- Sermon Slides for Sermon Children Of Belial: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon Children Of Belial: PDF
- Audio MP3 for Sermon Children Of Belial:
- Video MP4 for Sermon Children Of Belial:
 The title of the sermon today is “CHILDREN OF BELIAL.”
What Are Children Of Belial?
- How do you pronounce this word in the title of the sermon? BELLY-ALL.
- What does this mean? Children of Belial? We’re going to look to the Scriptures today.
- When you’re reading the Bible, you’re going to see this subject many times.
- The children of Belial are going to teach us something very important today.
- Here’s the first use of the phrase children of Belial within the King James Bible.
 Deuteronomy 13:12-13 If thou shalt hear say in one of thy cities, which the LORD thy God hath given thee to dwell there, saying, 13 Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known;
- Children of Belial were in the congregation of the Lord. They were with the children of Israel.
- They were physically children of Israel. “They are gone out from among you.”
- And what do they do? They entice you to go and serve other gods which you have not known.
- God gives the children of Israel a commandment in this Scripture.
- God says, “If you hear in any of these cities that I have given you that there are children of Belial saying to go and serve other gods, then do this in the next Scripture.”
- Let’s see what God commands them to do.
 Deuteronomy 13:14-15 Then shalt thou inquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought among you; 15 Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword.
- God commands them to search the children of Belial out. What are the children of Belial?
- These are people who are urging others to serve other gods and not the living God.
- If this is SURELY FOUND in these cities, God calls it abomination. He greatly hates abominations.
- “Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword.”
- Destroy it utterly. Everything within that city is to be destroyed. Take nothing from that city.
 Deuteronomy 13:16 And thou shalt gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street thereof, and shalt burn with fire the city, and all the spoil thereof every whit, for the LORD thy God: and it shall be an heap for ever; it shall not be built again.
- Notice what this says exactly. Burn everything within that city. Don’t even take one thing from it.
- And that place shall be an heap forever. It shall not be built again.
- That city will never be what it was forever. It shall be an heap. That’s how serious God is about this.
 Deuteronomy 13:17-18 And there shall cleave nought of the cursed thing to thine hand: that the LORD may turn from the fierceness of his anger, and shew thee mercy, and have compassion upon thee, and multiply thee, as he hath sworn unto thy fathers; 18 When thou shalt hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep all his commandments which I command thee this day, to do that which is right in the eyes of the LORD thy God.
- Nothing from that place should cleave to your hand. Hearken to the voice of the Lord your God.
- Always do that which is right in the eyes of the Lord.
- We know for sure that the children of Belial are not the children of God.
- The children of Belial are those who serve other gods and not Jesus Christ.
This means 100% for sure that there are people who are not children of God.
- But what does this world today attempt to teach you as if it’s 100% truth?
- They will teach you that “all children are children of God.” Churches will teach that.
- So-called “Christian” churches will teach that. Again, they say, “Everyone is a child of God.”
- But here’s one example in the Bible in Deuteronomy Chapter 13 that says otherwise.
- So, is God right? Or, is the world right? Are the worldly so-called “Christian” churches correct?
- Of course they aren’t. Many of them are actually children of Belial themselves.
- They’ve enticed people to come and to worship other gods that are not the God of the Bible.
- This means 100% without a doubt that there are other children in this world that are not children of God.
In Judges Chapter 19, we see a Levite and his concubine who plays the whore against him.
- Those are the words of the Bible so don’t get offended at God’s words.
- This Levite goes out to get his concubine. He finds her. He is taking her back with him.
- They leave, and they find an old man who is willing to let them stay at his house for the night.
- Let’s start in the Scriptures at that point.
 Judges 19:17-18 And when he had lifted up his eyes, he saw a wayfaring man in the street of the city: and the old man said, Whither goest thou? and whence comest thou? 18 And he said unto him, We are passing from Beth-lehem-judah toward the side of mount Ephraim; from thence am I: and I went to Beth-lehem-judah, but I am now going to the house of the LORD; and there is no man that receiveth me to house.
 Judges 19:19-20 Yet there is both straw and provender for our asses; and there is bread and wine also for me, and for thy handmaid, and for the young man which is with thy servants: there is no want of any thing. 20 And the old man said, Peace be with thee; howsoever let all thy wants lie upon me; only lodge not in the street.
 Judges 19:21-22 So he brought him into his house, and gave provender unto the asses: and they washed their feet, and did eat and drink. 22 Now as they were making their hearts merry, behold, the men of the city, certain sons of Belial, beset the house round about, and beat at the door, and spake to the master of the house, the old man, saying, Bring forth the man that came into thine house, that we may know him.
- This is the second time in the entire King James Bible that we see the children of Belial.
- These are SONS OF BELIAL the Bible says. Do you notice what they say here?
- It’s getting late. The old man tells them not to lodge in the street.
- Most likely he knows about these children of Belial.
- The old man brings the Levite, his servant, and his concubine into his home to help them.
- They are now in his house. They aren’t bothering or harming anyone. And what happens?
