- Sermon Slides for Sermon Proverbs Chapter 9: Slides
- Printable PDF for Sermon Proverbs Chapter 9: PDF
- Audio MP3 for Sermon Proverbs Chapter 9: Audio
- Video MP4 for Sermon Proverbs Chapter 9: Video
 The title of the sermon: “PROVERBS CHAPTER 9.”
Proverbs Is The Book Filled With Wisdom
- We’re going to continue our verse by verse study in the amazing Book of Proverbs.
- So far, I have personally learned so much going through this book filled with wisdom.
- Every time I read through this book I learn more and more. It’s an amazing book.
- Let’s see what we can learn from God in Proverbs Chapter 9. We cry out for wisdom.
 Proverbs 9:1-6 Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars: 2 She hath killed her beasts; she hath mingled her wine; she hath also furnished her table. 3 She hath sent forth her maidens: she crieth upon the highest places of the city, 4 Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither: as for him that wanteth understanding, she saith to him, 5 Come, eat of my bread, and drink of the wine which I have mingled. 6 Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.
- Here, at the start of Proverbs Chapter 9, we see wisdom hath builded her house.
- She hath hewn out her seven pillars. She hath killed her beasts. She hath mingled or mixed her wine.
- She hath furnished her table. She hath sent forth her maidens. She is crying out to the simple people.
- She wants them to hear her so she is at the highest places of the city calling out to these people.
- “LISTEN to what I have to say.” This is wisdom calling out to all of the people of this world.
She wants the simple to come to her so she can give them truth and understanding.
- Let the simple turn into her home. Turn in hither. Do you want understanding? Do you want wisdom?
- She says, “You do? Then come and eat of my bread and drink of the wine that I have for you.”
- “I have the bread of life ready for you to eat from. I have the best wine mingled for you right here.”
- “Why do you want to go somewhere else? Forsake the foolish and live. Go in the way of understanding.”
- Why do you want to go any other way? WISDOM IS THE WAY TO GOD. Be wise. Understand God.
- Understand that God simply wants you to believe what He says. Just believe what He says and trust Him.
So, we saw the evil woman as the harlot. She’s calling you this other way. But wisdom is calling you to her.
- Wisdom is not evil. Wisdom is not using you. Wisdom doesn’t want to harm you and spit you out.
- The others will do just that. Wisdom is CRYING for you. She wants you to see the truth.
- You’re on this path. You come to a point where the path divides just as you in your life right now.
- You’re at this point each day. There’s only 2 ways to go. Wisdom is standing at the right path.
- She’s calling you to come over this way. Each day this happens. Will you ignore wisdom?
- Will you go down the other path? Or, do you want God to guide you and direct you along His path?
- Let’s look at verse 1 a little closer because there’s a lot to that verse.
 Proverbs 9:1 Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars:
- Wisdom hath builded her house. This is talking about a spiritual house.
- Counting on a physical house to do something for you is not good. A physical house gives you problems.
- “Well, I bought 30 year shingles but it’s only been 10 years and they’re starting to fail.”
- “Well, I put waterproofing tar around my entire basement but it’s still leaking.”
- “I put drain tile all around the footers. I have a sump pump. The grading is correct.”
- “But there’s still water in my basement.” A physical house will fail you.
- Wisdom didn’t build a physical house. She built a spiritual house that doesn’t fail.
 1 Peter 2:4-6 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious, 5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. 6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
- I am a lively stone. Are you a lively stone? Let’s act like we know that we’re alive forevermore.
- We aren’t dead. We will never die. We are built up a spiritual house.
- This is why we will learn and understand the words of wisdom in the Book of Proverbs.
- We will offer up spiritual sacrifices that are acceptable to God BY Jesus Christ.
- He is elect and precious. Jesus Christ is our spiritual house. Without Him, we would have no house.
 Hebrews 3:1-2 Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus; 2 Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house.
 Hebrews 3:3-4 For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house. 4 For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God.
- Jesus Christ builded the house that we see wisdom building. JESUS CHRIST IS WISDOM. He is God.
- Jesus has all wisdom, all power, all strength.
 Hebrews 3:5-6 And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after; 6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.
- WHOSE HOUSE ARE WE. Jesus says, “I will build my church.” Jesus builds the house.
- Wisdom hath builded her house.
