- Sermon Slides for Sermon Proverbs Chapter 2: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon Proverbs Chapter 2: PDF
- Audio MP3 for Sermon Proverbs Chapter 2: Audio
- Video MP4 for Sermon Proverbs Chapter 2: Video
 The title of the sermon today is “PROVERBS CHAPTER 2.” Let’s start there in verse 1.
My Son, Please Listen
 Proverbs 2:1 My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee;
- Are we going to receive God’s words? Or, will we reject His words?
- We’re going to see what happens when we receive His words.
- We can reject them if we want. He gave us the choice. But I hope today you will receive His words.
- I hope you will take His words and learn from them. RECEIVE HIS WORDS TODAY. Listen and hear.
 Proverbs 1:3 To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and equity;
 Proverbs 4:1 Hear, ye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding.
 Proverbs 7:1 My son, keep my words, and lay up my commandments with thee.
 1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
- Accept HIS WORDS. His words are worthy of all ACCEPTATION. Everyone should accept His words.
- Everyone should receive the word of God. God wants us to know that Jesus came to save all of us.
- We must trust in God to save us. There is no other Savior. We need to keep those words.
- When we won’t receive His Word and keep His words, what happens?
 John 12:46-47 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness. 47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
 John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
- God will judge you in the last day on whether or not you have trusted Jesus Christ to save you.
- If you do that right now, you will not abide in darkness EVER. Jesus is the light that you need.
- If you won’t accept these words, then God will judge you in the last day by your works.
- And if you’re judged by your works that means all your sin will be in that judgement.
- You don’t want that. So, today, trust Jesus Christ and receive God’s words.
And when you learn God’s words today, what do you do with them? Do you just forget them? No.
- The second part of Proverbs 2:1 says to “HIDE MY COMMANDMENTS WITH THEE.”
- Let’s read it again.
 Proverbs 2:1 My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee;
- No one can take away God’s words from you. Save them here. Hide them in here.
- No one can take them away EVER. And you’ll need them forever so get to learning them.
 Proverbs 3:1 My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:
 Proverbs 4:20-22 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. 21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. 22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.
 Proverbs 6:21 Bind them continually upon thine heart, and tie them about thy neck.
- God tells us constantly to KEEP HIS WORDS. Hide HIS WORDS within you. Tie them about your neck.
 Deuteronomy 6:6-7 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: 7 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
 Deuteronomy 6:8-9 And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes. 9 And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates.
- And that’s why I don’t understand why churches don’t want to hear the word of God any more.
- They want to send the kids out of church and give them a coloring sheet.
- They don’t want the children to learn God’s words. “But they children need something easier.”
- Oh yeah, mine are learning God’s word WAY MORE than when they went to Sunday School.
 Joshua 8:34-35 And afterward he read all the words of the law, the blessings and cursings, according to all that is written in the book of the law. 35 There was not a word of all that Moses commanded, which Joshua read not before all the congregation of Israel, with the women, and the little ones, and the strangers that were conversant among them.
- Why don’t we actually try following God’s way. We don’t need to take the little ones away.
- The women don’t need their own Sunday School class because other women will understand better.
- Joshua said, “Hey, bring the women, bring the little ones, bring the strangers. I’ve got something to tell you from God.”
- The Bible never gives an example of separating the congregation. NEVER. NOT ONCE.
- When you separate the congregation, then you aren’t congregating any more.
 2 Chronicles 20:13 And all Judah stood before the LORD, with their little ones, their wives, and their children.
- I will not stand up here to preach without the men, the women, and the children. Why?
- Because everyone needs to hear the word of God. From the little ones to the older ones.
- It’s not going to hurt anyone. It’s only going to help. For His words are LIFE unto those that find them.
- His words are HEALTH unto all their flesh. But so-called “churches” don’t want His words.
 Job 23:12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.
- HEY, LISTEN, we need the word of God. EVERYONE NEEDS IT. I need it more than my food each day.
- Do you believe that or not? Then start treating God’s word the way it should be treated.
