- Sermon Slides for Sermon The Prosperity Gospel: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon The Prosperity Gospel: PDF
 The title of the sermon today is “The Prosperity Gospel.”
The Vast Majority Of Preachers Are Now Preaching A False Gospel
- You have the majority of preachers around here today preaching a prosperity gospel.
- This is a false gospel that rides the line between truth and lies.
- People believe it because it does have some truth to it.
- If it were a flat out lie, they couldn’t deceive everyone so well.
What is the prosperity gospel?
- Here’s what the lying false preachers will tell you:
- “If you become a Christian like us, God promises to bless you greatly.”
- “God will give you great health. He will heal you of everything you have.”
- “God will give you great wealth like us. God promises you prosperity.”
- That’s what they’ll say. Is there truth to that? Yes there is, but they are deceiving you.
- You MUST understand exactly what God promises in the Bible.
- They’ve taken His promises and twisted them around just as every false preacher does.
Let’s actually use the Bible today to find the truth.
- If you’re a true follower of God or a true Christian, will God bless you greatly?
- Will God give you great health and heal you of everything if you’re a Christian?
- Will God give you great wealth if you’re a Christian?
- Will God never punish you because you’re doing your best, but you’re still sinning?
- Does God owe you riches and blessings?
- Will God bless you by giving you everything you’ve ever wanted?
To start, what is the definition of prosperity?
- Prosperity is advance or gain in anything good or desirable. Success.
- But let’s see what God says in the Scriptures about prosperity.
- Let’s see where and when God promises prosperity to His people.
 Deuteronomy 29:9 Keep therefore the words of this covenant, and do them, that ye may prosper in all that ye do.
- You will prosper IF you keep God’s words. If you do what God says, you will prosper.
- What are you supposed to keep and do? All of God’s commandments.
- If you love God, you will keep His commandments. If you keep His commandments, you will prosper.
- God promises prosperity to those who love Him.
 Matthew 22:35-36 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, 36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
- In other words, “Jesus, which of the commandments is the greatest?”
- If I want to prosper, which commandments should I focus on, Jesus?
 Matthew 22:37-38 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment.
- You must love God. Not yourself. Not your prosperity. Self-love isn’t following God’s commandments.
- Loving yourself and everything you want is not the number one commandments.
- The false prosperity preachers make it all about you and them and nothing about God.
- Let’s see what Jesus says next in verse 39 of Matthew Chapter 22.
 Matthew 22:39-40 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
- How is loving thy neighbor as thyself the same as loving God with all your heart?
- “Now I have to not only love God, but I have to love all my neighbors too?”
- “Wow, this is too much just to get a little prosperity from God.”
- No, it’s very easy and simple to understand. Loving God takes care of everything else.
- How do you love God?
 2 John 5-6 And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another. 6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.
- Hey, this has been the same from the very beginning!!! And yet, no one understands this.
- Why? Because false preachers have twisted the love of God into something it isn’t.
- “AND THIS IS LOVE.” The Bible tells us directly and clearly what love is.
- You can love God and love everyone else by simply keeping God’s commandments.
- It’s that simple. Keep HIS COMMANDMENTS, and He promises prosperity.
- But His prosperity is different than all your fleshly desires.
 Joshua 1:7 Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest.
- This is a promise God is making to Joshua.
 Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
- If you want to have success and be prosperous in everything you do, what should you do?
- Read God’s word day and night and meditate in His word. Not a false preacher’s word.
- Not any man’s word. Not all the books on your bookshelf. Not all the so-called Bible experts.
- Not my words. Not your words. Not your teacher’s words. Not your preacher’s words.
- But God’s words. So, first you must learn what God wants. And then you must do what God wants.
Are You Reading God’s Word Or Trusting Someone Else To Tell You What He Says?
If you aren’t reading God’s words, you won’t have a clue what God wants.
- Trust me. You won’t get it from churches and preachers. You MUST read it yourself.
- If you’re waiting for a preacher or pastor to do all the work for you, you will fail.
- YOU MUST DO THE WORK. YOU MUST SEE WHAT GOD WANTS IN HIS WORDS.
- And you can’t do what He wants unless you know what He wants.
- If you love God, you will read His words and follow His commandments.
- Not your commandments. Not your views of life. Not your greatness.
- Not anyone else but God’s commandments. Do what He says, and THEN you will prosper.