 1 Timothy 3:15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.
- The church teaches the truth. The church is the pillar and ground of the truth.
- We are to HOLD FAST the confidence and rejoicing of the hope we have FIRM unto the end.
- We don’t allow false preaching to enter here. This is God’s house, and we hate lies.
 Ephesians 2:18-20 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. 19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
 Ephesians 2:21-22 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
- We have access to WISDOM by the Holy Spirit of God that He has given us.
- Why has He given us the Holy Spirit that teaches us all things? Because we simply have believed on Him.
- We trust Him. We use what He gives us. He gives us more. Jesus is our house. He holds us together.
 John 2:19-21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. 20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? 21 But he spake of the temple of his body.
- His body is a temple. His body is a spiritual house. He has raised it up.
 1 Corinthians 12:27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
- This house that wisdom has built is a STRONG HOUSE that will NEVER fail. It’s built upon seven pillars.
- That’s the only verse in the Bible with the phrase “SEVEN PILLARS.”
- Seven is a number of completion within the Bible. Seven days of creation.
- Seven pairs of animals into the ark. Sprinkle the blood seven times before the Lord.
- Seven years of plenty and seven years of famine. Seven days of unleavened bread.
- Daniel’s 70th week is a period of 7 years. The walls of Jericho came down in 7 days.
 2 Kings 4:35 Then he returned, and walked in the house to and fro; and went up, and stretched himself upon him: and the child sneezed seven times, and the child opened his eyes.
- So, we see tons and tons of Scriptures with the number 7. God loves the number 7.
- 7 churches in the Book of Revelation.
- The house wisdom hath built is built around 7 pillars. And remember, this is a spiritual house.
- The church of saved believers is a spiritual house. It’s not a physical house. A physical house perishes.
- The 7 pillars are the 7 spirits of God. What are these spirits?
The 7 Pillars Are The 7 Spirits Of God
 Isaiah 11:1-2 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: 2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;
- 1) The Spirit of the Lord. 2) The Spirit of Wisdom. 3) The Spirit of Understanding.
- 4) The Spirit of Counsel. 5) The Spirit of Might. 6) The Spirit of Knowledge.
- 7) The Spirit of the Fear of the Lord. We need these 7 spirits or 7 pillars in this house wisdom has built.
 Revelation 1:4-6 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne; 5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, 6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
- The seven spirits are before His throne in heaven. Jesus Christ has these seven spirits.
- Wisdom built this spiritual house with these 7 spirits as the pillars of her house.
- If you want a strong house, you should follow after wisdom and do the same thing.
- You need these 7 spirits: the Lord’s spirit, wisdom, understanding, counsel, might, knowledge, fear of the Lord.
- Build your house out of those and the house will never fall.
- Believe on Jesus Christ and you’ve built that house. He has it all ready for you.
 Proverbs 9:2 She hath killed her beasts; she hath mingled her wine; she hath also furnished her table.
- God already has everything ready for you. Simply change your mind and believe. Isn’t that great?
- No work required to get there. Wisdom has it all ready for you. The food and drink is ready.
- The table is furnished. Come and eat. The word of God is this bread. Jesus is the word of God.
 Luke 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.
 Deuteronomy 8:3 And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.
- God’s words are all right here. He’s given them to you. The table is furnished. The food and drink are here.
- Will you sit down and partake? Or would you rather go about the ways of death.
- Or do you want to choose life and get wisdom? Will you eat with her? Will you have meals with her?
- She’s not going to hurt you. She’s only going to help you. The words of wisdom are life.
- And it’s all ready for you. Why would you not sit down with wisdom?
 Proverbs 9:3 She hath sent forth her maidens: she crieth upon the highest places of the city,
- Wisdom has sent forth her maidens. They are looking for you. They are inviting you.
- Please come to church and find wisdom there. Please read the word of God.
- Please study the word of God. Wisdom is inviting you to the dinner she has ready for you.
- I’m hungry. I want to be filled up on wisdom. Let’s eat. There’s nothing better than wisdom’s meal.
- She has sent forth her maidens to find you. Were you listening? Did you turn her down?
- She’s crying out for you to come and get wisdom.
 Matthew 22:2-3 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son, 3 And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.
- People everywhere, especially in the so-called churches, are doing the same thing.
