The title of the sermon today is “THE BOOK OF JUDE.”
The Book Of Jude Is One Chapter Only
- I want to get back into studying the Books of the Bible in detail.
- We’ve been studying Genesis, Daniel, Romans, and Revelation.
- We’ve looked at an overview of the Book of Judges.
- Today, I want to take a look at the book of Jude. It has ONE CHAPTER ONLY.
- This is great book towards the end of the New Testament.
- Keep in mind that it’s the last book before Revelation
- So, it’s getting us ready for what’s going to happen in Revelation.
- Let’s start there in verse 1 of Jude. Remember, only one chapter in this book.
 Jude 1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:
- The word JUDE is found ONE TIME in all of the New Testament.
- And look, I want to know who Jude is because he wrote this book.
- We see that Jude is a servant of Jesus Christ and his brother is James.
- We see that this book is written to them “that are sanctified by God the Father and PRESERVED in Jesus Christ, and called.”
- This means this book is written to people who are saved. THEY ARE PRESERVED BY JESUS. Can’t lose it.
But, let’s see what we can find out about Jude. So we start by looking up the phrase “BROTHER OF JAMES.”
- We find that there are 2 apostles or original 12 disciples names JAMES.
- You have James and John who are brothers. They are the SONS OF ZEBEDEE OR SONS OF THUNDER.
- That JAMES is not the JAMES that we’re talking about here.
- So, we’re looking for JUDE and JAMES the brothers. Here’s the closest thing we can find.
 Mark 6:3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.
- So, from that verse we see JAMES and he has a brother named Juda. That looks like we hit it.
- Juda and JUDE are very close especially if JUDE is pronounced JUDAH like another word we’ll see later in this book.
- You’ll see “CORE”, which is pronounced KORAH.
- In other words, JAMES AND JUDE are the brothers of Jesus UNLESS the names are a coincidence.
- We don’t know 100% for sure as it’s more of a gray area in the Bible. Meaning it’s not that important.
- It appears they are 1/2 brothers with Jesus as they don’t have the same father.
- The Father of JESUS is GOD. Their mother is Mary.
- With that said, I want to take a look at the original 12 disciples so you see this today.
In Matthew Chapter 10 verses 2 through 4, we see the following.
- Could someone please turn to Matthew Chapter 10 and read verses 2 through 4 for me?
- Then I need someone to turn to Mark Chapter 3 verses 16 through 19.
- Then I need someone else to turn to Luke Chapter 6 verses 13 through 16.
- And finally I need a fourth volunteer to turn to Acts Chapter 1 verse 13.
- So, let’s write the ORIGINAL 12 disciples on the white board from each chapter.
- By elimination, we see that LEBBAEUS is THADDEUS is JUDAS who is the brother of James.
- So, unless JUDAS being the brother of James is a coincidence, JUDAS is the author of the book of JUDE.
- Who might be the HALF BROTHER of Jesus Christ. It’s very difficult to see.
- But it does look like JUDE is one of the original 12 Apostles.
What Happened To Joseph The Husband Of Mary?
The issue is we don’t know what happened to JOSEPH the husband of Mary.
- Because JAMES is the son of Alphaeus. Is that the same as Joseph? I don’t know.
- I don’t believe there’s enough information in the Bible to figure this out so I’ll leave it that.
- But know that Joseph doesn’t appear in the Bible much after the birth of Jesus.
- He’s not mentioned at the cross or after the resurrection. Again, that’s a gray area.
- Not important the Bible is telling me.
- So again, the writer of Jude appears to be one of the original 12 apostles and possibly the brother of Jesus.
 Jude 2 Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.
- This is Jude continuing his introduction to SAVED people. Those who are sanctified. SAVED.
- MERCY, PEACE, AND LOVE multiplied TO YOU. That’s nice to have.
- So, the first time the word MERCY is used in the Bible is in the Book of Genesis.
 Genesis 19:17-19 And it came to pass, when they had brought them forth abroad, that he said, Escape for thy life; look not behind thee, neither stay thou in all the plain; escape to the mountain, lest thou be consumed. 18 And Lot said unto them, Oh, not so, my Lord: 19 Behold now, thy servant hath found grace in thy sight, and thou hast magnified thy mercy, which thou hast shewed unto me in saving my life; and I cannot escape to the mountain, lest some evil take me, and I die:
- So, the first time the word “MERCY” is used in the Bible is with LOT.
- Notice it says: “THY SERVANT HATH FOUND GRACE IN THY SIGHT.”
- That sounds just like the beginning of Jude in verse 1. JUDE, THE SERVANT OF JESUS CHRIST.