One Example Of Sons Of Belial Are Sodomites
These evil and wicked men, called the sons of Belial, come and surround the old man’s house.
- They beat at his door. They speak to the master of the house, the old man, and say:
- “Bring forth the man that came into thine house, that we may know him.”
- What does that mean? Did they just want to meet the man and talk with him and understand who he is?
- No, they didn’t want to get to know him, where he was from, and how they could help him.
- They didn’t want anything like that. We see something similar in Genesis Chapter 19 with the angels.
 Genesis 19:5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.
- These were the men of Sodom. They were sinners before the Lord exceedingly.
- They wanted to “KNOW” the angels that Lot had brought into his home.
- What were they actually wanting? They wanted to sexually know those men.
 Genesis 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.
- When the Bible talks about Adam KNOWING his wife, it’s talking about that private sexual relationship.
- This KNOWING should ONLY happen between a husband and a wife. God says so and commands this.
- But these children of Belial, or sons of Belial, in Judges Chapter 19 want to know this man.
- They didn’t care about his concubine. They wanted to know the man, the Levite.
- Sodomites or homosexuals are not children of God. They are children of the devil. Rejected by God.
- Men who lust after other men are children of Belial and not children of God.
- God gave us the example in Judges Chapter 19 so that you can clearly understand that FACT.
We see bad things happen in Judges Chapter 19 but the Levite would not give himself up to these sons of Belial.
- He gives his concubine over to them. And they abused her all the night the Bible says.
- She died from that. These sons of Belial are evil, wicked, and nasty men. They abused her and killed her.
- The Levite man finds her dead at his doorsteps. He cuts her into pieces and sends her body parts out.
- They go unto all the tribes of Israel. He wants Israel to know what happened there.
- He wants them to know what the sons of Belial did to his concubine. He sends out 12 pieces of her.
 Judges 19:30 And it was so, that all that saw it said, There was no such deed done nor seen from the day that the children of Israel came up out of the land of Egypt unto this day: consider of it, take advice, and speak your minds.
- No one had seen anything like this since the day that the children of Israel came up out of Egypt.
- What happens after this? We’re going to learn a lot from this today. You need to see what happens here.
- The place where the Levite came to where the old man’s house was located was in Benjamin’s area.
- The Levite is going to tell all the tribes of Israel that are gathered with him the story of what happened.
- Watch what he says here as this is the truth of what happened.
 Judges 20:4-5 And the Levite, the husband of the woman that was slain, answered and said, I came into Gibeah that belongeth to Benjamin, I and my concubine, to lodge. 5 And the men of Gibeah rose against me, and beset the house round about upon me by night, and thought to have slain me: and my concubine have they forced, that she is dead.
- Remember the prior commandment that we saw in Deuteronomy Chapter 13.
- If there are children of Belial in your city, you should get rid of them immediately or you’ll be destroyed.
- Right? If there were false gods being worshipped in your city, you better get rid of them fast.
- Children of Belial are worshipping a false god. They are not children of God.
- They are going after other gods. Earlier in Deuteronomy Chapter 13, you see this:
 Deuteronomy 13:6-7 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; 7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;
 Deuteronomy 13:8-9 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: 9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.
 Deuteronomy 13:10-11 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage. 11 And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is among you.
- That commandment was exactly for the children of Benjamin.
- But they allowed these sons of Belial to stay within their city and their country.
- They allowed this folly to happen in their city with this visiting Levite and his concubine.
- They could have prevented these things by simply following the commandments of the Lord.
- But they didn’t. And when they didn’t, very bad things happened. Let’s see what else happens.
 Judges 20:9-10 But now this shall be the thing which we will do to Gibeah; we will go up by lot against it; 10 And we will take ten men of an hundred throughout all the tribes of Israel, and an hundred of a thousand, and a thousand out of ten thousand, to fetch victual for the people, that they may do, when they come to Gibeah of Benjamin, according to all the folly that they have wrought in Israel.
- The children of Israel are now going after the tribe of Benjamin. It’s their own family.
- But they are going to do what God commanded them to do in Deuteronomy Chapter 13.
- They are going to Benjamin and they will inquire, search, and make sure this is the truth being told.
 Judges 20:11-12 So all the men of Israel were gathered against the city, knit together as one man. 12 And the tribes of Israel sent men through all the tribe of Benjamin, saying, What wickedness is this that is done among you?
- They are seeking the truth. Did you actually allow this to happen? You have sons of Belial in your city?
- Watch what the children of Israel do next.
 Judges 20:13-14 Now therefore deliver us the men, the children of Belial, which are in Gibeah, that we may put them to death, and put away evil from Israel. But the children of Benjamin would not hearken to the voice of their brethren the children of Israel: 14 But the children of Benjamin gathered themselves together out of the cities unto Gibeah, to go out to battle against the children of Israel.
- They say, “Deliver us the men, THE CHILDREN OF BELIAL, that we may put them to death.”
- We want to put away evil from Israel. That’s the point of God’s laws. He wants to put away evil.
- So, all the children of Benjamin had to do was turn over these evil and wicked men to be put to death.