- Wisdom is crying out. “Listen to my words,” she yells out as loud as she possibly can.
- She’s putting forth her best effort to get you to listen. She never stops. She continues.
- She sends forth her servants to call them to the dinner, but they would not come.
 Matthew 22:4 Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.
- This is the same thing we see in Proverbs Chapter 9.
 Matthew 22:5-6 But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise: 6 And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.
- We try to teach people the truth. Over and over again. We try. We tell them the truth.
- We invite them to hear the truth. But they don’t want anything to do with the truth.
- These people even killed the servants of God. They have killed His prophets. They slew them.
- Wisdom sends forth her maidens, and the world does the same to her maidens.
 Matthew 22:7-9 But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city. 8 Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy. 9 Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
- Wisdom is trying, but people don’t choose wisdom. They choose the evil woman over there.
- They choose mystery Babylon that great whore. They choose the way of evil and hate God and His ways.
- “THE KING” is watching. The wrath of THE KING is building. Don’t ignore wisdom. Don’t ignore God.
 Proverbs 9:4-5 Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither: as for him that wanteth understanding, she saith to him, 5 Come, eat of my bread, and drink of the wine which I have mingled.
- We have all been simple ones. Wisdom is giving everyone a chance. She gives the same chances to all.
- She is inviting the simple. She is eating and drinking with sinners. She is inviting them to dinner.
- If you want understand, she says, “I don’t care what you’ve done in the past. Come on in.”
 Mark 2:15-16 And it came to pass, that, as Jesus sat at meat in his house, many publicans and sinners sat also together with Jesus and his disciples: for there were many, and they followed him. 16 And when the scribes and Pharisees saw him eat with publicans and sinners, they said unto his disciples, How is it that he eateth and drinketh with publicans and sinners?
 Mark 2:17 When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
- If I were righteous on my own, I wouldn’t need Jesus to save me.
- The Pharisees didn’t think they needed Jesus. They thought they were righteous through their works.
- Wisdom can only invite sinners to the meal. That’s all there is in this world. We are all sinners.
- Some people think they are righteous, though, through all of their own works.
 Matthew 21:32 For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented not afterward, that ye might believe him.
- Wisdom wants to eat with people who understand that they are sinners.
- The others don’t need wisdom and won’t hear her calling because they are so wise without her.
- The truth, though, is they are fools professing themselves to be wise. The Pharisees were fools.
Wisdom says, “I’ve prepared the greatest meal of all time for you. This meal leads to everlasting life.”
- “Come, eat of my bread and drink of the wine which I have mingled.”
- The body of Jesus is that bread. The blood of Jesus is that wine.
- Accept this meal and receive everlasting life. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.
- But no, some people won’t hear wisdom calling for them. They continue to reject her.
- Why? Because they are stiffnecked. Their hearts are hardened. They won’t give in to God.
 Psalm 22:26 The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the LORD that seek him: your heart shall live for ever.
- You must be meek and humble to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. You must become like a child.
- A child will listen and learn from their parents who love them.
- When wisdom invites the meek, the meek will listen and submit to her will.
- The meek are not proud. The meek are not self-sufficient. The meek know they need God.
- The meek shall accept the invitation to the greatest meal ever. “I will be there, wisdom.”
- “I’m not missing this for anything. I WILL BE THERE, and I WILL PARTAKE of this meal.”
- And I will be satisfied. And I will praise the Lord. My heart will love forever. THANK YOU GOD!!!
 Psalm 22:29 All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul.
- The meek understand that they cannot keep alive their own soul. They don’t know how.
- I don’t know how to keep my soul alive forever. But Jesus does. And I trust Him in His infinite wisdom.
 Proverbs 9:6 Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.
- This is wisdom right here. FORSAKE THE FOOLISH. Remember the path you’re on today.
- You’re at a turning point. Wisdom this way. Wickedness this way. Forsake that evil way.
- Go on the path that wisdom is leading you. Go in the way of understanding.
 Proverbs 4:14-15 Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil men. 15 Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away.
 Proverbs 13:20 He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.
 Psalm 26:4-5 I have not sat with vain persons, neither will I go in with dissemblers. 5 I have hated the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked.
- Don’t continue to approve of evil ways and go in the path of the wicked.
- Don’t continue to support false churches who are preaching and teaching false gospels and lies.