 Psalm 119:9-11 Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word. 10 With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments. 11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
- HIDE HIS WORDS IN YOUR HEART so you don’t go up against God. You don’t want to sin against God.
 Matthew 13:44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.
- Why aren’t we treating the word of God like this? The word of God is like a great treasure hid in a field.
- You find that treasure, and you HIDE IT in that field. You hide the word of God deep inside of you.
- You sell all that you have so you can purchase that field. You give up all that you have for the word of God.
- And you hide it within because of the great joy that God’s word gives you.
We Should Give God Our Best And Full Effort
You give all that you have for God and His words. That’s what we should be like.
- I don’t want to come to church and not hear God’s Scriptures. I want a sermon packed with Scripture.
- And that’s why we do it the way we do here at this church. God’s word brings us great joy.
- It’s like that treasure hid in that field.
- And if you don’t feel that way about God’s word, start reading it and studying it every single day.
- You will see the joy that He brings. You are no longer lost. You know exactly what to do with your life.
 Proverbs 2:2 So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding;
- Hid His words within you so that you incline your ear unto wisdom and your heart to understanding.
- Don’t you want to understand things? Or, do you just want to be ignorant of everything? I don’t.
- So, I’ll hear the word of God, I’ll take the word of God, and I’ll receive it and hide it right here.
 Proverbs 2:3-5 Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding; 4 If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; 5 Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.
- When you get the Bible out to read it, is it a chore for you? I’ve made it that before. I’m not perfect.
- I have bad days too. We can’t be like that. We need to CRY out for knowledge.
- We need to lift up our voice to God and ask Him for understanding.
- We have to want it more than anything. We should seek knowledge and wisdom from God.
- We’ve all wanted silver and hidden treasure. We’ll seek after that with all we have.
- We need to seek after God with all that we have. He’s far better than any of those things.
 Proverbs 3:13-15 Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding. 14 For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold. 15 She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.
 Proverbs 8:18-21 Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness. 19 My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver. 20 I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment: 21 That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.
- God says to seek after Him. Why? True riches and honor are with Him. Durable riches. Riches that last.
- He is better than fine gold and choice silver. He will fill our treasures. Do you want treasure?
- I sure do. I want treasure that lasts. And God has it for us.
 Proverbs 23:23 Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.
- I want the truth in here. I don’t want to find it and then sell it. I don’t want to get rid of it.
- I want knowledge, wisdom, instruction, and understanding. I want to hide it in here.
- And God has made it where no one can EVER take it away. There’s nothing else like it in existence.
Have you ever stopped and cried out to God for knowledge and wisdom? If not, it’s time to do that.
- Once you do, He will answer you. Put in the work, and He will provide you with knowledge and wisdom.
- Then you shall understand the fear of the Lord. Then you will find the knowledge of God.
 Psalm 19:8-10 The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes. 9 The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether. 10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
- I hope you’re receiving these words and understanding how precious God’s words truly are.
- And you have them all there ready for you to learn and receive within. Sweeter than honey.
 Jeremiah 32:39 And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them:
- It’s good for us to fear the Lord. It’s good for our children to see that we fear the Lord.
- It’s good for their children after them. And so on and so on and so on.
- But the false preachers will tell you that you don’t have to fear God. Oh no. God never says that.
 Jeremiah 32:40-41 And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me. 41 Yea, I will rejoice over them to do them good, and I will plant them in this land assuredly with my whole heart and with my whole soul.
- Fear God so you do not depart from Him. He will put HIS FEAR into our hearts.
- So, if you have no fear of God, then you should go back to the Gospel of Jesus Christ and believe it.
- God will give us HIS WHOLE HEART and HIS WHOLE SOUL. Do you understand that? He’ll give it all to us.
- Why? Because we keep His words and His commandments. Because we fear Him with all that we have.
 Proverbs 2:6 For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
- This world gives you worldly knowledge and wisdom. There’s a big different in what you get from God.
- This world teaches you lies. The public schools are teaching your children lies.