Joel Osteen isn’t rich because he’s doing what God says. He’s using God to become rich.
- Kenneth Copeland isn’t rich because he’s doing what God says.
- Movie stars aren’t rich because they’re fulfilling God’s will.
- Hitler wasn’t wealthy and powerful because he did God’s will.
- Bill Gates isn’t wealthy because he loves God and keeps his commandments.
- Wake up. All wealth on this earth isn’t due to God blessing people. Are you serious???
 1 Kings 2:3 And keep the charge of the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, to keep his statutes, and his commandments, and his judgments, and his testimonies, as it is written in the law of Moses, that thou mayest prosper in all that thou doest, and whithersoever thou turnest thyself:
 1 Kings 2:4 That the LORD may continue his word which he spake concerning me, saying, If thy children take heed to their way, to walk before me in truth with all their heart and with all their soul, there shall not fail thee (said he) a man on the throne of Israel.
- If you want to prosper, you MUST walk in HIS ways. Not your own way.
- You MUST keep His statutes, His commandments, His judgements, and His testimonies.
- When God tells you something, you MUST believe it. You have the entire Bible here to believe.
- I’ll give you a simple example of believing what God says versus believing what man says.
- I’ll give a simple example of believing what Jesus says versus believing what your church says.
- The words I am about to read you are straight from the mouth of Jesus Christ.
- And they are very easy and simple to understand.
 John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
- That statement right there stands alone. Do you believe what God says or not?
- If you believe “ON” Jesus to save you, He gives you everlasting life that never ends.
- That’s what He says. Do you believe what God says? God commands us to believe Him.
- But your church says different. Your preacher says different. Your pastor says different.
- Your dad says different. Your mom says different. Your brother says different. Your sister days different.
- Who are you going to believe? God or everyone else? God or the world? God or your church?
- God or your family? God or your “great” pastor? Which one?
If you want to prosper, you better follow God and no one else.
- You might think you’re following God by going to some church.
- People who go to Joel Osteen’s church think they’re following God. They aren’t.
- They’re following Joel Osteen and bowing to his every word. They’re following a false god.
- Most everything Joel Osteen teaches is not God’s word. It’s his own word. Not God’s word.
- If you think you’re going to prosper by following any man, you’re going to be in for a surprise when you find yourself in hell one day.
- You must and listen, accept, and believe God’s word over everything else. THEN, you will prosper.
- And let me show you what prosperity actually means.
- Let’s read John 6:47 again so you can accept God’s words and believe what He says.
 John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
- There is no other requirement in the Bible to be saved and receive everlasting life.
- Believing on Jesus Christ 100% to save you is the first step in prosperity.
- If you don’t do that, you aren’t going to prosper at all with God’s prosperity.
- Watch what Jesus says in the next verses of John Chapter 6.
 John 6:48-50 I am that bread of life. 49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. 50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.
 John 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
- I’m skipping down to verse 58 in John Chapter 6.
 John 6:58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
- God blessed the children of Israel in the wilderness with manna. They were going to starve to death.
- But God blessed them with food. But guess what? Those same people ARE DEAD.
- If you think God blessed you in your life with money, children, houses, cars and that you’re doing okay because you’re blessed by God: YOU BETTER WAKE UP!!!
- “Your fathers did eat manna and are dead.” You better accept the words of Jesus and do what He says.
- He says, “Whosoever believeth on me hath everlasting life. I AM THE LIVING BREAD FROM HEAVEN.”
Believe The Words Of Jesus Christ And Not Man’s Word
Believe that Jesus is the only one who can save you, put your trust in Him, and be saved right now.
- Once you do, you receive everlasting life. Is there any greater prosperity than that?
- Think about that. “Well, if I could just win the lottery everything would be okay.”
- Yeah, for a little while. What about death? It’s coming for you. Your lottery winnings won’t stop death.
- Your prosperity gospel won’t stop death. Your good health will end. Your great wealth will end.
- You cannot stop death. I can’t stop death. Your church can’t stop death. Your preacher can’t stop death.
- Your “great” denomination can’t stop death. Do you know who can stop death?
- JESUS CHRIST CAN STOP YOU FROM DYING. Does that mean your body?
Unless you make it to the Day of the Lord through the tribulation, your body will die.
