The title of the sermon today is “THE BOOK OF LIFE.”
You Need Your Name In The Book Of Life
- Today, I want to talk about a VERY IMPORTANT BOOK in the Bible.
- This book is THE BOOK OF LIFE and it’s mentioned many times in the Bible.
- And let me tell you one thing before we contine: YOU NEED YOUR NAME IN THE BOOK OF LIFE.
- If your name is found in the book of life, you’re saved.
To find all the SCRIPTURE about the book of life, you need to look up the following phrases:
- Book of Life, Written in Heaven, Written in the Book, Thy Book, My Book, The Book of the Living
- Those are the 6 phrases that I used to study the Book of Life in the Bible.
- When you use those phrases, you’ll find 13 areas in the Bible that talk about the Book of Life.
- The first SCRIPTURE that talks about the Book of Life is one of my favorite chapters of the Bible.
- Exodus Chapter 32. Let’s look at that SCRIPTURE now.
 Exodus 32:30-32 And it came to pass on the morrow, that Moses said unto the people, Ye have sinned a great sin: and now I will go up unto the LORD; peradventure I shall make an atonement for your sin. 31 And Moses returned unto the LORD, and said, Oh, this people have sinned a great sin, and have made them gods of gold. 32 Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin—; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written.
- This doesn’t specifically say the BOOK OF LIFE, but I believe that it is based on the rest of the Bible.
- Moses is asking God to blot HIS NAME out of the Book of Life and forgive the others that sinned.
 Exodus 32:33 And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.
- God says that HE WILL BLOT people out of the BOOK OF LIFE.
- Now, some people automatically think that this MUST mean you can lose your salvation.
- People think that once they’re saved, their name is written in the BOOK OF LIFE.
- And then God says, “HIM WILL I BLOT OUT OF MY BOOK.”
- So, I want you to pay attention as we go through all the SCRIPTURE on the Book of Life.
- See if the Bible ever mentions people who are saved being added to the Book of Life.
- We’ve already seen one instance here that GOD will remove people from the Book of Life.
Moses is the first person to talk about the BOOK OF LIFE.
- Next, we see King David talk about the Book of Life in Psalms.
- We look to Psalm 69 verse 28. In this Psalm, David is talking about HIS ENEMIES who are God’s ENEMIES.
- And I want to remind you something about King David before you see Psalm 69.
 1 Samuel 13:13-14 And Samuel said to Saul, Thou hast done foolishly: thou hast not kept the commandment of the LORD thy God, which he commanded thee: for now would the LORD have established thy kingdom upon Israel for ever. 14 But now thy kingdom shall not continue: the LORD hath sought him a man after his own heart, and the LORD hath commanded him to be captain over his people, because thou hast not kept that which the LORD commanded thee.
- So, we see that King David is a MAN AFTER THE LORD’S OWN HEART.
- And once you understand the Bible, you’ll see that King David HATES the people who HATE GOD.
- And God does exactly the same. God HATES people who HATE HIM, who work against Him in this world.
- This is VERY IMPORTANT to understand this entire sermon and the BOOK OF LIFE.
- We’ve seen one SCRIPTURE so far where people can be blotted out of the BOOK OF LIFE.
- Now, we see that King David is a man after the Lord’s own heart.
King Davis Is A Man After The Lord’s Own Heart
 Psalm 139:21-22 Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? 22 I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.
- King David HATES the people with perfect HATRED that HATE THE LORD.
- We’re supposed to do the same thing. Yeah, I know, churches don’t teach any of this.
- If someone HATES GOD, then we are to count them as our enemies.
- KING DAVID knew the LORD. He knew the Lord far better than I know the Lord.
 Psalm 5:4-6 For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee. 5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity. 6 Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.
- God HATES all workers of iniquity. That’s anyone who is working against God purposely in this life.
- ABHOR right there in verse 6 means GOD GREATLY HATES the bloody and deceitful man.
