- Sermon Slides for Sermon Jesus Fulfills The Feasts And Holy Days: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon Jesus Fulfills The Feasts And Holy Days: PDF
 The title of the sermon today is “JESUS FULFILLS THE FEASTS AND HOLY DAYS.”
Let’s Learn The Truth About The Feasts And Holy Days
- Today, we’re going to look at something that no church around here could ever get right.
- They are too busy preaching their false god loves everyone all the time no matter what.
- They are too busy teaching a false pre-tribulation rapture filled with lies.
- So, we’re going to learn the truth today about the 7 feasts and the holy days.
- The feasts and holy days are found in Leviticus Chapter 23.
- Before we get to each of those, though, I want you to see this in the New Testament.
 Colossians 2:16-17 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: 17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
- These feasts and the holy days were a shadow of things to come.
- Jesus has come and He has died on the cross.
- Jesus has already fulfilled some of the feasts and holy days at His first coming.
- His first coming is when He came to earth the first time.
- He was born, lived a perfect life, died on the cross, was buried, and arose again on the third day.
- Because of the Scriptures we know that Jesus will fulfill all of the feasts and holy days at His second coming.
If you’ve paid attention when reading through Exodus and Leviticus, you will notice great detail about all the laws, the tabernacle, the altar, the sanctuary, the priests, and many other things.
- You might be thinking when reading through: “Why do I need to know all of these things?”
- Many people even stop reading the Bible when they get towards the middle to end of the Book of Exodus.
- If they do make it through Exodus, they get to Leviticus and just stop reading.
- But, all of the Scripture is very important to know and to understand.
- Let’s see what Hebrews Chapter 8 and 9 says about the things that we see in Exodus and Leviticus.
- This will help you to understand more about those books in the Old Testament.
 Hebrews 8:1-2 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens; 2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.
- All of those earthly things were a picture of heavenly things.
- Just like the Garden of Eden was a picture of heaven or paradise.
- Aaron was the first priest in the Bible. But Jesus is the true HIGH PRIEST. Jesus forgives sin.
- The true sanctuary, the true tabernacle, the true HIGH PRIEST is in heaven.
 Hebrews 8:3-4 For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices: wherefore it is of necessity that this man have somewhat also to offer. 4 For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law:
 Hebrews 8:5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.
- All of these earthly things are a shadow of heavenly things.
- Where did Moses get all the patterns to build all of those earthly things? From God in the mount.
- Moses went up into the mount and God showed Him the patterns to use.
 Exodus 25:40 And look that thou make them after their pattern, which was shewed thee in the mount.
- All of those things are simply a picture or shadow of heavenly things.
 Hebrews 8:6-7 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. 7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
- The Old Testament or Old Covenant is about men and women trying to do things the earthly way.
- The actual priests couldn’t actually forgive sin. People would come to them with offerings.
- They wanted to be forgiven of sin. But those priests couldn’t actually forgive sin.
 Hebrews 8:8-9 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: 9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
- The people didn’t continue to do what God asked so God regarded them not. Men have faults.
- We can’t be perfect. We can’t do everything perfectly. So what did we need?
 Hebrews 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.
- We needed a true HIGH PRIEST that could forgive our sins. Jesus Christ is that high priest.
- And Jesus Christ has ALWAYS been the one that forgives sin.
- All of those animal sacrifices were pictures of the lamb of God being sacrificed for our sins.
- All people of all time have always been saved through Jesus Christ.
- Abel knew it was God who would save him. Abraham knew. Moses knew. Aaron knew.
- All the prophets of all time knew that God would be the Savior.
- It was not all of these feasts, sabbath days, and holy days that would save the people.
 Hebrews 9:1-3 Then verily the first covenant had also ordinances of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary. 2 For there was a tabernacle made; the first, wherein was the candlestick, and the table, and the shewbread; which is called the sanctuary. 3 And after the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the Holiest of all;
- This is showing us that all of those things were worldly things and not heavenly things.