- “It is appointed unto men once to die.” Your body will die. But your body isn’t who you are.
- It’s just flesh that rots and turns into dirt. That’s the truth. Your soul won’t die if you believe God’s words.
 John 11:25-27 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: 26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? 27 She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.
- If you could have anything you wanted, what would you ask for? ANYTHING. What would it be?
- Hopefully, you’ll think of spiritual things instead of fleshly things.
- “Well, I want to win every lottery from now until I die. I’ll be the richest person on earth.”
- But you’re still going to die. Do you know what you should ask for?
- Everlasting life in a much better place than this.
 John 14:1-3 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
- That’s what I was ask for. And I ask for all of you to join me there by believing what God says.
- Jesus is preparing my place right now. And it’s a place that I can’t even imagine how great it will be.
- And I know Jesus is coming back for me. He says so right there. “That where I am, there ye may be also.”
 Hebrews 11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.
- This isn’t the sick, wicked, and nasty Jerusalem in the man-made country of Israel.
- This isn’t the sick, wicked, and nasty New York City or Paris or any man-made city like that.
- God hath prepared a heavenly city for all those who believe His words.
- The prosperity gospel taught in false churches is a corruption of God’s words.
- Do you remember King Hezekiah from 2 Kings Chapter 18?
 2 Kings 18:5-6 He trusted in the LORD God of Israel; so that after him was none like him among all the kings of Judah, nor any that were before him. 6 For he clave to the LORD, and departed not from following him, but kept his commandments, which the LORD commanded Moses.
 2 Kings 18:7 And the LORD was with him; and he prospered whithersoever he went forth: and he rebelled against the king of Assyria, and served him not.
- Why was the Lord with King Hezekiah? Because King Hezekiah TRUSTED in the Lord.
- He didn’t trust in men and women. He didn’t trust false religions. He didn’t trust false gods.
- He trusted the one true God. He clave or stuck to the Lord. He did what God asked Him to do.
- He followed the Lord. He didn’t follow after anything or anyone else.
- He kept God’s commandments. And what happened? The Lord was with Him.
- “And he prospered whithersoever he went forth.” He didn’t serve anyone else but God.
Don’t Give Your Money To False Preachers
He didn’t give all his money to false preachers like Joel Osteen and Kenneth Copeland.
- He didn’t put his trust in anything or anyone else but God.
- An example of putting your trust in something else other than God is your water baptism.
- “Well, I’ve been baptized so I know I’m going to heaven.”
- Water baptism doesn’t mean you’re going to heaven.
- Now, if you put your trust in Jesus alone to save you at any time, then you’re going to heaven.
- Jesus never says, “Thou shalt be baptized to receive everlasting life.” Not once.
- If you trust in your works like baptism to get you to heaven, you aren’t going.
- Only Jesus can save you. TRUST IN THE LORD.
 Psalm 37:3 Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
- Some people think they must do good works to make it to heaven.
- Do you see what that verse says? Trust in the Lord, and do good.
- When you trust in the Lord, you’ll always do good. When you trust yourself to do good, you won’t.
- If you want to be prosperous, you better put all your trust in the Lord.
 1 Chronicles 22:12 Only the LORD give thee wisdom and understanding, and give thee charge concerning Israel, that thou mayest keep the law of the LORD thy God.
- Why did King Solomon prosper so much when he asked God for wisdom?
- You need wisdom and understanding to follow God’s commandments.
- You need to read, study, and understand what God wants in His words from cover to cover.
- For example, we don’t need to offer animal sacrifices any more because Jesus fulfilled that law.
- When we accept Jesus as the sacrifice for our sin, He is the only sacrifice that is required.
- I don’t need to offer animal sacrifices because Jesus fulfilled that law.
 Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
- Jesus didn’t get rid of any laws in the Old Testament. He came to fulfill those laws.
- God commands us to not steal. We are to not steal. God commands us to not lie. We are to not lie.
- We don’t get to say that Jesus fulfilled the law of not stealing so it’s okay for me to steal.
- Jesus fulfilled the Sabbath day, which is a day of rest. Jesus is the Sabbath. He is our rest.
- We can know that He saved us and has given us everlasting life “IF” we have believed on Him.
- King David was teaching his son Solomon to keep the law of God in 1 Chronicles Chapter 22. Why?
