- Sermon Slides for Sermon Are You Sure You’re Going To Heaven?: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon Are You Sure You’re Going To Heaven?: PDF
 The title of the sermon today is “ARE YOU SURE YOU’RE GOING TO HEAVEN?”
Most People Don’t Know If They’re Going To Heaven
- And yes, I’m talking to each and every one of you today.
- What’s your answer? Are you sure you’re going to heaven?
- Most people don’t know. Most people aren’t sure if they’re going to heaven.
- Most religions teach that you’ll never know until you’re judged by God.
- Today, you’re going to find out whether or not you’re going to heaven.
We’re going to list out all the good things you’ve done and all the bad things you’ve done on the white board one person at a time.
- Who wants to go first? I’m not going first. Just kidding. We aren’t doing that.
- If we all listed out the good and bad things we’ve done according to God’s commandments, there’s no doubt where we end up.
- Hell would be the destination. Are any of us good in God’s eyes on our own? Are we?
- God answers that question in the Bible over and over again.
Ask yourself these questions. Am I a good person? Have I always been good in my life?
- Do I never have a bad thought? Do I never say anything wrong?
- Do I always choose God first in my life in every situation? Am I always 100% of the time faithful to God?
- You don’t have to tell me those answers because I already know the answers.
- How would I already know the answers? Because I believe what God says in the Bible.
- And I know myself, and I’m being truthful with myself.
- In John Chapter 2, we see that Jesus didn’t trust any man. He knew what was within man.
- He knew that man would betray him. He knew that man would deny him.
John 2:23-25 Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did. 24 But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men, 25 And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.
- Many people think they have to be a good person to go to heaven.
- But Jesus right there won’t trust man because he knows that there is no good in man.
- And you might be thinking, “Well, I’m good. I’m a good person.”
- To be good, you MUST believe what the Bible says. So, let’s see if you agree with the Bible.
Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
- Your heart is deceitful above all things. Do you automatically think, “Oh not mine. Mine is good.”
- Yeah, I used to think that too. I would think, “The Bible must be wrong. My heart is desperately wicked?”
- That verse sure doesn’t say, “All of your hearts are deceitful and wicked but not mine.”
- None of us are exceptions to that verse right there.
Matthew 9:4 And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts?
- Jesus knows what is within you. You can trick other people, but you can’t trick Jesus.
- You all might think I’m good because I’m preaching the Bible. But I’m not.
- I think evil in my heart just as you do. Unless you’re Jesus Christ in the flesh, we’re the same.
- I’m not better than you, and you’re not better than me.
Genesis 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
- That’s right before the flood. Do you think we’re better in today’s world?
- Have you looked at the news? We aren’t any better in today’s world. Turn on the TV. Wickedness.
- If you read the Bible cover to cover, you won’t notice man improving.
- You won’t notice man getting better and better. You won’t notice God praising us for being good people.
Job 15:14-16 What is man, that he should be clean? and he which is born of a woman, that he should be righteous? 15 Behold, he putteth no trust in his saints; yea, the heavens are not clean in his sight. 16 How much more abominable and filthy is man, which drinketh iniquity like water?
- God says that we are abominable and filthy. And you might be thinking, “I don’t like this sermon.”
- “I want to go to some other church that tells me how good I am.” Well, guess what?
- That church is lying to you. I’m going to tell you the truth today.
Do You Want To Hear The Truth Or Lies?
- I’m going to tell you how to be sure you’re going to heaven. You can be saved today.
- You can be sure. You can know today 100% without a doubt that you’re going to heaven.
- I’ve done a lot of bad things in my life, but I know I’m going to heaven. And it’s not because I’m good.
Psalm 51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
- I was a sinner from the beginning of my life. God knew that. Jesus knew what was within me.
Psalm 53:1-3 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good. 2 God looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, that did seek God. 3 Every one of them is gone back: they are altogether become filthy; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
- There were many years of my life when I wasn’t sure if God was there or not. I was corrupt in every way.
- Do you see right there where it says, “There is none that doeth good” at the end of verse 1?
- That verse sure doesn’t say, “There is none that doeth good but Pam. Now Pam is good.”
- “We have altogether become filthy. There is none that doeth good, no not one.”