 Psalm 11:5-6 The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth. 6 Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
- God HATES the wicked and HIM THAT LOVETH VIOLENCE.
 Psalm 26:4-5 I have not sat with vain persons, neither will I go in with dissemblers. 5 I have hated the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked.
- Please keep in mind this is KING DAVID saying all these things.
- GOD selected a man after HIS OWN HEART to be the King. David understands God.
- King David understands there is an eternal fire burning in hell for those who HATE GOD.
 Psalm 31:6 I have hated them that regard lying vanities: but I trust in the LORD.
- Most preachers today would say that DAVID is evil. You shouldn’t hate ANYONE they say.
- Just keep in mind this is the HOLY SPIRIT speaking through King David in the Book of Psalms.
 Psalm 45:7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
- God loves the people who are SAVED that HATE WICKEDNESS. Do you see that?
 Psalm 89:20-23 I have found David my servant; with my holy oil have I anointed him: 21 With whom my hand shall be established: mine arm also shall strengthen him. 22 The enemy shall not exact upon him; nor the son of wickedness afflict him. 23 And I will beat down his foes before his face, and plague them that hate him.
- The false preacher or teacher would say, “Well, that’s not very nice, God.”
- “You’re going to BEAT DOWN HIS FOES BEFORE HIS FACE AND PLAGUE THEM” that hate King David?
 Psalm 97:10 Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.
- If you don’t HATE EVIL, the Bible is saying that you don’t love the Lord.
- You can’t LOVE THE LORD and LOVE EVIL. Why is that?
- If you love evil, you will do evil. You will sin. Sin is not obeying God’s commandments.
- LOVING GOD is obeying HIS commandments. In order to love God, you MUST HATE EVIL.
- Sin is NOT OKAY. False churches tell everyone that it’s okay to do whatever you want.
- That’s why they’re so popular. They’re DEVIL CHURCHES. False churches who teach a false god.
 Psalm 101:3-4 I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me. 4 A froward heart shall depart from me: I will not know a wicked person.
- He says, “I HATE THE WORK OF THEM THAT TURN ASIDE.”
- He wants to get away from evil and wicked people. “I WILL NOT KNOW A WICKED PERSON.”
 Psalm 119:104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.
- Obviously, if you hadn’t noticed yet, the book of Psalms shows a lot of HATING.
- False preachers and churches would call this EVIL. “You can’t HATE anyone.”
 Psalm 119:113 I hate vain thoughts: but thy law do I love.
- The hate continues. We are to HATE vain thoughts.
 Psalm 119:128 Therefore I esteem all thy precepts concerning all things to be right; and I hate every false way.
- Keep in mind that King David didn’t write all of the Book of Psalms but he did write most of it.
 Psalm 119:163 I hate and abhor lying: but thy law do I love.
- GOD HATES AND ABHOR’S LYING. And yes, that’s even a little lie.
- With all that said, some false preachers will argue that was just David.
- They say, “King David was wrong when he said all those things about HATING PEOPLE.”
- Well, for the people who say that, have they actually read the Bible?
 1 Kings 15:4-5 Nevertheless for David’s sake did the LORD his God give him a lamp in Jerusalem, to set up his son after him, and to establish Jerusalem: 5 Because David did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, and turned not aside from any thing that he commanded him all the days of his life, save only in the matter of Uriah the Hittite.
- That’s a STRONG statement there about King David.
- “David did that which was right in the eyes of the Lord, and turned not aside from any thing that he commanded him all the days of his life.”
- EXCEPT one thing: the matter of Uriah the Hittite.
- Now does that mean David only sinned once? Of course not. But King David was saved.
- King David HATING the wicked was not a sin. It’s a GREAT WORK to HATE THE WICKED.
- And remember, we’re talking about the Book of Life. It’s important to understand that God HATES people.
- When God HATES someone, they are taken out of the BOOK OF LIFE. That’s what I’m getting to today.
