The title of the sermon today is “DANIEL CHAPTER 6.”
Daniel Is Filled With Bible Prophecy
- So far we’ve been through Daniel Chapter 1 through 5 verse by verse.
- We know that Daniel is a great prophet in the Bible. DANIEL IS A BOOK FILLED WITH PROPHECY.
- There are 12 chapters and remember, the Book of Daniel is clearly cut in half just like Revelation.
Chapters 1 through 6 are in chronological order just like Revelation Chapters 1 through 11.
- We go back in time once we hit Daniel Chapter 7. Same thing with Revelation Chapter 12.
- Then Daniel Chapters 7 through 12 are in chronological order just like Revelation 12 through 22.
- When we get to Daniel Chapter 7, we’ll see it’s more difficult to understand than Chapters 1 through 6.
- Same thing with the Book of Revelation. The division in the books is very clear and obvious.
In Daniel Chapter 1, we see Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego taken.
- They request to not eat what the King is giving them. They prosper.
- They’re seen as the best of the best.
In Chapter 2, we see King Nebuchadnezzar forgetting his dream.
- He wants to know the dream and the interpretation. The magicians tell him he’s crazy.
- The King is going to kill all of them. Daniel prays to God with Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.
- God shows Daniel the dream and the interpretation. Daniel takes that to the King.
- Daniel is rewarded by the King and made a ruler in his kingdom.
In Chapter 3, we see King Nebuchadnezzar making this golden image for everyone to worship.
- Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego won’t bow down and worship the image.
- They’re cast into the fiery furnace. The Son of God comes down from heaven and saved them.
- Not even one thread on their clothes is burned. Nebuchadnezzar sees the miracle with his own eyes.
In Chapter 4, King Nebuchadnezzar tells us about his experience with finding the one true God.
- He has a dream. Daniel interprets the dream.
- King Nebuchadnezzar loses power and goes to live out with the beasts of the field.
- God brings him down. God humbles him. King Nebuchadnezzar accepts all of it.
- The king confesses that God Almighty is the one true God.
In Chapter 5, we see King Belshazzar having a great feast.
- He sees hand writing on the wall that scares and greatly troubles the king.
- No one can interpret the writing on the wall. The queen remembers Daniel.
- Daniel preaches against the King right there. Pride and idolatry.
- Daniel interprets the writing on the wall. It’s not good for King Belshazzar.
- At the end of Chapter 5, we see this.
 Daniel 5:30-31 In that night was Belshazzar the king of the Chaldeans slain. 31 And Darius the Median took the kingdom, being about threescore and two years old.
- King Belshazzar is slain. The Babylonians or Chaldeans are the same thing.
- We see the Babylonians are defeated by the Medes and the Persians.
- Who takes over as king? DARIUS THE MEDIAN takes the Kingdom. He’s about 62 years old.
- Let’s start there in Daniel Chapter 6. We’re going to see the type of leader we have in Darius the Median.
 Daniel 6:1-2 It pleased Darius to set over the kingdom an hundred and twenty princes, which should be over the whole kingdom; 2 And over these three presidents; of whom Daniel was first: that the princes might give accounts unto them, and the king should have no damage.
- We see that King Darius setup a new structure and new order to the kingdom.
- He sets up 120 princes over the entire kingdom.
- Over the 120 princes he sets up 3 presidents. The first president is DANIEL.
- Daniel is SECOND RULER in the entire kingdom. Only the King is above Daniel.
- If you remember, King Belshazzar just promised Daniel THIRD RULER in the Kingdom.
- Well, now he’s the second ruler in the KINGDOM.
Darius Appears To Rule The Kingdom Well
But notice what it says about the 120 princes and the 3 presidents at the end of verse 2.
- “That the princes might give accounts unto them, and the king should have no damage.”
- The 3 presidents are going to make sure the 120 princes are ruling properly.
- If one of the princes is caught up in some scandal, it looks bad on the king. He doesn’t want that.
- So you can see he’s starting out as a decent king. He doesn’t want corruption in his kingdom.
This is just like on a NAVY SHIP. The captain is responsible for everyone.
- If someone does something wrong, the Captain is going to take the fall.
- How could you allow something like that to happen on YOUR SHIP, on YOUR WATCH?
- Why is it the Captain’s fault? Because the Captain needs to make sure he has the right leaders in place.
- Responsibility and leadership flows down from the CAPTAIN.