Ecclesiastes 9:3 This is an evil among all things that are done under the sun, that there is one event unto all: yea, also the heart of the sons of men is full of evil, and madness is in their heart while they live, and after that they go to the dead.
- Our hearts are full of evil. Madness is in our hearts while we live. Hey, look, the Bible says this.
- I’m not making it up. In the past, I didn’t believe what the Bible said. Now I do. I know that I’m not good.
- Do you physically have a heart? Are you human? Yes, you are so please listen to this and see this.
Matthew 15:18-20 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. 19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: 20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.
- Evil things come out of our mouth and come from within. That should tell you something.
- That should tell you that within our flesh lies no good thing.
Ecclesiastes 7:20 For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.
Micah 7:2 The good man is perished out of the earth: and there is none upright among men: they all lie in wait for blood; they hunt every man his brother with a net.
Mark 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
- Now look closely at the Scripture right there. Every word of God is true. That’s straight from Jesus Christ.
- Is Jesus lying to us? Jesus says, “There is none good but ONE, that is, GOD.”
- Jesus didn’t forget to put your name there.
- I used to think he forgot my name so wrote it right there in my Bible.
- Mine says, “There is none good but two, that is, God and Josh.” No, there are none good.
Romans 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
- You might be saying, “Wow, the Bible sure does tell me I’m not good. I’m tired of hearing this.”
- But guess what? That’s the entire point of the whole Bible but churches won’t teach this.
- Why is that? Because it doesn’t feel good. It doesn’t make anyone happy. It takes you down a notch.
- You must humble yourself before God. If you think you’re up there with God in terms of goodness, you better think again.
- That’s what I had to do. I thought I was up there even though I knew I did wrong all the time.
- I was deceiving myself. I was lying to myself. Once again, more proof of what’s in here.
We Are Not Good People
I could go on and on with hundreds of verses telling us this same thing, but I think you get the point now.
- Understand that you aren’t good. Understand that I’m not good. There is no one that’s good.
- With that said, do you think being a good person gets you into heaven?
- If that were true, heaven would be empty. No one would make it to heaven.
- We’ve done way more evil in this world than good. That’s the truth because God says so.
Most people think the men and women in the Bible were good people.
- None of those people are in heaven right now because of their goodness. Do you understand that?
- Abraham wasn’t a good person. He laughed at God. God comes to Abraham and is very serious.
- Imagine this as I read this to you from Genesis Chapter 17.
Genesis 17:15-16 And God said unto Abraham, As for Sarai thy wife, thou shalt not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall her name be. 16 And I will bless her, and give thee a son also of her: yea, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of people shall be of her.
- Now, take a close look at that Scripture. Do you notice God doing a comedy show?
- Did God stand up right there on the stage at Comedy Caravan? Does it sound like he’s joking?
- God says, “I will bless Sarah and thee a son also of her. Yea, I will bless her and she shall be a mother of nations. Kings of people shall be of her.”
- That doesn’t sound like a joke to me. But watch what happens.
Genesis 17:17 Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear?
- Imagine that. You have God Almighty talking to you. He tells you what’s going to happen.
- And then you fall on your face laughing because you think it’s so funny.
- I don’t even think I’m dumb enough to do that, but again, I probably would.
- Abraham didn’t always believe God and what He said. That’s called sin. Abraham was a sinner.
- Abraham is human. You’re human. We’re the same.
- If we don’t believe God, that’s called sin. If God tells us something and we don’t believe it, that’s sin.
There Is No Perfect Person Within The Bible But God
Noah wasn’t perfect. He got drunk after God saved him from the flood.
- That’s not a great way to be thankful to God for saving you. But God already knew what Noah would do.
- God already knew that Noah wasn’t a good person.
- Moses sure wasn’t perfect. Have ye not read about Moses?
- Moses had a son with Zipporah his wife.
- Moses knew that his son was to be circumcised on the eighth day.
Genesis 17:12 And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.
- Did Moses follow that commandment? Let me show you this from Exodus Chapter 4.
Exodus 4:24-26 And it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the LORD met him, and sought to kill him. 25 Then Zipporah took a sharp stone, and cut off the foreskin of her son, and cast it at his feet, and said, Surely a bloody husband art thou to me. 26 So he let him go: then she said, A bloody husband thou art, because of the circumcision.