 Exodus 18:21-22 Moreover thou shalt provide out of all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them, to be rulers of thousands, and rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens: 22 And let them judge the people at all seasons: and it shall be, that every great matter they shall bring unto thee, but every small matter they shall judge: so shall it be easier for thyself, and they shall bear the burden with thee.
- Look there. God wanted MEN that HATED COVETOUSNESS as HIS RULERS.
 Deuteronomy 12:31 Thou shalt not do so unto the LORD thy God: for every abomination to the LORD, which he hateth, have they done unto their gods; for even their sons and their daughters they have burnt in the fire to their gods.
- God HATES abominations. Homosexuality is an abomination the BIBLE SAYS.
- God HATES the worship of false gods. There’s more.
Neither Should Thou Set Up “ANY” Image
 Deuteronomy 16:22 Neither shalt thou set thee up any image; which the LORD thy God hateth.
- But yet, everywhere in churches today there are IMAGES setup. GOD HATES THAT.
 2 Chronicles 19:2 And Jehu the son of Hanani the seer went out to meet him, and said to king Jehoshaphat, Shouldest thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the LORD? therefore is wrath upon thee from before the LORD.
- Wrath from the Lord is upon all those that help the UNGODLY and love the people who HATE the Lord.
 Proverbs 6:16-19 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: 17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, 18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, 19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
- King Solomon, who is King David’s son, tells us that the LORD HATES those six things.
 Proverbs 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.
- Now, the false preachers will say that King David must have passed on HIS EVIL WAYS to his son.
- That verse says that you don’t fear the Lord unless you hate evil.
 Proverbs 13:5 A righteous man hateth lying: but a wicked man is loathsome, and cometh to shame.
- A righteous man HATES lying. That’s pretty clear.
 Ecclesiastes 3:8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
- Yes, there’s a time to love and a time to HATE the Bible says.
- False churches teach everyone that they should love everyone no matter what.
- I was told recently that one of the 10 commandments is to LOVE EVERYONE NO MATTER WHAT.
- I guess that person missed all of these verses in the Bible.
 Isaiah 1:14 Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.
- That’s God speaking right there.
 Isaiah 61:8 For I the LORD love judgment, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I will direct their work in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them.
- God loves judgment and HATES ROBBERY FOR BURNT OFFERING.
 Jeremiah 44:3-4 Because of their wickedness which they have committed to provoke me to anger, in that they went to burn incense, and to serve other gods, whom they knew not, neither they, ye, nor your fathers. 4 Howbeit I sent unto you all my servants the prophets, rising early and sending them, saying, Oh, do not this abominable thing that I hate.
- Worshipping another god is something that GOD hates.
- You know this made up god that loves everyone no matter what?
- That’s a false god being worshipped in all the churches today.
- If you read any of this scripture to someone in those false churches, they’ll think you’re crazy.
- They say, “Oh, no, no, that’s not my god.” And they’re right. That’s not their god.
 Hosea 9:15 All their wickedness is in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more: all their princes are revolters.
- That’s the LORD speaking in that verse. He says, “FOR THERE I HATED THEM.”
- “I WILL LOVE THEM NO MORE,” God says HIMSELF right there.
 Amos 5:15 Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate: it may be that the LORD God of hosts will be gracious unto the remnant of Joseph.
- Do you see how the SCRIPTURE is very clear? It’s not one verse about GOD HATING.
- God commands you to HATE THE EVIL.
Yes, God Hates Evil And He Wants You To Hate Evil Too
 Amos 5:21 I hate, I despise your feast days, and I will not smell in your solemn assemblies.
- God hated their feast days because they had a false god that was an imitation of GOD ALMIGHTY.
 Amos 6:8 The Lord GOD hath sworn by himself, saith the LORD the God of hosts, I abhor the excellency of Jacob, and hate his palaces: therefore will I deliver up the city with all that is therein.
- God HATES Israel and what it has turned into.
- It’s an evil and dark SPIRITUAL SODOM the Bible says. HE HATES the physical ISRAEL who HATE HIM.
