The title of the sermon today is “JOHN CHAPTER 15.”
Jesus Is Speaking To His Disciples Before The Passover Feast
- Before we start in John Chapter 15, I want to give you a quick summary of John Chapter 14.
- We see Jesus continuing to speak to his disciples before the upcoming Passover feast.
- He started this conversation in John Chapter 13 and it continues through John Chapter 17.
- Then, we see Jesus and his disciples get up and go to a garden in John Chapter 18.
- We see Jesus betrayed in John Chapter 18. Judas Iscariot comes with a band of men and officers for Jesus.
So, John Chapter 14 is the conversation Jesus is having with His disciples prior to the Passover feast.
- We see Jesus comforting His disciples. He tells them about heaven. He tells them to not be troubled.
- Jesus tells them that He is the way, the truth, and the life. We see that He is ONE with His Father.
- Jesus tells His disciples that He will do whatsoever they ask in His name IF it glorifies His Father in heaven.
- We learn that we should follow God’s commandments to show our love for Him.
 John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
- Jesus teaches us that He will not leave us comfortless.
- He left and went to heaven, but He didn’t leave us alone.
- He gave the disciples the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in John Chapter 20.
- He tells them that they will receive the Comforter who is the Holy Ghost.
 John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
- The Holy Spirit lives within you if you believe the words of Jesus Christ.
- Jesus says that He is the only Savior of this world. If you believe on Him to save you, you’re saved.
- You receive the Comforter. This is the Holy Spirit of God living within you.
- Jesus promises that His peace is being left with them. Do not be troubled because you have peace.
- He says that He’s going away for now, but He’s coming back.
- With that quick summary, let’s start in verse 1 of John Chapter 15.
 John 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
- Jesus tells us that He is the true vine. His Father is the husbandman. A husbandman is a farmer.
- His Father is planting the vineyard and Jesus is the true vine.
- Do you remember which tribe of Israel Jesus is from? Both Joseph and Mary are from the tribe of Judah.
- Jesus is the Lion from the tribe of Judah.
- Genesis Chapter 49 tells us about the choice vine from Judah. This is Jacob or Israel blessing his sons.
 Genesis 49:8-9 Judah, thou art he whom thy brethren shall praise: thy hand shall be in the neck of thine enemies; thy father’s children shall bow down before thee. 9 Judah is a lion’s whelp: from the prey, my son, thou art gone up: he stooped down, he couched as a lion, and as an old lion; who shall rouse him up?
 Genesis 49:10-12 The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be. 11 Binding his foal unto the vine, and his ass’s colt unto the choice vine; he washed his garments in wine, and his clothes in the blood of grapes: 12 His eyes shall be red with wine, and his teeth white with milk.
- We know this is talking about Jesus here. The people will be gathered together unto Jesus.
- He is the vine, the choice vine, and the true vine just as John Chapter 15 tells us.
- We also see His eyes are red with wine. He’s not drunken with wine. His eyes are red, though.
 Revelation 1:14-15 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
- We know that Jesus is described as the true vine throughout the Bible. Let’s learn more about this.
 John 15:2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
- Jesus is the true vine. Jesus is the branch.
- He is referred to as the vine and the branch often throughout the Bible.
- Jesus says that branches IN HIM that beareth not fruit will be taken away by His Father.
- Branches that do bear fruit will be purged so those branches can bring forth more fruit.
- If there’s a certain branch going forth from Jesus that is not bearing fruit, it will be cut off.
If there’s a branch going forth from Jesus that is bearing fruit, it will be purged so it can bring forth more fruit.
- Notice that the vine and the branches are already in Jesus. If you’re saved, you are a part of that branch.
- Jesus says I will keep you and preserve you throughout the Bible.
- This doesn’t mean that you can be saved one day with everlasting life, not bear fruit, and lose salvation.
- The Bible is very clear that once you trust Jesus to save you, you’re saved and have life that never ends.
Every Branch Is Already In Jesus
Look at it this way. Take a close look at verse 2. Let’s read the beginning of that verse again.
- “Every branch in me. Every branch in me.” Who is talking? Jesus is talking.
- He says, “Every branch in me.” The branches are already in Him.
- If those branches that are already IN HIM are taken away, do you think that means salvation?
