- Sermon Slides for Sermon Proverbs Chapter 5: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon Proverbs Chapter 5: PDF
- Audio MP3 for Sermon Proverbs Chapter 5: Audio
- Video MP4 for Sermon Proverbs Chapter 5: Video
 The title of the sermon today is “PROVERBS CHAPTER 5.”
My Son, Attend Unto “MY” Wisdom
- We’re going to continue our detailed study through the Book of Proverbs.
- We are now on Chapter 5 of 31 total chapters. Let’s start there in verse 1 of Proverbs Chapter 5.
 Proverbs 5:1-2 My son, attend unto my wisdom, and bow thine ear to my understanding: 2 That thou mayest regard discretion, and that thy lips may keep knowledge.
- The Book of Proverbs alone tells us over and over again to attend to God’s wisdom.
- BOW YOUR EAR to God’s understanding. Listen to His words, learn His words, meditate over His words.
- Why? So you may regard discretion and so your lips will KEEP knowledge.
- If you forsake wisdom at any time, your lips will not keep that knowledge. You’ll start speaking lies.
- Discretion or caution in your decision making is very important in the Bible.
- Constantly, you should be making sure you are making the right decisions.
For example, before church started, you may have asked yourself: “Should I go to church tonight?”
- If you attend unto God’s wisdom, you’ll understand that God gives you knowledge here at church.
- God provides us with wisdom from His words. Do you not want that?
- For me, it’s not an option whether or not I’m coming to church. I don’t have to make that decision.
- I MUST BE AT CHURCH because God is going to share His wisdom with me. I’m not missing that.
- That’s called good discretion and good judgement. I made the right decision to be here at church.
 Proverbs 19:11 The discretion of a man deferreth his anger; and it is his glory to pass over a transgression.
- Discretion from God keeps you from getting angry when you shouldn’t be getting angry.
- Unrighteous anger, which is the type of anger we have most of the time, causes us to sin.
- Transgression is sin. Well, discretion or caution in our decision making, keeps us from sinning.
- We’ll be able to pass right over that transgression without touching it. That’s what we need.
- And that’s why God is again telling us to ATTEND TO HIS WISDOM. Bow your ear to His understanding.
- This is the only way we will make good decisions and keep knowledge.
 James 1:19-20 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: 20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
- Many people have told me that I talk slow. I used to think “SLOW TO SPEAK” meant slow to speak.
- Just kidding. Slow to wrath. When we get angry, we don’t make good decisions. That’s not discretion.
- We have to be calm, patient, always listening for God’s words, slow to speak, slow to wrath.
- THEN, we will have discretion and make excellent choices in our life. Don’t make rash decisions.
- Always go back to God’s word and make good judgements based on His words.
 Proverbs 22:17 Bow down thine ear, and hear the words of the wise, and apply thine heart unto my knowledge.
- The words of the wise are throughout this entire Bible. Bow your ear to those words.
- What do we see most of the time in this world, though?
- We see people bowing their ears to the wicked news people, to wicked Hollywood, to celebrities, to musicians, and to anything but the word of God.
- We see people think that they’re doing right by bowing their ears to false preachers.
- But those preachers aren’t using the word of God properly.
- So again, let’s bow our ears to the words of the wise. And every word of God is wisdom.
 Proverbs 5:3-4 For the lips of a strange woman drop as an honeycomb, and her mouth is smoother than oil: 4 But her end is bitter as wormwood, sharp as a twoedged sword.
- A strange woman is an evil woman. All of her words to you are sweet to your ears.
- She will flatter you. Same thing with evil men too. Goes both ways here.
- Her mouth is smoother than oil. Have you seen the smoothness of oil in your hands?
- There’s nothing that pricks you or hurts you. It’s just smooth and feels good.
- But don’t be fooled God says. The strange woman is actually as sharp as a twoedged sword.
- Her end is bitter. She will cut you and hurt you. Solomon himself found this out.