 John 15:23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
- That’s Jesus speaking. The physical so-called ISRAEL today HATES JESUS.
- Jesus says, “HE THAT HATETH ME HATETH MY FATHER ALSO.”
- The religion of Judaism doesn’t LOVE GOD. They HATE GOD.
- And yet, churches are helping those who HATE GOD. God’s wrath will be upon them.
 Zechariah 8:17 And let none of you imagine evil in your hearts against his neighbour; and love no false oath: for all these are things that I hate, saith the LORD.
- You aren’t supposed to imagine evil against your neighbor.
- Righteous hate doesn’t include EVIL in any way, shape, or form.
- It simply means to stay away from the EVIL. Hate it so much that you get away from it.
- GOD HATES FALSE OATHS.
 Malachi 1:2-3 I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob’s brother? saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob, 3 And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.
- God HATED Esau.
 Romans 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
- Yet, some preachers say that God didn’t really HATE Esau.
 Hebrews 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
- Some false preachers say that the New Testament doesn’t say the same thing as the Old Testament.
- Oh yes it does!!! It aligns perfectly and matches perfectly.
- That verse in Hebrews is straight from the Book of Psalms and it says to HATE INIQUITY.
 Jude 23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
- For people who don’t hate God, we’re supposed to pull them out of the fire.
- But, we’re supposed to hate the sin ALWAYS.
- But the wicked people who HATE GOD, we are to HATE THEM.
- It’s not the false “LOVE THE SINNER HATE THE SIN” trash that came from Ghandi.
- We aren’t supposed to HATE the unsaved. We’re to HATE the people who HATE GOD.
 Revelation 2:6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.
- That’s Jesus Christ speaking in the New Testament.
- Jesus is praising the church who HATES the doctrine or teaching of the Nicolaitans.
- This is the church at Ephesus He is praising for HATING.
 Revelation 2:15 So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.
- He’s condemning the church at Pergamos for holding the doctrine that HE HATES.
- So, look, I’m pretty sure I’ve made it clear that GOD HATES.
- He hates SIN, wickedness, and HE HATES THE WICKED PEOPLE TOO.
- And what I showed you today is just a start in the Bible.
- We could go through all the verses about GOD ABHORRING people or greatly hating them.
- Here’s a couple and then I’m moving on.
 Leviticus 20:23 And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them.
- God GREATLY HATES the entire nations who don’t follow HIS COMMANDMENTS.
 Deuteronomy 32:19-20 And when the LORD saw it, he abhorred them, because of the provoking of his sons, and of his daughters. 20 And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation, children in whom is no faith.
- GOD HATES PEOPLE. Why? He hates those who worship a false god especially.
- “A CHILDREN IN WHOM IS NO FAITH.” He says they have NO FAITH, therefore I hate them.
- So, if you remember, we were talking about KING DAVID hating people.
- He was a man after the Lord’s own heart. Do you see why now?
God’s Enemies Are Not People We Should Love
So, when we go back to PSALMS to find out more about the Book of Life, what do we see?
- We look to Psalm 69 in which David is talking about HIS ENEMIES who are GOD’S ENEMIES.
- In other words, these people King David is talking about HATE GOD.
- So, what do you think King David is going to be saying?
 Psalm 69:22-23 Let their table become a snare before them: and that which should have been for their welfare, let it become a trap. 23 Let their eyes be darkened, that they see not; and make their loins continually to shake.
- King David is not asking for good to these people.
 Psalm 69:24-25 Pour out thine indignation upon them, and let thy wrathful anger take hold of them. 25 Let their habitation be desolate; and let none dwell in their tents.
- He’s asking GOD to pour out HIS WRATH on those people who HATE GOD and HATE HIM.
 Psalm 69:26-27 For they persecute him whom thou hast smitten; and they talk to the grief of those whom thou hast wounded. 27 Add iniquity unto their iniquity: and let them not come into thy righteousness.
- What do you think verse 27 means? He’s saying, “DON’T LET THEM BE SAVED.”