- If he puts the right leaders in place at every level, everything should flow smoothly.
- If not, when someone messes up, it comes back to the Captain.
And that’s exactly how it’s working here in Daniel Chapter 6.
- King Darius sets up 120 princes as leaders and 3 presidents to oversee those 120 princes.
- He knows if corruption is taking place in his kingdom that it’s going to look bad on him.
- That’s one reason he chooses Daniel as HIS TOP PRESIDENT. Daniel has a great reputation.
- But let’s watch what happens next. Verse 3.
 Daniel 6:3 Then this Daniel was preferred above the presidents and princes, because an excellent spirit was in him; and the king thought to set him over the whole realm.
- Daniel is PREFERRED above ALL THE PRESIDENTS AND ALL THE PRINCES.
- Why? He has an excellent SPIRIT within HIM. That’s the SPIRIT OF GOD within Daniel.
- Because of that, the King wants Daniel to be OVER THE WHOLE REALM.
 Proverbs 22:29 Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.
- Daniel was diligent in HIS BUSINESS. He was steady. He worked hard. He wasn’t idle or negligent.
- “HE SHALL STAND BEFORE KINGS.” That’s exactly what Daniel did.
- He didn’t stand among the average person or the MEAN person. Mean is average.
- Daniel was lifted up BY GOD because Daniel had the SPIRIT OF GOD with him.
- And because of this, the other Presidents and Princes didn’t like Daniel. The King preferred Daniel.
- The King would listen to Daniel over the others. They didn’t like that.
- That reminds me of the story of Joseph and his brothers.
 Genesis 37:3-4 Now Israel loved Joseph more than all his children, because he was the son of his old age: and he made him a coat of many colours. 4 And when his brethren saw that their father loved him more than all his brethren, they hated him, and could not speak peaceably unto him.
- This happens all the time in this world.
- Other people get jealous when someone they love and respect prefers someone else above them.
- At work, people get chosen for promotions over other people. People get angry.
- Jacob OR Israel loved Joseph more than his other children and they got angry at JOSPEH.
- Why not get angry at JACOB? Instead, the people usually get angry at the person who can’t help it.
- So, what did Joseph’s brothers do? Let’s see.
 Genesis 37:20-22 Come now therefore, and let us slay him, and cast him into some pit, and we will say, Some evil beast hath devoured him: and we shall see what will become of his dreams. 21 And Reuben heard it, and he delivered him out of their hands; and said, Let us not kill him. 22 And Reuben said unto them, Shed no blood, but cast him into this pit that is in the wilderness, and lay no hand upon him; that he might rid him out of their hands, to deliver him to his father again.
- Most of his brothers wanted to kill him and throw him into a pit.
- They didn’t kill him but they did throw him into a pit. They hated him that much. Why?
- All because Jacob loved Joseph more than them. The same thing is happening to Daniel.
- And remember, Daniel isn’t a young man any more. He’s older now. Daniel is a very wise man.
The World Will Target You
 Daniel 6:4 Then the presidents and princes sought to find occasion against Daniel concerning the kingdom; but they could find none occasion nor fault; forasmuch as he was faithful, neither was there any error or fault found in him.
- First thing they try to do is find some occasion or fault in Daniel. They try to find some mistake he made.
- That’s what the world today does in everything. If you get a politician running for office, slander him.
- Try to find everything that he’s ever done wrong and put it out there for the world to see.
- That’s what people do when they’re jealous of someone else. SLANDER THEM.
- Go on Facebook or Twitter and start slandering the person. That’s what people do now.
- Be ready for that in your life if you ever find yourself in a similar position to Daniel.
- And it’s difficult to be like Daniel, but you can be ONLY THROUGH THE SPIRIT OF GOD. Try your best.
 Psalm 37:12 The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth.
 Psalm 37:32 The wicked watcheth the righteous, and seeketh to slay him.
- If you’re a saved person and doing things for God, the wicked will seek to SLAY YOU.
- The Bible says so over and over again so be ready for that. It’s normal. Don’t get upset. Be ready.
 Proverbs 29:27 An unjust man is an abomination to the just: and he that is upright in the way is abomination to the wicked.
 Ecclesiastes 4:4 Again, I considered all travail, and every right work, that for this a man is envied of his neighbour. This is also vanity and vexation of spirit.
- The prophets in the Bible were ALWAYS envied. People hated them. Daniel included.
- What about the prophet Jeremiah?