- Don’t continue to support a church who loves and supports abominations.
- You need to be like that Scripture.
- “I will not go in with those people. I hate the congregation of evil doers. I will not sit with the wicked.”
- Again, “I WILL NOT SIT WITH THE WICKED!!!” But I will sit with wisdom. I’ll have a meal with her.
 Psalm 45:10-11 Hearken, O daughter, and consider, and incline thine ear; forget also thine own people, and thy father’s house; 11 So shall the king greatly desire thy beauty: for he is thy Lord; and worship thou him.
- I will forget my own people who won’t listen to God and His words. I won’t be around them.
- I will hearken to God and incline my ear to Him. I won’t hear the others. I will forget my father’s house.
- I don’t want to, but I will. I want them all to be saved and wisdom is doing her best. She cries out to them.
All Of Those People Who Forget God Will Be Forgotten Forever
I will forget them one day. We all will forget those who won’t put all their trust in God alone. They will perish.
- It’s sad, but “So shall the king greatly desire thy beauty: FOR HE IS THY LORD.”
- I worship Him because He is Lord. He is the most important. What He wants is what we do.
- We must be willing to forsake every other way, every other person, and every other thing.
- I will not go towards their paths. I will not go toward their ways or towards their location.
 Psalm 119:115 Depart from me, ye evildoers: for I will keep the commandments of my God.
 2 Corinthians 6:17-18 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
- I’m going to listen to His voice. He is Lord. He is Savior. He is God of me. He made me. He formed me.
- He is the potter. I am the clay. I will not let these other words from liars enter in ever again.
 Revelation 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
- Get out of there people. God is warning you. Wisdom is warning you today.
- God is so great that you won’t remember these other ways and these wicked people any more.
- One day, you will forget them forever. Understand that. God is that great.
- And if you don’t want to forget them you better get the simple Gospel to them.
- It only takes a few minutes to get the Gospel to them. If they won’t hear, try again.
- But don’t partake in their ways. “COME OUT OF HER, MY PEOPLE.”
- You might cry for them now, but one day you won’t cry for them anymore.
 Revelation 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
- Your crying for them will be over. God is so great that He is enough for you.
- You will forget them and their ways. Stay away from them and their ways.
- Don’t go in the paths of the wicked, the false gods, the harlots of the religions.
- This is not me telling you this and making this up. WISDOM from God is teaching these things.
 Proverbs 9:7 He that reproveth a scorner getteth to himself shame: and he that rebuketh a wicked man getteth himself a blot.
- I will give to the Gospel to anyone I don’t know. The person might be a wicked sodomite.
- If that person clearly hates God when I talk with them, I’m done.
- I won’t reprove this scorner who hates God. I’m done with them. I hate them. I reject them.
- If you want to reject God, blasphemy Him, and hate Him, I will hate you. God will hate you.
- It won’t do any good to try to get a flaming sodomite saved. I might accidentally give them the Gospel.
- But they won’t believe it because they hate God. They might even say, “I’m Christian.”
- But we know they have a false Jesus that they’ve made up in their reprobate mind.
Reproving them won’t do you any good. You won’t change their mind. They know everything already.
- They magnify themselves and raise themselves up against God. Very dumb thing to do.
- You’ll just get a blot by attempting to correct these scorners. And that’s the truth.
- And it’s even more true with these religious fools who preach false gospels and lies every church service.
- They won’t listen to you. I’ve tried before with the wives of false preachers when going door to door.
- The wives of deacons. “Oh, I don’t need to know that. I already know that.”
- You see? They already know everything.
- Even though I am 100% sure the wife of a deacon in a false church sure doesn’t know much of anything.
 Proverbs 9:8-9 Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee. 9 Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.
- When you reprove one of these men and women who know everything, they will hate you.
- My last so-called “pastor” hated me for telling him the truth.
- He didn’t want to hear Scripture from the Bible. He is a scorner and a mocker of God’s word.
- He says, “You must keep working for eternal life until you finally achieve eternal life.” Wow.
- You can’t rebuke him or reprove him because he knows it all. LEST HE HATE THEE.
You can’t rebuke or reprove Dr. Dave Smith because he knows it all. He’s given up everything for “god.”
- He wrote a book. Don’t ever attempt to reprove a man who wrote a book.