- I want to make sure you understand this Scripture today. Moses didn’t circumcise his son as commanded.
- God wasn’t happy with Moses. “And it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the Lord met him.”
- The Lord met Moses by the way in the inn and sought to kill Moses. Why?
- Because he didn’t do what he asked him to do. And you might say, “Oh no, my God wouldn’t do that.”
- My church has taught me different about God. God wouldn’t do anything like that.
- And I ask, “Have ye not read?” You better get to the Bible and stop listening to man.
- Why? Because you know what is within man. A preacher says, “Oh no, God wouldn’t do that.”
1 Samuel 2:6 The LORD killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up.
- If you don’t like the words of the Bible, I’m not sorry for that. I’m going to tell you the truth.
- “The Lord killeth, and maketh alive. He bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up.”
- You might say, “Why do you preach like this?”
- I preach like this because I read the Bible over and over again. I study it with all that I have.
- I’m allowing God to shape me into what He wants. I allow the word of God to show me the truth.
- I’ve stopped listening to lies about God. I stopped worshipping a false god that doesn’t exist.
- Churches and people create the God they want. We’re not doing that here. Moses was a sinner.
King Saul Is In Heaven And He Killed Himself
Did you know that King Saul is in heaven? He killed himself, but the Bible tells us directly that he’s in heaven.
- If you read the Bible, you’ll know that King Saul was a sinner.
- He disobeyed God directly over and over again. Do you know what happened to Saul? He was punished.
1 Chronicles 10:13-14 So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, even against the word of the LORD, which he kept not, and also for asking counsel of one that had a familiar spirit, to inquire of it; 14 And inquired not of the LORD: therefore he slew him, and turned the kingdom unto David the son of Jesse.
- King Saul killed himself due to the transgressions he committed against the Lord.
- The day before King Saul killed himself Samuel was called up by a witch.
- There’s no doubt Samuel went to heaven. Let’s see what Samuel says to King Saul.
1 Samuel 28:19 Moreover the LORD will also deliver Israel with thee into the hand of the Philistines: and to morrow shalt thou and thy sons be with me: the LORD also shall deliver the host of Israel into the hand of the Philistines.
- Samuel says to Saul, “Tomorrow shalt thou and thy sons be with me.” Samuel was in heaven.
- Saul and his sons, including Jonathan, died the next day and went to heaven.
- Later, you’ll understand why and how King Saul made it to heaven.
- King David was a sinner. He had Uriah murdered. He committed adultery.
- What about King Solomon? Was he a good person?
1 Kings 11:1-3 But king Solomon loved many strange women, together with the daughter of Pharaoh, women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Zidonians, and Hittites; 2 Of the nations concerning which the LORD said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall not go in to them, neither shall they come in unto you: for surely they will turn away your heart after their gods: Solomon clave unto these in love. 3 And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines: and his wives turned away his heart.
- Solomon went directly against God’s commandments.
- God warned what would happen, Solomon ignored that warning, and then it happened.
1 Kings 11:6-8 And Solomon did evil in the sight of the LORD, and went not fully after the LORD, as did David his father. 7 Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon. 8 And likewise did he for all his strange wives, which burnt incense and sacrificed unto their gods.
- Solomon wrote Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and Song of Solomon.
- But later in his life, he went away from the Lord and God punished him.
- But God didn’t send Solomon to hell. Solomon is in heaven right now. How is that?
- Let’s keep going for now.
Rahab The Harlot Is In Heaven Right Now
What about Rahab the harlot? She’s another good example.
- She was a harlot who prostituted her body for money.
- Most people in churches would think, “There’s no way she made it to heaven. She wasn’t good.”
- Well, the Bible tells us in Hebrews Chapter 11 that she made it to heaven.
- How in the world would she make it to heaven?
Samson is in heaven. He messed up over and over again. He sinned against God.
- Samson ended up killing himself too. Hebrews Chapter 11 tells us Samson went to heaven.
What about some of these New Testament people like Peter and Paul?
- Peter denied Jesus. He did this after he witnessed everything Jesus had done.
- He saw the miracles. He promised that he would die for Jesus. But Jesus knew what was within man.