 Jeremiah 18:18 Then said they, Come, and let us devise devices against Jeremiah; for the law shall not perish from the priest, nor counsel from the wise, nor the word from the prophet. Come, and let us smite him with the tongue, and let us not give heed to any of his words.
- The Bible gives us all these examples so we can be ready.
- Don’t give someone ammunition against you to slander your name.
- Watch how Jeremiah responds to these people. He goes to the Lord in prayer.
 Jeremiah 18:23 Yet, LORD, thou knowest all their counsel against me to slay me: forgive not their iniquity, neither blot out their sin from thy sight, but let them be overthrown before thee; deal thus with them in the time of thine anger.
- Jeremiah doesn’t take action to slay them. He doesn’t get revenge himself.
- What does he do? HE PRAYS TO GOD TO NOT FORGIVE THEIR INIQUITY. THEY’RE EVIL PEOPLE.
- You can pray the same. If someone HATES you because of God, that means they’re evil.
- Evil people will attempt to hurt people who are doing good. We don’t ever want to be like that.
- And what’s good? Doing good is what the BIBLE says is good. Preaching a false GOSPEL is not good.
- I pray against people who preach a false GOSPEL. God, please open up their eyes or stop them.
- We don’t need more EVIL in this world with a FALSE GOSPEL.
Jesus Was Delivered Up Because Of Envy
Jesus Christ HIMSELF was delivered up to Pilate because of ENVY the Bible says.
- They couldn’t find anything wrong with Jesus. He NEVER did anything wrong.
- They HATED Jesus for that. He did miracles that helped people like no one else could.
 Matthew 27:17-18 Therefore when they were gathered together, Pilate said unto them, Whom will ye that I release unto you? Barabbas, or Jesus which is called Christ? 18 For he knew that for envy they had delivered him.
- But, do you remember what the Pharisees did to Jesus throughout HIS LIFE on earth?
- They would search out the smallest little things because they couldn’t find anything wrong.
 Mark 7:2 And when they saw some of his disciples eat bread with defiled, that is to say, with unwashen, hands, they found fault.
- People will find something at fault with you. They’ll look for the smallest little things.
- They’ll turn them into big things. But they didn’t understand that Jesus is the WORD OF GOD.
- He wrote the SCRIPTURES. He knows what they say. He’s not breaking God’s law. He wrote it.
These princes and presidents in the Kingdom of the Medes went looking for something wrong that Daniel did.
- Did they find anything to slander Daniel with? No, they didn’t. NOTHING.
- They couldn’t catch him on anything. Watch what Daniel 6:4 says again.
 Daniel 6:4 Then the presidents and princes sought to find occasion against Daniel concerning the kingdom; but they could find none occasion nor fault; forasmuch as he was faithful, neither was there any error or fault found in him.
- They found nothing wrong. HE WAS FAITHFUL. No error or fault found in him. NONE.
 Luke 23:14-15 Said unto them, Ye have brought this man unto me, as one that perverteth the people: and, behold, I, having examined him before you, have found no fault in this man touching those things whereof ye accuse him: 15 No, nor yet Herod: for I sent you to him; and, lo, nothing worthy of death is done unto him.
- Pilate and Herod found NOTHING wrong with Jesus. No error. No fault. NONE.
- We’re supposed to do our best to be LIKE JESUS. If you’ve made mistakes, change it now.
 Philippians 2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;
- THAT YE MAY BE BLAMELESS AND HARMLESS, the SONS OF GOD.
- We need to act like that and follow God’s commandments. We’re in a crooked and perverse nation.
- They will do their best to slander you. Nothing is off limits in this perverse nation.
- YOU NEED TO SHINE AS LIGHTS IN THE WORLD. That’s what Daniel did. People didn’t like it.
 Titus 2:8 Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.
- Always speak well so you can’t be condemned. How do you do that? Always talk about the Bible.
- Wherever you go and whoever you’re with, talk about the Bible.
 1 Peter 4:15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men’s matters.
- Don’t be a busybody in other people’s business. Leave them alone. Stay out of people’s business.
- Be about God’s business. Get out of their business. Stick to God’s BUSINESS.
Always Stick To God’s Business
 Luke 2:49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father’s business?
- If you ALWAYS stick to God’s business, no one will find any fault with you.
- They won’t find that you stole something, that you made a mistake in the books, that you lied.
- We can do this BECAUSE Daniel was able to do this. TRUST IN GOD and HE WILL HELP YOU.
