the throne.
- Daniel asks one to explain these visions to him. He tells Daniel and now Daniel will tell us.
 Daniel 7:17-18 These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth. 18 But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.
- These FOUR KINGS that arise won’t rule forever. THE SAINTS of God are the sanctified.
- The sanctified are the SAVED people who have trusted on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- When Jesus Christ comes to rule and reign, the SAINTS will rule and reign with Jesus.
 Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
- So, we know we’ll rule and reign over the KINGDOM with Jesus Christ for 1,000 years.
- After the 1,000 years, though, the rule and reign will continue with GOD ALMIGHTY forever.
- The KINGDOM of Jesus Christ doesn’t go away. He delivers the Kingdom to the FATHER.
- But Jesus continues to rule and reign in the KINGDOM OF GOD forever.
- Daniel 7:14 even says that the dominion of Jesus Christ is an EVERLASTING dominion or rule.
 Daniel 7:19-20 Then I would know the truth of the fourth beast, which was diverse from all the others, exceeding dreadful, whose teeth were of iron, and his nails of brass; which devoured, brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with his feet; 20 And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.
- We know the fourth beast is like ROME, but it’s just a picture of what this last beast will be like.
- The fourth beast is diverse from all the others and EXCEEDING DREADFUL.
- So, this is repeating what we talked about earlier. The beasts teeth are like iron, nails of brass.
- It breaks everything else in pieces and rules over everything else. Like ROME did.
- The 10 horns are 10 rulers. Horns are a picture of strength and power.
- For example, in a horned animal, the strength of that animal is in its horns.
The Horn Starts Small But Grows To Be Powerful
As an example, the horn starts out very small and then it grows and becomes powerful.
- All of these state governors are an example. They didn’t really exercise their power until the virus hit.
- Now, they’re showing they have POWER. And people just blindly do what they say.
- They’re growing in power. And they’ll continue to grow in power as long as people do what they say.
- Their mouths speak great things. The ANTI-CHRIST will speak VERY GREAT THINGS verse 20 says.
- He’s going to be more stout and more powerful than all the others.
- That means we haven’t seen a ruler like the ANTI-CHRIST. We’ll know when he’s here.
- When the ANTI-CHRIST says, “You MUST stay at home.” You’ll know when you don’t do what he says.
- Remember King Nebuchadnezzar? He is the first picture of the ANTI-CHRIST in Daniel.
 Daniel 2:5 The king answered and said to the Chaldeans, The thing is gone from me: if ye will not make known unto me the dream, with the interpretation thereof, ye shall be cut in pieces, and your houses shall be made a dunghill.
- The ANTI-CHRIST will imitate Jesus Christ, do miracles, and speak very great things.
 Daniel 7:21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;
- He’s going to make war with the SAINTS. He’s going to win that war with the SAINTS.
- He’s going to kill the saints or the saved people.
 Revelation 13:5-7 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. 6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven. 7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
- So, I hope you’re seeing how Daniel and Revelation are matching perfectly.
- The ANTI-CHRIST is described here in Daniel and Revelation. They match.
 Daniel 7:22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.
- The ANTI-CHRIST prevails against the SAINTS until God comes.
- We’ll NEVER rule and reign here on earth will all the evil and darkness UNTIL God comes and conquers.
- When all of the judgements and wrath of God is over, then Jesus rules and reigns on EARTH.
- That’s when the SAINTS possess the kingdom. It’s only when Jesus takes it and allows us to possess it.
Why does it say until the ANCIENT OF DAYS came? We know JESUS comes in the clouds.
- We know the Ancient of Days is describing GOD THE FATHER.
- But we know God the Father doesn’t come in the clouds.
- Jesus comes to God the Father after the Rapture with all the saints.
- Ancient of Days is an attribute that describes the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.
You can call any of those the ANCIENT OF DAYS. Why? Because all are eternal.
- My Father and I share a common name. Our last name is the same. We share names.
- We’re both dads. We’re both men. We’re both getting old. We aren’t ancient.
- Ancient of days is a shared attribute for the Father and the Son as shown here in Daniel Chapter 7.
- The NAME JESUS, though, is ONLY FOR THE SON. The Bible never says the Father’s name is JESUS.
- Do you remember the sermon when we went through JESUS and all HIS names?