- If that meant salvation, you’re saying Jesus can be taken away? That doesn’t make any sense at all.
- This isn’t talking about salvation. It’s talking about a vine producing fruit.
- It’s talking about branches producing fruit. The fruit is salvation. The fruit is people like Jesus.
- The fruit doesn’t get cut off. Does it mention the fruit being cut off? No, it doesn’t. Let’s look closely.
- “Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away.”
In other words, if a branch isn’t producing FRUIT, the branch is taken away. Not the fruit. There’s no fruit there.
- An apple tree produces apples as fruit. A Christian vine produces Christians as fruit.
- A vine that produces people with everlasting life mean the fruit is people with everlasting life.
- The fruit or the saved people are not getting cut off. The branches that have no fruit are cut off.
- The branches that are producing fruit are purged so they can bring forth more fruit.
Now, how in the world do false preachers say that this proves you can lose everlasting life? It’s simple.
- They twist the Scriptures and deceive people.
- If you’re saved and understand you have everlasting life, you wouldn’t even think about that Scripture meaning you can lose everlasting life.
- The only reason people think that is because of false preachers.
 John 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
- How should we help people get saved?
- Like my Dad said, our Gospel handouts for Soul Winning should only include the word of God.
- What else can we say that’s going to help being believe on the Lord Jesus Christ?
- We need to use His words. Why is that?
- “Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.”
- We need to hear God’s words and believe what He says. Then, we will be clean and saved.
 John 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
- What does sanctify mean? To cleanse, purify, and make holy. It means to be saved.
- When you’re sanctified, you’re saved. Jesus is the word of God. Listen to His words and be saved.
- Trust His words and nothing else. Believe what He’s saying and not anyone else.
 John 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
- If there’s a branch on a tree, the branch can’t be cut off separately and then start growing fruit.
- A branch cannot produce fruit without abiding in the vine. You can’t produce fruit for God without Jesus.
- Some false preachers will say that Judas Iscariot produced lots of fruit.
- They’ll say that Judas Iscariot preached the Gospel and saved many, many people. No he didn’t.
- How do I know that 100% for sure? Judas Iscariot didn’t abide in THE VINE who is Jesus.
Joyce Meyer didn’t help you. Joel Osteen didn’t help you. Kenneth Copeland didn’t help you.
- Creflo Dollar didn’t help you. Paula White didn’t help you. Kyle Idleman didn’t help you.
- False preachers didn’t help you because they don’t abide in Jesus. They say that they do.
- But they don’t believe anything Jesus says.
- They preach a false gospel that ends up with you hating God.
- God didn’t say any of what they say that He says.
- They are helping themselves. They are not bearing any Godly fruit. Take a look at what they produce.
- They are creating more fruit after their own selves. They are creating more people just like them.
- They are creating corrupt fruit.
 Matthew 7:15-18 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
- Yes, Jesus Himself tells us to BEWARE of false prophets. I didn’t write that.
- People get mad at me for preaching against false prophets like Joyce Meyer.
- “You shouldn’t say things like that.” Well, the Bible says different and I’ll do what God says.
- I don’t care what you think. I care what God thinks. “Well, you’re just mean.” Okay, thanks.
- Again, I don’t care what you think. I care what God thinks. I will preach against false preachers.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit. A corrupt tree cannot bring forth good fruit.
- You’ll never get anything good out of Joel Osteen. A false gospel doesn’t lead to ANYTHING good.
- “Well, he’s a good guy. He’s trying.” No he’s not. If he were trying, he would actually read the whole Bible.
- He would actually study the whole Bible. He would get it right if he relied on the Holy Spirit within.
- If he were saved and walked in the Spirit, he would understand the Bible.
- Since he doesn’t, he won’t bring forth any good fruit. Do you understand that? That’s the truth.
- “Well, my sister is trying. She’s going to church. She’s doing her best.”
- How is that? She won’t listen to the words of Jesus Christ. WAKE UP.
- You can’t do good unless you abide in THE VINE who is Jesus Christ. That’s the only way to do good.
This Is How To Produce Saved Souls Or Fruit
So, this vine and the branches that Jesus is talking about is showing you how to produce fruit.