- He says, “God doesn’t throw people into hell. God loves everyone no matter what. God doesn’t hate.”
- “God doesn’t reject people.” Obviously, he made up a fairy tale god that isn’t in the Bible.
- He made up a god that he likes best because he doesn’t like the one in the Bible.
- You can’t rebuke a Dr. James White because he is so great. He knows everything. People worship him.
- Him and all his cronies love the praise of men but could care less about the praise of God.
But, rebuke a wise man with the truth of the Bible, and he will love thee.
- If you show me the truth in the Bible on something that I have wrong, I will love you.
- Why? Because I had something wrong that was going to make God angry with me.
- And you helped me avoid God’s wrath upon me. That’s why I’ll love you when you rebuke me.
- But you must rebuke me with the words of the Bible. They must be truth.
They must not be something made up from a religion. For example, altar calls.
- I don’t need an altar in this church. We don’t have an altar. Altars were for sacrifices.
- Jesus is our sacrifice and that already happened. We don’t need to sacrifice anyone up here.
- You don’t have to come to the altar and make a show out of it for everyone to see.
- We want instruction here. I want instruction here. I don’t know 1% of what I should know about God.
- But I’m going to keep learning and doing my best. I’ll teach those who want to listen to God’s words.
- “Teach a just man, and he will increase in learning. “ That’s what wisdom wants to do for you.
- She wants to make us wiser. God wants to give us His wisdom.
 James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
- I lack wisdom. I want more wisdom. We all should want more wisdom. Ask and God will give you wisdom.
 James 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
- Pure, peaceable, gentle, easy to be intreated or easy to handle, full of mercy, full of good fruits.
- Without partiality. Wisdom doesn’t care who you are. She will eat with you no matter who you are.
- She is not a respecter of persons. Wisdom is without hypocrisy. Doesn’t exist with wisdom.
- Why wouldn’t you want wisdom? Everything about wisdom is good and something you should want.
 Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
- If you don’t have any wisdom at all yet, this means you haven’t feared the Lord at all.
- The beginning of wisdom is the fear of the Lord. People have told me they are scared of hell.
- They don’t want to go to hell. But they won’t listen to God’s words on how to be saved from hell.
- I’ve seen it over and over and over again.
They want to argue about God’s words. They want salvation to include their works.
- The Bible says, “Salvation is not of works.” Clearly. But they don’t want to hear God’s instruction.
- So they might be scared of hell, but they sure don’t fear God who is the one who can destroy them.
- Why won’t they listen to His words? They have no fear of Him. They have ZERO wisdom.
 Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
- But Dave Smith says, “Oh no, God won’t destroy you in hell. God forbid.” That’s what he said to me.
- He’s taking the fear of God out of everything. He doesn’t fear God at all. He even took hell away.
- But did he really take hell away? No, only in his corrupted mind.
- Hell is there right in the center of the earth right now, and God will cast people into hell.
 Revelation 20:14-15 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
- God cast those people into the lake of fire. Who else would do that? Do you know how?
- No, we don’t know how to cast souls into hell.
- We don’t know how to cast souls and bodies into the lake of fire.
God Can Destroy Both Your Soul And Body In Hell
We aren’t strong enough or powerful enough to do anything like that. GOD DOES IT.
- And we should fear Him because He is the one who can destroy us.
- When we understand that we aren’t good and need Him to forgive us if all our sins, we give in to Him.
- We know that He is more powerful than we are. Dave Smith doesn’t get that. He wrote a book.
- We must fear God and God alone and that is the beginning of wisdom. Look at the end of this verse.
 Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
- “The knowledge of the holy is understanding.” Once you know God, you understand.
- That’s the truth. And those of you who now know God, understand exactly what I mean.
 John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
- Once you know God and Jesus Christ, you have life eternal. You’ve believed on Him.
- He gives you the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and seals your soul from sin.
- Your flesh isn’t perfect and will sin. But, if you choose the Spirit, you will not sin.
- But we all mess up and choose the flesh. We are weak, but He is strong. We need Him.
- We know that He’s given us eternal life even though we sin in this flesh.
- We won’t stop sinning in this flesh completely UNTIL the rapture or resurrection or day of redemption.
 Proverbs 9:11 For by me thy days shall be multiplied, and the years of thy life shall be increased.