 Psalm 27:11 Teach me thy way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.
- So, these evil men in the MEDIAN KINGDOM don’t give up so easily.
- Watch what they do next and pay attention because this is what people will do to you.
- They’ll follow the same order of execution. If they can’t find something wrong, what’s next?
 Daniel 6:5 Then said these men, We shall not find any occasion against this Daniel, except we find it against him concerning the law of his God.
- So now we’re learning how people will go about slandering us. They did it to Daniel.
- We’ll use the LAW OF HIS GOD to find something against HIM.
- So, in today’s world, what’s an example of this? It’s very easy to find many things in today’s world.
- They’ll go find something in GOD’S LAW that isn’t acceptable in today’s world.
- And they’ll use YOUR BELIEFS to target you and slander you that way.
- What’s an example?
 Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
- Is God’s law perfect? That’s part of HIS LAW right there.
- A man that lies with another man shall be put to death. The government should do this.
- In today’s world, that’s becoming HATE SPEECH. They say, “Well, people can’t help it.”
- “People don’t have a choice.” They try to group it with racism.
- If you didn’t have a choice to be a homosexual, God wouldn’t have written Leviticus 20:13.
God doesn’t give you a choice on your RACE, whether you’re red, yellow, black, or white.
- So God doesn’t make ANY RULES against races. If a man be white, he shall be put to death.
- He does make a RULE against homosexuality, though. So it is a choice.
- People will call you hateful for believing what the Bible says. That’s an example.
- Yes, I’m an old-time Christian and I’m going to walk in the old time ways.
 Jeremiah 6:16 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.
- The OLD PATHS are the GOOD WAYS the Bible says. Walk therein and you will find rest for your souls.
- “WE WILL NOT WALK THEREIN.” That sounds just like so-called Christians today.
- They won’t take Leviticus 20:13 as perfect. Why? They’re scared of what the world says about them.
- But watch what the Bible says about people who don’t want anything to do with Leviticus 20:13.
 Jeremiah 6:18-19 Therefore hear, ye nations, and know, O congregation, what is among them. 19 Hear, O earth: behold, I will bring evil upon this people, even the fruit of their thoughts, because they have not hearkened unto my words, nor to my law, but rejected it.
- Reject God’s laws and He’ll being evil upon you. The entire Bible says this.
- And again, those so-called Christians don’t want to hear that part either.
- But just because you cover your ears, that won’t stop God from bringing the evil upon you.
- You can cover your ears and your eyes all you want. THE WORD OF GOD ENDURES FOREVER.
- You can’t stop it. You can’t take it away. It’s ETERNAL. The more you ignore it, the more it’s there.
- People will try to use the LAW OF GOD against you when they can’t find anything else.
 Daniel 6:6 Then these presidents and princes assembled together to the king, and said thus unto him, King Darius, live for ever.
- Daniel wasn’t there with them. It’s only the ones conspiring against Daniel.
- They come together to the King. “O KING DARIUS, LIVE FOREVER.”
- They continue speaking to the King in verse 7.
 Daniel 6:7 All the presidents of the kingdom, the governors, and the princes, the counsellers, and the captains, have consulted together to establish a royal statute, and to make a firm decree, that whosoever shall ask a petition of any God or man for thirty days, save of thee, O king, he shall be cast into the den of lions.
- This smaller group of princes and presidents come together to the King.
- They say, “ALL THE PRESIDENTS OF THE KINGDOM, the Governors, the princes, the counsellers, and the captains came together.”
- ALL OF US say that “whosoever shall ask a petition of ANY GOD or man for 30 days, except you O KING, shall be cast into the den of lions.”
The Other Presidents Lied To King Darius
Did you notice that they’re LYING to KING DARIUS?
- Daniel didn’t agree to that, but they said ALL THE PRESIDENTS OF THE KINGDOM have consulted.
- They’re liars. They misrepresented Daniel. He never agreed to that.
- They’re doing this to set a snare or trap for Daniel.
- They know Daniel will not STOP worshipping and praying to God.
“WHOSOEVER shall ask a petition of any God shall be cast into the den of lions.”
- Praying to God would be breaking this law.
- The one who breaks this law will be thrown into the LION’S DEN.
- Let’s see what happens.
 Daniel 6:8-9 Now, O king, establish the decree, and sign the writing, that it be not changed, according to the law of the Medes and Persians, which altereth not. 9 Wherefore king Darius signed the writing and the decree.