- “DON’T LET THEM BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST.”
- Why? Because they HATE GOD!!! They don’t deserve to be saved is what King David is saying.
- And then watch this next part.
 Psalm 69:28 Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous.
- In other words, send them to hell is what David is asking God to do.
- And look, this is a man after God’s own heart. You saw all the SCRIPTURE.
- If that seems evil to you, you better wake up today.
“LET THEM BE BLOTTED OUT OF THE BOOK OF THE LIVING.”
- That’s talking about the book of life.
- So far, we’ve seen a verse from Moses talking about blotting him out of the book of life.
- Now, we see King David talking asking God to blot the evil and wicked out of the book of the living.
- Let’s move on and notice we haven’t seen anything about people being added to the Book of Life.
 Daniel 12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
- This verse is talking about people being delivered who are found written in the book.
- That’s talking about end times prophecy.
- People who are written in the BOOK OF LIFE at that time will be SAVED.
 Luke 10:17-20 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name. 18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. 19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. 20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.
- Jesus gave those 70 men POWER over the enemy. Nothing will hurt them He says.
- He tells them not to rejoice over that BUT rejoice because your names are written in heaven.
- Your names are written in the BOOK OF LIFE. You’re saved.
- In other words, once you’re SAVED, your name isn’t going to be blotted out of the Book of Life.
- When Moses asked for his name to be blotted out to take the place of his people, it couldn’t happen.
- God gives eternal life to those who are saved. Once saved, your name doesn’t get blotted out.
But then why does the Bible mention people’s names being blotted out?
- Well, let’s continue and this will all make sense as we study the Bible.
 Philippians 4:1-4 Therefore, my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved. 2 I beseech Euodias, and beseech Syntyche, that they be of the same mind in the Lord. 3 And I intreat thee also, true yokefellow, help those women which laboured with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other my fellowlabourers, whose names are in the book of life. 4 Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.
- Paul is writing to HIS BRETHREN. That’s the SAVED PEOPLE in the CHURCH.
- He’s writing to a CHURCH and that’s a TRUE CHURCH who believes on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- This is a CHURCH who knows that Jesus ALONE is the Savior.
- He says that they LABORED with HIM in the GOSPEL.
- He says, “WHOSE NAMES ARE IN THE BOOK OF LIFE.” Rejoice for that reason.
- Once you’re saved, your name is written in the Book of Life, and it’s not leaving.
 Hebrews 12:22-24 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, 23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, 24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.
- Once you’re saved, your NAME is WRITTEN in heaven.
- What man is going to remove your name from the BOOK OF LIFE now.
- God NEVER says He’s going to remove it. He says you be sure that you’re saved.
 Acts 17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.
- He’s given ASSURANCE unto all men.
- You can be sure your name isn’t going to be removed from the Book of Life.
- Later, we’re going to talk about judgment for the righteous and for the wicked.
- Everyone will be judged but not how you think.
The Book Of Revelation Talks About The Book Of Life
Now, we’re moving to the Book of Revelation which talks about the Book of Life more than any other book.
- There are 7 occurrences of the Book of Life in Revelation.
- Let’s look at each one because these are really going to solidify what I’m telling you today.
- So, I’ve told you that God will NOT remove your name from the Book of Life once you’re saved.
- And you might say, “Well, what SAITH the Scripture? Where does it say that?”
Well, the entire Bible teaches that you have EVERLASTING life once you believe on Jesus Christ.
- That means to put all your trust and confidence on HIM to save you.
- It can’t be about you being good and doing good works to earn your way into heaven.
- It’s all Jesus. Once you put all your trust on HIM, that’s FAITH IN HIM and in HIS NAME.
- Then you’re saved. You HAVE eternal life Jesus says over and over again.
- But, the next verse tells us that He won’t remove your name from the Book of Life once you’re saved.
 Revelation 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
- That’s Jesus speaking right here. He says, “I WILL NOT BLOT OUT HIS NAME OUT OF THE BOOK OF LIFE.”