- If you’re saved, then you are the branches who should be bearing fruit.
- If you want to bear fruit, you MUST abide in Jesus.
- Don’t you want the people around you to be saved too?
- The only chance for that to happen is if you abide in Jesus. There is no other way for it to happen.
 John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
- Jesus tells us exactly what He means. He is the vine. You are the branches.
- If you abide in Jesus, you will bring forth much fruit. Do you hear that?
- He says, “He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit.”
- There’s no doubt it will happen because Jesus says so.
If you desire to be a great soul winner, you better abide in the word of God all day long.
- Number 1: You need to be saved and have the Spirit of Jesus Christ within you.
- Number 2: You better abide in the word of God.
- Then, you will bring forth much fruit. And yes, it works. You have to get it out of you.
- Jesus motivates you, puts the words in your mouth, and you will preach the word of God.
 2 Corinthians 4:13-14 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak; 14 Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.
- You can be saved with everlasting life and not produce any fruit at all.
- Why would you be saved and not produce any fruit? Because you choose not to walk in the Spirit.
- You choose to do your own thing and not what God asks you to do.
- You choose to help everyone else with their worldly problems but not their spiritual problem.
- You choose to drop everything for everyone else but not for God.
- You would rather watch TV than study the Bible. You would rather go out to eat than skip a meal for God.
- You can have faith without any works at all. You can be saved, headed for heaven, and do nothing.
 James 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
 James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
- Faith without works exists. It’s possible to have faith without works. You aren’t abiding in Jesus.
- You aren’t sticking to Jesus. You aren’t doing what Jesus commands you to do.
- But you have everlasting life because you’ve believed on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Faith without works is dead. This means your faith isn’t producing any fruit at all.
- And let’s see what happens when you decide to not do anything for God once you’re saved.
 John 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
- Notice exactly what this says. This is why the King James Bible is the perfect word of God.
- If you won’t abide in Jesus, you’re cut off as a branch and withered up.
- You will not produce any fruit at all because you don’t have THE VINE feeding you anymore.
- You’ve chosen to ignore the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and do nothing for God.
- Once your branch is cut off from Jesus, MEN gather those branches and burn them in the fire.
- Notice what this doesn’t say. This doesn’t say God throws you into hell. Does it?
What does God say exactly in verse 6? “MEN GATHER THEM AND CAST THEM INTO THE FIRE.”
- In other words, the men of this world will burn you alive. And that’s the truth.
- A saved person without Jesus Christ in their life will be burned by this world.
- But that’s not Jesus Christ giving up on you. That’s you deciding not to abide in Jesus.
- The Bible says, “If a man abide not in me.” It’s your choice to walk in the flesh and not the Spirit.
- You will be burned by the men of this world. You won’t be burning in hell. You’re saved already.
- The King James Bible says “MEN” gather the branches. Other versions don’t make that distinction.
- When branches are cut out of a vineyard, the men gather them up and burn them to get rid of them.
God Won’t Bother You If You Don’t Want His Help
God will leave you alone if you don’t want anything to do with Him after He saved you.
- All that He does for you, and you don’t want anything to do with Him? He says, “Okay.”
- “Go do what you want, but I won’t be there supporting you.”
- When you lose God’s protection from the things of this world, your life will not be good.
- Remember that next time you don’t want to read and study the Bible.
- Remember that when you need something from God, but you never do anything He asks.
- Don’t get mad at God because He doesn’t help you. You didn’t want to help Him.
- But, if you do what God says, He will be there to help you and you will bear much fruit.
 John 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
- If you abide in Jesus and His words are within you, ask and you will receive.
- Notice there’s a condition for that. You MUST abide in Jesus and His words must be within you.
- Without that, don’t bother asking God. It won’t happen. And we wonder why prayers aren’t answered.
- Ask yourself: “Am I abiding in Jesus? Do I need the word of God in my life every day?”
- “Do I NEED to hear what He has to say each day?”
- Or, do I do what I want and then ask God for more things that I want?
 James 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
- Most prayers to God are for things that we want. We ask amiss or wrongly.
- We aren’t asking for things to further God’s kingdom and to glorify God.
- For example, if I asked God for more money, that’s called asking amiss.
- I don’t need anything. I don’t need more money. God takes care of my family and I.