- What about Paul? He persecuted the true followers of Jesus when his name was Saul.
Acts 7:59-60 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. 60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.
- Continuing in the very next verse. Watch as this is the Apostle Paul.
Acts 8:1-3 And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles. 2 And devout men carried Stephen to his burial, and made great lamentation over him. 3 As for Saul, he made havock of the church, entering into every house, and haling men and women committed them to prison.
- You could argue that Paul is one of the greatest followers of Christ after his conversion.
- But watch what he says right there in Romans Chapter 7.
Romans 7:18-20 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. 19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. 20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
- This is after Paul started following Jesus Christ. Paul admits he is still a sinner.
- He says, “The evil which I would not, that I do.” He knows he’s still a sinner in his flesh.
- So, again, there is none good. None of these men and women in the Bible were good. NONE.
- How is anyone making it to heaven then? How can you be sure you’re going to heaven?
- This is the entire point of the whole Bible.
- I hope you can now see that you aren’t good. God says so. I didn’t say it. God said it.
If you can understand what’s coming up next and accept this, you will begin to understand the Bible from cover to cover.
- If our goodness doesn’t get us to heaven, that means we can’t do enough good things to get to heaven.
- We can’t work our way to heaven with good works because we aren’t good.
- There’s not a stair step that you have to work your way up to heaven. That’s a lie.
- The entire Bible teaches against a works based salvation. You can’t work your way to heaven.
Here Is God’s Way To Heaven
So, let’s find out how to make it to heaven. Let’s see what God’s way to heaven is.
- Wouldn’t you want to hear what He says? He’s the boss. He’s giving the instructions on how to get there.
- And look, this is very simple and easy to understand. And it’s the truth.
- I want to read you several verses here and then I want you to tell me how to receive eternal life.
- I don’t want you to add anything except what the Bible says. Only see the words from God Himself.
John 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
- All of those verses that we just read were directly from the mouth of Jesus Christ the Son of God.
- After reading those, what do you need to do to receive everlasting life.
- Look closely at John 6:47 there. This is my favorite verse to show people what it takes to go to heaven.
- Jesus is the author of our salvation. Won’t you listen to Him today, please? I’m begging you today.
- “He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.”
- Notice that Jesus gives one requirement to receive everlasting life. Just one and it’s right there.
- Just one requirement and it’s all throughout the Bible from Genesis to Revelation.
- Once you understand that there’s only one requirement, the entire Bible will begin to make perfect sense.
All that it takes to know for sure that you’re going to heaven is the believe on Jesus Christ to save you.
- What does that mean? “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.” This means to put ALL YOUR TRUST on Jesus.
- Not most of it but all of it. You must trust HIM ALONE to save you. Let me explain what that means.
- If you think you must be baptized to be saved, that’s not you believing on Jesus.
- Notice John 6:47 again. Does that say anything about baptism to be saved?
- Did Jesus forget to include baptism in that Scripture? Did Jesus tell us a lie in that Scripture?
If I asked a young child who hasn’t been indoctrinated by churches to read John 6:47, and tell me what it takes to receive everlasting life, what do you think they would say?
- “He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.” It’s that simple. The entire Bible matches this.
- Jesus didn’t forget something so important. He’s trying to tell you to wake up and see what HE SAYS!!!
- Jesus didn’t say repent of your sins to be saved. The Bible doesn’t say that anywhere.
- If you study repent and repentance in the Bible, you’ll see that repentance to be saved is a change of mind from unbelief on Jesus Christ to belief on Jesus Christ.
Baptism Is A Work And We Are Not Saved By Works
Baptism is a work that you do. Is it not? You have to do it. That’s a work.
- Repenting of sin takes work. It’s something you do. Asking forgiveness is something you do.
- Believing on Jesus Christ doesn’t take any work. To prove that, let’s take you as an example right now.
- At the start of the sermon, you might have been thinking: “Josh is not a good preacher.”
- But now you might say: “Well, I have learned something today so Josh maybe isn’t so bad at preaching.”
- Did that take any work on your part to change your mind? No, it took work on my part to convince you.
- A change is mind from not putting 100% of your trust on Jesus to 100% trust on Jesus doesn’t take work.