 Proverbs 7:21 With her much fair speech she caused him to yield, with the flattering of her lips she forced him.
- Don’t be fooled by lips of flattery. Many people do this constantly and it works.
- There are entire books written about how to move up in this world by using flattery.
- “Just make others feel good about themselves and you’ll get what you want from them.”
- That’s what the world teaches. That’s what false preachers in churches are doing.
- I can’t do that. The inside of me tells me it’s wrong. The Holy Spirit tells me it’s wrong.
- You won’t hear much flattery out of me at all. I will tell you the truth, though.
- The false preachers are smoother than oil but they will actually cut you to pieces.
- Their mouths are actually like a moving chainsaw, and they don’t care about you.
 Psalm 55:21 The words of his mouth were smoother than butter, but war was in his heart: his words were softer than oil, yet were they drawn swords.
- Watch out for the people of this world who flatter you. Think of a salesman who is very good.
- That’s exactly what they do, and that’s exactly what they are taught.
- They act as if they care about you, but say that you can’t afford it right now, and they will slaughter you with their words.
- Their words are actually drawn swords. You all need to watch out for this in your life.
- This is a warning from God, and you need to bow your ear to His understanding.
 Proverbs 5:5 Her feet go down to death; her steps take hold on hell.
- The feet of a strange woman go down to death. Her steps TAKE HOLD on hell.
- So why in the world would you want to be around a strange woman?
- Is it because she makes you feel good with all of her lies to you? Is it worth it? Of course not.
- “But she made me feel so good about myself. But he made me feel so good about myself.”
- No, what they were trying to do is bring you down to death and hell with them.
- Will you trust what God says or not? God is only trying to help us here. He’s teaching us truth.
- STAY AWAY FROM THE STRANGE WOMAN. Stay away from the strange man.
Watch Out For The Strange Men Too
There’s a lot of strange men now that act like this strange woman so watch out.
- There’s a lot of whorish women in this world now, but there’s a lot of whorish men too.
- Be careful of the strange man and the strange woman who come to you with flattery.
- Be wise. Don’t go near their paths as they lead to death and hell.
 Proverbs 2:18-19 For her house inclineth unto death, and her paths unto the dead. 19 None that go unto her return again, neither take they hold of the paths of life.
 Proverbs 7:24-27 Hearken unto me now therefore, O ye children, and attend to the words of my mouth. 25 Let not thine heart decline to her ways, go not astray in her paths. 26 For she hath cast down many wounded: yea, many strong men have been slain by her. 27 Her house is the way to hell, going down to the chambers of death.
- Yes, many strong men have been SLAIN by the strange woman. They didn’t have a chance against her.
- Understand that right now and do not be deceived.
- Do you want an example of a strange women? Paula White. That’s a strange woman. Watch out.
- She doesn’t have a clue what God’s word says. She’s all over the place.
- Her doctrine doesn’t match God’s word at all. It’s strange. It’s way out there.
 Proverbs 5:6 Lest thou shouldest ponder the path of life, her ways are moveable, that thou canst not know them.
- I love that Scripture right there. If you go after the strange woman, you will PONDER the path of life.
- You will examine or start questioning the right path in life. Why is that?
- Because you won’t know which way you’re going any more. “What should I do? Is this the right way?”
- “Or is it this way? I’m lost. I don’t know what to do.”
- “HER WAYS ARE MOVEABLE,” God says. “That thou canst not know them.”
- You won’t know where you’re going. You will be lost in your life. And it’s sad because that’s most people.
- Most people are going after strange things.
God created each and every person and they choose to follow after something else, which is strange.
- Why would you choose to go after something else that isn’t good? God is good and His ways are best.
- But, for some reason, people don’t want God and His ways. They want more pleasure for themselves.
- And then you get a bunch of people who are only in it for themselves. That’s our world now.
- When you come to church, you shouldn’t have that any more.