- If I asked God for wisdom and knowledge to win more souls to Christ, that’s asking rightly.
- Do you know what always glorifies God? A person who is saved and given everlasting life.
 Luke 15:10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.
- Repenteth when it comes to salvation means changing your mind and believing on Jesus to save you.
- That is what God wants. And that is what we should be asking for. More fruit.
- A saved soul goes from a sinning soul to a sinless soul at the moment you change your mind and believe.
- At that moment, there is JOY in the presence of the angels of God!!!
 John 15:8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
- If you are a disciple or follower of Jesus Christ, you will bear much fruit.
- Some preachers think that means more people in the church. It doesn’t mean that at all.
- It does mean more saved people in their church and out of their church.
- If it’s a false church preaching a false gospel, there won’t be any good fruit there.
- There will be corrupt and evil fruit there.
There’s a difference in a saved person who never follows God’s commandments and a saved person who follows God’s commandments.
- You can be saved and not be a disciple of Jesus Christ.
- If you bear much fruit, THEN you are HIS DISCIPLE. “That ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
- False lying preachers will teach that you must be a follower of Jesus to make it to heaven.
- “You must follow Jesus all your life up until the very end, or you aren’t going to heaven.” WRONG.
- Jesus never says that once. Yes, you SHOULD follow Jesus so you can bear much fruit.
- Don’t you want the people around you to receive the greatest gift in existence? That’s fruit.
- You should want that. You can only have that by abiding in Jesus and following HIM. That’s the only way.
 John 15:9-10 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. 10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love.
- How do you continue in the love of Jesus? Yes, Jesus loves BUT He gives you a condition.
- “IF” you keep His commandments, you will abide in His love.
- And He gives us Himself as an example. He kept His Father’s commandments and His Father loves Him.
- If you want to be loved by God, you MUST keep His commandments.
You Can’t Lose Everlasting Life
Some people might think that you’ll lose everlasting life if you don’t keep all the commandments.
- No, listen. There’s not one person who will ever be able to keep all the commandments.
- The Bible says so. You won’t lose everlasting life by sinning because we all sin all the time.
- We don’t even realize that we’re sinning most of the time. That’s our flesh. It’s a war.
- We must do our best by choosing to walk in the Spirit and not the flesh.
- How? Read the Bible, pray, study, preach the Gospel, go to a good church, follow His commandments.
 John 15:11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
- Why is Jesus telling us all of these things? So HIS JOY will remain within us.
- Do you know what brings Jesus joy? When a lost person is found. When the lost are saved.
 Luke 15:4-5 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it? 5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
- Jesus goes and does anything He needs to bring that one lost sheep back to Him.
- When you go out and preach the Gospel, do you think He might be there helping you?
- Of course He’s there helping you. Do you understand that? He cares. He wants you to produce fruit.
- He goes out until He finds that lost sheep. And He rejoices greatly when that lost sheep is found.
- When you go out and produce fruit, that gives you joy. That’s HIS JOY within you!!!
- There is no better joy than that. That’s why He’s telling us these things in John Chapter 15.
 John 15:12-13 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. 13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
- What do you think He’s trying to say? THAT YE LOVE ONE ANOTHER. What has Jesus been talking about?
- What’s the greatest love you can show for someone else? You MUST follow God’s commandment.
- You MUST abide in Jesus Christ. What’s the greatest love you can show someone?
- I’ll tell you what. You go to their door, and you give them the Gospel. Why? So they can have eternal life.
- Someone needs to tell them how to make it to heaven. You’re laying down your life for that person.
- “Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.”
Do you understand what Jesus is teaching here? He wants you to give up what you want and help someone else.
- Give up YOUR day to help someone else. The gift of eternal life for those people is what matters.
- You losing YOUR day for someone else to be saved is called love. And that’s just one day.
- Why don’t you give up your life and what you want to help people find Jesus Christ and be saved?
- There is no greater love than that. That’s what Jesus is preaching right here.
- And Jesus is THE ONE that actually gave up His life for you. He gave up His life for His friends.
- Are you a friend of Jesus? Let’s see what Jesus says.
 John 15:14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
- You might be saved and get to heaven and Jesus isn’t so friendly to you.