- The liberal universities are teaching your children lies. The seminaries are teaching lies.
- Do you think the seminaries and Bible colleges are doing anything different?
Bible Colleges Are Teaching Lies
The Bible colleges are teaching lies. If you don’t believe me, go look at the churches.
- The churches are being led by these people being trained by the seminaries and Bible colleges.
- Then, you’ll see what they’re teaching them there. LIES.
- God gives TRUE wisdom. God gives TRUE knowledge and understanding.
- It’s not the so-called “GREAT MEN OF GOD” within the churches and seminaries. It’s God Himself.
 Exodus 31:2-3 See, I have called by name Bezaleel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah: 3 And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship,
 Exodus 31:4-5 To devise cunning works, to work in gold, and in silver, and in brass, 5 And in cutting of stones, to set them, and in carving of timber, to work in all manner of workmanship.
- God filled this man with the SPIRIT OF GOD. He filled him with wisdom, knowledge, and understanding.
- In what? In workmanship. You don’t think God can do that for you too? He can.
- “But I have to go to a liberal college to learn how to do things.” NO YOU DON’T!!!
 1 Kings 3:9-10 Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this thy so great a people? 10 And the speech pleased the Lord, that Solomon had asked this thing.
- Notice that Solomon asking for wisdom PLEASED the Lord.
- So, if you think God will be angry with you for asking for wisdom, you would be wrong.
 1 Kings 3:11 And God said unto him, Because thou hast asked this thing, and hast not asked for thyself long life; neither hast asked riches for thyself, nor hast asked the life of thine enemies; but hast asked for thyself understanding to discern judgment;
 1 Kings 3:12 Behold, I have done according to thy words: lo, I have given thee a wise and an understanding heart; so that there was none like thee before thee, neither after thee shall any arise like unto thee.
- God granted Solomon’s request for wisdom. But that’s not all he granted.
 1 Kings 3:13-14 And I have also given thee that which thou hast not asked, both riches, and honour: so that there shall not be any among the kings like unto thee all thy days. 14 And if thou wilt walk in my ways, to keep my statutes and my commandments, as thy father David did walk, then I will lengthen thy days.
- Solomon truly wanted wisdom to be a good judge for his people.
- God gave him wisdom so that there was none like him before him or after him.
- He also have riches and honor. And God gave Solomon another promise too.
- Follow my commandments and your days will be lengthened. You’ll have a longer life.
- Remember, ONLY the Lord gives knowledge, wisdom, and understanding of the truly important things.
 1 Chronicles 22:12 Only the LORD give thee wisdom and understanding, and give thee charge concerning Israel, that thou mayest keep the law of the LORD thy God.
 Job 32:8 But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.
 Isaiah 54:13 And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children.
- Don’t you want that for your children? I sure do. Only God can give that to them.
 Daniel 2:21-23 And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding: 22 He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him. 23 I thank thee, and praise thee, O thou God of my fathers, who hast given me wisdom and might, and hast made known unto me now what we desired of thee: for thou hast now made known unto us the king’s matter.
- God gave Daniel the wisdom and might. Daniel didn’t do it on his own.
 Luke 21:15 For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.
- That’s Jesus Christ speaking in Luke Chapter 21. You all know Luke 21 is about end times prophecy.
- Jesus says, “I WILL GIVE YOU A MOUTH AND WISDOM.” Only God gives wisdom. Jesus is God.
 John 6:45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.
- Do you know who is teaching us today? God is teaching us. It’s not me. He’s allowing the understanding.
- “And they shall all be taught of God.” Who? HIS PEOPLE WHO TRUST IN HIM.
- Maybe you aren’t learning much today. Have you trusted in the Lord?
 Ephesians 1:17-18 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: 18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
- We need to God to give us the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him.
- We need God to enlighten us and the teach us what He wants us to know.
 James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
- If you need wisdom like I do, then ask God. I will be asking God for more and more wisdom.
- God will give wisdom to you liberally or bountifully. He promises that right there.
- There’s not ONE WORD OF GOD that doesn’t give wisdom, knowledge, and understanding.