Everyone you see around you should be looking out for the others around them.
- Selfishness is everywhere around us in this world. We should come to church and it shouldn’t be here.
- Selfishness is STRANGE to God because He’s not selfish AT ALL.
- Selfishness will take you down the wrong path.
- Don’t go after a moving target. God’s word and His ways are NOT a moving target.
- This is how you’ll know if you’re in a false church or not. Are their rules always changing?
- Man is always changing the rules. God isn’t changing the rules on you. God isn’t changing the path.
God’s way to heaven is faith alone without works AT ALL. Believe on Jesus Christ, and in a moment, you’re saved.
- You’ll have everlasting life, and this is life that NEVER ends. You can’t lose it. You’re saved from hell.
- But the false churches are constantly changing their path. Salvation is a moving target.
- And their false salvation will never be hit with the arrow. You’ll always miss because the target isn’t there.
- It’s a mirage. That’s why we have so many so-called Christian denominations.
- They are there to confuse everyone. But God’s path is simple and it’s in His words.
- HIS WAYS AND HIS WORDS ARE NOT MOVEABLE LIKE THE STRANGE WOMAN’S WAYS AND WORDS.
- He gave us ONE WAY and that way is Jesus Christ. There is no other way.
Jesus Christ PLUS baptism is like a strange woman. That’s some other path. That’s not Jesus Christ and His way.
- Jesus Christ PLUS repenting of all your sin is just like a strange woman.
- Jesus Christ PLUS any work is not Jesus Christ alone. You’ve made up some other way.
- And then that’s never enough. The target will change again. The path will change again.
- But not in God’s word. His way doesn’t change. He is the same today, yesterday, and forever.
- God did not create the moving targets. The strange men and women of this world did.
 2 Thessalonians 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
 2 Thessalonians 2:9-10 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
- Don’t be deceived by the WICKED ONES. God will consume them and all their lies with His words.
- Jesus Christ will DESTROY all of the these liars that are out there creating these moving targets.
- They will tell you great things. They will speak GREAT lies against God. It’s already happening.
- All they had to do was trust God and His words, which are truth. But they wouldn’t do it.
- Don’t let them take you with them. Jesus Christ PLUS baptism makes you feel good.
- When you got baptized, it made you feel like you were working for salvation. And you were.
- But it doesn’t work that way. You can’t start adding works to faith or it’s not faith alone for salvation.
 Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
- You MUST believe on Jesus Christ to be saved. If you first believe, you’re saved at that moment.
- THEN, your baptism is a good work. But your baptism isn’t saving you from hell.
- The blood of Jesus Christ is saving you from hell. God saves you once you trust in His work.
- If you believed AND you are baptized, of course, you’re saved because you believed.
- “BUT HE THAT BELIEVETH NOT SHALL BE DAMNED.”
If you never believed on Jesus Christ alone but you were baptized, you’ll go to hell.
- Believing that it’s Jesus Christ PLUS baptism is not believing on Jesus Christ.
- If you believed on Jesus Christ but you were never baptized, you’re saved.
- But why would you do that if you have time to get baptized? Jesus commands this work for us to do.
- If you believed on Jesus Christ AND you were baptized, you’re saved.
- If you never believe on Jesus Christ and you were never baptized, you’ll go to hell.
So, look, churches and religions have created these moving targets that are slowly changing over time.
- These moving targets are moving paths that will NEVER lead you to heaven. They never will.
- Some people work their entire life, and the way to heaven is always moving.
- Why? Because it’s sinful man always moving the targets. God doesn’t do that. It’s very simple.
 John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
- Simply believe on God Almighty to save you. Believe the words of Jesus Christ.
- Don’t add baptism to the equation. That gets you off the path. And you’ll fall into a deep pit.
- Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life. It’s not Jesus Christ PLUS baptism. It’s not in His words.
- If it were, John 5:24 would be a lie. And Jesus is not a liar.