 1 Chronicles 22:13 Then shalt thou prosper, if thou takest heed to fulfil the statutes and judgments which the LORD charged Moses with concerning Israel: be strong, and of good courage; dread not, nor be dismayed.
- He tells Solomon to keep the law of the Lord thy God and THEN shalt thou prosper.
- Again, you can’t know the law of the Lord unless you read and study God’s words.
- If you don’t want to, don’t expect prosperity from God. He won’t help you.
- How do I know that’s the truth? Because God says so over and over within the Scriptures.
 2 Chronicles 13:12 And, behold, God himself is with us for our captain, and his priests with sounding trumpets to cry alarm against you. O children of Israel, fight ye not against the LORD God of your fathers; for ye shall not prosper.
- That’s King Abijah of Judah speaking to Israel after the kingdoms split.
- He’s telling them not to fight against God because God is with them in Judah.
- “Fight ye not against the Lord God of your fathers; for ye shall not prosper.”
- Do you think preachers are going to prosper when they preach the opposite of God’s word?
God Doesn’t Owe You A Thing
Joel Osteen is preaching the opposite of God’s word. He says, “God owes you.”
- God doesn’t owe you anything. He’s given you everything. Where did your life come from? God.
- Where did the oxygen come from that you’re breathing right now? It’s not yours. It’s not mine.
- God gave it to you. God gave you life, and you can never pay Him back for that.
- “But Joel Osteen is so rich so he must be doing something right.”
- “I’m going to follow Joel Osteen so I can be rich too.” Hey, it’s all going away. You’re going to die.
- Preachers who preach against God’s word aren’t going to prosper. They will die and rot in hell.
- Do you know who was rich in the Bible and bragged about his riches?
 Esther 5:10-11 Nevertheless Haman refrained himself: and when he came home, he sent and called for his friends, and Zeresh his wife. 11 And Haman told them of the glory of his riches, and the multitude of his children, and all the things wherein the king had promoted him, and how he had advanced him above the princes and servants of the king.
- Haman went up against God directly. He wanted to kill all of God’s people like Mordecai.
- He earned riches from the earthly king. But is he going to receive riches from the heavenly king?
- Do you remember what happened to Haman? He had all of his earthly riches. Did those save him?
 Esther 7:9-10 And Harbonah, one of the chamberlains, said before the king, Behold also, the gallows fifty cubits high, which Haman had made for Mordecai, who had spoken good for the king, standeth in the house of Haman. Then the king said, Hang him thereon. 10 So they hanged Haman on the gallows that he had prepared for Mordecai. Then was the king’s wrath pacified.
- They hanged Haman on the gallows he had prepared for Mordecai. “Then was the king’s wrath pacified.”
- Hey, God’s wrath is coming for you when you make him angry.
- Joel Osteen and Kenneth Copeland won’t escape from God’s wrath.
- They’ll have their prosperity here on earth, but they will not prosper into eternal life.
 Job 27:19-22 The rich man shall lie down, but he shall not be gathered: he openeth his eyes, and he is not. 20 Terrors take hold on him as waters, a tempest stealeth him away in the night. 21 The east wind carrieth him away, and he departeth: and as a storm hurleth him out of his place. 22 For God shall cast upon him, and not spare: he would fain flee out of his hand.
- Riches in this world doesn’t mean a false preacher is doing everything right.
- Do you know who else can give riches and power?
 Matthew 4:8-9 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; 9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
- Is that not proof enough? Test what a prosperity gospel teacher is saying with the word of God.
 Job 36:17-19 But thou hast fulfilled the judgment of the wicked: judgment and justice take hold on thee. 18 Because there is wrath, beware lest he take thee away with his stroke: then a great ransom cannot deliver thee. 19 Will he esteem thy riches? no, not gold, nor all the forces of strength.
- God doesn’t esteem your riches. NO, NOT GOLD, NOR ALL THE FORCES OF STRENGTH.
- “Well, I’ve got great riches and a great army, God! What are you going to do, God?”
- I’ll tell you what God does when you think you’re something. He laughs from His throne.
 Psalm 2:4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.
 Psalm 37:13 The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming.
- False preachers, the Lord already knows when your day is coming. He laughs at you and your lies.
- His wrath is coming for you. Keep lying to everyone to get your riches, and His wrath grows and grows.
 Proverbs 1:25-27 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: 26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; 27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
- Prosperity from God is nothing like prosperity in this world.