- If you want true knowledge and wisdom, you MUST go to the word of God.
 Proverbs 2:7 He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly.
- Now, is God going to give this treasure of wisdom and knowledge to anyone who asks Him?
- No, He isn’t. He lays it up in store for the righteous. He is a buckler or a shield to those who walk uprightly.
- Who are these righteous people? Who are these people who are walking uprightly?
- Is it the people who are working their way to heaven by doing good works in their flesh?
 1 Corinthians 1:29-31 That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
- No man can glory in his flesh or in his body. It doesn’t matter how good and righteous you think you are.
- You aren’t righteous in your flesh by doing all of these great works.
- Baptism doesn’t make you great. Speaking in tongues or babble doesn’t make you righteous.
- What makes you righteous? Jesus Christ. He only imputes righteousness to you once you believe on Him.
- “But of him are ye IN CHRIST JESUS, who of God is made us into wisdom, and righteousness.”
- God MAKES you into righteousness. Just as He gives wisdom, He gives righteousness.
 Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
 Romans 3:22-23 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
- There is no difference between my flesh and anyone else in this world. I’m not better than anyone else.
- Why? Because we’ve all sinned and come short of the glory of God.
- The only reason I have ANY righteousness at all is because I’ve believed on Jesus Christ.
- I have faith in Him. “Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ.”
 Romans 4:5-7 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. 6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, 7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
- We could go on for a very long time with Scriptures that say the exact same thing.
- We are only righteous because God’s way of giving us righteousness is through FAITH ALONE.
- “But to him that worketh not but believeth on Him that justifieth the ungodly. His faith is counted for righteousness.”
- Once we believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and follow His commandments, God has wisdom ready for us.
- God has protection ready for us. He is our shield. He is our provider. We rely on Him for everything.
- We don’t need the world to save us. We don’t need our employer to save us.
- We don’t need the government to bail us out with checks all the time.
- We have God Almighty who is our provider, SAVIOR, and protector. Understand that.
Walk Uprightly And Be Saved
 Proverbs 28:18 Whoso walketh uprightly shall be saved: but he that is perverse in his ways shall fall at once.
- Walk uprightly by following God’s commandments. FOLLOW HIS WORDS AT ALL TIMES.
 Proverbs 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
 Psalm 84:11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
 Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.
- The Book of Proverbs is amazing because every verse is a summary of the entire Bible.
- I hope you’re seeing this as I am with the Book of Proverbs. That’s why it’s filled with wisdom.
 Proverbs 2:8 He keepeth the paths of judgment, and preserveth the way of his saints.
- If you want to make good judgements in your life, then you need God. He keeps the paths of judgement.
- You might say, “Well, I don’t what to do. Should I get the Covid-19 vaccine or not?”
- You can find all the answers you need in the Bible. You might say, “But God doesn’t discuss vaccines directly?”
- No, He doesn’t BUT I guarantee that the answer is within the words of the Bible.
In case you haven’t been listening, WE ARE TO PUT OUR TRUST IN THE LORD and nothing else.
- Don’t inject yourself with dead things, sicknesses, and materials that are only available through past abortions or MURDER.
- God didn’t need to put DIRECT information about vaccines because He’s already covered it.
- He’s thinking: “Surely I’ve taught them enough in my words that they won’t trust in vaccines.”
- “Surely they’ll understand that I MADE them, and I didn’t require vaccines.”
 Psalm 139:14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
- God made us to fight off sickness and disease on our own without the help of man with vaccines.
 Proverbs 2:8 He keepeth the paths of judgment, and preserveth the way of his saints.
- God will not only help you make the right judgements but He’ll preserve your way IF you’re saved.
- If you have believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, you are sanctified or a saint in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- You might say: “Josh, you’re a saint? You sure don’t act like it all the time.”
- That’s right. I don’t, but I am a saint in Jesus Christ ALONE. My soul is saved. My body isn’t perfect.
- I mess up all the time, but my soul is protected by the SPIRIT OF GOD. He has saved me.