- “What did I do wrong, Jesus?”
- Jesus says, “Well, where do you want me to start? I’m glad we’ve got eternity to go over this.”
- Why don’t we stop the possibility of that conversation ever happening and simply do what He says?
- You are HIS friend IF you keep His commandments. That’s what He says.
- If you don’t keep His commandments, you’ll be like the withered branch that is burned by men.
 Matthew 28:19-20 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
- If we aren’t doing that, we aren’t following His commandments and we aren’t His friends.
- First, we need to be saved. Second, we need to know His words. Third, we need to abide in His words.
- Fourth, we need to go do what He says. Then, we will bring forth much fruit. So, let’s do it.
- Just do what He says, and let everything else fall where it falls. He’s in charge of that part.
- We have a simple task and a simple job. Just do what He says, and He teaches us why.
 John 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
- He teaches us why He wants us to follow His commandments because we aren’t just servants.
- We are His friends. Sometimes at a job, the boss will say: “Just do what I said.”
- But why? “Just do it. You don’t need to understand why.”
- A friend tells you why. Jesus is making known all things that His Father told Him to His friends.
- When you study the Bible as God commands us to do, He makes known all of these things to you.
- He gives you wisdom and knowledge that you’re going to need to produce fruit.
- He says, “I’m not holding anything back because you are my friends.” Isn’t that good to know?
 John 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
- Understand that you didn’t choose Jesus first. Everything in your life God did first for you.
- God gave you that oxygen to even get up this morning. God allows your heart to continue beating.
- You didn’t come to Jesus first. He came to you first, and then you accepted the gift He offered.
- He chose you to be saved. If you understand the words of the Bible now, it’s because Jesus chose you.
- He has ordained you. I don’t need a man to ordain me as a preacher. JESUS ORDAINED ME.
God Chooses And Ordains The Saved
And if you don’t believe so, then how do I understand His words? I know what He’s saying to me.
- I understand because He’s chosen me and ordained me. GOD ALMIGHTY HIMSELF did.
- Do you think I care if I have been ordained by a man? I care if God has ordained me and chosen me.
Verse 16 says, “And ordained you, that ye SHOULD go and bring forth fruit and that your fruit SHOULD remain.”
- If you’re saved, Jesus has chosen you. AND YOU SHOULD go bring forth more fruit.
- And your fruit should remain. The fruit you produce should go and produce more fruit. It should remain.
- Whatsoever you ask in the name of Jesus, He may give it you. Why? Because you’re doing what He asks.
 John 15:17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.
- Again, He’s telling is to love one another by bringing forth more fruit.
- What does that mean? Go preach the gospel if you love another.
- If you love your family, you’ll give them the gospel and teach them the truth.
- But you can’t do that unless they want to listen. If not, you go find someone else.
- That’s what God did. The children of Israel didn’t want to listen to God any more.
- What did God do? He went and found someone else? The Gentiles.
 Matthew 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
- Shake the dust off your feet and move on. Don’t let it bother you. Move on.
- You will be rejected much more than you’ll be received. And it won’t get any better.
- So, what do you think Jesus is going to talk about next in John Chapter 15?
- He’s telling us to go out and win souls. Go out and produce fruit.
- He already knows what’s going to happen. Watch what He says next.
 John 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
- He’s getting you ready for what’s going to happen. The world will hate you.
- But understand that the world HATED Jesus first. Long before you, Jesus was hated.
- But, that’s no excuse. You keep going until you find that lost sheep.
 John 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
- If you’re saved, Jesus has chosen you out of this world.
- If you know that you believe on the Lord Jesus Christ to save you, you’re chosen.
- If you weren’t chosen, you wouldn’t believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Since He’s chosen you out of the world, the world will hate you. Understand that right now.
- Be ready because the Scriptures must be fulfilled. The world will hate you. Get ready for it.
 John 15:20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
- And again, you will suffer persecution. This isn’t a fairy tale.
- If you actually follow Jesus Christ, you will suffer persecution.
- You won’t write books and every one of them turn into best sellers in this world.
- If you write the truth, people will hate the truth. You will not be popular in this world.
- The world will come after you so be ready.
 John 15:21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name’s sake, because they know not him that sent me.