- Notice that the LAW OF MEDES AND PERSIANS says that it can’t be altered once signed into law.
- It can’t be changed. The king thinks that all his presidents and princes agreed on this law.
- Daniel wasn’t included. The King didn’t know that. They lied to the King.
- But the law has already been signed and it can’t be changed now.
- In the Book of Esther we see the same thing. We see that the King’s law cannot be changed.
 Daniel 6:10 Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his God, as he did aforetime.
- Daniel finds out the law has been signed. He goes into HIS HOUSE.
- HIS WINDOWS ARE OPEN towards Jerusalem. He would pray 3 times a day. King David did the same thing.
 Psalm 55:17 Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice.
- Daniel would pray THREE TIMES per day in HIS HOUSE.
- That’s what he normally did. He would get down on his knees and pray to God.
- Who else kneeled down and prayed to God in the Bible?
 1 Kings 8:54 And it was so, that when Solomon had made an end of praying all this prayer and supplication unto the LORD, he arose from before the altar of the LORD, from kneeling on his knees with his hands spread up to heaven.
- King Solomon got on his knees and prayed to God.
 Ezra 9:5-6 And at the evening sacrifice I arose up from my heaviness; and having rent my garment and my mantle, I fell upon my knees, and spread out my hands unto the LORD my God, 6 And said, O my God, I am ashamed and blush to lift up my face to thee, my God: for our iniquities are increased over our head, and our trespass is grown up unto the heavens.
- Ezra got on his knees and prayed to God.
 Psalm 95:6 O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker.
- King David says let us worship and bow down and KNEEL before the Lord OUR MAKER.
 Luke 22:41-42 And he was withdrawn from them about a stone’s cast, and kneeled down, and prayed, 42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
- Jesus Christ got on HIS KNEES and prayed to HIS FATHER.
 Acts 7:59-60 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. 60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.
- Stephen got on his knees when he was about to die and prayed to God.
 Acts 9:40 But Peter put them all forth, and kneeled down, and prayed; and turning him to the body said, Tabitha, arise. And she opened her eyes: and when she saw Peter, she sat up.
- Peter got on his knees and prayed to God.
 Acts 20:36-38 And when he had thus spoken, he kneeled down, and prayed with them all. 37 And they all wept sore, and fell on Paul’s neck, and kissed him, 38 Sorrowing most of all for the words which he spake, that they should see his face no more. And they accompanied him unto the ship.
- Paul got on his knees and prayed to God.
Yes, We Should Get On Our Knees And Pray To God
So, do you think we might should do that too? Yeah, that’s right.
- Do you think Daniel is going to allow a law to tell him that he can’t get on his knees and pray to God?
- He didn’t allow this new law to stop HIM from praying to God. He didn’t care what the law said.
- So, don’t ever let a GOVERNMENT LAW stop you from OBEYING GOD’S LAW.
- He was praying in HIS OWN HOUSE. He knew he was breaking this new law. Who cares?
- God’s in charge. If I want to go to church and worship the one true God, I’ll go to church and worship.
There will be a time in this country where our freedom to pray will be challenged.
- That slow process already started many years ago, and it will continue.
- In order to change something you have to do it slowly over time and it’s easy. It works.
- That’s how Satan works in this world. He slowly gets things to change and then people are fine with it.
- There was a law signed by King Darius telling people they couldn’t pray for 30 days.
- DANIEL ignored that law. Are you going to be like Daniel?
He could have not prayed to God for 30 days. It was just 30 days!!! It wasn’t forever.
- They’ll only QUARANTINE US for a short period of time. Will you forget about God during this time?
- Don’t let your freedom be taken away a little at a time. Daniel didn’t.
- He got on his knees with the windows open. He wasn’t fearful of someone seeing him pray.
- God doesn’t say to go hide your light under a bushel.
 Luke 11:33 No man, when he hath lighted a candle, putteth it in a secret place, neither under a bushel, but on a candlestick, that they which come in may see the light.
- God never says to go hide your faith. SHINE YOUR LIGHT. That’s what Daniel was doing.
- People will see that. MANY WILL HATE YOU FOR IT.
 Daniel 6:11-12 Then these men assembled, and found Daniel praying and making supplication before his God. 12 Then they came near, and spake before the king concerning the king’s decree; Hast thou not signed a decree, that every man that shall ask a petition of any God or man within thirty days, save of thee, O king, shall be cast into the den of lions? The king answered and said, The thing is true, according to the law of the Medes and Persians, which altereth not.