- Money, power, money, power, money power. That’s what everyone is seeking.
- The god of this world is money and power. The root of all evil is the love of money.
- Don’t seek after riches and money and power. Seek after God, and He will take care of you.
 Psalm 37:16-18 A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked. 17 For the arms of the wicked shall be broken: but the LORD upholdeth the righteous. 18 The LORD knoweth the days of the upright: and their inheritance shall be for ever.
- The Bible says right there that the wicked have many riches. Of course they do. Joel Osteen does.
- Kenneth Copeland does. Paula White does. Joyce Meyer does. What other proof do you need?
 Psalm 49:6-7 They that trust in their wealth, and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches; 7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:
- Preachers around here boast of their riches. “And boast themselves in the multitude of their riches.”
- The last church I was in was starting to do this. “I have money so God is blessing me.”
- Well, guess what? You can’t save yourself with those riches. They mean NOTHING.
 Psalm 52:6-7 The righteous also shall see, and fear, and shall laugh at him: 7 Lo, this is the man that made not God his strength; but trusted in the abundance of his riches, and strengthened himself in his wickedness.
- I have trouble laughing at Joel Osteen and Kenneth Copeland.
- They actually disgust me and make me want to vomit.
- They made not God their strength, but they trust in their riches. And they have them.
Do Not Set Your Heart Upon Riches
 Psalm 62:10-11 Trust not in oppression, and become not vain in robbery: if riches increase, set not your heart upon them. 11 God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belongeth unto God.
- Do not set your heart upon riches if they increase in your life.
- How many times does God have to say this? YET, all of the people fall for this false prosperity gospel.
 Psalm 73:12 Behold, these are the ungodly, who prosper in the world; they increase in riches.
- The ungodly prosper in the world and increase in riches.
- Do you see that? Also realize what this doesn’t say. It doesn’t say the godly can’t increase in riches.
- God increases riches for those who follow Him when it helps Him fulfill the will of God in this world.
- Joel Osteen and Kenneth Copeland aren’t following God. Those riches most likely aren’t coming from God.
- Or they could be because God knows those riches will destroy them.
 Proverbs 11:4 Riches profit not in the day of wrath: but righteousness delivereth from death.
- The only way you’ll escape death is to have God’s righteousness imputed to you.
- The only way to do that is to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and His righteousness. He’s perfect.
- You’re not, and I definitely am not. Riches are not going to save you.
 Proverbs 11:28 He that trusteth in his riches shall fall: but the righteous shall flourish as a branch.
- If you trust in riches, you will fall. You have these Bible scholars who fall for the prosperity gospel.
- They then get angry and mad at God because it didn’t work out like they thought.
- And they call themselves Bible scholars. Did you read the Bible?
- How are you a Bible scholar when you don’t even understand what God says.
Is Proverbs 11:28 difficult to understand?
- The “Bible scholar” I’m talking about was a woman from Duke University.
- She seems to hate God now because she got cancer and was a believer of the false prosperity gospel.
- “HE THAT TRUSTETH IN HIS RICHES SHALL FALL.” You must believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- She didn’t understand Proverbs 11:28. Stop trusting in lies. Trust in the truth who is God.
- You must believe all the words within the Bible to prosper.
- If you don’t, you transgress the commandment of the Lord.
 Numbers 14:41 And Moses said, Wherefore now do ye transgress the commandment of the LORD? but it shall not prosper.
- When you go against God and His words, whether it’s on purpose or not, you will NOT prosper.
- You tell me if this next verse is a commandment or not.
 Proverbs 23:4 Labour not to be rich: cease from thine own wisdom.
- Labor not to be rich. Don’t work on becoming rich. Is that not what it says?
 Proverbs 28:6 Better is the poor that walketh in his uprightness, than he that is perverse in his ways, though he be rich.
 Proverbs 28:11 The rich man is wise in his own conceit; but the poor that hath understanding searcheth him out.
 Proverbs 28:20 A faithful man shall abound with blessings: but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent.
- A faithful man shall abound with blessings. Why does everyone believe money is the blessing?
- Have faith in God, and you will abound with blessings.
- The greatest blessing is everlasting life and being saved from death and hell.
- Nothing compares to that. Riches here on earth are nothing compared to that.