Baptism Is Not A Requirement To Be Saved Because It Is Not Faith
There is no Scripture that says you MUST be baptized to be saved from hell. Understand that.
- Acts 2:38 doesn’t say that you MUST be baptized to receive remission of sins.
- You should be baptized BECAUSE you have already received remission of sins by repenting or changing your mind and believing on Jesus Christ.
- Don’t make new ways and new paths. Don’t make up lies. Don’t create strange doctrine.
- When the false preachers do this, they are leading people to death and hell. That’s not okay.
 Proverbs 5:7 Hear me now therefore, O ye children, and depart not from the words of my mouth.
- Do you hear that or not? “Hear me NOW therefore O ye children.” This is God speaking.
- He says, “DEPART NOT FROM THE WORDS OF MY MOUTH.” Don’t listen to a false preacher.
- You MUST listen to God’s word. If someone departs from God’s word, don’t listen to them.
- If they continue to depart from God’s word, don’t continue to support them.
This is exactly what has happened in the churches. God says, “Don’t depart from my words.”
- When you support a false preacher, you are departing from God’s words. Understand that.
- What should you do if you have a false preacher? LEAVE. Go find someone who preaches God’s words.
- Go find a church that doesn’t want you for your money. Stop falling for lies.
- False religion and false preachers are compared to strange women.
 Revelation 17:1-2 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters: 2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
 Revelation 17:3-4 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. 4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
 Revelation 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
- The great whore is the mother of harlots and abominations of the earth.
- LIES ABOUT GOD’S WORD such as “YOU MUST BE BAPTIZED TO BE SAVED” is an abomination.
- Yes, you should be baptized AFTER you’ve been saved by believing on Jesus Christ.
- Anything other than that is a lie and is part of this GREAT WHORE.
This great whore has led people to death and hell. Her path is always changing.
- And you will be confused. That’s what a strange woman will do for you.
- She’ll be smooth and flattering, but she’ll rip you to pieces after you fall asleep without God’s word.
- How do you avoid this? Simply FOLLOW GOD’S WORDS. That’s it.
- “Depart not from the words of God’s mouth.”
 Proverbs 5:8 Remove thy way far from her, and come not nigh the door of her house:
- Would you go to a church that is teaching you MUST be baptized to be saved?
- Are you going to say, “Well, they are close to salvation so I’ll support them.”
- Is that what God says to do? NO, He doesn’t. “Remove thy way FAR from her.”
- “Do not come near the door of her house.” He doesn’t say go inside and enjoy the gyms.
He doesn’t say go inside and enjoy the fitness center and the book store and the coffee.
- He doesn’t say go inside and send your children to unknown people in Sunday School.
- God wants us to get far away from those liars who teach lies to you and your children.
- You allow your fleshly desires to TRUMP God’s word. That will not end up good for you.
- If you haven’t realized who I’m talking about, it’s Southeast Christian Church.
- Remove your way FAR from that abomination filled with lies about God’s word.
- Yes, and they are very slick about it. They are very smooth about it.
- Did you hear anything God said about this? He’s warning you. Stop falling for it.
- If you don’t remove you way far from this strange woman, let’s see what God says will happen.
 Proverbs 5:10 Lest strangers be filled with thy wealth; and thy labours be in the house of a stranger;
- Wow, it’s exactly what is happening at Southeast Christian Church.
- STRANGERS will be filled with your wealth. Your labor will be in the house of a stranger.
- Kyle Idleman is a stranger to Jesus Christ because he constantly teaches lies.
- He doesn’t use the words of Jesus Christ. He teaches that it’s faith alone but you must be baptized.
Confusion are his ways. He is a stranger to Jesus Christ and is being filled with your wealth and labor.
- And what does he do in return for you? He lies to you. He deceives you, but he’s smooth.
- For people who don’t know God’s word, he sounds so great. To me, he makes me want to vomit.