- Worldly things cannot save you. The SAVIOR comes from heaven.
- They actually had a worldly sanctuary with the candlestick, table, shewbread, and a second veil.
- They had a curtain hanging and there was a second room in the tabernacle.
- Behind that second veil, there were additional things there.
 Hebrews 9:4-5 Which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron’s rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant; 5 And over it the cherubims of glory shadowing the mercyseat; of which we cannot now speak particularly.
- God is showing us EXACTLY how all of this is a shadow of things to come.
 Hebrews 9:6-7 Now when these things were thus ordained, the priests went always into the first tabernacle, accomplishing the service of God. 7 But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people:
 Hebrews 9:8-9 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing: 9 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;
 Hebrews 9:10 Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.
- All of those ordinances were given to the people to do UNTIL the time of reformation.
- This is the first coming of Jesus Christ. Now that Christ has come, we don’t do those things. Why?
- The Bible says so right here. All of those things were imposed on them until the time of reformation.
 Hebrews 9:11-12 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building; 12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
 Hebrews 9:13-14 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: 14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
- The Book of Hebrews continues to show us these things.
- I’m skipping down to verse 23 in Hebrews Chapter 9.
 Hebrews 9:23-24 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:
 Hebrews 9:25-26 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others; 26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
- Jesus sacrificed HIMSELF so we can have eternal life. We don’t need any other person to forgive our sins.
- We don’t need a pope or a Catholic priest to forgive our sins. They sin more than you.
- They’re worshipping some false god that they made up in their imaginations.
- How are they going to forgive sin? They can’t. Only Jesus Christ can. That’s the entire point of the Bible.
We Participate In These Feasts Through Jesus Christ
So, we don’t actually have these feasts and holy days because we understand what they were.
- But we do need to know what they are and what they mean because it’s amazing.
- With that introduction, we’re going to learn the 7 feasts of the Lord and the holy days.
- And we’re going to show how Jesus Christ has fulfilled some of those and how He will fulfill the others.
- Here’s an overview chart of the 7 feasts and holy days.
- This is a simplified version of 7 feasts and holy days.
- There are actually more, but we’re going to focus on these 7 today.
- For example, there’s a weekly Sabbath day, a land Sabbath year every 7th year, and there’s a jubilee year that happens every 50th year.
- And the land Sabbath and Jubilee Year are patterned after the timing of these feasts here, which we’re going to learn how they work today.
- So, let’s start in Leviticus Chapter 23 and keep in mind these feasts are a shadow of things to come.
 Leviticus 23:1-2 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts.
- That’s very clear. The Lord says, THESE ARE MY FEASTS. So who implemented these? God did.
- The Jews today have corrupted these feasts and have changed many things about them.
- God even says throughout the Bible that He now hates their feasts and their holy days.
- They have corrupted them into whatever they wanted, and they don’t understand what they mean.
- Sort of like what Christmas has become for some people. It’s not about the Lord Jesus Christ any more.
- And when it’s not about the Lord Jesus Christ, you can know that God doesn’t like it AT ALL.
- Let’s continue in Leviticus Chapter 23.
 Leviticus 23:3 Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings.
- God created all things in 6 days and rested on the seventh. The seventh day is a Sabbath day of rest.
- Sabbath means rest. God didn’t get tired, though. He didn’t rest for Himself. He created that day for man.
- And Jesus Christ fulfills the Sabbath day for us because He is our rest.
- We can rest in Him because He has saved us and given us everlasting life.
If you’re not sure if you have everlasting life right now, all you have to do is change your mind and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ to save you.
- In your mind right now, call out to Him and say, “Jesus, I trust in you to save me.”
- “Jesus, I know that you died for me. I know that you are the only who can save me.”
- “And I know that I don’t have to do anything else but believe on you as SAVIOR of this world.”
- You can’t trust in anything else. You can’t trust in any work that you’ve done like baptism.