Good health on earth is nothing compared to receiving everlasting life.
- The prosperity gospel teaches that you will have perfect health if you’re a “Christian.”
- “If you give us all your money, you will have good health.” Why?
- “Because we’re spreading a false gospel that God told us to spread.”
- These lying false preachers tell lies about God and then take all your money.
A False Prosperity Gospel Will Not Heal You Of Anything
“We’ll heal you from all your diseases and all your sicknesses through the name of Jesus.”
- Hey, listen, that name of Jesus they’re using isn’t the Jesus within the Bible.
- Using the name Jesus it doesn’t mean it’s the right Jesus.
- I could go get my names changed to Jesus. You could come to me and say, “Jesus, heal me.”
- I’m not the right Jesus. I can’t heal you of everything. I can’t save your flesh.
- I definitely can’t save your soul just because I changed my name to Jesus.
“In the name of Jesus, you are healed from all your sickness.” That’s what they say.
- And when it doesn’t happen, they have a great way out. “Well, it’s your fault.”
- “You don’t have enough faith.” That’s what they say.
- “You have problems in your life because you don’t have any faith.”
- They say, “You’re faithless. I’m not because I’m rich. Look at me. I’m rich. You aren’t. You have no faith.”
- Now, listen to this. God promises prosperity IF we follow His commandments.
- If we follow His commandments, does God promise that we will never have any trouble at all?
- Have you taken a look at the Bible? Have you noticed all the examples in the Bible?
Do you ever see anyone who followed God NEVER have any problems?
- Moses had a perfect and rich life, right? He never had any problems, right? WRONG.
- Moses wasn’t perfect. He sinned many times. He didn’t get to cross over into the promised land.
- God told Moses to go up in that mountain and die. Moses didn’t get a retirement.
- Job was lacking in nothing, followed God, and he did what God asked. Did he never have any problems?
- Maybe you should go back and read the Book of Job and see what happened. Sickness, disease.
- He lost everything even though he followed God’s commandments. But God restored Job.
- What about King Asa? Do you remember King Asa?
 1 Kings 15:11 And Asa did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, as did David his father.
 2 Chronicles 14:2-4 And Asa did that which was good and right in the eyes of the LORD his God: 3 For he took away the altars of the strange gods, and the high places, and brake down the images, and cut down the groves: 4 And commanded Judah to seek the LORD God of their fathers, and to do the law and the commandment.
- Why was King Asa a good king? Notice what it says in verse 4.
- “And commanded Judah to see the Lord God of their fathers, and to do the law and the commandment.”
- Any preacher is a good preacher who teaches God’s law and His commandments.
- “Follow God and His commandments.” Nothing else. ONLY GOD.
- But, do you think King Asa was perfect? Do you think he never messed up?
- Do you remember how he died?
 2 Chronicles 16:12-13 And Asa in the thirty and ninth year of his reign was diseased in his feet, until his disease was exceeding great: yet in his disease he sought not to the LORD, but to the physicians. 13 And Asa slept with his fathers, and died in the one and fortieth year of his reign.
- King Asa, a great king because He followed God in general, was diseased in his feet.
- After he got the disease in his feet, he didn’t go to God for help first. He went to the doctor.
- People don’t like to hear that because everyone goes to the doctor around here.
- But I didn’t make this up. It’s right there. If you don’t like it, that’s your problem. Don’t hate me for it.
- King Asa had a disease in his feet. He was a good king. He did that which was right.
- But he still got the disease. If you’re Kenneth Copeland, you would day: “Well that can’t be.”
- WELL IT WAS BECAUSE IT IS WRITTEN. What about King Hezekiah? We know he was a good king.
 2 Kings 20:1 In those days was Hezekiah sick unto death. And the prophet Isaiah the son of Amoz came to him, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Set thine house in order; for thou shalt die, and not live.
 2 Kings 20:2-3 Then he turned his face to the wall, and prayed unto the LORD, saying, 3 I beseech thee, O LORD, remember now how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore.
- Now King Hezekiah did different than King Asa. He turned to the Lord and prayed.
- He said, “Lord, please remember now how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart.”
- “I’ve done that which is good in thy sight.” He cried to God for help.
- He wept because he was sick unto death. Sometimes we get sick and God knows.
- We are to go to God FIRST for help. If not, King Asa is the example. If so, King Hezekiah is the example.