- So today, the only way for you to know for sure that you’re going to heaven is to know that you’ve put ALL YOUR TRUST and CONFIDENCE on Jesus Christ ALONE to save you.
If you think that you must constantly repent of your sins in order to make it to heaven, that’s a lie.
- If you think that you must be baptized in water to make it to heaven, that’s a lie.
- Jesus doesn’t say that anywhere. People take Scripture and twist it into something it’s not.
- If you think that you must do these works to be saved, you haven’t believed ON Jesus Christ.
- Please hear this today because I was headed for hell. I thought I needed to do all these other things.
- And yes, you should do those things AFTER you’re already saved and have everlasting life.
- But you MUST understand that none of those things can save you. No works of your own can save you.
- If you think being good and following all of God’s commandments will save you, you’re wrong.
- I know that you’re wrong because the Bible tells us the truth. There is TRUTH, and it’s in the Bible.
When you finally BELIEVE ON Jesus Christ alone, that’s the first drop of faith. It’s a tiny little drop.
- If you haven’t yet put all your trust on Jesus alone, you don’t have everlasting life and you don’t have the first little drop of faith.
- But all you have to do is change your mind right now and ask God to save you.
- Notice it’s God that saves you and not yourself. He already did all the work for you.
- If you’ll change your mind right now and believe on Jesus, you’ll receive everlasting life in a moment.
Ephesians 2:4-7 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) 6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: 7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
- Being saved only comes THROUGH Jesus Christ. Jesus died on the cross for you and I.
- He took all of our sins to hell already. Past, present, and future.
- He arose from the dead and showed us He is the one who has power over death and hell.
- I want to continue in Ephesians Chapter 2 with the very next verse.
Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
- God’s grace simply means He’s giving you something you don’t deserve. We’re sinners.
- We break God’s laws constantly. We do every day. If you can control every thought, you’re a better human than I.
- We don’t deserve to be saved. That’s what the grace of God means.
- “For by grace are ye saved through faith.” That’s it. All it takes is faith which is believing 100% on Jesus.
- Salvation is not of you. It’s through Jesus Christ alone. NOT OF YOURSELVES. It is the GIFT OF GOD.
- NOT OF WORKS the Bible says. If it were of works, then you could boast about how great you are.
- But the Bible says, “Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
- Again, I’m not better than you and you aren’t better than me. God’s plan is perfect.
There Are No Works You Can Do To Make It To Heaven
Some people will still believe that they MUST do these other works like baptism to get to heaven.
- Baptism is not faith alone. Repenting of sin is not faith alone. Faith is believing on Jesus to save you.
- That’s the first tiny drop of faith that saves you. And then you have everlasting life that never ends.
- The Bible calls being saved “the gift of God.” You don’t work for a gift.
- If I came to you with a great gift like a new car, but I said, “Well, you have to do some work for this gift.”
- “If you work so many hours and earn this car, then I’ll give you the gift.” Hey, look, that’s not a gift.
Remember, salvation is not of works. If it were, you wouldn’t be saved by grace.
- Remember, grace means that you don’t deserve it. If you work for something, you’re earning it.
- If you think you’re going to earn everlasting life and make it to heaven on your own, you won’t make it.
- You live for less than 100 years in this life (most likely) so do you think you can earn everlasting life?
- Do you think you can be so great in this life that you can earn 1 billion years of life?
Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
- You can’t be saved by God’s grace and works. This Scripture proves that.
- The biggest church in Kentucky and one of the biggest in this country says:
- “We believe you’re saved by grace but you must be baptized to go to heaven.”
- Did they miss Romans 11:6? Did they miss the entire Book of Romans, Galatians, Genesis to Revelation?
- If you’re saved by God’s grace, then it is no more of works. If it were of works, it can’t be of grace.
Grace And Work Are Opposites
- Grace and works are exact opposites. In other words, believing on Jesus alone is what saves you.
- You don’t have to do anything else. And that makes me smile because it’s great news for us.
- Gospel means GOOD NEWS!!! If we had to work our way to heaven, to hell we would go.
- Yes, that’s you. And yes, that’s me. We’re not good without God’s righteousness imputed to us.
Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
- If you think you can do everything God says in his law and make it to heaven, you aren’t listening.
- “Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight.”
- And I want you to hear this Scripture today and understand what it’s saying.