- You can’t trust in being a good person because the Bible says there are none good but one that is God.
- If you trust in Jesus right now or you’ve fully trusted in Him before to save you, then you’re saved.
- It’s over. It’s a done deal. YOU HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE and that life can never end. Jesus says so.
- And think about that. If you’re saved, you don’t have to worry any more. YOU CAN REST SAFELY IN JESUS.
- He is our SABBATH. And you can choose every day to rest in Jesus Christ. He fulfills the Sabbath.
 Leviticus 23:4-5 These are the feasts of the LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons. 5 In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD’S passover.
- Their first month in the Bible is not our first month. Their months do not perfectly align with our months.
- Their first month is called Abib or Nisan and it’s in the March/April time frame.
- The Passover is to be observed on the 14th day of the first month at even or evening.
- Days in the Bible would start at 6 PM and end at 6 PM the next day.
- For example, the weekly Sabbath day would start at 6 PM Friday night and last to 6 PM Saturday night.
What is the significance of the Passover feast?
- Do you remember the very first Passover? The children of Israel were in Egypt.
- Moses was about to lead them out of Egypt, but the Passover occurs first before they leave Egypt.
 Exodus 12:3-4 Speak ye unto all the congregation of Israel, saying, In the tenth day of this month they shall take to them every man a lamb, according to the house of their fathers, a lamb for an house: 4 And if the household be too little for the lamb, let him and his neighbour next unto his house take it according to the number of the souls; every man according to his eating shall make your count for the lamb.
- On the tenth day of the first month, take a lamb for each house.
 Exodus 12:5-6 Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year: ye shall take it out from the sheep, or from the goats: 6 And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month: and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening.
- This lamb shall be without blemish. This is a picture of Jesus Christ because He has no blemish at all.
- Jesus is perfect and has no sin at all. In the evening, the entire congregation shall kill that Passover lamb.
- Jesus was crucified on Passover day. Jesus is the Passover lamb. There was no bone broken.
The children of Israel were to not break a bone of the Passover lamb.
- When Jesus was crucified, they didn’t break His bones. They broke the legs of the other 2 beside Him.
- At that first Passover in Exodus, they took the blood of the lamb and put it over the door and side posts.
- The angel of the Lord passed over the homes in Egypt that had the blood of the lamb.
- The children of Israel were saved while all the other firstborn in Egypt were left dead.
- This is a picture of the blood of Jesus Christ saving us.
- If you have His blood applied to your soul, you will be saved.
- Your sins are forgiven and you are God’s child.
Passover And Easter Are Not The Same Thing
In today’s world, people believe that Passover and Easter are the same thing.
- They aren’t at all. Easter is the celebration of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The Passover is the day in which Jesus was put to death. The Passover is always before Easter.
- Jesus arose from the dead 3 days after He was killed on the cross.
 1 Corinthians 5:7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
- Jesus Christ is our PASSOVER. He fulfilled that feast for us so we don’t need to keep that feast.
 Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
- That’s Jesus speaking right there. He didn’t come to DESTROY any of the laws in the Bible.
- Some people will say that NONE OF THE OLD TESTAMENT law is valid any more.
- It is valid, and it will always be valid for eternity. Jesus didn’t come to destroy the law.
- He came to fulfill the law. As an example, we keep the Passover by trusting in Jesus as the Passover lamb.
- That means I don’t need to choose a lamb out of a flock I don’t have and prepare the Passover feast.
- Jesus fulfilled that Passover for me. Jesus is my Savior. And that means I recognize the Passover.
- I hope you see how this works. God says “KEEP THE PASSOVER FOREVER.” And we are by trusting Jesus.
And notice that the Passover lamb was roast with fire. When Jesus Christ died, His soul went to hell.
- The Bible clearly says so in Acts Chapter 2 and Psalm Chapter 16.
- The soul of Jesus Christ was a burnt offering for our sin. His soul burned in hell for you and I.