- The men assemble purposely to see Daniel praying and making supplication before GOD.
- What did they do next? They immediately go to the King and tell him what Daniel did.
- “Didn’t you sign a decree, O King, to throw any man into the Lion’s Den that prays to another God?”
- The King says, “Yes, this is true and the law cannot be altered or changed.”
- Daniel Chapter 6 is closely related to Daniel Chapter 3 with the fiery furnace.
- In Chapter 3, we see that Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego are supposed to bow down to a false god.
- In Chapter 6 today, we see that Daniel is not supposed to pray to HIS OWN GOD.
- Both are orders from the KING’s and if you didn’t follow them, death is the penalty.
Earthly Kings Do Not Equal “THE” Heavenly King
But notice what we’re going to see in both cases.
- There are EARTHLY KINGS and then there is THE HEAVENLY KING.
- The earthly king’s can set their rules all they want. They can set the death penalty.
- But you better follow the rules of the HEEAVENLY KING always. His rules trump all rules.
- But yet, you get false preachers today saying you should ALWAYS follow ALL government rules.
 Romans 13:1-2 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. 2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
- They like to take that SCRIPTURE right there and twist it all around.
- Read the next verses. Read the entire chapter. Read the entire Bible.
- When you take something and twist it, it won’t match with the rest of the Bible.
- Interpreting that SCRIPTURE to say, “Do whatever the government tells you” doesn’t match with Daniel.
What’s that mean when that happens? That means you have it wrong.
- There’s a HEAVENLY KING. If a rule here on earth conflicts with God’s, which one will you follow?
- You better understand WHO THE KING IS!!!
- Daniel clearly understood the law and he chose to follow God’s law instead. You do the same.
- Are you going to follow Daniel’s example OR a false preacher’s example.
- When it comes to laws that don’t conflict with God’s laws, then you should follow them.
- PAY YOUR TAXES. Don’t drive over the speed limit. That doesn’t go against God’s rules.
- Telling someone you can’t pray? That goes against God’s law.
- Now, let’s see what happens next in Daniel Chapter 6.
 Daniel 6:13 Then answered they and said before the king, That Daniel, which is of the children of the captivity of Judah, regardeth not thee, O king, nor the decree that thou hast signed, but maketh his petition three times a day.
- They tell on Daniel. “Daniel regards you not, O KING!!!”
- “And he didn’t just do it once. He does it THREE TIMES per day.”
- Do you know who else defied a direct order from a KING?
 Exodus 1:17 But the midwives feared God, and did not as the king of Egypt commanded them, but saved the men children alive.
- Why did they defy the king’s command to kill all the baby boys? Because they feared God.
- But you have nurses today that will ABORT every baby boy and girl. That order comes from a doctor.
- That order comes from a boss. It doesn’t even come from a king.
- If there were no doctors and nurses to perform abortions it wouldn’t happen any more.
- But there are nurses still doing this BECAUSE NONE OF THEM FEAR GOD.
- They don’t understand they are MURDERING CHILDREN.
- They have no regard for what the Bible says. They don’t fear God.
- Daniel, though, FEARED GOD, and he didn’t fear that King or any of those men.
 Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
- You have a choice today and every day. Will you fear MEN or GOD?
- God can destroy both your body and your soul. Men can just take your life. Nothing else.
- Daniel made his choice. And let’s see what type of King this King Darius happens to be.
- Is he a good king or is he an evil king? Let’s see. Was this King angry with Daniel?
 Daniel 6:14 Then the king, when he heard these words, was sore displeased with himself, and set his heart on Daniel to deliver him: and he laboured till the going down of the sun to deliver him.
- The KING was SORE DISPLEASED with HIMSELF. Not with Daniel. He was upset that he made that law.
- Why? Because he respected Daniel with all that he had. Does that tell you something about Daniel?
- What did the King do? “He set his heart on Daniel to deliver him from that law.”
- He was trying to find a way out for Daniel so he didn’t have to throw him in the lion’s den.
- He worked all day long looking for any loop holes in that law. He wanted to save Daniel.
- Hey, that’s not a bad king. He realizes he made a mistake.
 Daniel 6:15 Then these men assembled unto the king, and said unto the king, Know, O king, that the law of the Medes and Persians is, That no decree nor statute which the king establisheth may be changed.