- But no, they wouldn’t do what God commanded them to do. They had an easy choice to make.
- But what do they do? They’re going to defend these sons of Belial and not turn them over.
- They’re going to battle their own flesh and blood who stand for God over these children of the devil.
Don’t Go To Battle For Children Of The Devil
And yes, that’s what’s happening all over this country and world today.
- The evil and wicked children of Belial are being defended by so-called “Christians.”
- Our president calls himself a “Christian” and defends LGBTQ children of the devil.
- Let’s get this straight today. He is no Christian. He defends the murder of babies with abortion.
- He is no Christian. He would stand with the tribe of Benjamin defending these children of Belial.
- So, what would God want you to do? Would God want you to stand with the tribe of Benjamin?
- Would God protect these sodomites here in the Bible? Would God protect the children of Belial?
- Or, would God tell the Israelites to go up to war with Benjamin and destroy them?
 Judges 20:18 And the children of Israel arose, and went up to the house of God, and asked counsel of God, and said, Which of us shall go up first to the battle against the children of Benjamin? And the LORD said, Judah shall go up first.
- God tells them to go to battle. JUDAH SHALL GO UP FIRST.
- We know that God is against the children of Belial and the people who support them and protect them.
- Make sure you see this and understand this. If you support homosexuals, God is against you.
- And if you don’t think so, then you obviously can’t understand God and His words. You ignore God.
- Are you sure you aren’t a child of Belial? Are you sure you aren’t a child of the devil yourself?
- Support LGBTQ, align yourselves with the children of Belial, and align yourselves against God Almighty.
- You’ll lose every time. You will be destroyed by God Almighty Himself.
In Judges Chapter 20, we see that the tribe of Benjamin wins some battles. The children of Israel lose a lot of men.
- When we go to battle over these things in this world, we’re going to lose some battles.
- But, in the end, we won’t lose the war.
- Benjamin, who protected these children of Belial, won some battles.
- When the children of Israel lost people, they wept before the Lord. They went to God and asked for help.
 Judges 20:20-21 And the men of Israel went out to battle against Benjamin; and the men of Israel put themselves in array to fight against them at Gibeah. 21 And the children of Benjamin came forth out of Gibeah, and destroyed down to the ground of the Israelites that day twenty and two thousand men.
- But they aren’t going to give up here.
 Judges 20:22-23 And the people the men of Israel encouraged themselves, and set their battle again in array in the place where they put themselves in array the first day. 23 (And the children of Israel went up and wept before the LORD until even, and asked counsel of the LORD, saying, Shall I go up again to battle against the children of Benjamin my brother? And the LORD said, Go up against him.)
- They questioned themselves because they lost that battle the first day.
- They asked God, “Shall I go up again to battle against the children of Benjamin?”
- “They are our brothers.” And what does God say? “GO UP AGAINST HIM.”
 Judges 20:24-25 And the children of Israel came near against the children of Benjamin the second day. 25 And Benjamin went forth against them out of Gibeah the second day, and destroyed down to the ground of the children of Israel again eighteen thousand men; all these drew the sword.
- The children of Israel lost again. What did they lose? They lost 18,000 men. Dead. 18,000 men.
 Judges 20:26-27 Then all the children of Israel, and all the people, went up, and came unto the house of God, and wept, and sat there before the LORD, and fasted that day until even, and offered burnt offerings and peace offerings before the LORD. 27 And the children of Israel inquired of the LORD, (for the ark of the covenant of God was there in those days,
- Don’t go to battle without the Lord there with you. They then fasted and gave offerings to the Lord.
 Judges 20:28 And Phinehas, the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron, stood before it in those days,) saying, Shall I yet again go out to battle against the children of Benjamin my brother, or shall I cease? And the LORD said, Go up; for to morrow I will deliver them into thine hand.
- Now, God is going to help them and He’s going to deliver them into their hands.
- Don’t give up the fight for God. Keep seeking God with everything that you have.
- Fasting, prayer, and offerings to God. “Go up; for tomorrow I will deliver them into thine hand.”
- Now, do you want to defend the children of Belial? Is that what you want to do?
- That’s what Benjamin did there. They wanted to risk all their lives for evil and wicked sodomites.
- Why in the world would you continue to defend an evil and wicked people?
- I’ve seen parents who will defend their evil and wicked children no matter what.
- I’ve seen a mom who defended her son that beat his wife over and over again.
- I’ve seen a mom who defended her son that would constantly do evil.
- Let’s get this straight. You don’t defend evil. When a child does something, they pay for it.
- Don’t continue to defend and defend and defend evil. Understand that.
Who smote the children of Benjamin in that Scripture right there? This is the perfect word of God.
- “And the Lord smote Benjamin before Israel.” They list 25,100 men that day.
- They lost more than that in this battle.
 Judges 20:48 And the men of Israel turned again upon the children of Benjamin, and smote them with the edge of the sword, as well the men of every city, as the beast, and all that came to hand: also they set on fire all the cities that they came to.
- Do you see what happened there? Deuteronomy Chapter 13 happened there.