- The punishment for having sin counted to your soul is burning in hell fire.
- Well, Jesus actually took all of our sin onto His soul and went to hell for us.
- But, His soul was not left in hell. Understand that. Jesus arose from the dead on the third day.
- And keep in mind that Jesus is the Passover lamb.
- He was crucified on the Passover day, 14th day of the first month.
- Let’s go back to Leviticus Chapter 23 and take a look at the next feast or holy day.
 Leviticus 23:6-8 And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread. 7 In the first day ye shall have an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein. 8 But ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD seven days: in the seventh day is an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein.
- On the 15th day, the next day after the Passover, there is a HIGH DAY or Sabbath Day.
- It’s an automatic Sabbath Day no matter what day it falls on out of the week.
- The first day is the first day of the feast. Keep in mind that the soul of Jesus is in hell on that day.
- His body is buried in the tomb on that Sabbath day of rest. He’s working while we’re resting.
- That’s a picture of how to be saved. OUR WORKS do not save us. Jesus did all the work.
- We simply believe on Him to save us, and He saves us. No work required at all.
- We’re saved by God’s grace meaning we don’t deserve. We can’t work for it.
- Through faith means we simply trust or believe “ON” Jesus Christ and His work.
- The Bible clearly says we are NOT SAVED by works.
- So, the people rested while the soul of Jesus was in hell.
This feast of unleavened bread lasts 7 days. Starts on the 15th of the month and lasts 7 days.
- They were to offer and offering made by fire unto the Lord seven days.
- On the final day, they were to have another Sabbath day of rest.
- They were to eat unleavened bread the entire time. What is unleavened bread?
- Unleavened bread has no yeast so it doesn’t rise. In the Bible, leaven is a picture of sin.
 Matthew 16:6 Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.
- Leaven spreads and rises up fast. Be aware of false teachers in this world. They spread like leaven.
- Lies about the Bible are most present in the churches today. They never teach you anything but lies.
- They say, “God loves you no matter what. God’s love is unconditional.”
- They stay on the same topic for a year while all the people fall asleep.
- God’s love is not unconditional. There’s a condition to continue in God’s love and not be thrown in hell.
- That condition is to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. Leaven is a picture of sin.
 1 Corinthians 5:6-8 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? 7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: 8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
- The children of Israel were to keep the feast of unleavened bread for seven days.
- They were not to have ANY leaven at all during these days nor within their homes.
 Exodus 12:15 Seven days shall ye eat unleavened bread; even the first day ye shall put away leaven out of your houses: for whosoever eateth leavened bread from the first day until the seventh day, that soul shall be cut off from Israel.
 Exodus 12:16 And in the first day there shall be an holy convocation, and in the seventh day there shall be an holy convocation to you; no manner of work shall be done in them, save that which every man must eat, that only may be done of you.
 Exodus 12:17-18 And ye shall observe the feast of unleavened bread; for in this selfsame day have I brought your armies out of the land of Egypt: therefore shall ye observe this day in your generations by an ordinance for ever. 18 In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month at even, ye shall eat unleavened bread, until the one and twentieth day of the month at even.
- No leaven in your homes which is a picture of no sin in your homes.
- Jesus Christ is a picture of unleavened bread because He has no sin at all. He is completely unleavened.
- And this feast is to recognize the Lord Jesus Christ and to understand there is no leaven with God.
- Keep in mind that the first day of unleavened bread is when God brought the children of Israel out of Egypt.
- God brought them out of bondage. That’s what Jesus does for us. He makes our soul sinless.
 Romans 6:16-18 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? 17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
- We still sin in our flesh, but our souls are free from sin.
- Once our souls are free from sin, we can serve God. We can choose each day who we will serve.
- Will we serve our flesh, or will we serve God through His Spirit which lives within us?
- God gives us the choice. We will still sin, but we now have the power within us to resist sin.