- Continuing in the very next verse of Romans Chapter 3.
Romans 3:21-22 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
- You can only receive the righteousness of God by faith of Jesus Christ.
- The righteousness of God is GIVEN to you as a gift once you believe on Jesus to save you.
- All you have to do is say in your mind right now, “Jesus I trust you alone to save me.” And it is finished.
Romans 3:23-26 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
- I’ve sinned, you’ve sinned, we aren’t good. We all fall far short of the glory of God.
- I’m sure that I’ve fallen far shorter than you have, but I know God has lifted my life up from the dead.
- I’m justified freely by HIS GRACE through the redemption in Christ Jesus alone.
- I know that Jesus will save me even though I don’t deserve any of it. God forbear me.
- If he didn’t bear with me, I would be dead right now. But He is patient, kind, and merciful. Thank God.
- God is the ONE who justifies me because I believe in Jesus as my Savior.
Romans 3:27-28 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
- I hope you see this today. You’re justified by FAITH alone without ANY deeds of the law.
- You don’t have to do any works at all to be saved. You can be saved in a moment.
- And if you aren’t hearing this and understanding this right now, maybe God isn’t calling you yet.
- But you’re time is coming. But I sure hope that God makes your time right now.
- I want to quickly show you that the entire Bible teaches faith alone to be saved.
Genesis 6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
- Noah wasn’t a good person in God’s eyes, but Noah believed what God told him.
- And he found grace in the eyes of the Lord. Will you simply believe the words God is speaking?
Genesis 15:6 And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.
- Genesis Chapter 15 is talking about Abraham. How did Abraham earn righteousness in God’s eyes?
- He believed in the Lord and he counted it to him for righteousness.
Romans 4:3-5 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. 4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
- How can salvation include any works like baptism and repenting of sin? It can’t.
- “But to him that worketh not but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly.”
The Bible Doesn’t Say, “Abraham Did A Great Work And God Accounted It To Him For Righteousness.”
- FAITH IS COUNTED FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS. That’s it my friends. Faith alone saves.
- I want to continue in the very next verse of Romans Chapter 4.
Romans 4:6-8 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, 7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. 8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.
- King David knew how he was saved. He knew that God gives you the righteousness without works.
- This is what King David says in Psalm 116, and I hope you’ll do the same right now.
Psalm 116:13 I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.
- You don’t have to wait to be saved. You don’t have to wait to wait until you die and then be judged.
Romans 10:13-14 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
- Do you believe what that says? “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
- In order to call upon the Lord today, you must first believe on Him to save you. That’s it.
- If you’ve never heard this before, that’s because you haven’t had a preacher tell you.
- And it’s all of our jobs to be preachers outside of church.
- How will your family and friends know without a preacher? Do you care about them?
- Then you better tell them the truth. It’s not difficult to be saved. Trust on the Lord Jesus Christ.
Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
- The Bible tells us that Abel was a prophet. Way back to Abel. “To him give all the prophets witness.”
- Abel knew that through God whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins and be saved.
- That’s why Abel brought a lamb as an offering in Genesis Chapter 4.
- He understood that the LAMB OF GOD would be the sacrifice for his sins.
All The Prophets In The Bible Knew That Works Would Not Save Them
- Moses knew. Joshua knew. Samson knew. Sarah knew. Esther knew. Rahab knew.
- Samuel, Saul, David, Solomon, Job, Ezra, Nehemiah, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Amos.
- Obadiah, Jonah, Zephaniah, Malachi, John the Baptist, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John.
- Peter, James, Paul, Titus, the Church at Rome, the Church at Ephesus, the Corinthians.
- They all knew that FAITH ALONE saved them. That’s how Saul, David, and Solomon made it.
- Faith is all it takes and the Bible never says anything other than that.
Isaiah 55:6-7 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: 7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
- If you’re listening right now and hearing this right now, God is near and calling you to Him.
- If you’ve never put all your trust on Jesus to save you, right now is the time. Don’t wait. Do it now.
- Why? Seek the Lord while he may be found, call upon him while he is near. He’s here now waiting for you.
- Don’t put it off any longer. Right now is the time because He may be found right now.