 2 Kings 20:5-6 Turn again, and tell Hezekiah the captain of my people, Thus saith the LORD, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will heal thee: on the third day thou shalt go up unto the house of the LORD. 6 And I will add unto thy days fifteen years; and I will deliver thee and this city out of the hand of the king of Assyria; and I will defend this city for mine own sake, and for my servant David’s sake.
- God gave Hezekiah 15 more years because He sought the Lord’s help.
- What about Elisha? Have ye not read about Elisha?
 2 Kings 13:14 Now Elisha was fallen sick of his sickness whereof he died. And Joash the king of Israel came down unto him, and wept over his face, and said, O my father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof.
- Elisha died of a sickness.
 2 Kings 13:20-21 And Elisha died, and they buried him. And the bands of the Moabites invaded the land at the coming in of the year. 21 And it came to pass, as they were burying a man, that, behold, they spied a band of men; and they cast the man into the sepulchre of Elisha: and when the man was let down, and touched the bones of Elisha, he revived, and stood up on his feet.
- Did Elisha just not have enough faith like Kenneth Copeland or Benny Hinn would say?
- Did Paul not have enough faith? He had a sickness.
- They’ll say, “God will heal you of every disease and sickness and give you perfect health.”
- I sure don’t see that in the Bible anywhere. They’re talking about their god who is Satan.
A False Gospel Leads You To Believing Wrongly About God
Satan wants you to fall for the lies because lies like those will lead to you hating God.
- When something bad happens, it’s all God’s fault. Not yours.
- Their false prosperity gospel leads to you hating God. In reality, it was a false god being taught.
- The false preachers will teach that you must be perfect. When you’re not, you have problems.
- No one is perfect. NO NOT ONE. They set you up for failure and for hating God.
God never promises you great riches and perfect health. Not once.
- But He does promise eternal life and what else do you want? WAKE UP.
- You can only receive everlasting life by doing what God says to do.
- You can only receive everlasting life by believing on Jesus Christ to save you. THE REAL ONE.
- The Jesus Christ within the words of this Bible is the real Jesus. You must believe on Him.
When you follow God in this world, He doesn’t promise you a perfect and great life.
- He tells you that you will suffer. You will have trials. You will have troubles.
 John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
 John 15:20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
 Romans 8:36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
 2 Timothy 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
 Revelation 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
- Did the disciples have an easy life? Did John the Baptist live it up? Did he gather all his earthly riches?
- NO, HE WAS BEHEADED FOR JESUS CHRIST!!! Do you understand this?
- The prosperity gospel makes me sick. It’s wicked, nasty, vile, and evil.
- You can be killed in your flesh because you’ll follow God. Not the other way around.
- You aren’t going to have an easy and perfect life here in this world when you follow Jesus.
- If you can’t see that, you need to pray for God to open your eyes.
- You need to be ready for trouble. You need to trust God right now.
Here’s How You Prosper By Believing God Over Man
So, what blessings will you receive when you trust Jesus Christ? What do you receive?
- How are you prospered as God promises?
- You receive everlasting life. There’s no greater gift than that.
- You receive the indwelling of the Holy Spirit who is “THE” Comforter. He will comfort you.
- He will teach you all things. He will guide you. What other blessing do you want? WOW!!!
- You would rather have money? You would rather have perfect health?
- You would rather go through nothing in your life and have an easy life than have God with you?
- Think about that. “Well, I’ll give up God and everlasting life so I can get what I want right now.”
- That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. If you choose your flesh, you get these things:
 Galatians 5:19-21 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
- If you choose to believe God and receive His Holy Spirit within you, you get these things:
 Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
- And you get the choice to walk in the Spirit or to choose the flesh each and every day.
- Seek God, and He will prosper your way. That’s the truth.
- God doesn’t promise you money, houses, cars, diamonds, gold, and worldly riches.
- Instead, He gives you spiritual things like love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance.
- There’s nothing in this world better than ANY of those ONE things. But He gives them all to you once you put your trust in Him.
- I hope you’ll do that today versus putting your trust in lying preachers who shoot out the lip.
 Psalm 22:7-8 All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying, 8 He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.
- They can laugh all they want. I WILL TRUST IN THE LORD, AND HE WILL DELIVER ME.
- I trust Him with everything I have. You need to do the same right now and never look back.