- Why did all this happen? CHILDREN OF BELIAL. They were the reason. They infiltrated the city.
- Theses sons of Belial wanted to know another man. Their evil led to all of this.
- Thousands upon thousands upon thousands were dead because of these evil and wicked men.
- Let’s look at some more Scripture about children of Belial.
 1 Samuel 1:12-14 And it came to pass, as she continued praying before the LORD, that Eli marked her mouth. 13 Now Hannah, she spake in her heart; only her lips moved, but her voice was not heard: therefore Eli thought she had been drunken. 14 And Eli said unto her, How long wilt thou be drunken? put away thy wine from thee.
- We see Hannah, a Godly woman, praying before the Lord.
- Eli, the priest of the Lord, thought she was drunken.
- He says to her, “Put away thy wine from thee.”
 1 Samuel 1:15-16 And Hannah answered and said, No, my lord, I am a woman of a sorrowful spirit: I have drunk neither wine nor strong drink, but have poured out my soul before the LORD. 16 Count not thine handmaid for a daughter of Belial: for out of the abundance of my complaint and grief have I spoken hitherto.
- Hannah wasn’t giving up on having a child.
- She was praying so hard that Eli thought she was drunken within the house of the Lord.
- Do you see what Hannah says in verse 16?
- “Count not thine handmaid for a daughter of Belial.”
- Only a daughter of Belial would come into the house of the Lord drunken. This is what Hannah just said.
- She says, “I’m not a daughter of Belial. I’m not drunken in the house of the Lord.”
- Hannah ends up having her first child, a man of God, Samuel. She was a Godly woman.
- She is not a daughter of Belial, but she is a daughter of God Almighty in heaven.
- What else do we find in the Scriptures about children of Belial?
 1 Samuel 2:12 Now the sons of Eli were sons of Belial; they knew not the LORD.
- Eli, the priest of God, had evil and wicked sons who didn’t know the Lord.
- Children of Belial “KNEW NOT THE LORD.” Children of the devil do not know the Lord.
- They won’t listen to His words. They won’t hear His words. They don’t care what He says.
- What are some of the things that Eli’s sons did that show you what a child of Belial will do? Let’s see.
 1 Samuel 2:17 Wherefore the sin of the young men was very great before the LORD: for men abhorred the offering of the LORD.
- Eli’s sons were acting as priests of the Lord and made the offerings to the Lord very difficult to give.
- They were taking the offerings and doing things they weren’t supposed to be doing.
- And that led to men abhorring or greatly hating the offering to the Lord.
- That led men to hate to do what God said to do.
Sons Of Belial Make It Difficult For People To Follow The Lord
When you make it difficult for someone to follow the Lord, you’re doing the same things as a son of Belial.
- That’s what Eli’s sons were doing. They were making it difficult for people to follow God’s laws.
- So-called “Christian” churches are making it difficult for people to follow God and His ways.
- They are acting like children of the devil.
- When a child wants to follow God, they’ll turn them the other way. They’ll turn them to the devil’s ways.
- They’ll turn them to a false gospel. They’ll teach them evil things and evil ways.
- What else did these evil sons of Belial do?
 1 Samuel 2:22-24 Now Eli was very old, and heard all that his sons did unto all Israel; and how they lay with the women that assembled at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation. 23 And he said unto them, Why do ye such things? for I hear of your evil dealings by all this people. 24 Nay, my sons; for it is no good report that I hear: ye make the LORD’S people to transgress.
- There were women that would assemble at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.
- They were there to do work for the Lord. They were there to do good.
- And what does Eli’s sons do to these women? They lay with them sexually.
- They weren’t married to these women. They would just choose whoever they wanted and lay with them.
- This is sick and nasty. They are greatly defiling the house of the Lord. GREATLY.
They were causing the Lord’s people to transgress and sin against the Lord. This is a big deal.
- And guess what? So-called “pastors” of churches are doing this everywhere around the world.
- They’re doing these things right now, and they think it’s okay. CHILDREN OF THE DEVIL.
- They get the people to worship them and especially the women in the church.
- They pull the attention away from God and put it onto themselves.
- And then they take advantage of their self-proclaimed uplifting and lay with the women of the church.
- They are beyond evil, and I guarantee you that God hates them many of them.
 1 Samuel 2:25 If one man sin against another, the judge shall judge him: but if a man sin against the LORD, who shall intreat for him? Notwithstanding they hearkened not unto the voice of their father, because the LORD would slay them.
- Eli’s sons were greatly sinning against the Lord.
- They acted as if they represented the Lord and then committed all these abominations in which God greatly hates.
- Just because someone professes to represent the Lord, this surely doesn’t mean that he or she represents the Lord.
“Well, I went to Bible college so that makes me a man of God.” WRONG. It sure doesn’t.
- “Well, I went to seminary so that makes me a man of God.” WRONG. It sure doesn’t.
- “Well, my Dad Eli is the priest of God so that makes me a great child of God too.” WRONG. It sure doesn’t.
- Eli was a man of God, but his children turned into sons of Belial.
- Eli won’t see his children in heaven. Do you see what God is planning to do to them?