- Lot was in a very evil place. JUDE is warning us about evil in this world.
- But understand, you have the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY on your side no matter what happens here.
- We see this same thing about grace, peace, and love being multiplied in 1 and 2 Peter as well.
 1 Peter 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
 2 Peter 1:2-4 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, 3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: 4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
- What’s that tell us? The world is corrupt, but you’ve escaped that corruption. Thank God. Have peace.
 Jude 3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
- Beloved. Again, he’s talking to saved people. Those are people who BELIEVE ON HE LORD JESUS CHRIST.
- If you didn’t know whether or not you were going to be saved until later, this wouldn’t make any sense.
- He’s writing to people who are already sanctified. It’s past tense. PRESERVED IN JESUS CHRIST.
- And Jesus isn’t going away. HE IS ETERNAL. You’re preserved. You’re HIS BELOVED.
This verse is very, very important. JUDE says he gave ALL DILIGENCE TO WRITE UNTO YOU of the common salvation!!!
- That’s you who are SAVED. He says, “IT WAS NEEDFUL FOR ME TO WRITE UNTO YOU!!!”
- He says, “Hey, this is important. That’s why I’m writing this to you.” He’s talking to us today.
- Why is Jude writing to you? Watch what he says: “to exhort you.” To urge you, to advise you, to warn you.
- Of what? He says, “THAT YOU SHOULD EARNESTLY CONTEND FOR THE FAITH!!!”
- This means to FIGHT for the FAITH. To reprove and rebuke people who teach falsely.
We Preach Against False Preachers Because The Bible Commands This
Do you know how we preach against false preachers and false teaching here?
- Why do you think we do that? BECAUSE THE BIBLE TELLS US TO DO SO!!!
- Faith alone is what saves you. Understand that today. And don’t just believe it.
- FIGHT FOR IT. “CONTEND FOR THE FAITH,” Jude says right there.
- When a preacher has it all wrong, you don’t continue supporting that man at a church.
- He’s sending people to hell, and it’s not okay AT ALL. Not even one ounce.
- Don’t contend with God. Don’t fight against God. FIGHT for HIM!!!
- God tells us who to not CONTEND with in the Bible.
 Deuteronomy 2:9 And the LORD said unto me, Distress not the Moabites, neither contend with them in battle: for I will not give thee of their land for a possession; because I have given Ar unto the children of Lot for a possession.
- This is Moses speaking. God told MOSES, “Don’t contend with the Moabites. Don’t fight them.”
- “I’ve given them that land there. They are the children of Lot. Don’t mess with them.”
- God tells us who to contend with in the Bible.
 Deuteronomy 2:24 Rise ye up, take your journey, and pass over the river Arnon: behold, I have given into thine hand Sihon the Amorite, king of Heshbon, and his land: begin to possess it, and contend with him in battle.
- God tells Moses that day, “GET UP, take your journey, pass over this river.”
- “I’ve given these people into your hand. CONTEND WITH THEM IN BATTLE.”
- What do you think Moses did? He did what God told him to do.
- So today, you have a decision to make. God’s giving us instruction.
- Today, God doesn’t say it’s a physical battle. If it were, I’d be there. You can count on that.
- But today, He tells us it’s a spiritual battle. And guess what? I’ll be there. Will you be there?
- JUDE tells us to EARNESTLY CONTEND FOR THE FAITH!!! That means to fight for the faith.
- When you see all these false preachers, DON’T SUPPORT THEM. Get out of there!!! Get away.
- All they want is your money anyway. The root of all evil is the love of money.
- Take the money away, and they fade away. They don’t have God backing them.
So again, God doesn’t tell us to fight for anything and everything.
- But what does He tell us to fight for? For salvation through FAITH.
- So, if you’re wondering why I preach the way I do, now you know.
- Why do I call out false preachers by name? Because the Bible does. I’ll do what God says.
- Look, you being saved is through FAITH alone. BELIEVE ON JESUS, and you’re SAVED. End of story.
- If ANY preacher or person you know says different, it’s time for a fight. It’s time for an argument.
- It’s time to make somebody angry. It’s not time to say, “Let’s all just get along.”
It’s Time To Fight For The Faith
It’s not time for peace God says. FIGHT FOR THE FAITH. Do you understand that today?
- It’s not time to just let it go. It’s time to fight. Are you ready for that? Do you know your Bible?
- You can’t fight for the faith unless you’re getting to know God’s word.
- And guess what? It doesn’t matter what the other person will argue.
- YOU HAVE THE TRUTH BACKING YOU. You will win. Why? GOD IS THERE IN FRONT OF YOU.
 Exodus 23:20 Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.