- Wisdom shall multiply your days. The years of your life shall be increased through what?
- Through God’s wisdom. Don’t you want to live? Would you rather die?
- No, I want to live. I don’t want to die. Death is not fun or exciting. But being alive is fun and exciting.
- I thank God that He’s given all of us life. And if wisdom has life, why would we reject wisdom?
- Would you rather watch TV all the time than read the Bible? Why? You want to die earlier?
- Would you rather play sports all the time than read the Bible? Why? You don’t want to live?
- Seek after wisdom and stop seeking all of this fun form the world that only leads to death.
Do you see what that verse says? Make sure you see the words.
- “For by me thy days are multiplied, and the years of they life shall be increased.”
- The Bible doesn’t say, “By doctors shall the years of your life be increased.”
- “By yearly colonoscopies shall the years of your life be increased.”
- Doctors don’t catch everything, and they can’t fix everything. But I know who can.
- God the Father can. Jesus can. The Holy Spirit can. They see and know everything about you.
 2 Chronicles 16:12-13 And Asa in the thirty and ninth year of his reign was diseased in his feet, until his disease was exceeding great: yet in his disease he sought not to the LORD, but to the physicians. 13 And Asa slept with his fathers, and died in the one and fortieth year of his reign.
- The doctors don’t know everything. Some of them might think they are God, but they aren’t close.
- Why don’t you seek God before you have any problems? Not once you have problems. BEFORE.
- Yes, God is infinite times greater than all the doctors who have ever lived.
- And it’s not even close. BY WISDOM, the years of thy life shall be increased.
 Proverbs 10:27 The fear of the LORD prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.
 Deuteronomy 6:2 That thou mightest fear the LORD thy God, to keep all his statutes and his commandments, which I command thee, thou, and thy son, and thy son’s son, all the days of thy life; and that thy days may be prolonged.
- Do you know who followed after God? King Hezekiah followed after God.
- When he was sick, he cried to the Lord with tears and asked God to heal him.
 2 Kings 20:1-3 In those days was Hezekiah sick unto death. And the prophet Isaiah the son of Amoz came to him, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Set thine house in order; for thou shalt die, and not live. 2 Then he turned his face to the wall, and prayed unto the LORD, saying, 3 I beseech thee, O LORD, remember now how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore.
- Hezekiah cried because he didn’t want to die yet. He wanted to live.
 2 Kings 20:4-5 And it came to pass, afore Isaiah was gone out into the middle court, that the word of the LORD came to him, saying, 5 Turn again, and tell Hezekiah the captain of my people, Thus saith the LORD, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will heal thee: on the third day thou shalt go up unto the house of the LORD.
 2 Kings 20:6-7 And I will add unto thy days fifteen years; and I will deliver thee and this city out of the hand of the king of Assyria; and I will defend this city for mine own sake, and for my servant David’s sake. 7 And Isaiah said, Take a lump of figs. And they took and laid it on the boil, and he recovered.
- I don’t know of any doctor who can say, “I’ve given you 15 more years.” But God can.
- God is the GREAT PHYSICIAN. He knows how your body works. He made it. He created it.
- He has miraculous power that we can’t even imagine. Why not go to Him before your problems start?
- Fear Him. Tremble before Him. Understand what He can do.
 Proverbs 9:12 If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: but if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it.
- King Hezekiah was wise by following God and His commandments to the best that he could.
- He still messed up, but he never stopped seeking God. His wisdom from God helped to prolong his life.
- “If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself.” It’s good for you to be wise.
- “But if thou scornest or be evil, thou alone shalt bear it.” It’s your choice. God’s giving you a choice.
This Scripture is telling you that you have a choice to be wise or a scorner or hater of God.
- If you choose wisdom, it’s good for you. There is nothing better. If you choose wickedness, you will pay.
- You will bear your own iniquities. God will not help you. You will pay for your sin.
- And that’s sad because Jesus paid for your sin if you would only choose wisdom.
- If you would choose to believe on Jesus Christ, He’s already paid for your sins.
- But a wicked person won’t receive that sacrifice that Jesus already made. That’s very sad.
- It’s like having a winning lottery ticket in your pocket that you just throw away. But it’s far worse.
- We’re talking an eternity in hell when all you had to do was change your mind in a split second.