- God has brought us up out of the land of Egypt. The days of unleavened bread signify this.
- Jesus fulfilled the days of unleavened bread for us. We keep it forever through Jesus Christ.
- Now, let’s take a look at the third feast or holy day. Back to Leviticus Chapter 23.
 Leviticus 23:10-11 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest: 11 And he shall wave the sheaf before the LORD, to be accepted for you: on the morrow after the sabbath the priest shall wave it.
- The day after the Sabbath during the days of unleavened bread will be the FIRSTFRUITS.
- Bring a sheaf of the FIRSTFRUITS to the priest. Wave the sheaf of firstfruits to the Lord.
- Remember, there are 7 days in the days of unleavened bread.
- There is a weekly Sabbath during those 7 days and that Sabbath is on Friday at 6 PM to Saturday at 6 PM.
- After that Sabbath day within the 7 days of unleavened bread, the FIRSTFRUITS will be offered.
- This means the FIRSTFRUITS will always be recognized on the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK or SUNDAY.
- Verse 11 says: “On the morrow after the sabbath.” That’s Sunday. Firstfruits is always on Sunday.
Jesus Christ Fulfills The Firstfruits
Guess who fulfills the firstfruits? Jesus Christ is the firstfruits. And let me show you what He fulfills.
- When did Jesus Christ arise from the dead? He arose on the Sunday, the first day of the week.
- That day that He arose was the FIRSTFRUITS day. We look to the Gospel of Mark.
 Mark 16:1-2 And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him. 2 And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.
- They come to the tomb or sepulchre of Jesus Christ on the first day of the week.
 Mark 16:3-5 And they said among themselves, Who shall roll us away the stone from the door of the sepulchre? 4 And when they looked, they saw that the stone was rolled away: for it was very great. 5 And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted.
 Mark 16:6 And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him.
- That angel says, “Hey, Jesus isn’t here. HE IS RISEN!!!” Jesus is the firstfruits.
- So what does this mean exactly? FIRSTFRUITS? Well, the Bible tells us what this means.
- Jesus is the first to rise from the dead in a new and glorified body.
- No one else at this moment we’re living in today has a new and glorified body like Jesus.
- He arose from the dead. ONE DAY our bodies will do the same. Our bodies will arise from the dead.
 1 Corinthians 15:16-17 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: 17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.
- The dead who are saved and their bodies are in the grave right now will one day arise with a new body.
- Right now, their souls are in heaven but their bodies are in the grave.
- Christ is the first to arise from the dead.
 1 Corinthians 15:20-22 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. 21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
- The Bible promises us that we will one day receive a new and glorified body that cannot sin.
- That body will not be like the body we have right now that desires sin. This body is selfish.
- This body wants to everything it can for itself and not for others. The new body won’t be like that.
- Jesus is risen from the dead IN HIS BODY. He has become the firstfruits of them that slept.
- All saved people up unto that point in time will be resurrected in their body at the rapture.
 1 Corinthians 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ’s at his coming.
- The rapture is a resurrection of saved people. The rapture occurs at the second coming of Jesus Christ.
- The rapture is a BODILY resurrection.
- Jesus comes in the clouds and then we’re caught up together with Jesus in the clouds in our new and glorious bodies that have no sin.
- If you want to learn more about all of this, please come for the Book of Revelation study we’re starting on February 3rd. You will be amazed at what the Bible teaches us.
- Today is more of an overview, but I hope you’re learning so much about the Bible today.
- So, what is the rapture or resurrection of our bodies?
 1 Thessalonians 4:13-14 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
- When the Bible says “concerning them which are asleep,” this means SAVED people whose bodies are in the grave.
- Their souls went to heaven, but their bodies are still in the grave.
- If we believe that Jesus died and rose again, then those that are sleeping in the grave will Jesus bring with Him.
- When? This is talking about the second coming of Jesus Christ when He comes in the clouds.