- God the Father and Jesus are referred to as the ANCIENT OF DAYS
- But God the Father is never called JESUS. Ever. Not once. That’s a man-made fairy tale. Not in the Bible.
 Daniel 7:23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.
- That’s what this so-called great leader is going to do.
- People will think he’s amazing and great, but he doesn’t care about them. He’s evil. His leader is SATAN.
- He’s working for that great dragon, that old serpent, the DEVIL.
- He’s going to devour the whole earth, tread it down, and break it in pieces.
 Daniel 7:24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.
- Ten kings arise. Another rises after those 10 kings. The ANTI-CHRIST is different from all the first kings.
- The ANTI-CHRIST will SUBDUE 3 of the kings. Three of these kings must give him some resistance.
- And he puts them down. It says that he will subdue three of those kings.
- They will give their power to the ANTI-CHRIST.
 Daniel 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
- We know the ANTI-CHRIST takes power in the middle of Daniel’s 70th week or 7-year period.
- That’s when the little horn starts to grow and become powerful.
- The seals are the anti-Christ making war with the world and then he switches to just the saints.
- That period is when the ANTI-CHRIST is coming to power but it takes 3-1/2 years to get there.
- He gets a deadly wound, comes back to life, and take power in his new kingdom.
- Then, he rules for a period of 42 months or 3-1/2 years. Time, Times, and dividing of time = 3-1/2 years.
- One time equals one year, times equals two years, and dividing of time is a half year. This is 3-1/2 years.
Daniel Matches Revelation Perfectly
This matches Revelation perfectly. He’s there for the entire 7 years.
- For the first half of the 7 years or first 3.5 years, he is coming to power and persecutes the SAINTS.
- Then the great tribulation occurs and he’s killing the saints. The RAPTURE happens.
- The saints are taken to heaven. The beast is in power at that time and reigns for the rest of the 7 years.
 Daniel 7:26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
- After the RAPTURE, the wrath of God or the trumpet judgements begin.
- God’s wrath begins to take away the ANTI-CHRIST’S dominion. It’s slowly consuming him.
- God is slowly destroying him until the end of those 7 years.
 Daniel 7:27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.
- And then directly AFTER God’s wrath is finished, the KINGDOM’s of the earth are the Lord’s.
- They are going to be given to the saints of the MOST HIGH. His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom.
- It’s not like Babylon that was destroyed. It’s not the Persians and the Medes.
- It’s not like the GRECIAN empire. It’s not like the ROMAN EMPIRE. These are all worldly kingdoms.
- The anti-Christ might have the most powerful worldly kingdom in existence, but God will destroy it.
- And then the HEAVENLY KINGDOM will be setup here on EARTH.
- And God gives that to all of the saved people. And all people will SERVE AND OBEY God.
 Daniel 7:28 Hitherto is the end of the matter. As for me Daniel, my cogitations much troubled me, and my countenance changed in me: but I kept the matter in my heart.
- So this is the END OF THE MATTER. His visions are an overview of the end times.
- Daniel didn’t fully understand everything. We don’t fully understand everything.
- But Daniel didn’t have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit or the New Testament.
- He didn’t have the Book of Revelation, but we do. And we need to work to understand it all.
His cogitations are his thoughts over all of these things.
- His countenance changed because he was troubled.
- But he says that he kept all of this within his heart.
- And remember, he saw these visions in the FIRST YEAR of BELSHAZZAR.
- That was a ruler of BABYLON. So Daniel knew Babylon would be overthrown.
- At the end of Belshazzar’s reign, he saw the writing on the wall. Daniel told him what it meant.
 Daniel 5:28 PERES; Thy kingdom is divided, and given to the Medes and Persians.
- So, these visions helped Daniel to understand more BUT he also knew there was more to these dreams.
- And we now know that there was an immediate fulfillment of this prophecy.
- But we also know there’s a FUTURE fulfillment of the BOOK OF DANIEL.
- The fourth great kingdom is like Rome, but it represents the Kingdom of the Anti-Christ.
- And it’s going to be a world wide kingdom, and a great kingdom.
- But God will take it all out slowly with HIS WRATH and will hand the kingdom to the SAINTS.
- And the SAINTS will rule and reign with Jesus Christ FOREVER. Amen.