- Who is Jesus talking about? He says He won’t do that for “HE THAT OVERCOMETH.”
So, you have to OVERCOME to be permanently included in the Book of Life and have assurance that you’re saved.
- What does that mean? What are you going to have to do to OVERCOME?
- False preachers teach you MUST be faithful all your life and obey God the rest of your life.
- Then you can be sure. Well, that’s not very sure. That’s not good news.
- They should have just flipped back a few pages and they would have seen this in the Book of 1 John.
 1 John 5:4-5 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. 5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
- The Bible is very clear once you start studying.
- If you believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, you’re saved at the moment you believe.
- Jesus HIMSELF calls it a NEW BIRTH. He says, “You MUST be born again.” It’s a moment in time.
“WHATSOEVER IS BORN OF GOD OVERCOMETH THE WORLD.”
- That’s how you overcome the world. You get the Holy Spirit living inside of you. You’re born of God.
- “Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?”
- You can’t overcome the world on your own. Only JESUS can do that. Believe on HIM and you’re saved.
- Now, Revelation 3:5 makes perfect sense with the entire rest of the Bible. Let’s read it again.
 Revelation 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
- Do you see how that makes sense now? Once you’re saved, He won’t blot you out of the BOOK OF LIFE.
- Jesus says so. But yet, churches teach that you can lose your salvation.
- They don’t understand how the Book of Life works.
- By the end of this sermon, you’ll know exactly how it works. Why? Because we’ve studied the SCRIPTURE.
- Now, we move to Revelation Chapter 13.
 Revelation 13:4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
- The dragon in this Scripture is the DEVIL or SATAN. We learn that in Revelation Chapter 12.
 Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
- So, we know the dragon is SATAN. The beast in Revelation Cahpter 13 is the ANTI-CHRIST.
- And remember, the ANTI-CHRIST will be a flesh and blood HUMAN.
- Satan is a covering cherub or an angel which is a SPIRIT.
- Continuing in Revelation Chapter 13 verse 5.
 Revelation 13:5-7 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. 6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven. 7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
- This is talking about the ANTI-CHRIST having power given to him from the DRAGON, from Satan.
- He’s going to make WAR with the saints and overcome them.
- And then watch the next verse about the BOOK OF LIFE.
 Revelation 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
- So now we get even more information about the Book of Life.
- Who will worship the ANTI-CHRIST?
- It’s going to be all those people whose names are not written in the BOOK OF LIFE OF THE SLAIN LAMB.
- If you’re saved, your name is WRITTEN in the Book of Life and you will not worship the Anti-Christ.
- The Bible says so. He is not going to deceive you. God will be with you. Trust HIM.
A very important part of the verse is “FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD.”
- Every person who lives on this EARTH was written in the Book of Life from the foundation of the world.
- God already knew you before you were born. You were in HIS PLAN from the beginning of the world.
- That was several thousand years ago. You were written in that BOOK OF LIFE.
- He gave you life. If you ever believe on HIM, your name will NEVER be removed.
- If you reject HIM, your name will be removed once HE REJECTS you. God rejects people who reject HIM.
All Names Are Written In The Book Of Life From The Foundation Of The World
So, all names are written in the BOOK OF LIFE from the foundation of the world.
- The names of people who are rejected by God will be removed from the Book of Life.
- He doesn’t remove the names if they still have a chance to be saved.
- So, people who still have a chance to be saved WILL NOT WORSHIP the Anti-Christ.
- If you’re still here on Earth when that happens, you’ll know all those who worship the Anti-Christ are rejected by God.
- They are not in the Lamb’s Book of Life. Revelation 13:8 says so.
Names are NEVER added to the Book of Life in the Bible, but they are removed.
- And we also know that you can’t be removed from the Book of Life once you’re saved.
- So it only makes sense that all names are there from the beginning and removed once rejected by God.
- Once removed, their part can NEVER be added back into the Book of Life.