- He writes books and wants you to buy his books instead of reading God’s word.
- He is just like a strange woman. His way is not God’s way.
- And let’s see what else happens when you don’t get away from the strange woman as God commands.
 Proverbs 5:11-12 And thou mourn at the last, when thy flesh and thy body are consumed, 12 And say, How have I hated instruction, and my heart despised reproof;
- You will mourn and cry over the path you’ve chosen versus listening to God’s ACTUAL words.
- You’re going to be sorry when your flesh and your body are consumed.
- God is warning you, and He wants you to listen. STICK TO HIS WORDS and nothing else.
- “But I need the commentaries!!! I need other books. I need this and I need that.”
- No, you don’t. He says to listen to His words. He gives you the Holy Spirit to teach you all things.
You Need A Church That Guides You In “GOD’S WORD” and Not Their Own
He gives you good pastors and good preachers that will guide you in God’s word.
- You’ll know the difference. You’ll see the difference. You’ll actually learn the Scriptures.
- But you don’t want that. You would rather have someone who makes you feel good all the time.
- Listen, don’t be that way. It’s not going to be good. Go after God’s word with all that you have.
- Stop going after things that makes your flesh happy. Go after spiritual things like God’s word.
 Proverbs 5:13 And have not obeyed the voice of my teachers, nor inclined mine ear to them that instructed me!
- Listen to the good teachers who actually instruct you using God’s word. That’s instruction.
- If not, you’ll finally see that at the last, you haven’t listened to the ones who actually loved you.
- Love is following God’s commandments and doing what He says to do.
- The people who are doing those things for you are the ones who actually love you.
- But you’ll reject those people over and over again. You won’t listen to your father who loves you.
- You won’t listen to your mother who loves you. You won’t listen to the ones who actually care.
- Instead, you should just give it up and INCLINE YOUR EAR unto those who are giving you God’s word.
- And then, at the last, you won’t be ashamed that you ignored God’s word.
 Hebrews 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.
- Listen to the ones who are actually speaking and teaching God’s word.
- Consider what they’re saying to you from the start to the finish.
- Listen to those who have ACTUAL faith “IN” God’s word.
- So many false preachers will talk about faith, but they don’t know anything about God’s word.
- They’ll say, “BUT I’VE GOT FAITH. I don’t know God’s word, but I’ve got faith.” REALLY???
- Kenneth Copeland says he’s not strong in the Bible but he has faith.
 Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
- The truth is that Kenneth Copeland doesn’t have ANY faith at all. He lies about God for filthy lucre’s sake.
- Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God.
- So, what do we do in this church? We base everything on the word of God. We receive it.
- We hear it. We increase faith. You don’t get faith without the word of God.
- You don’t grow your faith without the word of God. Understand that right now.
- Too many people want to be entertained by some preacher versus wanting to hear God’s word.
 Proverbs 5:14 I was almost in all evil in the midst of the congregation and assembly.
- If you want to go to the strange woman and ignore the instruction of God’s word, you will be in evil.
- And you might almost be fully consumed by the evil.
- And then you’ll find yourself standing right there in the middle of the congregation.
- And you will fall and your flesh and body will be consumed. You don’t want that.
 Hosea 4:11-12 Whoredom and wine and new wine take away the heart. 12 My people ask counsel at their stocks, and their staff declareth unto them: for the spirit of whoredoms hath caused them to err, and they have gone a whoring from under their God.
- Don’t go after other things. Don’t go after false gods. Don’t go after false preachers.
- Don’t go after strange women. Don’t go after whoredom.
 Hosea 4:13 They sacrifice upon the tops of the mountains, and burn incense upon the hills, under oaks and poplars and elms, because the shadow thereof is good: therefore your daughters shall commit whoredom, and your spouses shall commit adultery.
 Hosea 4:14 I will not punish your daughters when they commit whoredom, nor your spouses when they commit adultery: for themselves are separated with whores, and they sacrifice with harlots: therefore the people that doth not understand shall fall.