- You know who that angel is in that verse right there? An angel is a messenger.
- That’s talking about Jesus. “BEHOLD, I SEND AN ANGEL BEFORE THEE!!!”
- What’s Jesus going to do? PRESERVE YOU. KEEP YOU IN THE WAY. And what else will He do?
- He will bring you into the place which GOD has prepared for you.
- He doesn’t stand behind you and fight. He goes out BEFORE YOU and fights.
- He does it all throughout the Old Testament.
- When you OBEY HIM and LOVE HIM, 100% without a doubt, He is out there FIGHTING for you.
- He’s making the path for you. Understand that today.
It’s not time to back off or back down. It’s time to fight GOD SAYS. Do you understand who HE IS?
- Why would He tell us this TODAY? Do you think it might be because it’s very important?
- He doesn’t want people going to hell. But yet, these false preachers are sending people to hell.
- It’s time for us to fight back. We’ve let it go too long. SPEAK UP. SPEAK OUT. Contend.
- You know the truth now. It’s time to fight for the truth.
- Don’t support the liars out there today. They are sending people to hell. That’s a BIG DEAL.
- There is no bigger deal than that. So don’t just brush it off. “Well, he’s a good person.” No, he’s not.
 Jude 4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
- See this verse today. Certain EVIL men WILL CREEP INTO the churches without you knowing.
- That’s what has happened today in all the churches. But people won’t open their eyes and see this.
- When you know and understand the Bible, you’ll see this. God opens your eyes.
- And then you can’t stand for false preachers. AT ALL. You just can’t deal with it. That’s God within you.
- That tells you He’s there. You have the word of God within you. You know HIS WORD.
So these men have crept into churches. Most come from the evil CEMETARIES or SEMINARIES.
- They teach you that all Bible versions say and mean the same thing.
- Look, that’s the most obvious thing in the world. They don’t say the same thing. 100% FACT.
- So when someone says that, it’s pretty obvious.
- These evil MEN are CHOSEN for HELL verse 4 says right there. Why? Because they won’t believe.
- They will teach you what the Bible supposedly says. Ask them: “Can you lose your salvation?”
- “Oh yeah, you can lose it.” And I say, “Oh yeah. WELL IT’S TIME FOR A FIGHT.”
- “Jesus says you can’t lose it. Jesus says I HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE. It’s everlasting.”
- “Did you read the Bible? It’s everywhere. It’s front to back. Here, let me show you what it says.”
- Get your sword out. That’s your Bible. Have it ready. Have it memorized. Know the verses.
- The BIBLE is your sword. Seriously. Get ready for the fight.
False Preachers Are Evil Men Who Have Crept Into The Churches
For people who are just deceived, you can be kind to them. It’s a spiritual fight. But for false preachers?
- These are EVIL MEN that have crept into the churches. I won’t be kind about it.
- It’s time for a fight. Why? Look at what they’ve done in verse 4.
- They have turned the “GRACE OF GOD INTO LASCIVIOUSNESS.”
What’s that mean? Lasciviousness is looseness. “Oh, it’s okay it’s just a drink.”
- It’s indulgence of animal desires. I’ll take whatever I want. I’ll do whatever I want.
- It’s lusting after things. MORE MONEY. TV preachers shout, “SHOW ME THE MONEY.”
- It’s getting others excited about LUSTING. Lasciviousness promotes your indulgences.
- A preacher that wants you to indulge in worldly things is FALSE. That’s not from God.
- Joel Osteen says that God owes you and he’s going to repay you with monetary blessings.
- That’s called turning the grace of God into lasciviousness.
Why else is it important to recognize false preachers?
- It says they DENY the only LORD GOD, and OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST.
- When you deny the Father and the Son, you’ve got a big problem and it’s called hell.
 1 John 2:22-23 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: but he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
- The AND that you see there in Jude 4 means more than 1. Not the SAME PERSON.
- People who deny GOD have crept into the churches. They will creep in.
- It’s easy to see that in today’s world. But the apostles sure had trouble seeing that.
- JUDAS ISCARIOT was one of them, and he creeped right in. Jesus knew, but the apostles didn’t.
- So, look, we aren’t any better than the apostles. That’s why we have to watch out for those people.
- If someone says you’re saved by ANYTHING other than BELIEVING ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, watch out.
Or, if someone says we’re not under the law, we’re under grace. Watch out. FALSE PREACHER!!!
- It’s time for a fight the Book of Jude says. Earnestly contend for the faith.
- God didn’t say to forget about his laws. God didn’t say it’s okay to sin.
- We’re only saved by grace through faith, but doing what God says is HIGHLY IMPORTANT.
 Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
 Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
- So don’t think it’s okay to sin. God greatly hates sin. We’re under HIS GRACE, but He also tells us to do what He says.
- It’s not okay to go up against God. That’s what you do when you sin.
- Don’t let false prophets or false preachers lie to you. Don’t let them twist SCRIPTURE.
- Why do you think the Bible warns of this over and over again?
 Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
- 2 Peter Chapter 2 is a chapter that goes hand-in-hand with the book of Jude.
- Watch what it says so you can see this today.
 2 Peter 2:1-2 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. 2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
- Look, these books are towards the end of the Bible preparing us for Revelation.
- That’s us. We’re in this time right now. We’re waiting for the Tribulation to begin.
- Before that happens, look at the verses on the screen. “THERE SHALL BE FALSE TEACHERS AMONG YOU.”
- Don’t follow their pernicious or DESTRUCTIVE ways. They speak evil of the way of truth.
- They don’t like when you tell their congregation the truth on how to be saved and that you have EVERLASTING LIFE.
“You Can’t Speak The Scriptures In Church!!!”
They tell you that you can’t speak any more in Church. I’m not sure who they think they are.
- They have a DEVIL CHURCH. God wants HIS WORDS being taught in true churches.
- They speak evil of you when you tell someone the WORDS WITHIN THE BIBLE.
- They say, “Hey, watch what Scripture you use in MY CHURCH!!!”
 2 Peter 2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.
- They make merchandise of you. Are they making money from you? Do they want free things from you?
- Are they using all or most of the offering for themselves? There you go. It warns you right there.
- They covet what others have.
- They look at mega churches who are all about money and they want to be like them.
- Let’s do exactly what Southeast Christian does so we can build more buildings.
- We need 8 basketball courts too. We need a gym.
Do you know what I don’t see Paul doing in the Bible? Playing basketball at the church gym.
- I don’t see Paul lifting weights in the church gym. I don’t see Paul ordering his caramel latte in church.
- I don’t see Paul NEEDING any of those things. Churches today are a JOKE. Understand that today.
- They don’t even read the Bible. I know because they wouldn’t be attending that church.
- Once you know and understand the ONE TRUE GOD, you wouldn’t go there.
 Jude 5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.
- There will people with MOSES in that church or congregation that saw all the miracles God did.
- They saw all the plagues from God. They saw the PASSOVER where Egyptians were killed.
- They saw the RED SEA parted and they were able to walk right through it.
- They saw the manna from heaven. They saw the quail that God brought them to eat for meat.
- They saw the LORD appear on Mount Sinai. They saw the fire and cloud over the tabernacle.
- God led them and saved them out of the land of EGYPT.
God Destroyed Them That Believed Not
But what’s it say right there at the end of the verse? “HE DESTROYED THEM THAT BELIEVED NOT.”
- That’s a message to everyone today. He will destroy you in eternal hell UNLESS you believe on HIM.
- If you believe not, DESTRUCTION AWAITS YOU. He gave us MANY examples in the Bible.
- Read it, and you’ll see those examples. They’re amazing. Here’s an example.
 Numbers 16:23-26 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 24 Speak unto the congregation, saying, Get you up from about the tabernacle of Korah, Dathan, and Abiram. 25 And Moses rose up and went unto Dathan and Abiram; and the elders of Israel followed him. 26 And he spake unto the congregation, saying, Depart, I pray you, from the tents of these wicked men, and touch nothing of theirs, lest ye be consumed in all their sins.
- I’m using this example because it fits with the book of Jude perfectly. It even mentions CORE or KORAH later in Jude.
- God tells Moses to gather these WICKED MEN and their families together. They were living with them.
- God says, “Don’t even touch anything of theirs LEST YOU BE CONSUMED!!!”
- These wicked men were challenging MOSES who was clearly being LED BY GOD. They saw the miracles!!!
 Numbers 16:27 So they gat up from the tabernacle of Korah, Dathan, and Abiram, on every side: and Dathan and Abiram came out, and stood in the door of their tents, and their wives, and their sons, and their little children.
- Not just the wicked MEN but the wives, their sons, and their little children.
 Numbers 16:28-30 And Moses said, Hereby ye shall know that the LORD hath sent me to do all these works; for I have not done them of mine own mind. 29 If these men die the common death of all men, or if they be visited after the visitation of all men; then the LORD hath not sent me. 30 But if the LORD make a new thing, and the earth open her mouth, and swallow them up, with all that appertain unto them, and they go down quick into the pit; then ye shall understand that these men have provoked the LORD.
- So remember, they came up against MOSES. They came up against GOD ALMIGHTY. Don’t do that.