- Jesus is going to bring the saved souls from heaven with Him and their bodies will be resurrected.
 1 Thessalonians 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
- If you’re alive and remain when Jesus comes at His second coming, you won’t prevent the others from coming too.
- This means all the alive and saved people will also meet all the others who have died prior to the rapture.
 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
- What happens at the second coming of Jesus Christ in the clouds?
- Jesus comes in the clouds with the saved souls from heaven. THE DEAD IN CHRIST SHALL RISE FIRST.
- This would be Adam, Eve, Abel, Seth, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Sarah, Moses, Zipporah, Aaron, Joshua, Ruth, Esther, Mordecai, Elijah, Elisha, Isaiah, Jeremiah.
- Samson, Rahab the harlot, Saul, David, Solomon, Daniel, Ezekiel, Haggai, Mary, Martha, Lazarus, Peter, Paul, John, James, the blind man from John Chapter 8, the Samaritan woman at the well.
Everyone Who Is Saved And Dies Prior To The Rapture Will Be There
And all people who have died prior to the rapture. If we die before Jesus comes back, we’ll be there first.
- The dead in Christ shall rise first.
- Then, those who alive and remain will be caught up together in the clouds. We’ll all be together again.
- If you’ve had a grandmother, grandfather, dad, mom, sister, brother, cousin that died in Christ, you’ll see them that day.
- That should be comforting to you. I am comforted that I’ll see all of you there.
- I might get to heaven before you, you might get there before me, we’ll all most likely get there at different times, BUT I know that we’ll all be together that day.
- AND SO SHALL WE EVER BE WITH THE LORD. That’s awesome.
- And we’ll have eternity together in perfect bodies.
 1 Thessalonians 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
- So, Jesus is the firstfruits and He fulfilled the firstfruits when He arose from the dead on that day.
- He is the first to arise from the dead in a new and glorified body. You’ll get one of those two.
- Let’s take a look at the next feast or holy day. We’ve been through 3 so far.
- So far, the first 3 (Passover, Days of Unleavened Bread, Firstfruits) have been in the Spring.
- This is the first month or the March/April timeframe for us. Jesus springs up out of the ground.
- Now, we’re going to move forward 50 days from the time Jesus arose from the dead.
 Leviticus 23:15-16 And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven sabbaths shall be complete: 16 Even unto the morrow after the seventh sabbath shall ye number fifty days; and ye shall offer a new meat offering unto the LORD.
- From the day Jesus arose from the dead, we count 7 sabbath days or 7 Saturday’s.
- Then, the very next day or SUNDAY after the 7th Sabbath day, 50 days total, will be this HOLY DAY.
- 50 days after Jesus arose from the dead will be this day. This day is known as PENTECOST.
- After Jesus arose from the dead, He stayed on earth for 40 days.
- 10 days after He ascended, or 50 days in total, we see PENTECOST happen.
- This would be in the May/June time frame for our calendar.
- In Acts Chapter 1, we see that Jesus is still on earth AFTER HIS RESURRECTION.
- We know that He ascends into heaven 40 days after His resurrection. Acts Chapter 1 tells us this.
 Acts 1:2-3 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen: 3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:
 Acts 1:4-5 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. 5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
- Jesus tells the disciples to stay there in Jerusalem because they will be BAPTIZED or immersed in the Holy Ghost not many days from now.
- 10 days later from this point, is the day of Pentecost, and we see the Holy Spirit come upon them with power.
- This is not when the indwelling of the Holy Ghost is given as that’s something different.
- In John Chapter 20, we see Jesus breathe on the disciples and give them the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
- PENTECOST is the holy day in which the Holy Ghost came upon the disciples with power.
- And that fulfilled this fourth feast or holy day that we see in Leviticus Chapter 23.
 Acts 1:8-9 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. 9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
- Now, we’ve covered 4 out of the 7 feasts or holy days in the Bible. All of those have clearly been fulfilled.