- He has made me into a saint. He preserves my way through His wisdom and knowledge.
 Psalm 37:23-24 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. 24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.
- Yes, I fall in this life because I sometimes lose my trust in the Lord from day to day.
- There are moments when I sin because I’m not putting God first.
- Sometimes I sin because I don’t fear the Lord 100% of each day.
- “Though he fall, he shall not utterly be cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with His hand.”
- That’s right. I fall, but God is there to hold me up. He is protecting my soul from sin.
 1 Samuel 2:9 He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail.
- God keeps us and preserves us. I’m not able to keep eternal life on my own. I’ll lose it in a minute.
- But God keeps our way and preserves our way to heaven. He already has that path fixed for us.
 Psalm 66:9 Which holdeth our soul in life, and suffereth not our feet to be moved.
 Psalm 37:28 For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.
- Once you believe on Jesus Christ, you’re saved. PAST TENSE. A saint is preserved FOREVER.
- Going back to Proverbs Chapter 2 verse 9.
 Proverbs 2:9 Then shalt thou understand righteousness, and judgment, and equity; yea, every good path.
- You won’t understand righteousness, judgement, equity, and every good path unless God gives it to you.
- Without God, we are not good and upright. We are sinners who break His commandments.
- How are we going to learn goodness? Will we learn it from another man or women? NO.
 Psalm 25:8-9 Good and upright is the LORD: therefore will he teach sinners in the way. 9 The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.
- We can only learn goodness from the ONE WHO IS GOOD. He will teach it to us. Not the world.
 Proverbs 2:10 When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul;
- Wisdom and knowledge should be pleasant to your soul. For example, you should enjoy this right now.
- If not, you can call me a boring preacher just like Paula White would. But I don’t care.
- Because I enjoy wisdom and knowledge from God. I enjoy the Scriptures. They are pleasant to my soul.
- The false preachers like Paula White are not pleasant to my soul. They preach the opposite of the Bible.
- Paul White is an idiot who isn’t pleasant to my soul AT ALL. She is just like Jezebel from the Bible.
 2 Kings 9:36-37 Wherefore they came again, and told him. And he said, This is the word of the LORD, which he spake by his servant Elijah the Tishbite, saying, In the portion of Jezreel shall dogs eat the flesh of Jezebel: 37 And the carcase of Jezebel shall be as dung upon the face of the field in the portion of Jezreel; so that they shall not say, This is Jezebel.
- That reminds me of Paula White. Her carcase shall be as dung upon the earth.
- Paula White should seek after God and HIS KNOWLEDGE. Maybe she still has a chance.
 Proverbs 2:11 Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee:
- Discretion is using your judgement properly.
- For example, other preachers would say that I shouldn’t judge Paula White.
- They would say: “That’s not good discretion.” So they just don’t say anything. Why?
- Because they don’t understand the Bible and have faith in God’s words.
- Personally, I believe Paula White is demon possessed. That’s what I believe.
I Will Preach The Truth With Proper Judgement And Equity
I’ll preach what Paula White truly is because she is a false preacher. She is sick and deranged.
- Do I hope that she would actually turn to God and see the truth in God’s word? YES I DO.
- Only good comes from the telling someone the truth. I was an idiot in the past too.
- Good preachers actually woke me up. They hurt my feelings, but I learned to get over that really quick.
- Maybe Paula White will actually listen and take good advice such as FOLLOW GOD’S WORD.
Stop making a show out of God and acting like you represent Him when He’s nothing like what you say.
- This is good discretion and good understanding. People should stop supporting false preachers.
- And then we wouldn’t have so many of them.
- But people would rather have the entertainment than God’s word. It’s very sad.
 Proverbs 2:12-15 To deliver thee from the way of the evil man, from the man that speaketh froward things; 13 Who leave the paths of uprightness, to walk in the ways of darkness; 14 Who rejoice to do evil, and delight in the frowardness of the wicked; 15 Whose ways are crooked, and they froward in their paths:
- Paula White is an example of this. Kenneth Copeland is an example of this. Joel Osteen is an example.