 Proverbs 9:13-18 A foolish woman is clamorous: she is simple, and knoweth nothing. 14 For she sitteth at the door of her house, on a seat in the high places of the city, 15 To call passengers who go right on their ways: 16 Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither: and as for him that wanteth understanding, she saith to him, 17 Stolen waters are sweet, and bread eaten in secret is pleasant. 18 But he knoweth not that the dead are there; and that her guests are in the depths of hell.
- A foolish woman is not like the wise woman. The wise woman has life ready for you.
- She has a perfect meal of Jesus Christ ready for you. She has life everlasting as the prize.
- But the foolish woman has the opposite. She is deceiving you. She has death ready for you.
- Her guests are in the depths of hell. What in the world is wrong with people?
Why choose death? Why not life? It’s so frustrating that people won’t listen.
- It’s so frustrating that people would rather watch evil TV than listen to God’s words of wisdom.
- It’s extremely frustrating that people would rather watch TV than hear from wisdom.
A Foolish Woman Is Clamorous Or Loud, Noisy, and Turbulent
A foolish woman is clamorous. What’s that mean? Loud, noisy, turbulent.
- Speaking foolish things loudly. She is simple and knows nothing. She’ll argue with you.
- You’ll tell her that it’s believing alone that saves you, and she’ll call you a liar.
- “Don’t you dare teach my children that. Don’t you dare to preach those lies to me.”
- SIMPLE. KNOWING NOTHING. The truth is the truth. God’s word is truth.
This simple and evil woman sits at the door of her house and on a seat in the high places of the city.
- Satan took Jesus up to a high mountain and tempted him with the kingdoms of the world.
- He tempted Jesus with glory and honor of these high places and high positions.
- He bribes people with all these things just like this simple woman here.
- But Jesus already has everything. Jesus owns Satan. Jesus is the KING OF SATAN.
- Jesus is “THE KING” of everything you’ve even seen and everything you’ve never seen.
These simple people like their high places that they think are so important. They bribe you to evil through power.
- And fame. And fortune. This simple woman calls the passengers who go right on their ways.
- Evil people want to pull the people who do right down to their level.
- They target those people. Children who do good will be targeted by the evil children.
- “Oh come on. Just try it. Just smoke this.” They get joy when a good child does evil.
- See verse 15. “To call passengers who go right on their ways.”
- The evil and wicked woman loves when she deceives someone who usually does right.
- Why would they target those who are already doing wrong? No, they want to corrupt the right things.
“Come in hither,” she says. “Do you want understanding?” Coe on in here. Just like the churches.
- “We’ll take care of you here. Don’t worry.” People need to wake up and see the truth.
- “Everyone is welcome here,” they say. Does that match Scripture? No.
- God doesn’t want abominations in His church. God doesn’t want sodomites in His church.
- God doesn’t want fornicators in His church. God doesn’t want false preachers in His church.
She says, “Stolen waters are sweet.” Hey, that water isn’t yours. But that woman is enticing you.
- “These waters are sweet. Bread eaten in secret is pleasant.” You know it’s wrong but you do it anyway.
- “For the goodman of the house is not home. He is on a long journey. Come, let us take our fill of love.”
- Hey, listen, stolen waters are not sweet. Eating bread in secret is not pleasant. She’s lying to you.
- Don’t listen to those evil voices. Why? Verse 18 right there tells us.
 Proverbs 9:18 But he knoweth not that the dead are there; and that her guests are in the depths of hell.
- You know that the evil ways are not good. THE DEAD ARE THERE IN HER HOUSE.
- The simple who won’t listen to God’s word over the evil words of this world will die.
- They are there in that simple woman’s house. They follow after the ways of evil and wickedness.
- You have to get up and get out of there. RUN AWAY. Don’t go back. Stay away.
- “Her guests are in the depths of hell.”
Follow after wisdom. How do you do that? You read and listen to God’s words. His words are wisdom.
- His words will guide you and direct you along the right paths. Believe what god says.
- Your foundation will be Jesus Christ Himself. Don’t go the other ways. Don’t fall for lies.
- Stick to God and His words. If you ever get off the path, get back to His words as fast as you can.
- Death is searching for you and trying to find you. Walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh.
- Wisdom is spirit. Simple is the flesh. Always follow after wisdom. Remember, she’s crying out for you.