- Those same evil men assemble themselves to the king once again.
- They hate Daniel so much that they want him dead. They’re going to help murder Daniel.
- They say, “O KING you know that the decree cannot be changed. It stands.”
- What they don’t understand, though, is that Daniel has someone greater than this king helping him.
 Daniel 6:16 Then the king commanded, and they brought Daniel, and cast him into the den of lions. Now the king spake and said unto Daniel, Thy God whom thou servest continually, he will deliver thee.
- The king kept his law. They cast Daniel into the lion’s den.
- But notice what the king says, “Thy God whom you serve continually will save you, Daniel.”
- Do you think Daniel was trusting in God? Of course he was.
 Psalm 37:39-40 But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD: he is their strength in the time of trouble. 40 And the LORD shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.
- If you ever have a life or death situation for God, remember Daniel. Trust in God.
- THE LORD SHALL HELP THEM AND DELIVER THEM. He is your strength in time of trouble.
- He’ll save you if you trust in HIM. That’s it. TRUST IN HIM.
Daniel Was Sealed Into The Lion’s Den
 Daniel 6:17 And a stone was brought, and laid upon the mouth of the den; and the king sealed it with his own signet, and with the signet of his lords; that the purpose might not be changed concerning Daniel.
- Daniel was sealed into that lion’s den. He wasn’t getting out. The king couldn’t change his mind.
 Daniel 6:18 Then the king went to his palace, and passed the night fasting: neither were instruments of musick brought before him: and his sleep went from him.
- The king was so troubled that he didn’t eat, and he didn’t sleep.
- He cared about Daniel and he knew he was tricked into that law.
- There’s a lesson in that too. Don’t be tricked into making decisions by evil people.
They always have some other motive that’s hidden. They have a hidden agenda. Be careful.
 Daniel 6:19 Then the king arose very early in the morning, and went in haste unto the den of lions.
- He gets up and hurries to the den of lions. He wants to check on Daniel.
 Daniel 6:20 And when he came to the den, he cried with a lamentable voice unto Daniel: and the king spake and said to Daniel, O Daniel, servant of the living God, is thy God, whom thou servest continually, able to deliver thee from the lions?
- He is sorrowful for what happened. He says, “O DANIEL, servant of the LIVING GOD!!!”
- Did Daniel continuously serve God? Yeah, King Darius has said so multiple times already.
- Can God deliver you from the lions? He asks that question.
- Then there’s silence. Will Daniel answer? Let’s see.
 Daniel 6:21 Then said Daniel unto the king, O king, live for ever.
- Can you imagine that? When your dear friend speaks out of the lion’s den.
- You can see how much King Darius loves Daniel. Daniel speaks, “O KING LIVE FOREVER.”
- Daniel had respect for King Darius. He treated him like the King. He didn’t disrespect the king.
- But when it comes down to doing what God says or what Darius says, Daniel chooses God.
 Daniel 6:22 My God hath sent his angel, and hath shut the lions’ mouths, that they have not hurt me: forasmuch as before him innocency was found in me; and also before thee, O king, have I done no hurt.
- Daniel lets the king know that he hasn’t done him any hurt by not following that law.
- He didn’t follow the law and didn’t hurt anyone. Understand that today.
Daniel says, “MY GOD HATH SENT HIS ANGEL.” An angel was sent to save Daniel.
- That could have been Jesus Christ. We don’t know for sure. JESUS IS THE ANGEL OF THE LORD.
- It could have been another angel, but my guess is JESUS CHRIST.
- He shut the mouths of the lions. “Before the angel of the Lord, INNOCENCY WAS FOUND IN ME.”
- Do you think Daniel was perfect and sinless? No, the Bible says no man is sinless.
- So how do you think Daniel was innocent? THROUGH FAITH. Daniel’s faith made him righteous.
- How do we know faith saved Daniel right there? Hebrews Chapter 11 verse 32.
 Hebrews 11:32-33 And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets: 33 Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,
- Daniel is one of the prophets “Who through FAITH subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, STOPPED THE MOUTHS OF LIONS.”
- That’s talking about Daniel. He stopped the mouths of lions through FAITH.
- But Samson slew a lion. David slew a lion. But Daniel stopped the lion’s mouths THROUGH faith.
- That faith he had led to the angel of the Lord shutting the mouths of those lions.
Works Did Not Save Daniel That Day
Some people might say that it was Daniel’s works that saved him that day.