- We’ll talk about that some more, but for now, let’s keep going.
 Revelation 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
- From the foundation of the world, all names are written in the Book of Life.
- God’s plan is that all people will be saved. All names are in there to be saved.
- All people get a choice to be saved. Those who reject God will not be left in the Book of Life.
- That’s EXACTLY what the Bible is teaching us in all of these verses.
- Let’s move to Revelation Chapter 20. The great white throne judgment.
- This happens after the 1,000 year reign of Jesus Christ on the Earth.
- This happens after the DEVIL is cast into the lake of fire once and for all.
 Revelation 20:11-12 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
- The DEAD are being judged at the great white throne judgment.
- Not the LIVING who are in the BOOK OF LIFE. They are saved and ALIVE forevermore.
- The Book of Life is there and these other books are going to judge the DEAD.
- I believe those BOOKS are the BOOKS OF THE BIBLE, the word of God.
- The names aren’t in the Book of Life because they’re dead. And they will be judged.
Why would the dead be judged? The living are judged too. How are they judged?
- Their works are passed through a fire. If anything passes through, they receive a reward in heaven.
- So obviously, there’s going to be different levels in heaven. Everyone will be judged.
- But the dead are being judged in the same way. There will be different levels in hell.
 Matthew 23:14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows’ houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
- That’s Jesus speaking. He says, “Therefore YE SHALL RECEIVE the GREATER DAMNATION!!!”
 Matthew 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
- A proselyte is a new convert to their false religion. You see that all around here today in the so-called “Christian” churches. They aren’t Christian churches.
- They blaspheme the name of God. They create TWOFOLD MORE THE CHILD OF HELL THAN THEMSELVES.
- That must mean there is a greater damnation in hell.
- That’s why the dead are being judged. They are already going to hell. Why would they be judged?
- Their damnation will be adjusted according to the works they’ve done.
- So don’t worry, those evil and wicked child molestors will PAY for what they’ve done.
 Revelation 20:13-15 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
- That’s why the BOOK OF LIFE was brought out during the judgment.
- There is no arguing about who deserves to be in heaven.
- If you want to be judged by your works, God will judge you by your works.
- You don’t want to be JUDGED by your works in order to get to heaven.
- You don’t make it into heaven that way. It’s FAITH ALONE that gets you into that Book of Life.
- Once in heaven, then you are judged by your good works to get eternal rewards in heaven.
- If you’re not in the BOOK OF LIFE, you will be cast into the lake of fire.
- That’s why you better get into the BOOK OF LIFE today.
Revelation Chapter 21 Talks About The Book Of Life
The second to last time the Book of Life is mentioned in the Bible is Revelation Chapter 21.
- We’re talking about the HEAVENLY CITY. Let’s look at verse 23.
 Revelation 21:23-26 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. 24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. 25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. 26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
- We don’t need light in that HEAVENLY CITY. I can’t wait to see you all there.
- We’ll remember this day and say do you remember that sermon about the Book of Life?
- Continuing in verse 27.
 Revelation 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb’s book of life.
- Remember, your soul is saved. You’ll get a new body at the RAPTURE. It’s the day of REDEMPTION.
- You will not have sin any more. It won’t be a battle any more. You will be perfected through Jesus Christ.
- And we thank Him for that today. Only people who are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life will enter.
- No one who has been rejected by God will ever enter into the HEAVENLY CITY.
- God rejects the evil and wicked people who continuously reject HIM. HE IS GOD. Don’t reject God.
Did You Know God Rejects People?
Churches won’t teach that God rejects people. But He does. It’s very clear within the Bible.
- He doesn’t throw people into hell that HE LOVES. He has LOVED all people. They were in the Book of Life.
- Babies are in heaven. They are written in the BOOK OF LIFE.
- Most of the people in heaven are probably babies who have been aborted by these sick and nasty people in our world today.
- The rejects had CHANCES all their life to accept Jesus.
- But they wouldn’t humble themselves for a split second.