- Don’t go up against the WORD OF GOD. Don’t PROVOKE God. You want to see what happens?
 Numbers 16:31-33 And it came to pass, as he had made an end of speaking all these words, that the ground clave asunder that was under them: 32 And the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them up, and their houses, and all the men that appertained unto Korah, and all their goods. 33 They, and all that appertained to them, went down alive into the pit, and the earth closed upon them: and they perished from among the congregation.
- Now, what would you do if you saw that happen? Would you run so you didn’t fall in too?
 Numbers 16:34 And all Israel that were round about them fled at the cry of them: for they said, Lest the earth swallow us up also.
- They took off running. GOD DESTROYED THOSE EVIL AND WICKED FAMILIES.
- He swallowed them up with the EARTH! In other words, don’t mess with God.
- The point is, though, that even with all that God did WICKED UNBELEIVERS crept in unawares.
- Those people were in the congregation in the church of the wilderness.
- They were just going along with the majority. They just wanted to be around their friends.
- In other words, CHURCH won’t save you. Being in the congregation won’t save you. Didn’t save them.
- Why did God destroy them? THEY BELIEVED NOT the book of JUDE says!!!
The Evil Angels Have A Reservation Waiting
 Jude 6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
- In other words, the angels that rebelled against God have a reservation for judgement day.
- He’s reserved everlasting chains in hell just for them. They don’t get another chance.
- Why? They were in heaven. They knew God. And yet, they rebelled against HIM.
- They chose to follow a created being, Satan, VERSUS the EVERLASTING AND LIVING GOD.
 Jude 7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
- God gives us examples over and over again throughout the BIBLE so we can know who HE is.
- The Sodomites in Sodom and Gomorrha gave themselves, THROUGH THEIR OWN CHOICES, over to fornication.
- This means the homosexuals. They CHOSE to be that way. They chose to fornicate.
- They went after STRANGE flesh. The word QUEER is not a bad word.
 Definition of queer = differing in some way from what is usual or normal: odd, strange, weird.
- Strange is queer. That’s another word for strange. Homosexuality is CONFUSION.
- It just doesn’t work that way. It makes no sense. It’s weird. It’s unusual. The evidence is there.
- It’s obvious God didn’t want us to be homosexuals. There wouldn’t any HUMANS left.
- ONE GENERATION = EXTINCTION. You can’t reproduce without a MAN AND A WOMAN. Evidence.
- When God destroyed SODOM, GOMORRHA, and the other cities around them, HE DID IT AS AN EXAMPLE.
- They suffered the vengeance of ETERNAL FIRE. They didn’t believe.
- They were REJECTED by God because they wouldn’t believe when they knew God was there.
- It was a joke to them. GOD REJECTED THEM and DESTROYED THEM IN HELL. It’s not funny.
 2 Peter 2:6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;
- God says, “Hey, you want to live an ungodly life, here’s an example for you.”
- Do you see that today? BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST TODAY. Get the HOLY SPIRIT.
 Jude 8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.
- The Bible sure isn’t being very loving like the false churches teach today.
- JUDE calls the SODOMITES “FILTHY DREAMERS” that defile the flesh.
- They despise the authority of GOD. They don’t like authority. They don’t like the truth.
- They speak evil of God. They speak evil of the SON OF GOD. They speak evil of the HOLY SPIRIT.
 2 Peter 2:12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
- Again, 2 Peter Chapter 2 matches the Book of Jude. Peter calls them NATURAL BRUTE BEASTS.
- Well, that’s not very nice. BRUTE means savage, uncivilized, irrational, senseless.
- In other words, you can’t explain anything to them. They can’t see it’s not natural.
- They are senseless and savage ANIMALS. Brute beasts the Bible says.
- I didn’t come up with that. CALL ME HATEFUL. Who said it? God wrote the Bible.
- Do you want to call Him hateful? Go ahead. He’ll take of that one day.
- Do you know what else God calls SODOMITES or homosexuals? Let’s see.
Sodomites = Homosexuals = Dogs = Brute Beasts
 Deuteronomy 23:17-18 There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel. 18 Thou shalt not bring the hire of a whore, or the price of a dog, into the house of the LORD thy God for any vow: for even both these are abomination unto the LORD thy God.
- Verse 17 says SODOMITE. Verse 18 calls them DOGS. Brute beasts. It all matches.
 1 Kings 15:11-12 And Asa did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, as did David his father. 12 And he took away the sodomites out of the land, and removed all the idols that his fathers had made.
- I’m not sure how the Bible can be any more clear.
- Yet, false preachers are welcoming them into the churches and taking that offering.