- Look at the end of verse 25 there. “Because the Lord would slay them.” And then it’s over for them.
- And yeah, don’t allow the children of Belial in false churches teach you that God doesn’t slay people.
- He says clearly that He does. He says, “I kill, and I make alive. I wound, and I heal.”
Eli Allowed His Sons, Children of Belial, To Continue
Eli wasn’t doing right through any of this by allowing his evil sons to be priests for God.
- “But they’re my sons.” God doesn’t care. If you do evil, God doesn’t care who you are.
- There is no respect of persons with God. “But my Dad is Isaac, a great man of God!!!”
- Ask Esau how that turned out for him. God hates Esau. Eli’s sons were evil and Eli allowed it.
- Do you think God is happy with Eli for allowing all of this to happen?
- He allowed his sons of Belial to continue to be priests in the house of the Lord.
- Do you remember the commandments that we learned in Deuteronomy Chapter 13?
- God doesn’t care if the children of Belial are your physical sons. Spiritually they are of the devil.
- So, watch what a man of God comes and says to Eli.
 1 Samuel 2:27-28 And there came a man of God unto Eli, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Did I plainly appear unto the house of thy father, when they were in Egypt in Pharaoh’s house? 28 And did I choose him out of all the tribes of Israel to be my priest, to offer upon mine altar, to burn incense, to wear an ephod before me? and did I give unto the house of thy father all the offerings made by fire of the children of Israel?
 1 Samuel 2:29 Wherefore kick ye at my sacrifice and at mine offering, which I have commanded in my habitation; and honourest thy sons above me, to make yourselves fat with the chiefest of all the offerings of Israel my people?
- God tells Eli that he is honoring his sons above Him. Bad decision.
- That’s what people do when they protect these evil and wicked people.
- It doesn’t matter who they are. If one is your own flesh and blood, it doesn’t matter.
- Skipping down to verse 34.
 1 Samuel 2:34 And this shall be a sign unto thee, that shall come upon thy two sons, on Hophni and Phinehas; in one day they shall die both of them.
- Eli is going to know that the words of this man of God are true when both of his sons die.
- Hophni and Phinehas were sons of Belial. They had no chance to be saved. They were evil and wicked.
- They did not know God, but they were so-called priests of God. You should learn something from that.
- God is going to kill them both in one day.
 1 Samuel 2:35 And I will raise me up a faithful priest, that shall do according to that which is in mine heart and in my mind: and I will build him a sure house; and he shall walk before mine anointed for ever.
- God doesn’t need Hophni and Phinehas, and Eli doesn’t either. Sometimes we think we do, but we don’t.
- Put the evil away from you. This is what the Bible says over and over again.
 1 Samuel 4:17 And the messenger answered and said, Israel is fled before the Philistines, and there hath been also a great slaughter among the people, and thy two sons also, Hophni and Phinehas, are dead, and the ark of God is taken.
- There you go. They’re dead. But what about Eli? What happens to him?
 1 Samuel 4:18 And it came to pass, when he made mention of the ark of God, that he fell from off the seat backward by the side of the gate, and his neck brake, and he died: for he was an old man, and heavy. And he had judged Israel forty years.
- So now we see Eli die as well.
- Nothing is going to turn out good when it comes to dealing with children of Belial.
- This is why you always make sure your children are saved. Teach them as they grow up.
- Make them understand that you won’t protect them when they do evil.
 1 Samuel 10:24-25 And Samuel said to all the people, See ye him whom the LORD hath chosen, that there is none like him among all the people? And all the people shouted, and said, God save the king. 25 Then Samuel told the people the manner of the kingdom, and wrote it in a book, and laid it up before the LORD. And Samuel sent all the people away, every man to his house.
 1 Samuel 10:26-27 And Saul also went home to Gibeah; and there went with him a band of men, whose hearts God had touched. 27 But the children of Belial said, How shall this man save us? And they despised him, and brought him no presents. But he held his peace.
- Samuel, a prophet of God and the son of Hannah, told the people that Saul is the Lord’s chosen.
- But what do the children of Belial do? They rejected Saul and despised him.
- God chose Saul to be the king of Israel, but of course, children of Belial won’t agree with God’s choices.
- Children of Belial believe they know better than God. They hate what God chooses. They hate God.
- Now I want to show you another man of Belial who was Abigail’s husband. His name was Nabal.
- This is the same Abigail who ends up being one of King David’s many wives.
 1 Samuel 25:2-3 And there was a man in Maon, whose possessions were in Carmel; and the man was very great, and he had three thousand sheep, and a thousand goats: and he was shearing his sheep in Carmel. 3 Now the name of the man was Nabal; and the name of his wife Abigail: and she was a woman of good understanding, and of a beautiful countenance: but the man was churlish and evil in his doings; and he was of the house of Caleb.
 1 Samuel 25:5-6 And David sent out ten young men, and David said unto the young men, Get you up to Carmel, and go to Nabal, and greet him in my name: 6 And thus shall ye say to him that liveth in prosperity, Peace be both to thee, and peace be to thine house, and peace be unto all that thou hast.