- False churches will say that God doesn’t reject anyone.
 Jeremiah 6:30 Reprobate silver shall men call them, because the LORD hath rejected them.
- Now, does God reject people? “BECAUSE THE LORD HATH REJECTED THEM.”
- When that happens, they are removed from the Book of Life.
- Don’t let the rejects tell you that you can lose your salvation by twisting Scripture.
- The rejects are the ones who NEVER had salvation. They never believed. They had the chance.
 Revelation 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
- Now, after this sermon and studying the Bible, does that verse make sense?
- “God shall take away HIS PART out of the BOOK OF LIFE.”
- Anyone who wants to change God’s words, they aren’t saved.
- The people who are creating these corrupted and false bible versions are not saved.
- They even changed that verse right there!!! That’s the one with the warning.
- That should tell you something. THEY ARE REJECTED.
 Romans 1:27-28 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. 28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
- God GIVES PEOPLE UP Romans Chapter 1 says.
- He gives them over to a REPROBATE MIND. That means they are rejected.
 2 Corinthians 13:5-7 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates? 6 But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates. 7 Now I pray to God that ye do no evil; not that we should appear approved, but that ye should do that which is honest, though we be as reprobates.
- The New Testament very clearly talks about God rejecting people over and over again.
Reject Faith = Rebrobate Or Rejected Concerning The Faith
 2 Timothy 3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
- Those men resist the truth and have rejected FAITH. Then God rejects them.
 Titus 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.
- You can’t do good works if you’re rejected. You can’t fight the fleshly desires.
- Reprobates or rejects follow their own desires and could care less about anyone else.
- So to close, this is for all those false preachers who say that GOD LOVES EVERYONE NO MATTER WHAT.
- I want them to see this today. I want you to see this today.
- Always remember PROVERBS CHAPTER 1, the second half of the chapter.
- God says that HE calls out to these people who continue to reject HIM over and over again.
 Proverbs 1:22-23 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge? 23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.
- God sends the HOLY SPIRIT to save people in this world. He works in the unbelievers.
- He gives them all the chances they need. He is patient and longsuffering to all.
 Proverbs 1:24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
- He called. They REFUSED. He stretched out HIS HAND and they act like they didn’t see it.
 Proverbs 1:25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
- They wouldn’t listen to God. So watch what happens.
 Proverbs 1:26-27 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; 27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
- God will laugh when the REJECTED people need HIS HELP. He will mock them when fear comes.
- That’s why God warns people over and over again to STOP rejecting HIM.
 Proverbs 1:28-30 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: 29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD: 30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.
- God says they will call upon HIM, but He won’t answer. The Book of Romans says, “Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
- When God rejects someone, they can’t believe on HIM. They might try to seek Him, and they can’t.
- The Bible says that ESAU sought repentance or a change of mind with tears and couldn’t find it.
 Hebrews 6:4-6 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
- Some false preachers try to use Hebrews 6 to say you can lose your salvation.
- That SCRIPTURE right there is talking about the same thing Provers Chapter 1 is talking about.
- The HOLY SPIRIT convicts these people to listen, to hear, to understand.
- They understand, they are enlightened on how to be saved, the light bulb goes off.
- They are partakers of the HOLY GHOST because the HOLY GHOST works in the unsaved to SAVE THEM.
But what do they do? THEY REJECT GOD one final time. He tried. They said, NO!!!
- Verse 6 says it is impossible to renew them to repentance or a change of mind to Jesus Christ.
- They put Jesus to an open shame and God puts them to an open shame. THEY ARE REJECTED.
I hope all of this makes sense to you now. I used many verses that false preachers twist.
- Don’t let them twist the SCRIPTURES on you.
- We used the entire Bible today to study the Book of Life.
- Now you know how the Book of Life works.
- The entire Bible makes sense when it comes to the Book of Life.
- Once you’re saved, you can’t lose it. Your NAME is written in heaven. You have LIFE forevermore.