- Kyle Idleman is an example. Dave Hamlin is an example. Dave Smith example. Terry Yeager example.
- They all leave the word of God, which gives us the paths of uprightness.
Jesus says, “Whosoever believeth on me HATH everlasting life.”
- All of those false preachers I just mentioned call Jesus Christ a liar.
- According to them, you MUST do all of these other things too. What Jesus says is not enough.
- Putting all your trust in Jesus Christ alone is not enough according to them.
In other words, they are evil men and women. They speak froward things. They leave the paths of uprightness.
- They walk in the ways of darkness. They act as if they represent God Almighty.
- They rejoice in their evil ways of lying to people in church who are trusting them and their words.
- Their words don’t match God’s words. They delight in their lies and think highly of themselves.
- Their ways are crooked. They are froward in their paths. They think they know more than God.
- “Oh no Jesus, you’re wrong. It takes more than just believing on you. I don’t believe you forgot the other parts of how to be saved, Jesus. You should have asked us first.”
What God is saying in this Scripture is that HIS WORDS will deliver you from those people.
- For example, I fell for the deception from some of those people in the past.
- I thought they were good people, but I wasn’t using the WORD OF GOD for my judgement of them.
- If you are sound in the word of God, you’ll know the false preachers immediately.
- When a false preacher like Terry Yeager says, “We have to keep working until we gain eternal life,” you’ll know to get far away from him very quickly.
- I wasn’t ROOTED in the word of God at the time, but I did know something was wrong.
Yes, we are to judge the preachers and the preaching. Everything I say should be judged here.
- How should it be judged? ACCORDING TO THE WORD OF GOD and nothing else.
- Don’t add your worldly judgement to my preaching. If you have Godly judgement, then bring it here.
- “You shouldn’t say those things about preachers because it’s not nice.”
- Oh, I must have missed that part in the Bible. But, do you know what I see.
 Matthew 12:34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
 Matthew 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
 Luke 3:7 Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
- That’s Jesus Christ and John the Baptist speaking in those Scriptures.
- YOU VIPERS. YOU SERPENTS. Stop lying to people. Stop acting like you represent God.
- You don’t even follow the Bible AT ALL. NONE. ZERO. But you act like you do.
- But you can’t even get the simple Gospel of Jesus Christ correct. So yes, I will say something.
- You’re deceiving others and all the false preachers don’t want anybody to warn anyone about you.
- The word of God will guide us and direct us onto the right path.
- And the false preachers path will never lead you to the right path. Their path is an evil path.
- Let me give you an example from the Bible of what these false preachers are doing.
 Isaiah 30:8-10 Now go, write it before them in a table, and note it in a book, that it may be for the time to come for ever and ever: 9 That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the LORD: 10 Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:
 Isaiah 30:11-13 Get you out of the way, turn aside out of the path, cause the Holy One of Israel to cease from before us. 12 Wherefore thus saith the Holy One of Israel, Because ye despise this word, and trust in oppression and perverseness, and stay thereon: 13 Therefore this iniquity shall be to you as a breach ready to fall, swelling out in a high wall, whose breaking cometh suddenly at an instant.
- They are attempting to take God and His words out of everything. They don’t even realize it either.
- They are working for Satan because they’ve chosen themselves above God’s word.
- They want to teach you SMOOTH THINGS that people like to believe. They want to deceive you.
- And that’s what they’re doing. WE NEED TO WAKE UP and see the truth in God’s word.
 Proverbs 2:16-19 To deliver thee from the strange woman, even from the stranger which flattereth with her words; 17 Which forsaketh the guide of her youth, and forgetteth the covenant of her God. 18 For her house inclineth unto death, and her paths unto the dead. 19 None that go unto her return again, neither take they hold of the paths of life.
- The word of God will deliver you from the strange woman. She will flatter you with her words.
- She will make you feel good about yourself. That’s what false preachers do as well.
- They will flatter you and tell you what you want to hear. They forget about God.