- They have already been fulfilled. You can know that Jesus will fulfill the others at His second coming.
- Let’s take a look at those because there’s a lot of false preaching out there on these because of the false pre-tribulation rapture.
If you every hear a church or preacher say, “Jesus can come back at any moment,” that’s a lie.
- Jesus can’t come back at any moment because He wrote the Scriptures and they don’t say that.
- The Scriptures must be fulfilled and Jesus says He’s coming back AFTER the tribulation.
- The next thing that happens is the tribulation. The tribulation doesn’t last 7 years.
- The tribulation is over once the sun and moon are darkened. And then Jesus comes in the clouds.
- The rapture happens and then God pours out His wrath on the earth. We’ll be watching from heaven.
- We’ve seen the Spring feasts and Pentecost 50 days later. Now, we’ll move to the Fall feasts.
- We’ve got the blowing of the trumpets, the day of atonement, and the feast of tabernacles.
- Let’s go back to Leviticus Chapter 23 and read about the blowing of the trumpets.
 Leviticus 23:23-24 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 24 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation.
- The blowing of the trumpets will happen on the first day of the seventh month.
- This would be the September or October timeframe for us.
- The false preachers will say the blowing of the trumpets is fulfilled at the rapture because a trumpet is sounded.
- Well, this is the blowing of the TRUMPETS not a single trumpet. The rapture doesn’t happen next.
- The tribulation happens next and that’s when our enemies come to persecute us.
- We will have to go through that tribulation BEFORE the rapture occurs. The Bible says so in many places.
- Matthew 24, Mark 13, Luke 21. We’ll go through all of this in detail in the Book of Revelation study.
 1 Corinthians 15:51-52 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
- That Scripture describes the rapture. It’s one trumpet. It is the LAST TRUMP. Not the blowing of the trumpets.
- Let me show you how the blowing of the trumpets proves what’s coming next for us.
- Jesus isn’t coming in the clouds next. Don’t be fooled by false preachers. Here’s what’s coming next.
 Numbers 10:9 And if ye go to war in your land against the enemy that oppresseth you, then ye shall blow an alarm with the trumpets; and ye shall be remembered before the LORD your God, and ye shall be saved from your enemies.
- When the TRUMPETS are blown, this means an enemy is coming for you.
- The antichrist is coming for us. He gets power from Satan. We will be overcome the Bible says.
- But God will save us when He comes in the clouds after the tribulation and great tribulation.
 Numbers 31:6 And Moses sent them to the war, a thousand of every tribe, them and Phinehas the son of Eleazar the priest, to the war, with the holy instruments, and the trumpets to blow in his hand.
- So, the blowing of the trumpets is the fifth feast or holy day that we see.
- This is describing the tribulation, which occurs for about 3.5 years once the antichrist comes.
- The antichrist comes next and NOT JESUS in the clouds. Do not be fooled by false preachers.
- These preachers don’t understand the Book of Revelation at all. It’s not difficult at all
- It’s very straight forward and the false preachers have made it difficult to understand.
- Let’s look at the sixth feast or holy day. Back to Leviticus Chapter 23.
 Leviticus 23:27 Also on the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a day of atonement: it shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD.
- 10 days later, we see the DAY OF ATONEMENT. It’s a single day without any work.
- And guess what happens on that day? A SINGLE TRUMPET IS SOUNDED!!!
- And guess what this single trumpet is called? Let’s see.
 Leviticus 25:9 Then shalt thou cause the trumpet of the jubile to sound on the tenth day of the seventh month, in the day of atonement shall ye make the trumpet sound throughout all your land.
- This is the trumpet of JUBILE!!! This is the day of the Lord. This is when Jesus comes in the cloud.
- This is the trumpet that sounds. And yeah, this is a happy trumpet sounding for all of us.
- It will be heard throughout all the land. There won’t be a secret rapture where people just disappear.
- EVERY EYE WILL SEE JESUS CHRIST. We’ll finally all be together with Jesus Christ in the clouds.