- David was being very nice and kind to this man and he responds in anger to David’s men.
- For example, God is being very nice and kind to everyone in this world and they respond in hate to Him.
- I want you to see another characteristic of a child of Belial. Watch this.
 1 Samuel 25:17 Now therefore know and consider what thou wilt do; for evil is determined against our master, and against all his household: for he is such a son of Belial, that a man cannot speak to him.
- Sons of Belial cannot be spoken to. You can’t teach them anything. They won’t listen. They know it all.
- You can’t give the Gospel to some people. They won’t listen.
- They are such a child of Belial that a man cannot speak unto them.
- David gets angry and tells all of his men to gird up their swords.
- One of the men tells Abigail about this, and she does her best to stop the slaughter about to happen.
 1 Samuel 25:23-24 And when Abigail saw David, she hasted, and lighted off the ass, and fell before David on her face, and bowed herself to the ground, 24 And fell at his feet, and said, Upon me, my lord, upon me let this iniquity be: and let thine handmaid, I pray thee, speak in thine audience, and hear the words of thine handmaid.
 1 Samuel 25:25 Let not my lord, I pray thee, regard this man of Belial, even Nabal: for as his name is, so is he; Nabal is his name, and folly is with him: but I thine handmaid saw not the young men of my lord, whom thou didst send.
- We see that Abigail calls her husband, who she knows very well, a MAN OF BELIAL.
- David ends up hearkening to her voice and not going after Nabal. Nabal doesn’t care anyway.
- Do you know why Nabal doesn’t care at all? Let’s see.
 1 Samuel 25:36 And Abigail came to Nabal; and, behold, he held a feast in his house, like the feast of a king; and Nabal’s heart was merry within him, for he was very drunken: wherefore she told him nothing, less or more, until the morning light.
- Nabal doesn’t care because he’s a drunk. Don’t end up being a son of Belial because you become a drunk.
- God tells us to stay sober. Drunken people and people high on drugs don’t care about anything.
- They don’t care how they treat others. They only care about themselves.
 1 Samuel 25:37-38 But it came to pass in the morning, when the wine was gone out of Nabal, and his wife had told him these things, that his heart died within him, and he became as a stone. 38 And it came to pass about ten days after, that the LORD smote Nabal, that he died.
- Who smote Nabal, this man of Belial? GOD DID. The Lord smote Nabal.
- Do you see a trend here with the children of Belial that hate God? They end up dead by God’s hand.
 1 Samuel 25:39 And when David heard that Nabal was dead, he said, Blessed be the LORD, that hath pleaded the cause of my reproach from the hand of Nabal, and hath kept his servant from evil: for the LORD hath returned the wickedness of Nabal upon his own head. And David sent and communed with Abigail, to take her to him to wife.
- The Lord will return the wickedness of these children of Belial upon their own heads.
- Many of the current day children of Belial are the men who lust after other men.
- Many are drunkards and drug heads who only think of themselves in everything they do.
- They get disease and sickness and die. You don’t want to be one of them.
- It’s not cool like the world tells you. It’s actually going to be rather hot when you end up in hell.
- The world thinks it’s more “COOL” to reject God and laugh at God. WRONG.
- You’re actually a total fool and a complete idiot to mock God and to laugh at Him.
- Now, see and understand this story of a man falsely accusing King David of being a man of Belial.
Don’t Falsely Accuse People Of Being Evil And Wicked
 2 Samuel 16:5-6 And when king David came to Bahurim, behold, thence came out a man of the family of the house of Saul, whose name was Shimei, the son of Gera: he came forth, and cursed still as he came. 6 And he cast stones at David, and at all the servants of king David: and all the people and all the mighty men were on his right hand and on his left.
 2 Samuel 16:7-8 And thus said Shimei when he cursed, Come out, come out, thou bloody man, and thou man of Belial: 8 The LORD hath returned upon thee all the blood of the house of Saul, in whose stead thou hast reigned; and the LORD hath delivered the kingdom into the hand of Absalom thy son: and, behold, thou art taken in thy mischief, because thou art a bloody man.
- For example, I have people coming at me constantly who want to call me evil and wicked.
- They come with the attacks calling me names. David was not a son of Belial.
- I am not a son of Belial. I believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, to save me.
- I know that only He can save me and that I can’t save myself in any way, shape, or form.
- David believed the same. He wasn’t a child of the devil, but he gets called these things.
- Do you want to see what kind of men David had surrounding him? Watch the very next verse.
 2 Samuel 16:9 Then said Abishai the son of Zeruiah unto the king, Why should this dead dog curse my lord the king? let me go over, I pray thee, and take off his head.
- Abishai was a mighty warrior without any fear. He shows this within the Bible several times.
- Abishai wanted to go and behead this man who is cursing at King David.
- But remember, David is a man after the Lord’s own heart. Watch how he handles this man.
 2 Samuel 16:10-11 And the king said, What have I to do with you, ye sons of Zeruiah? so let him curse, because the LORD hath said unto him, Curse David. Who shall then say, Wherefore hast thou done so? 11 And David said to Abishai, and to all his servants, Behold, my son, which came forth of my bowels, seeketh my life: how much more now may this Benjamite do it? let him alone, and let him curse; for the LORD hath bidden him.