- Jesus is saying that the world will hate you and persecute you for His name’s sake.
- He’s watching, and He sees what the world is doing to you.
- Why is the world hating you and persecuting you?
- Do you think they would be doing that to you if they knew God Almighty was on your side?
- If they knew God, they wouldn’t be doing those things.
- If they knew the POWER OF GOD, they wouldn’t DARE do those things to you.
- But that tells you that they know NOTHING about God.
 John 15:22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.
- Jesus came to preach to the Jews who were His own people. He’s not only a Jew.
- He’s the King of the Jews. And He came, and He spoke to them.
- He showed them the truth, and now they have no excuse for their sin of unbelief.
- What do you think He’s trying to tell you? You need to go out to people and tell them the truth.
- Jesus went to the Pharisees. You might think He wasted His time because they were evil.
- They weren’t going to believe. So why do you think we shouldn’t go to people who won’t believe?
- Jesus went and told the people who knew wouldn’t believe.
- “If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.”
- They can’t tell God that they have no excuse.
 Mark 6:11 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.
- You don’t think God is watching how people treat you when you go out to them?
- Why would He tell you to preach the Gospel to everyone?
- The people who treat you badly won’t get away with it. “It will be a TESTIMONY AGAINST THEM.”
- They won’t be able to say, “Well no one told me the truth, God.”
If You Hate Jesus, You Hate His Father Too
 John 15:23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
- Jesus went to the Jews and most of them hated Him. They killed Him on the cross.
- If you hate Jesus Christ, then you hate His Father too.
- The Jews in the man-made country of Israel today HATE Jesus. Ask them. The truthful ones will tell you.
- THEY HATE JESUS. So what does that verse say? They don’t have the same god.
- They have their false god in their false religion of Judaism. THEY HATE GOD. That’s a fact.
 John 15:24 If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
- He came to do those works that NO MAN has ever done, so they would have a testimony against them.
- They have seen Jesus with their own eyes, and yet, they hated Him.
- He only EVER did good, and they hated Him. That means they hate His Father too.
- He showed them all the works, and they are written in the Bible.
- So we can read about them and make a choice too. Will we believe what He says or not?
- If not, we hate Jesus and His Father in heaven.
 John 15:25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
- In their very own law that they proclaim to follow, IT IS WRITTEN. And it’s in their law.
- “THEY HATED ME WITHOUT A CAUSE.” They read it, they know it, but they can’t even see it.
- Why can’t they see it? Because of their hate for Jesus.
- Since it is written, where does this show up in the Old Testament? Let’s see.
 Psalm 35:19-20 Let not them that are mine enemies wrongfully rejoice over me: neither let them wink with the eye that hate me without a cause. 20 For they speak not peace: but they devise deceitful matters against them that are quiet in the land.
 Psalm 69:4 They that hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of mine head: they that would destroy me, being mine enemies wrongfully, are mighty: then I restored that which I took not away.
 Psalm 109:2-3 For the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of the deceitful are opened against me: they have spoken against me with a lying tongue. 3 They compassed me about also with words of hatred; and fought against me without a cause.
- His very own people HATED Him without a cause. He never did anything wrong. And they hated Him.
- Don’t be surprised when you only do good to people and yet they hate you.
 John 15:26-27 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: 27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.
- Jesus is talking to His disciples during this entire chapter.
- Jesus sends the Comforter to them from the Father. The Comforter is the Spirit of truth.
- That Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father. And notice Jesus says, “HE SHALL TESTIFY OF ME.”
- The Holy Spirit is a HE. The Holy Spirit is God. He comes forth from God just as Jesus came forth from God.
They are God. One God in 3 persons. Notice that all 3 are in this Scripture clearly showing them as different.
- The indwelling of the Holy Spirit constantly testifies of Jesus Christ.
- Because you have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, YE ALSO SHALL BEAR WITNESS.
- Jesus is talking directly to the disciples because they were with Him from the beginning.
- You should be bearing witness of Jesus Christ saving you as much as you possibly can.
- We need to get it out and tell everyone we can. They need to hear the truth about Jesus.
- Not the fake Jesus in false churches. They need to hear about the real Jesus.
- That’s the Jesus in the Bible who can save them. No other Jesus can.