- They say, “Oh, well, Jesus is different in the New Testament.”
- Hey, look, we’re in the BOOK OF JUDE and 2 PETER. It’s in Romans. Jesus didn’t change.
- YOUR FALSE JESUS changed. The real JESUS didn’t change.
 Jude 9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.
- We see MICHAEL the ARCHANGEL here. He is the archangel or leader of the angels.
- He is seen in 6 verses in the Bible. That’s it.
- Some people think Michael is the name of Jesus in the Old Testament. I don’t.
- JESUS IS JESUS. Michael isn’t Jesus. Here’s why.
 Daniel 10:13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.
- “ONE OF THE CHIEF PRINCES.” Michael has authority in heaven. He is the archangel. PRINCE.
 Daniel 12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
- Michael is called the great prince here but we know he’s just one of the chief princes.
- He is not JESUS. The Bible doesn’t say that. You can read into verses what you want.
- But use the entire Bible, and you can find the truth. Michael and Satan don’t get along.
- That means I love Michael. He’s on our side with the LORD.
 Revelation 12:7-8 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
- God didn’t fight. MICHAEL and his angels took out SATAN and his angels.
- They already lost. Why? God’s in charge. Michael is the ARCHANGEL.
- Other angels like ABADDON OR APPOLLYON throw Satan into hell.
- Satan doesn’t rule hell.
Michael The Archangel Contended With The Devil
Notice what Jude 9 says about Michael contending or fighting with the devil about the body of Moses.
- So obviously Michael and Satan fought about something regarding the body of Moses.
 Deuteronomy 34:5-6 So Moses the servant of the LORD died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the LORD. 6 And he buried him in a valley in the land of Moab, over against Beth-peor: but no man knoweth of his sepulchre unto this day.
- Moses died. He was buried somewhere in Moab against Beth-peor. But no MAN knows where he’s buried.
 Jude 10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.
- We already read the parallel passage in 2 Peter 2:12. Matches Jude perfectly.
 Jude 11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.
- WOE UNTO THEM is not good. “For they have gone in the way of Cain!” What does that mean?
- Cain presented an offering to God that represented HIS OWN WORKS.
 Genesis 4:4-5 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering: 5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.
- God respected Abel’s offering because it was a LAMB. Abel understood that it’s faith alone that saves.
- It wasn’t Abel’s BEST. It says it was the FIRST OF HIS FLOCK. The lamb being sacrificed is a picture of the LAMB OF GOD who is Jesus Christ.
- Abel’s offering WAS REJECTED by God because it was the works of Cain’s own hands.
- Cain was saying, “Hey God, I’m going to do this my way.” And God said, “I don’t think so.”
- “YOUR WAY DOESN’T WORK.” A works based salvation is all about you being good and deserving heaven.
Working Your Way To Heaven = Going To Hell
You work your way to heaven. That’s Catholics, Church of Christ, Pentecostals, some Baptists, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindu, and more. Most “Christian” denominations preach a works based salvation.
- That means they aren’t “CHRISTIAN.” Any “Christian” church that teaches a works based salvation is not Christian. Ask them what you have to do to be saved.
- If they say anything else other than “BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST” they aren’t Christian.
- “What must I do to be saved?” BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST. That’s Bible.
Southeast Christian is a knock off Church of Christ. Ask them what you need to do to be saved?
- Believe, be baptized, repent of your sin, and obey God the rest of your life. If you don’t repent of your sin when you mess up, then you lose salvation.
- Shelby Christian teaches the same thing. Different pastors within the churches have different views.
- There’s ONE VIEW and ONE TRUTH within this Bible. Understand that today.
- “THEY HAVE GONE IN THE WAY OF CAIN.” That’s a works based salvation.
- The Bible tells us everywhere that you aren’t saved by works, by keeping God’s commandments.
Look back at verse 11 in Jude.
- “Ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward.”
- Balaam was a false prophet in the book of Numbers Chapter 22. Read the story when you go home today.
- God was telling him what to do, but he still ran after the reward.
- Jude 11 says “and perished in the gainsaying of Core.”
- That word CORE is pronounced KORAH.
- That’s the story we read earlier when the earth swallowed up the family of KORAH.
- They were looking for controversy and strife with Moses. God took care of that.
This entire Chapter of Jude is warning you about those people that creep into true churches of God.
- You only what’s true if you know the word of God.
- Some people say, “Well, trust me because the SPIRIT speaks to me.”
- Check it with the Bible. The SPIRIT of GOD never disagrees with the Bible.
- That’s how you know a false preacher very quickly. USE AND KNOW THE WORD OF GOD.