- God won’t punish them. He’ll let the whores and harlots take care of them. And they will.
- They will destroy you. Understand that right now. Get out of the false churches and false religions.
 Proverbs 5:15-18 Drink waters out of thine own cistern, and running waters out of thine own well. 16 Let thy fountains be dispersed abroad, and rivers of waters in the streets. 17 Let them be only thine own, and not strangers’ with thee. 18 Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth.
- Drink your own water or your own cistern. Don’t go after the strange woman and her water.
- Drink from your own well. But not in today’s world. One child will have 3 different dad’s and mom’s.
- Which house is the child going to be at this week? Is it this one or that one or that one?
- Yes, the so-called adults are confusing the children. It’s evil. It’s wicked. Drink for your own well.
Don’t go after strangers. Don’t join together with strangers. Don’t drink with them.
- You need to rejoice in the wife of your youth.
- For those who haven’t made mistakes, STICK TO ONE HUSBAND OR ONE WIFE.
- For those who have made mistakes, it’s over. Now, do it the right way. Stick to your wife or husband.
- Let YOUR husband, be YOUR husband. Let YOUR wife, be YOUR wife.
- If you can’t do that, how are you going to have God be YOUR God. You’ll want something else.
- Your husband isn’t enough for you? Your wife isn’t enough for you? Then God won’t be enough for you.
- The problem isn’t with God, though. The problem is with you. God doesn’t have the problem. You do.
- God says, “Rejoice with the wife of your youth!!!” Do what He says or not. Not is the bad choice.
 Ecclesiastes 9:9 Live joyfully with the wife whom thou lovest all the days of the life of thy vanity, which he hath given thee under the sun, all the days of thy vanity: for that is thy portion in this life, and in thy labour which thou takest under the sun.
- Live joyfully with your wife. Don’t go looking for something else. What’s wrong with you?
- Do you realize what you have there? You don’t need anything else.
 Malachi 2:14-15 Yet ye say, Wherefore? Because the LORD hath been witness between thee and the wife of thy youth, against whom thou hast dealt treacherously: yet is she thy companion, and the wife of thy covenant. 15 And did not he make one? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And wherefore one? That he might seek a godly seed. Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth.
- The wife of your youth. Do not deal treacherously against her. You are one with your wife.
- Why are you going after a second or a third or a fourth? You are already completed. You are one.
- If you can’t do that, which is what God says to do, how are you going to follow God alone?
- You can’t stay with one woman in this life. How are you going to worship ONLY God?
- Marriage is a picture of staying with God and worshipping God alone at all times.
 Proverbs 5:19 Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love.
- Let your wife be the one that you want all the time. Not some strange woman.
- Stop looking for other things. Keep your eyes on your wife. Stop looking at other women.
- Let the breasts of your wife satisfy you at all times. You don’t look to other women AT ALL. Never.
- Be ravished with the love of your wife. God never says it’s okay to look.
- God never says it’s okay to go after other women. It’s not. It’s evil and it’s wicked.
 Song of Solomon 4:5-7 Thy two breasts are like two young roes that are twins, which feed among the lilies. 6 Until the day break, and the shadows flee away, I will get me to the mountain of myrrh, and to the hill of frankincense. 7 Thou art all fair, my love; there is no spot in thee.
- Your wife is the one that you want. The world talks you into other women. They are strange women.
- You were joined together with your wife. You are one with your wife. Anything else is strange. It’s weird.
- Same thing with God. When you’re saved by Jesus Christ, you are now one with Him.
- You don’t want anything else. You don’t want to worship a false god.
- You want to worship the one who created you and saved you.
- “Thou art all fair, my love, there is no spot in thee.”
Your husband or your wife that you choose needs to be saved with everlasting life BEFORE you marry.
- You can’t be more unequally yoked together than an unsaved person with a saved person.