 2 Samuel 16:12 It may be that the LORD will look on mine affliction, and that the LORD will requite me good for his cursing this day.
- David says, “Let him curse me. I hope the Lord will requite or repay me for his cursing.”
- So, bring on the cursing. God will see people cursing us wrongly and maybe He’ll reward us.
- Don’t falsely accuse people who are doing their best to follow God and His words.
- Don’t call God’s people, those who believe on Jesus Christ, children of Belial.
 2 Samuel 20:1 And there happened to be there a man of Belial, whose name was Sheba, the son of Bichri, a Benjamite: and he blew a trumpet, and said, We have no part in David, neither have we inheritance in the son of Jesse: every man to his tents, O Israel.
- Do you see what children of Belial do? They turn people away from God.
- David was God’s anointed and chosen king. This man, Sheba, is trying to turn people away from that.
- Nothing will ever end good for children of the devil who attempt to deceive people.
- They will always try to take you away from God’s path.
 2 Samuel 20:21 The matter is not so: but a man of mount Ephraim, Sheba the son of Bichri by name, hath lifted up his hand against the king, even against David: deliver him only, and I will depart from the city. And the woman said unto Joab, Behold, his head shall be thrown to thee over the wall.
 2 Samuel 20:22 Then the woman went unto all the people in her wisdom. And they cut off the head of Sheba the son of Bichri, and cast it out to Joab. And he blew a trumpet, and they retired from the city, every man to his tent. And Joab returned to Jerusalem unto the king.
- God’s actual people went after this man of Belial and ended him right there.
- You don’t want to be one of these evil and wicked people. God will end you and throw you into hell.
- If you don’t believe me, listen to the next Scriptures.
 2 Samuel 23:5-7 Although my house be not so with God; yet he hath made with me an everlasting covenant, ordered in all things, and sure: for this is all my salvation, and all my desire, although he make it not to grow. 6 But the sons of Belial shall be all of them as thorns thrust away, because they cannot be taken with hands: 7 But the man that shall touch them must be fenced with iron and the staff of a spear; and they shall be utterly burned with fire in the same place.
- You can choose the first way for yourself or the second way in these Scriptures.
- You can choose God and everlasting life, or you can go against God and choose everlasting fire.
- What do we learn here about the sons of Belial, though, in this Scripture?
“The sons of Belial shall be all of them as thorns thrust away.”
- They are like thorns in your side. Are they not? All of these examples in the Bible show the same thing.
- They are irritating. They come at you when you’re trying to do good. You can’t take them with hands.
- Why? Because they are thorns. You must be fenced with iron and a staff of a spear.
- These children of Belial shall be utterly burned with fire. That’s what we learned in Deuteronomy.
- God said to burn the whole place. They will end up in everlasting fire.
The Word Belial Means Worthless
What does the word BELIAL actually mean? It means worthless. You don’t want to be worthless.
- This is why you MUST believe on Jesus Christ and STOP believing in everything else but Him.
- Stop believing in your denomination, your church, your religion, yourself, your works. Just stop.
- Trust in everything else but God, and you will be an evil and wicked child of Belial.
- Let’s see what else sons of Belial do within the Bible.
 1 Kings 21:7-8 And Jezebel his wife said unto him, Dost thou now govern the kingdom of Israel? arise, and eat bread, and let thine heart be merry: I will give thee the vineyard of Naboth the Jezreelite. 8 So she wrote letters in Ahab’s name, and sealed them with his seal, and sent the letters unto the elders and to the nobles that were in his city, dwelling with Naboth.
 1 Kings 21:9-10 And she wrote in the letters, saying, Proclaim a fast, and set Naboth on high among the people: 10 And set two men, sons of Belial, before him, to bear witness against him, saying, Thou didst blaspheme God and the king. And then carry him out, and stone him, that he may die.
 1 Kings 21:11-12 And the men of his city, even the elders and the nobles who were the inhabitants in his city, did as Jezebel had sent unto them, and as it was written in the letters which she had sent unto them. 12 They proclaimed a fast, and set Naboth on high among the people.
 1 Kings 21:13 And there came in two men, children of Belial, and sat before him: and the men of Belial witnessed against him, even against Naboth, in the presence of the people, saying, Naboth did blaspheme God and the king. Then they carried him forth out of the city, and stoned him with stones, that he died.
- These two men, children of Belial, were false witnesses. They lied about Naboth.
- Jezebel used these lying scum to get what she wanted. She had a man put to death over a vineyard.
- And she wouldn’t have been able to do that if it weren’t for these lying false witnesses.
- This is what sons of Belial will do. They’ll do the same to you.
- That’s what you verify what everyone says because they can easily lie about you, me, or others.
- Let’s see what else we can learn within the Scriptures.