 Jude 12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
- This is a BIG VERSE. These people sneak into church. They put dark spots in your feasts of love.
- They feed themselves like parasites without fear. They are carried about with winds.
- This means they hear all types of false preachers on TV and just go with whatever sounds good.
- They have no basis in the WORD OF TRUTH. They go with whatever makes them popular.
- They never have fruit for God. They are TWICE DEAD. What does twice dead mean?
- A false preacher told me personally that means you can lose your salvation.
False Prophets Who Are Rejects Never Had Salvation
Is that what that says? It’s talking about FALSE PROPHETS who are rejects. They never had salvation.
- Sort of just like the false preacher that told me that.
- He’s the one who stands in front of church deceiving people telling them they can lose everlasting life.
- What’s TWICE DEAD mean? Use the Bible to figure it out. Don’t just come up with some lie.
- Twice dead seems like two deaths to me. You die once. You die a second time. Twice dead.
- First death is a physical death. Second death is the lake of fire. HELL is the second death.
 Revelation 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.
- Who is he that overcometh? That person won’t be HURT of the second death.
- You want to be a person that OVERCOMETH, right? You don’t want to be hurt of the second death.
 1 John 5:4-5 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. 5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
- If you want to overcome, you need to be saved and believe on the LORD JESUS CHRIST.
- Then, you won’t be TWICE DEAD. You won’t be hurt of the second death.
 Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
- It’s very simple when you study the Bible. TWICE DEAD in Jude means GOING TO HELL.
 Jude 13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.
- That’s what God has reserved for false preachers. That’s not just in churches either. EVERYWHERE.
 Jude 14-15 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, 15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
- Enoch was the 7th generation from Adam. And he prophesied about the SECOND COMING of Jesus Christ.
- And remember that Enoch walked with God. He obeyed God in this life.
- GOD took Enoch up from this life. He didn’t experience death. The only other is Elijah.
 Jude 16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men’s persons in admiration because of advantage.
- People murmured against Moses all the time. They complained. They walked after their own lusts.
- Their own wants. God gave them food and water to drink. They wanted more.
 Numbers 11:1 And when the people complained, it displeased the LORD: and the LORD heard it; and his anger was kindled; and the fire of the LORD burnt among them, and consumed them that were in the uttermost parts of the camp.
- Let’s make this simple: “DON’T COMPLAIN.” It displeases the Lord. He gets angry. Do you see that?
- Some false preachers say: “God doesn’t get angry. He won’t punish you.” That’s a false preacher.
- Do you see how the Book of Jude leads us to all of these examples from the Bible?
- It tells us everything about false preachers that we need to know. You can recognize easily.
False Preachers Will Make You Feel Good About Yourself = More Offering
The latter part of Jude 16 says: “And their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men’s persons in admiration because of advantage.”
- The false preachers make you feel great about yourself. Make you feel like you’re God.
- That feeling when you go to church gets addictive. People LOVE to hear great things about themselves.
- And once you get accustomed to preaching like Joel Osteen, you think you’re GREAT!
- You think that God owes you everything.
- That not only helps you, but it also helps Joel Osteen and Satan. Joel is rich.
- He gains advantages from people because he tells them how great they are. WAKE UP!!!
 Jude 17-19 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; 18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. 19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.
- There will be MOCKERS in the last time. What’s that mean?
- There will be MANY that imitate Jesus and many that imitate God’s church.
- Joel Osteen is an example. Southeast Christian is an example. Roman Catholics are an example.
 Matthew 24:4-5 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
- In other words, there are MANY that say they are THE SAVIOR.
- Become a CATHOLIC and the CATHOLIC CHURCH will save you. Try to preach the Gospel to a Catholic.
- “Oh no, we don’t need to see the Bible. We’re good.” Same thing now with Southeast Christianites.
 1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
- Many antichrists will come. Many churches around here deny JESUS CHRIST as the SON OF GOD.
- Or, they add that JESUS IS THE FATHER, JESUS IS THE SON, JESUS IS THE HOLY SPIRIT.
- Check all these churches around here. ANTICHRIST. He isn’t THE SAVIOR to them.
- It’s some of Jesus, and some of what you do, and some of the offering you give, and some of your baptism, and some of this and some of that.
- Is Jesus YOUR SAVIOR or not? If not, you’re ANTI-CHRIST. You walk after your own lusts and desires.
- You think you’re good enough to make it to heaven. You’re sensual the Bible says.
- The Bible says you don’t have the SPIRIT OF GOD. You’re not saved. It’s ALL JESUS or nothing.
- Change your mind, put ALL your trust in Jesus, and then you’re saved. PAST TENSE.