- That day will be a day of JUBILEE and we will have a GREAT FEAST that day!!!
- That’s the sixth feast or holy day in which Jesus fulfills when He comes in the clouds at His second coming.
The Day Of Atonement Is The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ When The Rapture Occurs
False preachers will say this feast is fulfilled in Revelation Chapter 19 when Jesus comes for the Battle of Armageddon on a white horse.
- That’s a lie. Revelation Chapter 19 doesn’t describe anything like the Day of Atonement.
- There’s no trumpet sounding in Revelation Chapter 19.
- Let’s move to the seventh and final feast or holy day that Jesus fulfills.
 Leviticus 23:34-35 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, The fifteenth day of this seventh month shall be the feast of tabernacles for seven days unto the LORD. 35 On the first day shall be an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein.
 Leviticus 23:36 Seven days ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD: on the eighth day shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD: it is a solemn assembly; and ye shall do no servile work therein.
- The seventh of final feast is the FEAST OF TABERNACLES.
- This is the end when we’ll be with Jesus ruling and reigning forever.
 Deuteronomy 16:13-14 Thou shalt observe the feast of tabernacles seven days, after that thou hast gathered in thy corn and thy wine: 14 And thou shalt rejoice in thy feast, thou, and thy son, and thy daughter, and thy manservant, and thy maidservant, and the Levite, the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, that are within thy gates.
- During the feast of tabernacles, all the people lived in booths or tents together closely.
- And God was there with them.
 Nehemiah 8:14-15 And they found written in the law which the LORD had commanded by Moses, that the children of Israel should dwell in booths in the feast of the seventh month: 15 And that they should publish and proclaim in all their cities, and in Jerusalem, saying, Go forth unto the mount, and fetch olive branches, and pine branches, and myrtle branches, and palm branches, and branches of thick trees, to make booths, as it is written.
 Nehemiah 8:16 So the people went forth, and brought them, and made themselves booths, every one upon the roof of his house, and in their courts, and in the courts of the house of God, and in the street of the water gate, and in the street of the gate of Ephraim.
 Nehemiah 8:17 And all the congregation of them that were come again out of the captivity made booths, and sat under the booths: for since the days of Jeshua the son of Nun unto that day had not the children of Israel done so. And there was very great gladness.
- In that day when we dwell together closely with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, there will be VERY GREAT gladness.
- You will have trouble in this life. You will have a tough life when you follow Jesus Christ.
- But understand, VERY GREAT GLADNESS is coming soon. Keep up the fight of faith.
- And don’t let ANYONE get you down. Understand that Jesus has saved you. And He’s on your side.
- Now, you can go and do great things for the Lord Jesus Christ.
- 1st = Passover, Jesus is the Passover Lamb of God who saves us from our sins.
- 2nd = Days of Unleavened Bread, Jesus is sinless and perfect and the only one who can save us.
- 3rd = Firstfruits, Jesus is the firstfruits or first one resurrected from the dead with a new body.
- 4th = Pentecost, Holy Ghost comes upon people and thousands are saved that day.
- 5th = Blowing of the Trumpets, an alarm signaling the Tribulation is here.
- 6th = Day of Atonement, trumpet sounds and we’re all gathered together, a day of JUBILEE!!!
- 7th = Feast of Tabernacles, God will dwell with us and we’ll be together in close proximity.
I hope you’ve seen just a tiny glimpse into the AMAZING WORD OF GOD today.
- I hope you now see the connection between the Old Testament and the New Testament.
- I hope you’ve seen how the 7 feasts and hold days have been fulfilled and will be fulfilled by Jesus Christ.
- The word of God is absolutely amazing. And with the Holy Spirit teaching us, we can and will learn it.
- God wrote this Bible and it takes eternity to master what He’s written. We’ve got work to do.
- The good news is that we everlasting life. We have time, but let’s not wait around.