- They will take you right to hell with them. GO TO HER, and you will not return.
- Don’t follow your heart. Don’t follow your emotions. Do you understand that?
- DO NOT GO WITH YOUR FEELINGS over THE WORD OF GOD. Don’t do it.
- These churches of today want you to go by your feelings. GOD NEVER SAYS THAT ONCE.
Beware Of Strange Women
Do you know how many times God warns us in His words to watch out for the strange woman?
- If you haven’t noticed all these times, maybe you should be reading the Bible more.
- Let’s look at just a few of these. We could write an entire sermon on this.
 Proverbs 5:3-5 For the lips of a strange woman drop as an honeycomb, and her mouth is smoother than oil: 4 But her end is bitter as wormwood, sharp as a twoedged sword. 5 Her feet go down to death; her steps take hold on hell.
 Proverbs 5:6-7 Lest thou shouldest ponder the path of life, her ways are moveable, that thou canst not know them. 7 Hear me now therefore, O ye children, and depart not from the words of my mouth.
- Do not listen to the words of a strange woman over the word of God.
- This strange woman will make you feel good about yourself and flatter you.
- GOD SAYS, “DO NOT LISTEN TO HER!!! LISTEN TO ME!!!”
 Proverbs 5:8 Remove thy way far from her, and come not nigh the door of her house:
- God says to not even go close to the strange woman. Don’t come near the door of her house.
- MEN NEED TO LISTEN TO THESE WARNINGS HERE. Read Proverbs Chapter 5.
- We’ll go over the entire chapter in detail here pretty soon, but hear these words today.
 Proverbs 5:18-20 Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth. 19 Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love. 20 And why wilt thou, my son, be ravished with a strange woman, and embrace the bosom of a stranger?
- Rejoice with the wife if thy youth. Let her satisfy you at all times. Be ravished with her love.
- Don’t be ravished with a strange woman. Don’t embrace the bosom of a stranger!!!
- Hey, listen up, this is straight from God. You better take his advice, or you’ll be a fool.
 Proverbs 6:23-25 For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life: 24 To keep thee from the evil woman, from the flattery of the tongue of a strange woman. 25 Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids.
- God knows that woman are appealing to men. He knows how He made men and women both.
- So He warns us to be happy with the wife that we have. Delight in her. Everything will be better.
- Stay away from the evil woman. They are everywhere today. Don’t allow her to flatter you.
- Don’t lust after her beauty. Don’t allow her to take you with her eyelids. Yes, it can happen.
- So God warns us over and over again to STAY AWAY from the strange woman.
God warns us in Proverbs Chapter 5, 6, 7, 22, and Proverbs Chapter 23.
- We also see the story of Joseph with his master’s wife trying to trick him into laying with her.
- Joseph refused and then she lies about him and he’s thrown into prison. So be ready for this.
- Don’t go into their homes. Don’t be alone with other women. Don’t put yourself into that situation.
- And then, of course, we see Solomon the writer of this book fall for all of these strange women.
- The wisest man of all falls for many, many strange and evil women.
 Nehemiah 13:26-27 Did not Solomon king of Israel sin by these things? yet among many nations was there no king like him, who was beloved of his God, and God made him king over all Israel: nevertheless even him did outlandish women cause to sin. 27 Shall we then hearken unto you to do all this great evil, to transgress against our God in marrying strange wives?
- Some false preachers are teaching their congregation that it’s okay to be divorced and have other wives.
- It’s okay to have multiple wives. You can still be a bishop and a deacon if you’ve had multiple wives.
- Maybe they aren’t seeing God’s word. We had a man visit here that was confused about these things.
- They wanted to ordain a man in their church who had been married multiple times.
- Because they wanted that man to be their pastor, they attempt to change the word of God.
- We can’t do that. We don’t get to change the word of God to get what we want.
- Yes, people make mistakes but we don’t make more mistakes by ignoring God’s word.
Solomon sinned by going after all of those strange women. Marriage is between ONE man and ONE woman.
- Some people will take the examples in the Bible like Abraham, Jacob, David, and Solomon.