Churches Always Separate People Into Groups And Split Up = Not Church
Notice in Jude 19 that it says, “These be they who separate themselves.”
- That reminds me of all the churches that separate everyone into groups of people.
- It’s evil. Church is a general assembly. It’s everyone together at the same time.
- Everyone hears the same words from the WORD OF GOD.
- They like to create secret deacon meetings. “You can’t tell your wife anything we say here.”
- Well, the Bible says husband and wife are ONE FLESH. I’ll go with what God says.
- There shouldn’t be ANY secret church meetings. We are a congregation. ONE MIND.
 Philippians 2:2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
- BE TOGETHER AS A CONGREGATION. That’s the definition. It’s easy to be of one mind when you all hear the same preaching and teaching.
- You don’t have people confusing all the members by teaching things that aren’t in the Bible.
 Jude 20-21 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, 21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
- This means to OBEY GOD. Build the faith by studying the word of God.
- PRAY. Keep yourselves in the love of God by OBEYING what He tells us to do.
- Understand that GOD is there and HE is watching you. Stay in fellowship with HIM.
- If you want to increase your FAITH IN GOD, what do you do? The Bible tells us.
 Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
- If you’re here and listening right now, you’ve heard more from the word of God than you hear all YEAR in most churches around here.
- I know, I was in them. 1 to 2 verses each Sunday. 52 Sundays a year. That’s about 100 verses a year.
- There are 31,102 verses in the King James Bible. That would take 311 years to complete the Bible.
- But the problem is they don’t go over MOST verses.
- They pick and choose the ones that make you feel good. Or make you want to give more money.
 Jude 22-23 And of some have compassion, making a difference: 23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
- Have compassion on some people. These are the people who are deceived.
- They’re not doing it purposely. MAKE A DIFFERENCE for them the BIBLE SAYS.
- If someone preaches falsely purposely, that’s evil and wicked. We already talked about what happens to those people in this CHAPTER.
- We don’t have compassion on those false preachers who do it EVEN AFTER you show them the truth.
Save Others With Fear And Pull Them Out Of The Fire
Verse 23 says: “And others SAVE with FEAR. Pulling them out of the fire.”
- Hey, we’re running out of time. You never know when someone is going to die.
- God says to SAVE THEM WITH FEAR!!! Do you have somebody you love that won’t believe on JESUS?
- You better pull them up out of that fire that’s coming for them.
- Understand that they’re wearing a garment right now that spotted by the nasty flesh.
- What they need is CLOTHING WHITE AS SNOW and soft as LAMB’S WOOL.
 Isaiah 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
- Let Jesus wash their clothes WHITE AS SNOW. Pull them up out of that fire. They’re running out of time.
- That’s why we go soul winning. We want to make a difference. We want to save people.
 Jude 24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
- Do you see that verse right there? The BOOK OF JUDE is teaching you can’t lose eternal life.
- JESUS is able to KEEP YOU FROM FALLING. Once you believe, JESUS keeps you from falling.
- Jesus presents you faultless before the presence of HIS GLORY.
- And notice what that says right there. Jesus doesn’t just present you faultless.
- JESUS does it with EXCEEDING JOY.
- I guarantee when you pull that person up out of the fire and get them saved, you’ll do it with exceeding GREAT JOY.
That’s why we can’t EVER stop SOUL WINNING.
- That person you’re going out to is somebody else’s family.
- That person might get somebody saved in your family in the future.
- Your family might not listen to you, but they might listen to that person.
- Let’s get people saved FOR GOD. I guarantee you HE loves them more than you do.
- He pleads with us today to get out there and get people saved.
God Keeps You From Falling
He says, “Hey, get out there AND I’ll do the rest. I WILL PRESERVE THEM once they BELIEVE.”
- Jesus has GREAT JOY in you today.
- One day He will present you faultless before HIS GLORY with EXCEEDING JOY.
- Just wait for that. But don’t forget about the people who need to be pulled out of the fire.
- Let’s finish this up with the last verse.
 Jude 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
- GOD IS OUR SAVIOUR. God the Father sent HIS SON to earth.
- Jesus came to earth, died for us, took all of our sins to hell.
- God the Father and the Holy Spirit raised JESUS from the dead.
- Yes, it took all 3 to SAVE US. And they did it. Believe God, and be saved today.
- GLORY and MAJESTY to God Almighty.
- DOMINION and POWER to God Almighty.
- Right now and FOREVER. I’ll be saying these same words in heaven one day.
Will I see you there? Maybe you’ll remember this day and those words.
- BE GLORY AND MAJESTY, DOMINION AND POWER, BOTH NOW AND EVER!!
- Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ right now and be saved.