- God has mercy for you. Just take the gift. 100 billion lotteries don’t hold anything compared to this gift.
- Listen to me. I want to see you in heaven. That’s all I care about.
Isaiah 55:8-9 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
- What’s God saying to you right there? Just trust Him with your life. He will save you.
- He is an infinite amount higher than us. Trust what He says.
Isaiah 55:10-11 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: 11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
- God gave me the words of the Bible to preach to you today. They aren’t my words. They’re His words.
- If you accept His words today, God’s word is accomplishing exactly what He wants.
- And He wants you in heaven with Him. He begs and pleads with you today to trust Him.
- And if you do, watch what happens next in the very next verse of Isaiah Chapter 55.
Isaiah 55:12-13 For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands. 13 Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree: and it shall be to the LORD for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.
- Wow, now that’s awesome. FOR YE SHALL GO OUT WITH JOY and be led forth with peace.
- Why? When someone is saved, the mountains and the hills shall break forth into singing.
- The trees of the field shall clap their hands. God is watching and waiting.
- There is a spiritual world that we can’t see, but the Bible tells us a little about it. And it’s amazing.
- Receive everlasting life today and you will never be cut off from the Kingdom of Heaven.
- “For an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.”
If You’re Born Again, Your Soul Will Never Die
If you receive everlasting life today, this means you are born again. You are now in God’s family.
- Some churches will teach you that you can lose salvation by sinning. Well, we all sin in our flesh every day.
- This would mean that we would lose everlasting life all the time, get it back again through our works, lose it, get it back again, lose it again.
- The Bible never says any of that anywhere. Test it. Try it. Never says that anywhere.
- But let me show what it does say, and let me show you why you can be sure you’re going to heaven.
John 6:39 And this is the Father’s will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
- Jesus says, “Hey, I’m not losing any of you. You’re mine now. I SHOULD LOSE NOTHING.”
- Jesus will not lose you. Do you understand Jesus is the ALMIGHTY God and the Creator of all things?
John 10:28-30 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and my Father are one.
- I want you to remember this. If you’ve believed with all your heart that Jesus can save you, you’re saved.
- You are now in the hands of Jesus Christ. You’re in His hand.
- “Neither shall ANY MAN pluck them out of my hand.” Any man includes you.
- You aren’t stronger than Jesus. He’s got your soul in His hands, and you’re safe now.
And if you don’t think that’s safe enough, Jesus says:
- “My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all and no man is able to pluck them out of MY FATHER’S HAND. I and my Father are one.”
- So, now you have THE GREATEST who is God the Father coming in to protect your salvation.
- How in the world are you going to lose everlasting life with God protecting it for you?
- I want to read you one last Scripture as we close. This is the Scripture that finally woke me up.
1 John 5:10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
- If you don’t believe what God says, you’re making God a liar.
- When God finally opened my eyes, I saw that and I said, “God, I’m sorry. I don’t want to make you out to be a liar.”
Stop Listening To The Word Of Man And Listen To The Word Of God
- “I’ve been listening to the word of man instead of the word of God.” I thought I could lose salvation.
- But notice what this says at the end: “Because he believeth not the record that God gave of His Son.”
- You might say, “What’s this talking about? What’s the record God gave of His Son?”
1 John 5:11-12 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
- God has given me eternal life. I have it right now. That life is in HIS SON. It’s not me earning it at all.
- I have the Son of God as MY SAVIOR. I know I’m going to heaven.
- Am I 100% sure I’m going to heaven if I died right now? Oh yeah. I’m not scared to die.
- I will be carried by to heaven. I don’t know the directions to heaven.
- I don’t have the map, but I know Jesus will get me there.
1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
- Do you believe on the name of the Son of God today? If you do, what’s it say right there?
- You can know that you HAVE eternal life. That’s it. It’s over.
- As soon as you’re saved, you should be baptized. You should do your best for God.
- But know that you will mess up. God hates sin so He wants you to do your best to stop sinning.
- Your flesh or your body will die because it has sin. Your flesh isn’t forgiven. But your soul is forgiven.
- You should repent of your sins and ask God forgiveness in your flesh when you mess up.
- But you must know that your soul is saved, and you are going to heaven.
- I hope you’ve heard God’s words today and have changed your mind about Jesus Christ.