- They’ll say: “See, it’s okay to have multiple wives.” Maybe you need to read Nehemiah Chapter 13 again.
- “Did not Solomon king of Israel sin by these things?”
- “Nevertheless even him did outlandish women cause to sin.” Yes, he was sinning with all those women.
- Don’t miss verse 27 right there: “Shall we then hearken unto you to do ALL THIS GREAT EVIL, to transgress against our God in marrying strange wives.”
- There, if that’s not clear enough for you then I don’t know what would be. “IT’S A GREAT EVIL,” God says.
Solomon ended up going after strange gods and turning away from THE ALMIGHTY GOD. Why?
- The strange women convinced him to do these things.
- When you’re intimate and close with a woman, they can easily convince you to do things.
- Why do you think God warns us over and over to NOT even come close to these strange women?
- The lust within you might think tell you that this is going to be good, but listen to God here.
 Ecclesiastes 7:26 And I find more bitter than death the woman, whose heart is snares and nets, and her hands as bands: whoso pleaseth God shall escape from her; but the sinner shall be taken by her.
- Don’t be taken by strange women. “STAY AWAY FROM THEM,” God says.
- Be happy with the wife of your youth. Be happy with that ONE AND ONLY wife.
- Don’t get caught in a snare or a trap. This is foolish and is not wise at all.
- Remember, we’re learning wisdom from God today.
- Same thing goes with false preachers. Don’t get caught in their trap.
- They are just like strange women who flatter you with their words. Don’t get caught.
- Let’s finish up Proverbs Chapter 2 with the last 3 verses.
 Proverbs 2:20-22 That thou mayest walk in the way of good men, and keep the paths of the righteous. 21 For the upright shall dwell in the land, and the perfect shall remain in it. 22 But the wicked shall be cut off from the earth, and the transgressors shall be rooted out of it.
- Keep God’s words and do not hearken to any others in this world.
- If someone is saying something opposite of God, don’t allow them to trap you in the lies. Stay away.
- Walk in the way of good men who are using God’s words to teach and to guide.
- Always check what they’re saying with the Scriptures. Never go away from the Scriptures.
- Keep the paths of the righteous who are saved by the blood of Jesus Christ.
- The righteous aren’t saved by their works. The false preachers are teaching a works based salvation.
- They are not righteous so do not walk in their ways. Do not go to their churches. They are not of God.
Keep The Paths Of The Righteous
“That thou mayest walk in the way of good men, and keep the paths of the righteous.”
- Do you know who a good man is? JESUS CHRIST. You’ll never go wrong by following Him. NEVER.
- Walk in His ways. Keep His paths. Don’t go after any other.
- “The upright shall dwell in the land and the perfect shall remain in it.”
- Is there any upright and perfect man without the Lord Jesus Christ? No, there isn’t.
- We don’t get to act like we’re perfect and have done nothing wrong because we have.
- We are upright and perfect now because we lack nothing. God has given everything to us.
- God has saved us and only by His grace can we be upright and wanting in nothing. Only through Him.
The wicked shall be cut off from the earth verse 23 says. The transgressors shall be rooted out of it.
- Who are the wicked? The wicked are all those who won’t believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- There is no middle ground. There are two groups of people: the righteous and the wicked.
- The righteous are all those who have believed on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The wicked are all those who haven’t believed on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- God is the GREAT DIVIDER who divides everyone into these 2 groups.
Do you want to dwell in heaven, or do you want to dwell in hell in everlasting torment?
- It’s so easy and simple to be saved today. God wants you to be saved.
- God wants to give you everlasting life today. Simply change your mind and believe on Jesus Christ.
- He is the REAL GOD. He is the ONE who can save you right now.
- Believe on Him, call out to Him to save you, and He will save you at the moment you believe.
- And He’ll give you everlasting life that never ends. You can’t lose it. He keeps you and preserves you.
- Verse 21 says, “AND THE PERFECT SHALL REMAIN IN IT.” You won’t lose your salvation. EVER.