- And nothing can be more strange than a saved man with a strange woman.
- Or, a saved woman with a strange man. It’s evil. It’s wrong. God hates this.
 2 Corinthians 6:14-15 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
- God doesn’t want believers with unbelievers. It doesn’t work.
- Before you marry, you better make sure the person you’re with is saved.
- If not, you better help them be saved.
- And if they don’t want any part with God, then you don’t want them. GOD IS NUMBER ONE. They aren’t.
 2 Corinthians 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
 2 Corinthians 6:17-18 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
- You and your spouse need to be sons and daughters of the Almighty God.
- THEN, everything will work. THEN, your marriage will be successful.
- THEN, your husband will hear the word of God and the warnings that God gives to him.
- Be ravished with the love of your wife ALWAYS. Don’t look upon a strange woman.
- Don’t even go near a strange woman. Don’t go by her house. STAY AWAY.
Saved People Who Are Following God Will Hear God’s Words
If the wife is saved, THEN she will hear the word of God and the warning that He gives her.
- Wives, be in subjection to your husbands. Be under the power of your husband.
- Wives, submit yourselves unto your OWN husbands. Not some other man. YOUR OWN HUSBAND.
- A pastor isn’t the leader of the wife of every husband. That’s just weird. That’s strange.
- The husband needs to be leading his wife in the right ways at all times.
- The right ways are God’s ways. The right ways are found in God’s word.
- If a husband isn’t leading his wife in God’s word and studying God’s word with his wife, there’s going to be problems.
 Colossians 3:18-20 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord. 19 Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them. 20 Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.
- Don’t be bitter against your wife. BE NOT BITTER AGAINST THEM. Love your wife.
- Wife, we’re going to read the Bible together so we can love each other the right way.
- Following God’s word is love. You can’t love your wife or husband properly without God’s word.
 Ephesians 5:22-24 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. 24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
 Ephesians 5:25-27 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
 Ephesians 5:28-30 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. 29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: 30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
- The husband and the wife is one flesh. The saved people of the church are the same with Christ.
- Husbands should give themselves to their wives just as Christ gave Himself so we can be saved.
- Would I die so my wife could live? Yes, I would jump in front of a bullet to save her and not think twice.
- So then why in the world would I want to look at another woman? My wife is my flesh and I am hers.
- We need to understand this and get this down once and for all.
- It’s not okay for a husband to look at strange women. It’s not okay for a wife to look at strange men.
- Same thing with God. It’s not okay to go after other things in this world and put them above God.
- It’s not okay to put your husband or wife above God. HE IS NUMBER ONE. Don’t be weird.
And yes, it’s weird and strange to put YOUR CREATOR below other things.
- That includes things that the world say is okay to place first, such as your children or dad or mom.
- No, it’s not okay to put any of them above God Almighty. Who created you first? Who gave you life first?
- NEWS FLASH. It wasn’t your dad or mom. It was God. He gave you this life. He can take it any time.
Don’t Be Weird And Weird Is Different Than God’s Word
Don’t be weird and go after strange things. GOD IS THE ONE who deserves to be number one.
- THEN, it’s your spouse, your children, and your family. They are all AFTER God.
- He gets priority on all things. Understand that right now.
- So if you would take a bullet for your wife, what do you think you would do for God?
- That’s what He wants us to be like. He MUST be number one in our lives, or we will have troubles.
 Proverbs 5:20 And why wilt thou, my son, be ravished with a strange woman, and embrace the bosom of a stranger?
- Why? Nothing good will come from this. God warns us over and over again. MY SON, listen.
- Do not be ravished with a strange woman.
 Proverbs 23:27-28 For a whore is a deep ditch; and a strange woman is a narrow pit. 28 She also lieth in wait as for a prey, and increaseth the transgressors among men.
 Proverbs 23:33 Thine eyes shall behold strange women, and thine heart shall utter perverse things.