 2 Chronicles 13:4-6 And Abijah stood up upon mount Zemaraim, which is in mount Ephraim, and said, Hear me, thou Jeroboam, and all Israel; 5 Ought ye not to know that the LORD God of Israel gave the kingdom over Israel to David for ever, even to him and to his sons by a covenant of salt? 6 Yet Jeroboam the son of Nebat, the servant of Solomon the son of David, is risen up, and hath rebelled against his lord.
 2 Chronicles 13:7 And there are gathered unto him vain men, the children of Belial, and have strengthened themselves against Rehoboam the son of Solomon, when Rehoboam was young and tenderhearted, and could not withstand them.
- Children of Belial are VAIN MEN. They strengthen themselves against God’s people ALWAYS.
- When someone hates you for preaching the Bible, they are children of Belial. Mark that down.
- Vain men have no fear of God at all. Vain means worthless and empty. They have zero importance.
- They are proud, showy, conceited, false, and know nothing. They won’t listen to knowledge.
- They won’t hear your words when you’re trying to help them to do the right thing. VAIN. Worthless.
Listen, there are TWO SIDES to this and ONLY 2 sides. There are the unsaved and the saved. That’s it.
- One group goes to heaven. One group goes to hell. Children of Belial are rejects. They are unsaved.
- They will never be saved. They are evil and wicked people.
- Unsaved people who still have a chance to be saved are not children of Belial.
- I made an image to help you understand what I mean.
The children of Belial and saved people don’t have anything to do with each other. NOTHING.
- There are unsaved people in this world that have a chance to be saved. They haven’t been rejected.
- Those are the people we need to find, preach the Gospel, and get them saved through Jesus Christ.
- Yes, they are difficult to find but they are out there.
- The children of Belial are worthless people who hate God and will try to take others with them to hell.
- Many of them are false preachers leading churches so you need to watch out for them.
- That’s why God gave you His words so you’ll be able to test them against His words.
The Unsaved Can Become Saved Unless They Are Children Of The Devil
Unsaved people who still have a chance can move over to the saved category.
- Saved people can’t move back to the unsaved category. It’s impossible.
- It’s impossible for someone rejected by God to move over to the saved category.
- Within the saved category, you have people who are following Jesus Christ and doing what He asks.
- These are called Christians because they follow Jesus Christ.
- You can be saved and not do what He tells you to do. There are many examples within the Bible of that.
- Those people won’t have any rewards because they only care for themselves.
- They don’t help anyone else. When you follow Jesus and do good works, you will receive rewards.
- When someone curses you for following God, as David was, you might receive a reward.
 2 Corinthians 6:14-16 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? 16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
- This is the only Scripture with Belial within the New Testament. This is the only one. This is enough.
- From these Scriptures, we can easily conclude that children of Belial are unbelievers.
- They are completely 100% unrighteous because they don’t have Jesus Christ.
- They are darkness. They are infidels or people who oppose Jesus Christ completely.
- They won’t listen to the Gospel. They won’t hear the truth. They mock God. They laugh at God.
They worship idols and false gods but NEVER the one true God. They will never have Jesus Christ.
- They are not on God’s side. And if they aren’t on God’s side, they are children of the devil.
- So, remember, all people are not God’s people. All people are not children of God.
- You only become a child of God by believing on the Son of God, the Savior of the world, Jesus Christ.
- And that’s it. There is no other way. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.
- No one can come to the Father but through Jesus Christ alone.
- You will not see children of Belial in heaven.
 Matthew 13:37-39 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; 38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; 39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
- The Bible talks about children of God and children of the wicked one. Belial is the wicked one.
 John 8:43-45 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. 44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
- All of these Scriptures should be enough for you to see that churches have lied to you.
- All people are not God’s people. You need to be careful out there. God says so. He warns you.
 Acts 13:8-10 But Elymas the sorcerer (for so is his name by interpretation) withstood them, seeking to turn away the deputy from the faith. 9 Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him, 10 And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?
- Churches today want to pervert the right ways of the Lord. They turn people away from God.
- You don’t want to go that way. Paul set his eyes on this man. You need to set your eyes on people.
 1 John 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
- Children of the devil, children of Belial, will never believe on Jesus Christ and obtain His righteousness.
- But obviously, that Scripture right there tells you that, in the end, there are 2 groups of people.
- Saved and unsaved. Righteous and unrighteous. Light and dark. Good and evil. Be on the right side.
- Do that right now by changing your mind and believing on Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
In summary, don’t serve other gods EVER. Don’t be a drunkard or a drug head. Don’t be unteachable.
- Don’t act as if you know everything. Listen and learn. Don’t be a lying false witness.
- Know the Lord. How do you get to know Him? Through His words, prayer, and study. SEEK HIM.
- Don’t despise God’s people. Don’t keep people from following God. Care about other people.
- Don’t make everything about yourself. Think of others. Don’t be a thorn in the side of people. Help them.
- And especially don’t be a homosexual. It’s not good. It’s evil and wicked. You abuse yourself and others.
- Don’t help the children of Belial. Instead, seek after God and Him alone. Put all your trust in Him.
- Be saved today and become a child of God if you aren’t already. Trust Jesus. Love Jesus. Do what He says.