- You have to watch out for those false preachers.
- They’ll say, “See, Daniel was innocent and his works saved him.”
- Well, Hebrews Chapter 11 says different, but Daniel Chapter 6 says the same.
- Look what the next verse says. False preachers need to read the whole BIBLE.
 Daniel 6:23 Then was the king exceeding glad for him, and commanded that they should take Daniel up out of the den. So Daniel was taken up out of the den, and no manner of hurt was found upon him, because he believed in his God.
- King Darius is VERY HAPPY. He commands that they get Daniel up out of that lion’s den.
- NO HURT AT ALL was found on David. Just like with Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. No hurt.
- Why? It says right there at the end, “BECAUSE HE BELIEVED IN HIS GOD.”
- Was it because of his great works? Was it because he continuously served his God?
- No, it’s because HE BELIEVED IN HIS GOD to save him. You do that and God saves you.
- This is SALVATION. Believe in God to save you, and He says He will. Do you trust that?
 1 Chronicles 5:20 And they were helped against them, and the Hagarites were delivered into their hand, and all that were with them: for they cried to God in the battle, and he was intreated of them; because they put their trust in him.
- Put your trust in God, and He saves you.
 2 Chronicles 20:20 And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.
- Believe in the Lord your God so shall ye BE ESTABLISHED.
 Psalm 37:40 And the LORD shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.
 Psalm 118:8 It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.
 Psalm 118:9 It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes.
 Psalm 146:3 Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.
 Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
- That is salvation. That’s the only requirement to be saved. TRUST IN GOD. It’s that simple.
- No, you don’t have to go do all these GREAT WORKS to be saved.
- You can’t do any good works the Bible says UNTIL you’re saved through FAITH ALONE.
- Let’s see what happens next in Daniel Chapter 6.
 Daniel 6:24 And the king commanded, and they brought those men which had accused Daniel, and they cast them into the den of lions, them, their children, and their wives; and the lions had the mastery of them, and brake all their bones in pieces or ever they came at the bottom of the den.
- So, do you what happens to evil and wicked people when the angel of the Lord shows up?
- King Darius figured out what happened very quickly. He wasn’t dumb.
- Those men didn’t just die in that lion’s den. Their children were thrown in there.
- Their wives were thrown in there too. The lion’s broke their bones into pieces.
- Those evil men were to blame for that. What you do can and will affect your family. Remember that.
Men, Women, And Children Are Destroyed In The Bible
Men, women, and children are destroyed by God all throughout the Bible.
- Some false preachers say God would never do that. Happens all the time in the Bible. Read it.
- I would give you all the Scripture for that, but we’ve went over that many times.
- We have to move on in Daniel Chapter 6 for now verse 25.
 Daniel 6:25 Then king Darius wrote unto all people, nations, and languages, that dwell in all the earth; Peace be multiplied unto you.
- Now the King is going to write something else. This is the best part.
- This is to ALL PEOPLE, ALL NATIONS, ALL LANGUAGES that dwell upon the earth.
- This King witnessed a great miracle, and he’s got something to say now.
 Daniel 6:26 I make a decree, That in every dominion of my kingdom men tremble and fear before the God of Daniel: for he is the living God, and stedfast for ever, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed, and his dominion shall be even unto the end.
- Isn’t that great to see when a man wakes up? King Darius woke up.
- “The GOD OF DANIEL IS THE LIVING GOD!!! His kingdom shall not be destroyed FOREVER.”
- King Darius woke up a little faster than King Nebuchadnezzar.
 Daniel 6:27 He delivereth and rescueth, and he worketh signs and wonders in heaven and in earth, who hath delivered Daniel from the power of the lions.
- God delivers and rescues. He does signs and wonders in heaven and in earth.
- The anti-Christ will do signs and wonders on earth but not in heaven.
- ONLY THE LIVING GOD could deliver Daniel from the lions that day.
 Daniel 6:28 So this Daniel prospered in the reign of Darius, and in the reign of Cyrus the Persian.
- No matter what Daniel did, he prospered. And it wasn’t money prosperity preaching.
- Daniel turned down money and riches in the last chapter.
- Do you really think that’s what the Bible means? Prospering in the Bible is not all about money.
- He prospered because God was with Him in everything. He obeyed God and did what He asked.
- God sees all. God hears all. He knows if and when you’re trusting in Him.
- Right now, as we pray, you need to let God know you TRUST IN HIM. He will deliver you.