- If you know Proverbs Chapter 23, you’ll remember that it’s warning us about alcohol and strong drink.
- What happens when you drink alcohol? “Thine eyes shall behold STRANGE WOMEN.”
- “Oh, but not me. I can drink alcohol at my Catholic events and not look at other women.”
- NEWS FLASH. No you can’t. You are simply deceiving yourself. You will behold strange women.
- So why drink alcohol? God says to not even look at it. But the Catholic church says it’s okay.
- No, stay away from alcohol. Don’t even look at it. It’s strange and leads you to look at strange women.
- Again, don’t even look at strange men or strange women. Solomon is teaching us this.
 1 Kings 11:1 But king Solomon loved many strange women, together with the daughter of Pharaoh, women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Zidonians, and Hittites;
 1 Kings 11:2-3 Of the nations concerning which the LORD said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall not go in to them, neither shall they come in unto you: for surely they will turn away your heart after their gods: Solomon clave unto these in love. 3 And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines: and his wives turned away his heart.
- The strange man or woman will turn your heart away from God. Solomon messed up badly.
- God is warning us over and over again to not make these same mistakes.
 Proverbs 5:21 For the ways of man are before the eyes of the LORD, and he pondereth all his goings.
- God knows the ways of man. Why do you think He’s giving us this instruction.
- God sees everything we think and everything we do. He knows where we’re going.
- He gives us this instruction to stop us from making bad decisions and bad judgements.
- If we would just listen to God and do what He says, we would be MUCH better off.
 Proverbs 15:3 The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.
- Think about God’s eyes being right there watching you next time you want to do evil.
 2 Chronicles 16:9 For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. Herein thou hast done foolishly: therefore from henceforth thou shalt have wars.
- God is constantly looking for the people who are doing what He says to do. And He sees that.
- And He rewards for that. He doesn’t miss anything you think or do.
 Job 31:4 Doth not he see my ways, and count all my steps?
 Job 34:21 For his eyes are upon the ways of man, and he seeth all his goings.
 Psalm 11:4 The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD’S throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.
 Psalm 139:2-4 Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. 3 Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. 4 For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.
- God knows you better than you know yourself. He is beholding the evil and the good that you do.
- Remember that and remember to the Lord. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
 Proverbs 5:22 His own iniquities shall take the wicked himself, and he shall be holden with the cords of his sins.
- You might think that you can give up any sin any time you want. “Well, I’ll just do this one more time.”
- “Then I won’t do it again.” No, you need to start NOT doing that right now. Give it up now. Don’t wait.
- Why? God says that iniquities will take the wicked. They will be held with cords of their sins.
- Their sins won’t be forgiven. Don’t let sin capture you and take you away before you can be saved.
- Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved. Now, go and sin no more.
- Sin will hurt you, bound you up, and kill you. Even after you’re saved, sin will hurt your flesh.
- God protects your soul once you’re saved but your flesh isn’t protected from sin. It will kill you.
 Proverbs 5:23 He shall die without instruction; and in the greatness of his folly he shall go astray.
- The wicked will die without instruction. That’s a very sad thing. Many think themselves to be wise.
- And yet, they know nothing because they haven’t EVER once feared God Almighty.
- Everything they do is folly or foolishness.
- Their foolishness of rejecting God their entire life leads them astray.
 Proverbs 10:21 The lips of the righteous feed many: but fools die for want of wisdom.
 Job 4:21 Doth not their excellency which is in them go away? they die, even without wisdom.
- You do not want to die without God as your Savior. You don’t want to die without wisdom.
 Job 36:12 But if they obey not, they shall perish by the sword, and they shall die without knowledge.
- If you don’t obey God when He comes to you to save you, you will die without knowledge.
- You will go straight to hell because you’ve never obeyed God once in your life.
- He wants you to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ to save you. That’s it.
- Just one moment of belief saves you. FAITH alone saves and gives you everlasting life.
 John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
- Let’s pray.